[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, i need help. My grandfather is opening a shooting range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Guys, i need help. My grandfather is opening a shooting range in kansas, and i am looking to become a gunsmith. I want to do it online because the closest gunsmithing school is in colorado (i live in far eastern kansas). What is the best online school? Any other tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>32335826
just lurk on /k/, we do all the best gunsmithing here

somebody post the shovel ak
>>
>>32335826
i would say go to the school. it would be hard to learn mill work and pressing barrels in online without instruction unless you just want to put scope rings on like your pic.
>>
>>32335826
Honestly dude, go to a nearby school for machining. Become a machinist. I haven't been in the business in a while; my goals are currently heading in a different direction but what I learned as a machinist was so valuable to working on guns. I have seen where gunsmithing is kind of a joke when what's needed of a person is manufacturing and fabrication. If you understand guns and fabrication, you're set.
>>
>>32336670
I also forgot that to be a certified gunsmith is a joke. Become a good machinist and just pay the atf for its itar fees.
>>
>>32335826
Fucking online gunsmiths. What a fucking joke.

I mean IF you are the smartest person in the world and can learn everything from a book and don't need to make any mistakes yourself and can learn 100% from other peoples mistakes and still don't need to make any mistakes of your own then sure you can learn this shit through books and online couses.

But I'd bet my yearly income that you aren't the smartest person in the world if you want to be a gunsmith.

Since you aren't the smartest person in the world. As an online gunsmith all your mistakes that you WILL DO are made on the CUSTOMERS guns. Holy shit all the dumb fucking mistakes.

Fucking hell I'd never give my guns in the hands of anythin learned "online".

Btw the pay is shit unless you find/train in some very niche thing and become the best that ever was.

t: real school teached gunsmith in an actual gunsmithing job for big ass company.
>>
>>32335851
Shovel AK was on a forum, nothing actually impressive has ever come out of /k/
>>
I live in NC, there's a pretty well respected program at one of our community colleges. Maybe look around your area at CCs?
>>
>>32335826
just go to community college and learn mechanical engineering
>>32336725
the closest would be build kit threads
>>
>>32335826
What range? 913 here.
>>
>>32336725
I disagree, some guy made a bolt action .50BMG rifle.
>>
>>32336919
Hey fellow 913 /K/ansan! What range do you use?
>>
>>32336919
>>32337004
>tfw 316
>>
>>32336995
And a single shot 20mm
>>
>>32335826
>online school
welcome to the usa
>>
>>32337004
I mostly shoot on my family's land in the middle of nowhere. Parma woods is pretty good, my only complaint is that they don't allow steel core, including bimetal jacket. They don't care about steel case though. I've heard good things about hillsdale, but I've never been there.
>>
>>32336697
hope they teached gunsmithing better than your primary school teached grammar
>>
>>32336697
What part of the assembly line are you on?
>>
>>32337049
someone here made a single shot 20mm?
i gotta see that post it up
>>
>>32335826
What city?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.