[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sbr and cops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161210_151904933.jpg (4MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161210_151904933.jpg
4MB, 5248x2952px
So im in new Mexico moving states, and I get pulled over. One things leads to another and the cops are searching my U-Haul trailer. They find my illegal SBR and the cop looks at me and says "mighty short barrel on this thing. And I say "yeah I guess" and try to play stupid. He says "legal minimum length is 18 inches and that's federal law.

But dude. He gave me a written warning for speeding and told me "to make sure I got my permits straitened out on that .22"

Dude he pulled that fucker out of the case and I knew I was going to prison. Wtf. I feel like I got punked.
>>
>>32346738
You done fucked up OP.

Trained dog snipers have already been dispatched and are heading to your location. It's too late to run now.
>>
>>32346738
>They find my illegal SBR
well, you're fucked

>legal minimum length is 18 inches
it's actually 16
>He gave me a written warning for speeding and told me "to make sure I got my permits straitened out on that .22"
go buy a lotto ticket
>>
>>32346738
If this actually happened you were lucky as fuck he didn't feel like doing paperwork or dealing with the feds.

Did you happen to be traveling with your dog?
>>
>Carrying an illegal SBR across state lines
You're retarded. I wish you did end up in prison.
>>
>>32346738
Probably because most cops don't give a fuck as long as you're not being retarded/committing a crime with it. By the way, admitting to owning an illegal NFA item on a Mongolian carpet scratching forum is retarded.
>>
>>32346779
this
plus, arresting you for a federal firearms offense while not being an ATF agent is a lot of paperwork for little reward
>>
>>32346779
I'm on public wifi and I haven't yet reached the state I'm going to. I should be OK, I just had to tell you guys that. You have no clue how fucking lucky I feel.
>>
Destroy it, you dumb fuck. It's not worth prison time.
>>
>>32346773

>it's actually 16

He was probably trying to see if OP would be a dumbshit and correct him.

If you're going to do some idiotic shit like keep your illegal SBR assembled in public while rule of law still exists, at least pretend to be as stupid as you actually are.
>>
>OP has more hacksaws than brain cells
>combines them into illegal weapon
>transports across state lines
>either is dumb enough to give cops permission to search his things, or does something dumb enough to give them probable cause
>manages to narrowly avoid 10 years in club fed
>>>>posts about it on a cuban cigar rolling discussion forum
DELET THIS
>>
>>32346738
>letting cops search your car and trailer

you deserve whatever you get
>>
>>32346738
You fuck, I let you go because I thought you just didn't know any better. Turning you over to the ATF now, you little shit.
>>
File: laughting eagles.png (691KB, 742x756px) Image search: [Google]
laughting eagles.png
691KB, 742x756px
>>32347781
>>
>>32347827
The dragon dildoes you found in his trailer surely would have given it away.
>>
File: you know what to get, titus.png (444KB, 933x360px) Image search: [Google]
you know what to get, titus.png
444KB, 933x360px
The only retard with more luck than you is Forest Gump.

But that right there might have used it all up so don't push it.
>>
>>32347703
fucking this.

>be me
>be in OP situation
>oh i sorry ofuser
>ill make good sure ta put a 20in barrool on et soon as im home
>jus a country boi
>never meanin no harm
>always trublz wit the lahw....

>go home
>buy lotto tickets
>take fucking stock off my illegal ass shit because a higher power fucking blessed you on this day

wait why the fuck did he look in your uhaul? did he have a warrant? and why wasnt your illegal dogo death enabilizer hidden as fuck?
>>
Just dont travel with a stock on the gun next time
>>
>>32348067
>Just dont travel with a stock on the gun next time
This. All you've gotta do is slip the stock off and it's just a pistol.
>>
>>32347703
>He was probably trying to see if OP would be a dumbshit and correct him.

This. He was probably a cool guy that disagrees with the NFA and was willing to let you go because he thought you didn't know what you did was illegal.

Basically OP, you being a dumbshit saved you from getting fucked for being a dumbshit. Look up the laws BEFORE you move.
>>
>>32348074
no, if it still has a buffer tube on it then it's still a rifle.
>>
>>32346738
that was the bro'est cop ever. people who don't let the atf know they are traveling with their LEGAL sbrs get weapon of mass destruction charges. seriously.
>>
>>32348516
retard
>>
>>32347926
>dragon dildoes
Would have taken a cavity search to find those.
>>
>>32346738
Maybe you'll learn to buy a fucking shockwave tech KAK blade now?
>>
>>32348074
has to have the pistol buffer tube on it afaik.

i could be wrong, the ATF doesn't always care about modularity because it would essentially ban everything.
>>
>New Mexico

I'm surprised a drunk driver didn't kill you first. Where'd you get busted at?
>>
>>32348516
but nah though
>>
>>32349041
top kek.
>>
>>32346779
>Cops don't give a fuck
Bullshit. They LOVE busting dumbshits especially with illegal guns in a border state. That would have automatically got him out of any upcoming holiday duty.

OP, your story is fake and bullshit.
>>
The only law enforcement agent who is legally allowed to even ask to see your NFA paperwork is a BATFE agent.
>>
>>32347781
>implying you can just take a hacksaw to an AR to make an SBR
>>
>>32346738
Get a pistol stock for it you dumbfuck. Your extremely lucky you found a pro-gun cop.

Like other posters said, it's not worth prison time.

>>32350519
Not in the West.

Colorado cops are the same way.
>>
File: 1444191095683.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444191095683.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>32349041
>>
I've been pulled over doing 104 in a 70 with multiple firearms and a 3/4 ounce of weed in my car before. He could have impounded my car or written me a $400 ticket that required a mandatory court appearance ina county 5 hours from where I lived, but he just wrote me a $65 citation because my window tint was too dark but let me go with a warning on the speeding charge.

Such are the benefits of being white, respectful, and having a "Marine Infantry" bumper sticker.
>>
>>32351126
to be fair the wagon burners are only a thereat in the west of the state, around Gallup especially.
in the east and north, it's methheads you watch out for. The dangerous ones have already sold their cars for more meth money, so it's a non-issue.
>>
>>32346738
Like I give a shit about BS federal laws that are nearly 100 years old. I'd only charge you for something like that if you were of the criminal element and I knew it was used/was going to be used in a crime. If you're just an average Joe I could care less if you want to ruin your guns.

I'm surprised an NM cop let you off though, they're known to be some of the most Constitution violating scumbags in the country. Here in free states we operate based on reason. I don't even give a shit if you have weed on you if I feel you'll use it responsibly (ie not fucking driving under the influence), but if you're a known gang member if you so much as have a sugar packet on you I'm charging it as an illegal substance until the lab can test it. You got off because you weren't a shithead, gg.
>>
>>32351180
>I'd only charge you for something like that if you were of the criminal element
aka if you're black
t b h
>>
>>32347703
this. he set you up for a trap and you were retarded enough to avoid it
>>
>>32350519
>all cops are exactly the same
no. I mean, be skeptical of ALL cops and expect the worst, but there are definitely plenty of them that will ignore pointless federal laws that aren't important to them
>>
>>32351219
If you're black and talk/dress/act like a gang member I'm going to think you're a shithead just as much as if you're white and talk/dress/act like a gang member. Impartiality is important, but not being impartial for the sake of being impartial, but rather because it's logical. Why would I not take a bad person off the streetsif I had the opportunity to? Because he's white and white people are my favsies? Doesn't make much of a difference.
>>
File: 500full.jpg (8KB, 324x298px) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
8KB, 324x298px
>>32346832
>Public wifi
How new are you? Get ready for federal pound me in the ass prison
>>
>>32350836
>you can just take a hacksaw to an AR to make an SBR
yes, it' s entirely possible, but neither easy or practice and it will leave the accuracy of the barrel in question until the crown is recut
>>
>>32351148
Yeah. Those meth heads in the north go right into the southern portion of my state.

Trust me I know New Mexico well.
>>
>>32346738

>cops are searching my U-Haul trailer
you know how i know you are a college age bootlicking cuck?
>>
>>32346738
specs on those lock picks and see through lock? who makes that?
>>
>>32351238
What was the trap though? Getting him to admit that it's actually less than 16 inches?
>>
>>32346738
16" for rifles, 18" for shotguns. Your lucky he gave you a warning, however, how did you behaved that lead him to search your trailer? Next time, keep that shit dissambled and in a box deep inside.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.