[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Estwing camp axe just gave out (handle separated from head,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1004.jpg (31KB, 840x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.jpg
31KB, 840x596px
My Estwing camp axe just gave out (handle separated from head, head covered in rust, chipped blade) and I was wondering if there were any good axes for under $100 to replace it.
>>
>>32343657
how exactly does that happen with a one piece design?

also, havent you ever heard of oil? tgats what you put on axes and hatches and tools to prevent rust
>>
>>32343681

I was using this axe as a beater that stays outside. The rubber handle started to separate from the steel.
>>
>>32343708
What's stopping you from duct taping the handle and just continue using it?
>>
>>32343657

>handle seperated from head
>rubber grip just slid off

Just duct tape that bitch up like anon said and scrub out the rust with steel wool and CLP. Dont throw away a perfectly good hatchet over minor cosmetic issues
>>
>>32343657
husqvarna axes are really good for the $
>>
>>32343788
Autism
>>
File: gforbru.jpg (184KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
gforbru.jpg
184KB, 1600x1068px
>>32343828
This. Or if you got the cash...
>>
>>32343788
>>32343824
I also just want a higher quality axe
>>
>>32343657
Naval jelly it to a matte finish and give it a tennis tape grip

Or spend $30 on a new estwing, since you aren't finding a better axe at the same price point.
>>
>>32343838
^This!^ You cannot go wrong with those things. And if you manage to break the haft, it isn't hard to make a new one. The heads are forged and keep a keen edge nicely.
>>
>>32343842
should learn how to take care of your tools first then eh.

>covered in rust
>chipped blade

doesn't sound like you deserve a 100 dollar axe.
>>
>>32343842
>leaves a perfectly good axe outside
>manages to render a nigh-indestructible axe marginally useless
>wants a nicer axe

Tell your parents that /k/ told them you don't deserve another axe for christmas, kid.
>>
>>32343657
How do you break a solid piece of steel?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.