[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the egyptian military industry ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: D.jpg (284KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
D.jpg
284KB, 1024x768px
Is it capable ? and if Egypt falls will it be 1000x more dangerous than the present situation in the middle east ?
Caption : Fahd APC from egyptian m.industry
>>
Is Egypt in a position of being credibly threatened with collapse? I didn't think it was nearly that bad there.
>>
Well, i read that there is some serious politics destabilisation inside the country in the country even with the military in power...Beside that ISIS is calling it "Next"
>>
>>32342410
Egypt has had quite a number of armed insurrection movements/coups over the last several decades, explains in part why they spend so much buying neat toys for their military.
>>
>>32342396
didn't Egypt collapse/become a 1984 police state a few years ago? I remember reading about the Arab spring a few years ago and they were the first 'big' country to topple their ruling class, but the news stopped covering it after they started their military-run elections
>>
>>32342425
Those filthy sand apes are getting annihilated right now, they won't do shit in Egypt.

Egypt is the most capable arab military, but that's like winning gold at the Special Olympics. Being at the top of the third world is all about perspective.
>>
>>32342440
But what if one of those insurrection movements turns into chaos. I'm afraid that all those equipments start another level of worldwide war fear.
>>
>>32342396
Too big for their own good and too big to fail. The military spends too much public money (not to mention the corruption within the military).

They also controls civilian economy, from food processing and packaging to construction. They used all dirty tricks (from using conscript with cheaper wage and government-owned assets to artificially lower the cost of their products/services to downright extortion to win tenders), undercutting legit private, civilian companies. Hell with a fucking ex general as prez, the military would reap all the benefit while the majority of population went to shit

The same thing can be seen in other shitholes like indonesia, ethiopia, myanmar and pakistan, where military-owned companies literally controls the economy of the country If the military fall, the entire economy associated with them will also fall
>>
>>32342460
I'd give the title to Jordan. Jordanian military is actually more pragmatic and better equipped relative to their limited resource and unlike egypt, jordanian military stays professional and refrained from taking parts in economy or politics
>>
File: f-35-night-aar.jpg (317KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
f-35-night-aar.jpg
317KB, 1024x683px
>>32342396
Aren't these stuff too old?

Right now, even Romania is making armored cars n stuff.

>>32342460
>Egypt is the most capable arab military
Nah mate, it has been proven that arabic militaristic states have the biggest but worst armies, and so full of propaganda that this shit makes them lose wars, and only people like you would believe their propaganda.

I would nominate Jordan too, or Morocco
>>
Was recently in Cairo for business.
Can confirm its a police state. Tourism is their #1 industry so everybody hates the al Qaeda / Isis shit cause all the tourists have left. Conservative society but they like to drink and smoke (weed) too. They consider themselves Egyptians before Muslims so in that sense none of the ISIS caliphate bullshit. After Morsi was elected and when he tried thenislamic brotherhood sharia everyone went apeshit when they realized how oppressive religious extremism can get so they put the military back in power.
Tldr; great people, conscript military but it runs the country better than the Islamists. Now that trump is in power expect America to turn 3rd world like Egypt so you'll all get a taste by the end of four years
>>
>>32342743
It fits their current threat easily. It's not like they're going yo wage war against israel again any time soon

In fact, other than IS and AQ cells within the country, the biggest threat to Egypt is Ethiopia, with tensions about nile river at the highest when ethiopia built the grand renaissance dam (with china money and support). Ethiopia have decent shit themselves but there's no way they're going to win in a conventional war against Egypt
>>
>>32342755
Egyptian military is embodiment of incompetent Arab dictator.

They were literally in situation where the choice was
A) Hire some of the 40.000 teachers needed to teach kids to write so that they don't go all AQ on you because MB is the only one providing education
B) Buy expensive ships from France and helicopters from Russia, because we have money to burn

And they chose B. Fuck them, can't wait for them to bitch about US-Saudi-Jew conspiracy of jihadists.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.