[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got Food Preps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mk_corned_beef_hash_hero.jpg (47KB, 195x315px) Image search: [Google]
mk_corned_beef_hash_hero.jpg
47KB, 195x315px
Hey /k/ I know this is a board for laotian basket weaving forum, but y'all seem like you're the types to prepare. Be it, martial law, government take over, emp, or a hike in wicker prices. What food do you have saved for the end times?
>>
>>32342946
You just posted the king of survival food, op. That can right there's got all your major food groups. It's got your corned, it's got your beef, it's got your hashed.
>>
>>32342946
Did you copy, word for word, the last food thread?
Same OP pic and everything
>>
>>32342946
I have a couple of cans of that shit. Greasy af. But as for your question, I stockpile rice and beans. Then I vacuseal them and put them in containers with a bunch of dehumidifier packets and store them in one of my sheds. I would also have a raincatcher with a homemade filter so you can collect rain water, purify it, and drink it.
>>
>>32342967
The pic is from google it's the first image of a can,
>>
>>32342946
>>32342974
>>32342965
I actually like the taste of that shit. It's greasy but satisfying.
>>
>>32343002
I don't hate it. The PX had it on sale for $1 per can so I bought like 10 of them a while ago.
>>
File: ibc.jpg (271KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
ibc.jpg
271KB, 667x500px
>>32342974
/thread

Pic related for storing a large quantity of water on a pallet in your garage in case of long-term outage or buried cisterns for off-grid living or apocalypse prepping.

Dry beans and rice in vacuumed mason jars are ideal. Grow your own food if you have land. Keep a walk-in pantry of canned food and consume/replace it over the course of a year so you have a year's worth of rations.

MREs in a deep freezer are not a terrible idea, but they're fucking EXPENSIVE for what you get. Avoid the meme.
>>
>>32343008
MREs are less of a long term survival food and more of a thing for soldiers. Meals that contain a shit ton of calories for that you intend to burn off through strenuous activities. Last year when the hurricane hit, Ft. Jacksons DFACs were unable to use their water because of sewage system problem so we had to live of MREs for a month. Lots of people gaining weight because they ate an entire MRE and sat at a desk all day.
>>
File: 1406605076688.jpg (518KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406605076688.jpg
518KB, 1920x1080px
>>32342974
>I would also have a raincatcher with a homemade filter so you can collect rain water, purify it, and drink it.
What if the atmosphere is contaminated with fallout?
>>
>>32343027
Well then stockpile vodka to reduce the levels of radiation in your body.
>>
>>32343019
long term survival doesn't usually entail sitting behind a desk though
>>
>>32343040
Depends on the situation I guess.
>>
>>32343008
I have canned seltzer.
>>
>>32343019
Dang, where you at. C/3-34 was my training unit. Going through half of basic with only MREs sounds shitty. Drills musta been pissed.

>>32343046
I have canned laughs.
>>
>>32343063
>Drills musta been pissed.
A lot of them were actually kind of worried because there was a point where they were all running low on MREs. I'm in Korea now at Camp Humphreys.
>>
>>32343044
sure but even in your situation limiting your caloric intake or just PTing more will easily offset the calorie bomb of MRE's.

Eating 2 main entrees a day minus pretty much everything else and only water is more than enough for when you aren't doing anything more than sitting and waiting. from experience during superphoons on okinawa anyway
>>
>>32342946
Neighbors. Heard they taste just like chicken.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.