[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1479175773660.png (327KB, 447x458px) Image search: [Google]
1479175773660.png
327KB, 447x458px
how so I get into guns? Should I just get my CC at the next gun show and take it from there? Is there like a guide to know what to look for when purchasing your first gun? In Florida BTW
>>
Go to a shop. Find a few makes/models that fit your hand real comfy. Go to a range and rent said makes/models so you can try them. Choose what's best for you. Don't forget to pay attention to ammo cost cause it adds up if you shoot regularly.
>>
>>32343945

More like SUBlix am I right
>>
>>32343945
Just buy a glock
>>
>>32343945
What kind of gun do you want?

The only thing I suggest is that you not get some huge fucking hand cannon as your first gun.
>>
Dont wait to get you concealed carry to buy a gun.
This is a common mistake among new gun owners.
Get a gun and practice with it while youre waiting for the state to process your license.
This way, you can be confident in your gun and skills the day you get your permit.
It will take 6-12 weeks in FL.
>>
>>32343945
>Should I just get my CC at the next gun show

Lol, that's not how it works
>>
>>32343945

Here's what you do, you walk into a gun store, you point at the gun you want, you give the man money, if you're not criminal scum the empire will allow you to own it.
>>
>>32344001
How does it work then?
>>32343998
I will take this into consideration. I plan to go to a store within the next month or so once I recover from the Xmas shopping.
>>
>>32344040
You apply through your sheriff's office. You have to do an interview with them and they have to do an extensive background check and take your fingerprints. You also need to prove you've had adequate training with your firearm which generally means also giving them a certificate from a NRA instructor saying you've completed a course and are competent with the firearm you are intending to carry.

After you do all that it will take awhile for a yes or no. Took me 6 months for a yes.
>>
>>32344040
Google ccl classes in your area. Make sure you check for hidden fees. Some guys will have a $5 class but a $50 paperwork processing fee.
>>
>>32344059
Where the fuck do you live? It was way easier than that for me.
>>
>>32344059
>>32344095
Gotcha so I should
1. Take a class
2. Get a strap
3. Go to Sherrifs office ,in my case BSO and apply with them
4. Wait
?
>>
>>32344059
t. resident of a fascist state
>>
>>32343998
>6-12 weeks in FL.
Took 4 months after submitting all the paperwork here in Texas
>>
>>32343981
For sure will do

>>32343997
Not a hand cannon that's for sure. Something I can carry on me. I would like to get rifles and such because I want to learn how to hunt and make the out doors my hobby in general but I would have to wait until I moved out because of my liberal mom
>>
>>32343981
This. And don't act like you already know everything about guns. Ask a lot of questions to the sales person, be honest that you're new to guns. This will prevent you from looking like a retard. Ask before you dryfire anything when browsing.
>>
>>32344138
I don't know absolutely anything about guns and that will be the first thing I tell them.
>>
>>32343981
This also know your target and what is beyond it.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch unless you are aiming and ready to fire.

Do not "sweep" people with your weapon loaded or unloaded including yourself.
>>
>>32344143
Good man. That's what I did and the retail people were super cool and walked me through everything. If you get treated poorly for being a newbie, take your business elsewhere.

Don't be afraid of the cc application process, either. I have some blemishes on my record (misdemeanor assault) and the sheriff still issued mine in a blue state. I was super nervous during the waiting period. Felt bad to worry so hard for no reason.
>>
>I know nothing about guns should I go buy one to carry everywhere with me?

Retards like OP are why I support needing a license to carry, sorry guys
>>
File: HenryAR7SurvivalRifle.jpg (7KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
HenryAR7SurvivalRifle.jpg
7KB, 207x243px
No freedom Californian here.
How do I into guns here?
I assume our no fun zone requires us to have some licenses to have guns?
>>
>>32344125
To be fair Floridians don't have to worry about magazine capacity and non-CCW holding residents only have to wait 3 days for their handguns
>>
>>32343945
Here mate, I'll lay out exactly what I would do.
>Get a used Glock 19 or similar sub-$500 9mm mid- or full-sized handgun.
>Shoot it enough that you know your controls. (Why I suggest Glock) Look up a video on form from YouTube. Get the very basics yourself.
>Get yourself into an into to defensive handgun/CCW class that will teach you fundamentals+. You may also want to get an aliengear holster prior to the class, depending.
>Get your CC Liscence.
>Carry
>Continue to practice the fundamentals on your own, live-fire at least once every two weeks. Dry-fire often.
>Take advanced courses when you get a solid foundation and can afford the course. At this point get at least one extra mag and a concealable carrier for it/them. Blue Force Gear 10-speed belt pouch is what I use.
>>
>>32344378
You can get a good bolt action. You have some bullshit 10-day waiting period and you'll get charged extra because CA abuses its firearms vendors, but sooner or later, everyone wants a good bolt-action setup, so start there. When Trump fixes CA's gun shit, or when you move to a freedom-friendly state, you can do better.
>>
>>32344349
Fuck off. I knew literally zer0 about guns when I statted too, then my brother and his friend finally convinced me to go to the range with them.

It was a magi/k/al thing.

Don't listen to this faggot OP.
>>
>>32344415
>>Get a used Glock 19
Post discarded
>>
>>32344118
What state u live in? A few like Arizona have completely unrestricted carry, no licence or permit required, just a gun
>>
>>32344125
Sort of, Oregon. The 6 month wait was mostly because they were so booked up and busy processing.

Pro: Took the ccl class online, basically "watch 15 minutes of video and answer these multiple choice questions" then printed out my certificate and done
>>
>>32344349
Retards like you are why I support a test and license to vote.
>>
>>32344349
OP is asking because he wants to know more about them retard. Do you even lurk?
>>
File: 2ndAmmendment.jpg (126KB, 2756x153px) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmmendment.jpg
126KB, 2756x153px
>>32344429
>10 days to have guns?
>TFW my rights are being infringed
>>
>>32344442
Florida in Broward County
>>
>>32344455
then why are you telling people in different states, with different laws what the requirements are?
>>
I moved from Florida and miss Publix.
>>
>>32346428
Publix GRS here. We're moving up to the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Virginia. Then who knows. And good job leaving Florida. It's a shithole.
>>
>>32346991
Florida is comfy fuck you
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.