[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOLY SHIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1481919234268.jpg (26KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481919234268.jpg
26KB, 480x474px
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>32346028
Dumb. Make the bullet half that long and make the case longer.
>>
>>32346325
t.moron who doesn't understand ballistics
>>
>>32346028
That looks like someone painted a bottle of 5 hour energy shot to look like brass.
>>
>>32346339
I'll admit that I don't. Explain why a lighter projectile and more powder wouldn't be a good thing.
>>
>>32346028
How long until these start "mysteriously" showing up in moderate Jihadi videos?
>>
>>32346380
>1,690gr bullet not heavy enough
>what is ballistic coeefficient
>why am i so retarded
>>
>>32346339
says the guy who buys all his gear with an EBT card
>>
>>32346400
That's not explaining much
>>
>>32346402
You can't buy gear with EBT
>>
BANG YOU ARE DIE FROM BULLET
>>
>>32346028
>you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
>>
>>32346380

Heavier bullets have an inheritly higher resistance to deviation. They also have a higher ballistic coefficient, which improves their performance down range. With a long, heavy bullet, you get something that maintains supersonic velocity out to a longer distance than a comparably lighter or shorter projectile of the equivalent caliber; so long as they aren't at complete desparity in velocity.

Speed doesn't always mean it has a flatter trajectory.

That's a very layman's explanation. I'm sure another /k/ommando will have a larger post on it but I don't really want to make one.
>>
>>32346406
Not him, but a heavier bullet is harder to slow down because of its inertia. Imagine throwing a crumpled up ball of paper, and a rock of the same size. The rock will fly further because it is heavier and doesnt lose speed as fast as the paper ball.
>>
>>32346423
nice
>>
>>32346406
Longer, more streamlined bullets retain their velocity better. This is called ballistic coefficient.

The easiest way to make a bullet longer and more streamlined is to make it heavier.

Due to external constraints such as max pressue a gun can handle and how much recoil the shooter can handle, theres upper limits to how much powder you can put behind a bullet of any given weight. you can influence velocity somewhat with the same amount of powder by playing with case geometry, and short/fat cases tend to be the most efficient.

Within a caliber, a heavier bullet moving slower will almost always stay supersonic further than a lighter bullet moving faster, provided the bullets are of similar style.
>>
>>32346435
>>32346452
>>32346486
Makes sense, I guess. Thanks
>>
>>32346028
PTRD 2.0
>>
>>32346028
>try to find out more about it
>google
>first result
>>
>>32346028
I'd love to try shoving that up my ass
>>
>left hand bolt
>>
>>32346551
the bullet or the rifle??!1
>>
>>32347382
>the bullet or the rifle??!1
yes
>>
>>32346028
why are these gun people always such fucking fatasses?

fat people should be shot.
>>
>>32346028
manlets, will they ever learn?
>>
>>32346028
Is this a cartridge made to break a record? or is it actually being proposed for something
>>
>>32346499
>california compliant AR
>>
>>32347542
>American flag
>California compliant
>>
>>32347554
New York then?
>>
>>32346499

I have one of these. Pretty good gat, but the trigger's a bit squishy and there's almost no aftermarket for it.
>>
>>32347599
>sling not detachable
>shitty ergonomics
>sights drift all the time
>ammo is hard as fuck to find
might as well be shooting a plastic toy
>>
>>32347484
parent case is 20mmx103 sized and necked down to 14.5mm. there are a few yt vids of it being test fired in a fixture.

guy was trying to develop a rifle to get reliable first round hits at 3500m+. he posted about it a few times on old snipershide com. dont know how far the project got or if it was even successful. but, it seems to have run out of steam, or probably money to continue. ELR isnt cheap by any means. still a pretty cool project.
>>
>>32346411
you would know
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.