[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread we show off our arcteryx to the poorfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 32

File: IMG_2117.png (1MB, 1039x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2117.png
1MB, 1039x692px
In this thread we show off our arcteryx to the poorfags
>>
delet this
>>
I don't get it, it's not even that expensive. Am I looking at the right stuff? All the shit I see is <$400
>>
>>32346892
No time stamp, not yours. kys fellow poorfag
>>
>>32346892
And yet you would still die in shtf. It's almost as if that shit is worthless in the real world.
>>
>>32346892

>poorfags
>budget build
>budget optic in poverty mount
>20rd pmag

Home theater in a rented house.
>>
I have a bit of arcteryx stuff, it's pretty nice quality, but overpriced

Since I live in canuckistan I can go down to the warehouse and get in on some """sales""" from time to time, unfortunately the price difference is usually like 10% off from regular.

More of a rich kid brand desu
>>
Not a poorfag, just don't have any of your special snowflake yuppie clothes. I'm guessing it's sold at REI. What makes it so great? Maybe I'll buy some if it's not a rebadge of North Face tier garbage.
>>
>>32346934
https://www.rei.com/product/105030/arcteryx-macai-jacket-mens
>>
>>32346892
the only way you could not afford this shit is if you were not gainfully employed
>>
>>32346892
Yeah, I'm not paying extra for the dead bird. Milsurp, Columbia, knock-off & friends suits me just fine.
>>
>>32346892
>lets show off expensive stuff we have
>can't even post a picture of something he has but wants to pretend he does

arcteryx fags in a nutshell
>>
>>32347479
>thousand dollar jacket
>750 fill power poorfag special goose down
Jesus tittyfucking christ. Low fill power, not even eider down. Is this the ultimate meme jacket?
>>
>>32348296
In the defense of Arcteryx fags that would mean OP is a pretendo arecteryx fag.
>>
Is this arcteryx company shilling on /k? Never heard of them until recently and now there is a daily brag thread about it.

I checked out there stuff, seemed overpriced and now I constantly get adds at the bottom for them.

If they are shilling its probably worth it cause this board is all abiut people boasting about their leet expensive shit while everyone else tells them how they overpaid or and are a faggot.

So carry on arcertyx shills
>>
>>32348349
mostly gear queers memeing again, but yeah it's probable some companies shill on /k/
>>
>>32346940
>being dry or warm is worthless
sure buddy

>>32347147
it's definitely better than north face, that's for sure

>>32348349
>>32348398
nobody on /k/ is buying ded bird b/c of these threads

it's just cause people get riled up since people who've never been colder than 32 degrees F can't understand why this is different from their north face fleece.
>>
>>32348499
>being dry or warm is worthless
>sure buddy
What is layering? What is wool? How do I waterproof canvas? I don't need to spend a gorrilian freedom bucks to stay warm and dry.
>>
>>32348523
You layer clothes regardless of what brand they are. Wool is good but it's not super cheap either. And waterproofed canvas can't breathe for shit, have fun walking around in a goddamn sweat suit.
>>
>>32348499
not even hiding the shilling
>>
>>32348590
ehhh
i own 1 arcteryx thing and it's fine
didn't pay full retail for it
>>
>>32348499
>it's definitely better than north face, that's for sure

So, is it sold at REI?
>>
>>32349498
yes
IIRC i actually bought my arcteryx jacket online through REI
>>
>>32349550
>yes
>IIRC i actually bought my arcteryx jacket online through REI

Gotcha. Yuppie bullshit, with a big price tag so yuppie faggots won't know it's garbage.

> More like Arcter'orth Face.
>>
>>32346892
Are those straight gen1 20rnd pmag?
>>
File: IMG_20160405_104908515.jpg (2MB, 3519x1655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_104908515.jpg
2MB, 3519x1655px
>>32346892
>>
>>32349757
by that standard petzl, kuhl, patagonia, smartwool, osprey, camelback, gregory, mountain hardwear, mystery ranch, outdoor research, etc. are all bullshit

all the mountaineers who use them are yuppie faggots

all the sof guys who pushed for patagonia cold weather gear are yuppie faggots too

anyways i've had north face stuff and it's not even close to arc'teryx in materials or in construction
>>
>>32349498

not the LEAF stuff, which has contracts with police and militaries, some of that is sold through some distributors.
>>
>>32346943
>Home theater in a rented house

Kek
>>
>>32350122
>by that standard petzl, kuhl, patagonia, smartwool, osprey, camelback, gregory, mountain hardwear, mystery ranch, outdoor research, etc. are all bullshit
>all the mountaineers who use them are yuppie faggots
>all the sof guys who pushed for patagonia cold weather gear are yuppie faggots too
>anyways i've had north face stuff and it's not even close to arc'teryx in materials or in construction

Yeah pretty much. I stand by the statement for your list minus CamelBack and whatever specific model Patagonia the SOF guys wanted. A broken clock is still right twice a day.

REI is the faggot patch of outdoor stores. Gear queers are just bursting out of the ground in and around the property of an REI. If that's your jam, more power to you but know people who don't assess their personal value by the brands of clothes they wear are laughing pretty hard at you. So go have a blast standing in line at starbucks, chatting with the other housewives about your plans for the afternoon. The rest of us have put together outdoor clothes from all over the place and aren't afraid of walking through a briar patch or climbing a tree or skinning a deer since we don't have a $400 jacket to worry about.
>>
>>32349822

So their shoes are worth it? I've been going with either Danner or Asolo for years, but the majority of my outdoor gear is dead bird (no LEAF).
>>
>>32350924
why are you so salty that I own a $200 jacket? never been afraid to walk through briar patches or climb trees because of my fucking clothes.

what does it even mean to "put together oudoor clothes from all over the place"? I've never physically set foot in a REI so I wouldn't know what they're like. They had the specific jacket I was looking for on sale so I bought it online.

>>32350965
those are salomons, not ded bird shoes
>>
>>32350998

Oops, ima dummy. Still, you like them? I use a bunch of their stuff for XC skiing and it's pretty good. Never really considered their shoes.
>>
File: 20335_1_3_am.png (1MB, 1400x980px) Image search: [Google]
20335_1_3_am.png
1MB, 1400x980px
>>32351032
I'm not the guy who posted them but I do have a pair of Salomon Speed Assaults I like. They're well built, super light, and dry fast. They fit a little wider than Merrills so they work for my feet a lot better.
>>
>>32350924
Not the guy you're going back and forth with but now I'm curious what such a super cool guy like yourself wears?
What's your professional opinion on a soft shell jacket for active 0-32°f conditions?
>>
>>32350998
>why are you so salty that I own a $200 jacket? never been afraid to walk through briar patches or climb trees because of my fucking clothes.
>what does it even mean to "put together oudoor clothes from all over the place"? I've never physically set foot in a REI so I wouldn't know what they're like. They had the specific jacket I was looking for on sale so I bought it online.

I'm not salty at all. I really don't care how much you paid for your jacket. It's the kind of jacket you wear to Pilates. So when you tell your friends you're going hunting and they see you in an expensive, vinyl, windbreaker, they're like "Sure, Gary. Go get em."

What I'm saying is you're the butt of a joke told by the rest of the outdoor public. But this is america and you can what you want with your money. I'm not telling you not to buy what you want or wear what you want. We're just laughing at you with your Fischer Price outdoor gear.
>>
>>32351064

Pretty sexy kicks, thanks for the info
>>
>>32351070
>Not the guy you're going back and forth with but now I'm curious what such a super cool guy like yourself wears?
>What's your professional opinion on a soft shell jacket for active 0-32°f conditions?

If you're going to be in tight woods with lots of ground growth you can't go wrong with an earth toned mechanics jump suit. They breath, they're tough as nails, they go on right over your normal clothes, they're warm, and they're relatively cheap. I have some I spent less than $100 and they've lasted nearly 10 years so far. I'd have paid plenty more for them had I known how great they were going to be.

If you get some, get the ones with the extra waist gusset. It makes bending over or getting prone a non-issue. I don't even notice I'm wearing them now.
>>
also still dying at the guy who thinks being sold at REI automatically makes something bad

i guess my Salomons and Merrills are shit, whoops. The Mystery Ranch packs SOCOM has been using are shit too, whoops. My Nalgene bottle is also yuppie shit, whoops.

>>32351071
>being this worried about the brand image and mental associations surrounding your clothes

sure buddy, i'm the one who's a yuppie faggot. i don't give a fuck what people think about my jacket, but apparently that's all you think about.

>>32351098
how do they fare when it rains?
>>
File: deadbird.jpg (448KB, 928x1386px) Image search: [Google]
deadbird.jpg
448KB, 928x1386px
>>
File: 616.jpg (45KB, 616x413px) Image search: [Google]
616.jpg
45KB, 616x413px
This is dan bell
>>
>>32348349
>Never heard of Arc'teryx until recently

Have you never set foot into an outdoor gear store?
>>
>>32346892
What exactly makes there products so good? Like I see there winter jackets look really nice, but the pants and stuff are insane prices for what look like normal "I work at a gun store" style pants.
>>
File: CondorPC.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CondorPC.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>32346892
>MFW I'm not a poorfag but still shop like a poorfag which keeps me from actually being a poorfag. Pic Related.
>>
>>32352179
I've heard people bitch about the durability of Condor PCs, how hard do you use yours and how's it holding up?
>>
>>32351130
Yes to all. Literally yuppie shit.
>>
>>32352179
I used to be like you, but I learned better.

Buy once, cry once.
>>
>>32348304
>>32348349
it costs so much because it's a Canadian company

now I know you're probably thinking "bruh wtf does this shit have to do with anything" well their most gucci shit is made by syrup niggers and the lower quality (cheaper) stuff is outsourced to third world slums so you're gonna have to pay a little bit more to support Canada's "free" health care via taxes and higher minimum wage thus adding to the sticker price because the company isn't going to eat the lost revenue in the monetary exchange

now as for why the recent shilling idunno I'm gonna blame skeletor because he posted a picture ITT and he's a trust fund baby that I'm salty as fuck about because my life is shit because I work 55hrs a week and live off ramen, eggs, bread and potatoes. basically the bare minimum to keep from getting scurvy with little actual nutritional value that costs under $40 a month
>>
With so many affordable high quality manufacturers out it's hard to justify Arc'teryx stuff. I got no problem spending money when I need too but I don't see what they do that a brand like Mountain Hardware can't and the Mountain Hardware is half the price.

>>32352179
Condor is hit and miss, some of thier stuff is great and some of it is garbage
>>
>>32352120
SOF have been known to wear them. Thats literally the whole appeal, autists playing dressups buy it for "authenticity".
>>
>>32352120
materials and build quality
so depends on which pant or jacket
but the softshell materials they use (burly doubleweave, tweave durastretch) are durable, breathe well, stop wind, and dry fast. much better than a cotton jacket.

as for build quality I've been using one of their jackets for 2 years and have yet to find a loose thread.
>>
>>32352179
>tfw they stitched the shoulder straps to the 3d spacer mesh

what the fuck
>>
File: 3126843-p-4x.jpg (376KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
3126843-p-4x.jpg
376KB, 1920x1440px
>>32350965
I have Bora Mid GTX's that I bought half off. I had to replace the laces and insole because they were shit. Also the boot took months too break in and they're still not that comfortable as most conventional boots.

BUT after get out of a stream about 10 minutes the boots basically retain no water like a normal goretex boot would. They're light as fuck and build quality is really good. If Arcteryx made a LEAF version in black/brown I'd buy the shit out them full price.
>>
>>32351261
cool channel.

I like to get high as shit and watch him explore.
>>
Honestly only their hard shells are worth it. You can buy alternatives that are better/similar for layering. Can't really speak for there gloves or whatever else they have.
>>
>>32348499
Buy a down jacket. If you need durability buy a technical one.
>>
>>32351130
>how do they fare when it rains
About as well as they fare when it's colder than 45*F out--you freeze to death because they're unlined cotton twill.
>>
>>32352295
That still doesn't explain why that jacket's nearly FOUR TIMES the price of a jacket that' also 3-layer goretex, also from a reputable manufacturer, but has 850 fill power eider down and weighs half as much.
>>
>>32352364
Mountain Hardwear stuff is pretty fucking heavy by comparison. The actually-good stuff and not the car-camping line from places like Patagonia and Marmot are almost as expensive.

Columbia, Outdoor Research, Osprey, and prAna all make good kit but you have to wade through 90% of their catalog being tailored to the starbucks-sipping citydweller shit.

SUPPOSEDLY North Face makes a few good products too, but judging by the build quality I see in their starbucks-sipping-citydweller shit I doubt it.
>>
They make nice stuff but you pay a lot for the logo. They've also almost doubled the price of some of their stuff over the last couple years.
>>
>>32353967
North Face summit series I heard is actually better than Arcteryx
>>
>>32346892
what are those gloves
>>
File: 1434465714818.jpg (87KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
1434465714818.jpg
87KB, 640x587px
>>32354174
>I heard
It's gotta be true
>>
File: img_5835-2.jpg (55KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
img_5835-2.jpg
55KB, 800x533px
>>32353930
that's about what i figured

tfw a guy who thinks a mechanic's jump suit is good inclement weather clothing is giving me shit for being a starbucks drinking arc'teryx owning yuppie

tfw he thinks he's a member of the "outdoor public" and not just an autist
>>
File: 1456880339918.png (109KB, 285x305px) Image search: [Google]
1456880339918.png
109KB, 285x305px
>>32350998
>Thread about showing off to poorfags
>Asks why poorfags is salty

Kek
>>
>>32354232
the thing is only like 2 people have "showed off" their ded bird

the rest of this thread (and every other ded bird thread we've had so far) is people who don't understand inclement weather clothing whining about pricing without actually trying to understand it.

all these people from warm and dry climes who think everywhere else in the world is exactly the same need to neck themselves.

people who think their cotton bullshit is "just as good" as softshell material in bad weather need to neck themselves.
>>
>>32351071
Top kek, you sound like those hunters that roll around in their F-350 and don't take more then 100 steps away from it.

>muh hunting community

Only a faggot makes a community out of sitting in heated trucks all day.
>>
so weve established that arc-ter-x is overpriced, what are the top-tier and well priced brands?

particularly, what are good brands for sub-zero weather?
>>
>>32354360
Arcteryx is priced in line with its direct competitors.

How cold is cold to you?
How wet is it?
How windy?
How active are you going to be and for how long are you going to be out?
>>
>>32354397
I'm overly sensative to cold, if I were to visit a place that gets down to 10 degrees I want to wear a jacket that is rated for -20. I also want a jacket that preferably blocks wind and rain and snow and has something like gortex so I dont sweat.
>>
>>32354419
basically I want to be able to visit a place like Alaska or Idaho in winter and not die.
>>
>>32354419
The best waterproof-breathable fabrics still don't breathe great when compared to non-waterproof fabrics.

You're going to want a hardshell jacket that's water/windproof, with a hood; and a liner jacket that's highly breathable but wind resistant. Layering works the best.

I would go with a good storm parka and a down coat, or something like a 3-in-1.

I've had good luck with Patagonia and Marmot as far as warmth and quality without being ungodly expensive. There may be better but unless you are literally a professional ice climber/mountaineer you're already into diminishing returns.

You also have to find the balance between durability and weight. 1000D cordura is amazingly durable, but heavy as shit. 60D taffeta is amazingly light, but fragile as shit.

Good down (700 fill power or higher) weighs less than even the best synthetics for a coat of similar warmth, and breathes extremely well. It's also quite durable. But it doesn't do well when wet. The better synthetics (Primaloft Gold/Platinum) tickle the balls of mediocre down (600-650 fill power) on insulation, don't last as long before they stay compressed, but do pretty well when wet.
>>
>>32354512
ok, that gives me something to go on
>>
>>32354419
Are you talking about running from the car to a restaurant and back while visiting? Are you going for two hour guided walks through parks? Are you wanting to sit outside, stationary for hours to get the shot?

If your kind of a vagina about cold, start going out more when it's cold. Your body will adjust.
>>
>>32354557
>Your body will adjust.
no thanks, Ive lived in Boston in the winter, my body did not adjust to the high-humidy cold whereas I did adjust to the dry cold of northern european winter. Ive been in -20 in eastern washington and that kind of cold is something I dont adjust to. And no I am not a city person, I want to live in a cabin innwoods, not live in a shitty city in Alaska and sip coffee in a starbucks
>>
>>32354360
No brand is really well priced across the board. You can hunt for individual pieces at good prices. I have $500 of stuff from Beyond Clothing I bought for $300 thanks to keeping an eye on sales. But I wouldn't buy anything from them not on sale.

anyways I would advise wearing wool base layers under some kind of wind and water resistant outer layer (softshell), with additional insulating layers underneath and over as needed.
>>
>>32354232
>talking about autismo in a manga screen cap
I got bad news for you bub..
>>
>>32354548
I routinely hunt in -20*F weather, and it's stationary because duckblind.

My clothing, because of the hunting style I do, has to be very abrasion resistant and camouflage. As a result, it tends to be heavy. This isn't the case for everyone.

That being said, I'm gonna lay out what it takes to keep me warm while being stationary for hours on end in -20*F in NW Nebraska:
>base layer
Wicking underwear and short-sleeved undershirt (Under Armor 9" inseam boxerjock and Nike Elite dryfit T-shirt)
>first pair of socks
Smartwool 100% merino wool mid-weight crew length hiking socks
>long underwear
Under Armor Base 4.0 grid-fleece, expedition weight crew-neck top and bottoms
>second pair of socks
Either Smartwool or Wigwam heavyweight hunting socks, above-the-calf
>shirt
Under Armor Coldgear Infrared quarterzip pullover, with thumb loops. I think it's out of their running clothes line. Surprisingly warm for how thin it is and it breathes really well.
>pants
Under Armor Scent Control Stealth Fleece pants (warm, stretchy, doesn't snag shit in my waders)
>vest
Patagonia Nano Puff
>liner jacket
the liner jacket out of my Drake LST wader jacket, which is Primaloft Platinum insulated. Quite warm, still light and thin. I love Primaloft for hunting, it's not quite as good as down but handles water better.
>outerwear
my Drake LST wader jacket and either my Hodgman 5mm neoprene/1600g thinsulate waders or or a set of Columbia bibs with a reflective silver lining I've had so long I can't figure out what line they're from.
>hat
First Lite brimmed merino wool beanie. Best fucking hunting hat made, hands down.
>gloves
Highly situational. I use a set of cabelas-brand 3.5mm neoprene gauntlet gloves while setting decoys cuz of the waterproofing then swap to some Burton Insulators. But I have like a dozen pairs of gloves.

The two most important things to insulate you are your head and hands. You lose a LOT of heat from them.
>>
>>32354752
Now, because I'm a wingshooter I don't like having anything on my face because it interferes with my shooting. If it's really windy I'll wear a neck gaiter but generally I avoid things like facemasks and balaclavas. But they DO work extremely well, and if it's really bitter out I do recommend them for anything other than duck hunting.
>>
File: IMG_2121.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2121.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Nearly every single piece of my clothing is ded bird brb posting more proof
>>
File: IMG_2122.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
There are more but I am too lazy to take out of the closet
>>
File: IMG_20151025_102332497.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151025_102332497.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>32346892
kek, can't even afford a thirty round magazine.

>>32351064
Are these medical shoes for people with weak ankles or cut Achilles tendons?

>>32351215
Why are there cum stains on them?

>>32353787
I'm guessing you enjoy walking in ski boots?

your belt looks like it weighs more than my entire outfit.

>>32354876
Literally what are these colors? Who spends that much money to look like a poor person in the 90's?
>>
>>32354924
>>32354865
The belt insult was for you.
>>
>>32354952

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&category=Belts_and_Harnesses&model=H-150-Riggers-Belt

I doubt your entire outfit is 5 ounces
>>
>>32354924
>being this ignorant and proud of it

have fun with your shit boots
>>
File: IMG_20150905_171125030.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150905_171125030.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>32354960
I suppose not. However I will still turn my nose up at it because you didn't kill anything to make it.

>This is a shitposting thread isn't it?
>>
>>32351130
>also still dying at the guy who thinks being sold at REI automatically makes something bad

A fool and his money...

REI has made a mint on fools, that's certain.
>>
>>32355010
How so?
>>
>>32351130
>>being this worried about the brand image and mental associations surrounding your clothes
>sure buddy, i'm the one who's a yuppie faggot. i don't give a fuck what people think about my jacket, but apparently that's all you think about.

I didn't bring brand image into this, you did. I said when real outdoorsmen see you wearing your plastic jacket they laugh at you since it's the BMW X6 version of an SUV. Oh you look snazzy but don't try to climb a wet grass hill.

Quite honestly, I don't spend any time thinking of lame faggots like you unless it's been brought to my attention. Have fun with your snazzy shit jacket.
>>
File: boots.jpg (658KB, 2430x1368px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
658KB, 2430x1368px
>>32354987
Those "shit boots" have seen more countries than you and have never caused any blisters. Shame you can't see experience when it's right in front of you.
>>
>>32354331
>Top kek, you sound like those hunters that roll around in their F-350 and don't take more then 100 steps away from it.
>>muh hunting community
>Only a faggot makes a community out of sitting in heated trucks all day.

Did someone at starbucks make fun of your jacket today? I hunt with an ATV since there's many acres to cover. You can keep your sierra club jackets since they wouldn't last one day trip in the woods around here.
>>
>>32355042
what does my jacket have to do with climbing wet hills you retard? i've owned cheap shit like you and trust me, this is more functional overall, if not dollar for dollar. if "real outdoorsmen" prefer to freeze to death when it's 15 degrees F and raining hard, then count me out I guess. I like not having hypothermia.

>>32355048
if you think 2 countries is impressive you need to reevaluate your life, m8

and you're not offering any useful experience, you're just talking shit out of complete ignorance

thank 4 cervix anyways
>>
>>32355094
post woods
>>
>>32354397
>Arcteryx is priced in line with its direct competitors.
>How cold is cold to you?
>How wet is it?
>How windy?
>How active are you going to be and for how long are you going to be out?

When did Arcteryx pickup the Hillary CTR shills? Get fucked. No one here wants your shitty clothes.
>>
>>32355109
>tfw the same mechanic's jump suit guy is responsible for all the stupid camocuck shitposting abot UCP as well
>>
>>32355096
>what does my jacket have to do with climbing wet hills you retard? i've owned cheap shit like you and trust me, this is more functional overall, if not dollar for dollar. if "real outdoorsmen" prefer to freeze to death when it's 15 degrees F and raining hard, then count me out I guess. I like not having hypothermia.

Jesus fucking christ you're stupid. Like 8th grade transfer student stupid. Analogy is beyond your grasp and that's really something if you're expecting us to respect your opinion on overpriced shit clothes. Here's what I said:

> I said when real outdoorsmen see you wearing your plastic jacket they laugh at you since it's the BMW X6 version of an SUV. Oh you look snazzy but don't try to climb a wet grass hill.

The BMW X6 is a snazzy car for soccer moms but it's unable to climb a wet grass hill. Much like the clothes you're championing are very nice to look at but perform terribly at the job they were designed for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8-NNEK1kGo

Get fucked you CTR shill faggot.
>>
>>32355106
>post woods

Mostly 2 story evergreens with lots of undergrowth. It's lots of thorns and lots of vines and lots of sap.
>>
>>32355134
What is UCP?
>>
>>32355181
then why do my clothes perform terribly? i'm the one wearing them and i've never had any trouble in inclement weather to include downpours where i couldn't see 10 feet in front of me

i guess you think all outdoor clothes need to be suited for your shit woods and if they're built for anything else they're garbage
>>
>>32355042
>I don't spend anytime thinking about you

>until I see your jacket that proves you're better than me at making money

I bet my car is better than yours too
>>
>>32355232
>i guess you think all outdoor clothes need to be suited for your shit woods and if they're built for anything else they're garbage

Hey guys, buy these cool, expensive, outdoor clothes.

Sorry, they don't perform well outdoors though.
>>
>>32355397
Not every "outdoors" environment is like your woods, dumbass. Have fun wearing your woods clothes where it actually get cold and wet.
>>
>>32355096
quite a few more than two countries.

>and you're not offering any useful experience, you're just talking shit out of complete ignorance

this is shitpost general, what else am I supposed to do here? I live in a fucking desert and even had my A/C on last night. I have ZERO use for cold weather gear. I've already admitted I'm shitposting, and you're STILL taking my sense of humor as a serious conversation about the benefits and cons of over priced nominally superior clothing.

>thank 4 cervix anyways

I will not give up my boi pussy no sir.
>>
File: hei.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
hei.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>32355211
>>
>>32355469
You're anon so i have no idea if you're shitposting or not, some people are just retarded. Like the guy who thinks we should all wear cotton jump suits for outdoors clothing
>>
>>32355048
And here I am with a $90 pair of Merrells thatve seen every state but Alaska and 27 different countries.

No, they're not the best. But they're good enough for the money and have provided the best fit of any boot Ive had since a pair of Vasques back in the late 90s
>>
File: 4chan2.jpg (166KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
4chan2.jpg
166KB, 540x960px
>>32355498
Well you're still right about the retarded, but I try to do it in a fun light hearted way. Being the good sport you've been here is what I generally innadesert in.

have a chuckle at my expense and have a nice day.
>>
>>32355539
at least the shotgun's nice
>>
File: IMG_20140904_084810_312.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140904_084810_312.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32355546
It's really not though...

I bought it for 139 at walmart (blue light special)

I broke two forends and finally replaced with the 500 forend. (not pictured)

Also the choke became stuck since I dropped it in a lake duck hunting so when I finally got the choke out I bent it too much to reinstall. Haven't replaced it because I have a salvo 12 that should be done with the ATF in February.
1200 dollar silencer on a hundred dollar shotgun because why not?

The stock I bought from cabelas for fucking 60 bucks, way over priced but it fits me really well although it's buttpad is held in by fucking wood screws. Definitely not quality but it's stayed together so I guess it didn't need to be.
>>
>>32355439
>Not every "outdoors" environment is like your woods, dumbass. Have fun wearing your woods clothes where it actually get cold and wet.

Premium price outdoor clothes that only work in some of the outdoors. Awesome.

Do you think it doesn't get wet in evergreen woods?
>>
>>32353950
We live inna world od smoke and mirrors...
>>
>>32355633
seeing as i don't have an evergreen forest over here i can't exactly pop in and try it out. i expect they'd do fine as the material is very abrasion resistant and i haven't had any pilling after 2 years of wear under a pack.

as for wet if you really think wearing a cotton jumpsuit over your "normal clothes" is okay, you don't get very wet or you're brain damaged
>>
File: toeshoe.jpg (51KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
toeshoe.jpg
51KB, 600x573px
>>32355537
With boots much more so than shoes it seems like there is no clear best because of how different feet are.

Finding a good fit and sticking with them seems to be the best choice. I've wasted nearly as much money on different boots with good reviews than on Oakley's sunglasses. When wayfarers where the right glasses for me all along.
>>
>>32355657
When did I say cotton jump suit?
>>
>>32351071
Dude you're gay as fuck. Why don't you just stfu?
>>
>>32346892
I might have a job opening up in a place that has highs in the low 40s all winter. I'm moving away from southern California where I was born and raised. I have one dickies work jacket and a snowboarding jacket but I think I'm going to be fucked. What gear should I get?
>>
>>32355822
if you're doing white collar work in an air conditioned building you'll be fine
wait till you get there to see what you need
at the worst you'll wait for like a week for something to arrive in the mail
>>
>>32346892
While holding a poorfag gun.
>>
>>32355822
I'm a fan of fleece and wool.
And windproof shit. Something that blocks the wind is a lot more important that a shitload of insulation, in my experience working outdoors.
>>
>>32355797
>Dude you're gay as fuck. Why don't you just stfu?
Am I interrupting your shillfest? Why don't you go be salty about it on the Arcteryx forums?
>>
>>32355866
>cropping photos from the internet
jesus pol you are loosing your edge
>>
>>32355875
>Am I interrupting your shillfest? Why don't you go be salty about it on the Arcteryx forums?

Whoa tiger, this is shitpost general.

>>32355866
Ballin'

Let's hear some life advice. Is metallurgy a solid career plan?
>>
>>32355875
No, I don't own any ded berd. You just sound like a salty faggit. Seriously, if you can't afford it, don't cry about it. If you haven't used it, don't diss it.

I know your single mom household didn't afford you the moral character you should have as an adult, so I'm teaching that to you now.
>>
>>32346892
nigga, you cant afford a 30 round pmag and you callin other niggas poor. btw i love arcteryx!! as innovative as it gets.
>>
>>32355898
>I know your single mom household didn't afford you the moral character you should have as an adult, so I'm teaching that to you now.

>Mom! They're making fun of my favorite clothes again!

Stand behind your beliefs or don't fucking post.
>>
>>32355956
Stable financially? How exactly does one become financially stable with a job? Doing the basic thing for me where I live would be working 50-60 hours a week for roughly 15 an hour out in the sun while going home to beat my girlfriend and get drunk to forget about how miserable my life is. To start a business I need capital, to get capital I need a career or to rob a dozen or so banks.

How about some stories rather than advice that doesn't pan out?
>>
>>32355949
Before that, make sure you're not a dumb fuck.

Clearly you skipped that step.
>>
>>32356034
This is some R9K tier defeatism
>>
>>32356034
>waah waah waah, I need to earn my way
fuck off
>>
File: guts.jpg (132KB, 1298x586px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
132KB, 1298x586px
>>32356042
Oh hosh posh. I'm not content with the life I've lived. I want more, and I'm looking for ways to realize those dreams. You however, are looking down on me for not being content with the shit you accept as your life.
>>
>>32356034

>Stable financially? How exactly does one become financially stable with a job? Doing the basic thing for me where I live would be working 50-60 hours a week for roughly 15 an hour out in the sun while going home to beat my girlfriend and get drunk to forget about how miserable my life is. To start a business I need capital, to get capital I need a career or to rob a dozen or so banks.

College (with real major) / military and maybe be fucked for 5 years if you graduate during another recession. That should get you $50,000 - $100,000 (Outside of medical, where people gross $450,000).

Once you have that, you try shit and hope an idea pans out. If you make your first 200k or so, you can afford not to work for several years and try more things.

Obviously expect to have no life.

I do agree that it's very difficult to make it while working a basic bitch job. What Jack London did was work uber shitty jobs for a year and then work on his business for a year. Modern shitty jobs that pay are things like pipeline welding in the north. Oil rig jobs supposedly. Also, there were some shit corporate tower-security jobs in the ME that are shit, but you could probably do other things during the shift. Things like that.

>>32356042
>>32356066

Let's be honest though, most wealthy people do have it handed it to them.
>>
>>32356103
Thanks bud. I did do the whole contract thing for a few years and managed to scrounge up a couple hundred thousand however I fucked my hormones all up for a few years because I did a LOT of steroids. So I spent a few years post that just absolutely lethargic and getting drunk.

I suppose I'll finish school and see what I can do to get back into that field and not make the same mistakes.
>>
>>32356036
>Before that, make sure you're not a dumb fuck.
>Clearly you skipped that step.

>Hey guys, buy this $400 outdoor jacket that's not good outdoors.

Way to fucking demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect, shit for brains.
>>
File: Outdoor Research Pub Cap.jpg (111KB, 900x647px) Image search: [Google]
Outdoor Research Pub Cap.jpg
111KB, 900x647px
>>32350924
>outdoor research
>Yeah pretty much. I stand by the statement for your list minus CamelBack and whatever specific model Patagonia the SOF guys wanted.

Can't speak for the other products, but I've got two Outdoor Research hats and I think they're great products; their Swift Cap baseball cap with mesh and nylon that's perfect for summer wear and their wool Pub Cap with fold-out ear flaps, that I was just wearing while snowblowing and will wear again to bar tomorrow for the football game.
>>
>>32356150
i have 2 pairs of OR gloves and they're pretty good

they were supposed to be like $150 but i paid like $20 per pair on ebay, probably from some SF guy who wanted beer money
>>
>>32356136
>tfw it's not a $400 jacket
>tfw it's good outdoors
>tfw you've never even owned one but continually insist it's shit
>>
File: Shitabootoo.jpg (104KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Shitabootoo.jpg
104KB, 1155x1155px
>>32353967
>Columbia, Outdoor Research, Osprey, and prAna all make good kit

I bought a pair of Columbia “Bugabootoo” boots 10 years or so back strictly for snowblowing/shoveling (so they barely get any use) and the leather uppers separated from the rubber lowers in only _two seasons_, with the stitching breaking the stuffing coming out, simply from kicking the door stoop to knock the snow out of the treads before coming into the house…

I won’t buy any Columbia products.
>>
>>32354752
>>second pair of socks
>Either Smartwool or Wigwam heavyweight hunting socks, above-the-calf

I can confirm Wigwam socks are the shit.

I've got several pairs of Wigwam Ultimax Pro Dri-Release Tencel midweight socks and they’re my all-day-every-day-all-year-long socks (except for summer, of course).

For really cold weather such as ice fishing, I wear them under a pair of Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather wool socks.
>>
File: Merrell Thermo-6.jpg (161KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Merrell Thermo-6.jpg
161KB, 900x900px
>>32355537
>And here I am with a $90 pair of Merrells thatve seen every state but Alaska and 27 different countries.

I've got a pair of Merrell Thermo-6 boots I bought _9 years ago_ as winter work boots (machinist here) and they're still in fantastic shape.

They can get a bit warm in the spring (as they're rubberized) but they've held up great sloshing thru salty slush and stomping around a shop for all those years.
>>
>>32356221
Columbia makes acceptable shirts in their 'PFG' line. Almost everything else is complete shit.

Well I did have a Columbia wallet that went through... Well over half my life that died recently
>>
>>32356344
nah man, haven't you heard? they sell those at REI so your boots must be shit
>>
>>32354752
thanks for listing this
I am more concerned about the jacket and out pants than anything, being caught in freezing rain can kill you if you dont have protection from it

Also wool is a bitch to wash. Rather than do the layer thing Id rather have just one big jacket and pants combo, that way I dont spend 5 minutes stripping down when I go in and out of doors.
>>
>>32352295
LMAO. Skeletor isn't a trust fund kid. He works on the railroads here in Canada making decent lower middle class money (sub 50k / year) and just spends literally every waking moment saving for his next meme purchase.
Imagine how much money you could save if you never ever went it or had fun.
>>
>>32346892
where do i find this gloves
plz i couldnt find them
>>
>>32356389
You don't have to wash wool as often as you have to wash synthetics, so that's a non-issue in my opinion.

The layers are important so you can regulate your temperature instead of having to choose between binary options of too hot or too cold. If you want you can use a lined jacket, which cuts out one layer and doesn't give up too much flexibility.
>>
>>32356463
i think they've been discontinued
>>
File: make-your-own-animal-mask.jpg (110KB, 790x1047px) Image search: [Google]
make-your-own-animal-mask.jpg
110KB, 790x1047px
>>32356389
>Advocating against layers
Uhh, yeah, no
>>
File: CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_1.jpg (82KB, 576x535px) Image search: [Google]
CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_1.jpg
82KB, 576x535px
>>32356377
>nah man, haven't you heard? they sell those at REI so your boots must be shit

Well, I got mine on sale at Dunham's and I think they were only $40 at the time. Probably the most cost effective purchase I've ever made.

I’ve also still got my old Chippewa U.S. Army Mountain Ski boots that my mom bought me back in 1979 when I was in Boy Scouts as winter boots. Used to wear them with two pairs of wool socks on winter campouts but nowadays, I can only wear them with a single pair of regular socks.

Of course I don’t actually wear them anymore, as they weigh 9,000lbs but they’re built hell-for-stout and because my dad made me rub them down with mink oil every year, the leather is really supple and they’re still in great shape.
>>
File: CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_2.jpg (75KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_2.jpg
75KB, 576x432px
>>32356526
> "good for stomping FAGS!"
>>
>>32356526
it was a joke

but yeah i buy all my outdoors stuff on sale, that stuff goes on sale often enough that it's pretty much unnecessary to pay list price for anything
>>
>>32356514
depends on the area, if you live in Alaska and its 30 below every day in winter I think that layers are really stupid
>>
File: Cabelas Grand Teton Parka.jpg (49KB, 420x350px) Image search: [Google]
Cabelas Grand Teton Parka.jpg
49KB, 420x350px
>>32356538
>but yeah i buy all my outdoors stuff on sale, that stuff goes on sale often enough that it's pretty much unnecessary to pay list price for anything

Indeed, and I'd suggest keeping an eye on Cabela's website, as last year I picked up their Grand Teton Goretex shell parka for $70 (regularly $200!) and the matching zip-in Primaloft Silver insulating liner for $40 (regular $100).
>>
>>32356533
falling down?
>>
>>32356588
i would say they're still useful if you change activity levels often so you can just take off 1 layer at a time when you're active.
>>
File: ARMY No1 Greatcoat.jpg (109KB, 574x800px) Image search: [Google]
ARMY No1 Greatcoat.jpg
109KB, 574x800px
>>32346892
>In this thread we show off our oldschool to the newfags
>>
File: 1479604922202.jpg (283KB, 1000x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1479604922202.jpg
283KB, 1000x1540px
>>32356759

(Forgot my text) I think a wool great coat would be the best choice for a bug-out bag, as a sleeping bag is less useful and highly restrictive when used.

With a great coat, your still plenty warm but can quickly grab your PPSh and escape from any post-apcolipitic bandits.
>>
>>32356483
thank you

so sad
>>
>>32346892
Never understood the appeal. I do a lot of winter and outdoors activity, always found Merrell, da kine, etc to be comparable to arcteryx.

I'll never buy it for myself, mainly because I'd rather have the money than the bragging rights of having bought the most expensive item.
>>
File: IMG_6229.jpg (234KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6229.jpg
234KB, 750x1334px
I have the following items from dead bird:

Squamish jacket (windshell)
Delta lt (fleece jacket)
Atom lt (synthetic insulating active wear jacket)
R-320 harness
C80 chalk bag

Needless to say, I'm a climber. All of my dead bird gear has served me exceptionally in the mountains and out.

Definitely worth it if you're looking for a highly efficient and lightweight piece of gear. I've gotten all of my dead bird gear for at least 30% off, you just got to look.

If you got the cash, do it!

Their customer service is great! I've sent in all my jackets in to get them patched up and fixed after many harsh climbing seasons with no hassle.

Been recently looking at the maka 1 to add to my quiver for my edc stuff and the cierzo 28 for a dedicated summit pack.

Yeah, I'm shilling for arcteryx because I'm a truly satisfied customer and will continue to trust arcteryx with my life while I'm in the mountains.
>>
>>32356136

>>32355797 was my first post in this thread you dumb fuck. You're so fucking gay, I had to say something.
>>
File: I can stop whenever I want.jpg (636KB, 1537x2049px) Image search: [Google]
I can stop whenever I want.jpg
636KB, 1537x2049px
what is with all these threads on /k/ and /out/ lately? is it a poor viral marketing campaign??

>this is from my front hall, posted before in a cyber dick-measuring thread
>>
>>32357725
you think the average k/unt has enough disposable income to warrant a marketing campaign from ded berd?
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.