[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Not really, but that's the only topic that you fags care about outside of what some youtuber had for breakfast.

Anyway, this seemed liked a neat novelty gun.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/12/1/tested-ifg-howdah-45410-double-barrel-pistol/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=1216
>>
Looks retarded is retarded
>>
>copy obrez
>add additional barrel
>fuck yeah, murrka #1
>>
>>32335728
>copy obrez
>clearly a sawnoff double barrel shotgun, which have existed for centuries
:|
>>
Can it fire .45-70? There's nothing in the article but I imagine it might be a fun hunting pistol if that's the case.
>>
>>32335728

It's a copy of an old Ithica shotgun/pistol named after a blackpowder big bore handgun.
>>
>>32335768
with a dash of cobray/leinad for good measure
>>
>>32335632
Why would you pay 1300 for that? You could get a Taurus judge for half that and it also fires .410
>>
>>32335632
>it's a "newfag mocks everyone before starting a thread to look cool and fit in" episode
>>
>>32335632
I've been wanting something like this for years.

>>32335728
It's a replica of a shotgun pistol from the early 20th century you dumb fag.

Arguably someone might have cut down a Westinghouse or Remington made Mosin Nagant rifle, as there was no NFA yet and the rifles were dirt cheap (there were many and there really wasn't a good source of 7.62x54mmR at the time).

Not that sawed off shotguns don't predate self-contained brass cartridges.

>>32335765
You'd have to ask the manufacturer about that, my guess is no, this is more meant as a collectible or novelty, the original Ithaca shotguns being NFA items, and pretty rare.

Most .45 Colt firearms are pretty strong today though, so you could probably load up some cartridges to .44 Magnum levels and it should stand it.
>>
>>32336248
Unlike the Leinad Derringer abortion though, this gun is actually cool and nicely made.

>>32336285
Because it's cheaper and easier to find than an actual Auto & Burglar gun, while also not being an NFA item.
>>
Shame no one has done a reproduction of the Lancaster Howdah. I've always thought those were really cool.
>>
Screw it, I'd buy one. Got me to look with you 9mm meming.
>>
>>32336992
You mean those old British pistols with 2 or 4 barrels?

Honestly, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find one in average condition, in a practical enough caliber to handload (with blackpowder, of course)
>>
>>32336285
I'm guessing it might be expensive due to the fact that regulating two rifled barrels together is kind of a bitch to do, even for a short gun.
>>
>>32337009
Four barrels and it had a rotating pin system, only thing that was near that was the COP which was meh at best.
>>
>>32337009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGII108sOU

All the ones I've seen have been in the neighborhood of $10k, and all in basically-extinct chamberings.

A nice faithful reproduction in, say, .45LC or .45-70 would be really cool. I'd buy one just to have it.
>>
>>32337047
It would be hardly less expensive, m8. Shit was Gucci even back in the day.
>>
File: 8038.jpg (27KB, 876x430px) Image search: [Google]
8038.jpg
27KB, 876x430px
>>32337034
There were some two barrel ones as well, mostly the large caliber ones.
Ian did a good video showing three different ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGII108sOU

It probably wouldn't be too hard to make replicas of these in .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum, it'd be expensive though.
>>
>>32337085
Economics of scale + modern tooling ought to bring the price down to something reasonable, at least. Probably somewhere between $1-2k. The lockwork isn't OVERLY complex, and the rest of the gun is pretty simple by modern standards.

In any case, it would be better than spending $10k+.
>>
>>32337138
Two barrels maybe but four would be probably close to 4000 at the lowest.
>>
>>32337219
How's that, exactly? Why would two more barrels be so much more expensive?
>>
>>32337249
You need to regulate all 4 barrels to hit point of aim at 25ish yards and barrels to not make it 12 pounds and 3 inches thick aren't cheap either.
>>
Can someone explain why this doesnt count as a SBS?
>>
>>32337395

It's rifled and fires 45lc
>>
>>32337395
Disregard this, I just finished reading the article. Next question, can this be done with 12 gauge assuming the pistol is chambered in .7xx or whatever the caliber of a 12 gauge is?
>>
>>32337395
The bore is rifled.

The bore also not being over 12.7mm prevents it from being a Destructive Device
>>
>>32337416

No because it would then fall into the category of destructive device for being larger than .50
>>
>>32337416
Bore over. 50 is a DD
>>
>>32337425
>>32337458
>>32337462

Thought I should add that bores over .50 can be specifically exempted, 12ga shotguns actually are because they are deemed "sporting". The .950JDJ also got an exemption so it's possible...just super unlikely for a handgun.
>>
>>32337507
I generally error on the side of the ATF being no fun cunts for no reason.

Would be a hoot and a half to get one in x54R but you know how they do. Maybe one in 577/.450 for the empire feel
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.