[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was playing some Battlefield 1 (shit game by the way, do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: tracks.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tracks.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
So I was playing some Battlefield 1 (shit game by the way, do not recommend) and I noticed that the British tank tracks have these spade/shovel like pieces on the tracks at regular intervals.

I've tried googling and I haven't found anything. Anyone know what they are called and what they do? They don't seem to be in all tanks and clearly in modern tanks you don't see these at all. I've only found some photos of old british landship like tanks with these attachments on the tracks.

Are they to make traversing trenches easier? Are they supposed to offer better traction or more gripping surface? Are they just useless?
>>
File: MWOG1-W24Fig2.jpg (67KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
MWOG1-W24Fig2.jpg
67KB, 800x473px
>>32335119
Its a type of grouser.
>>
>>32335119
i think it's fun :(
>>
>>32335201
Thanks a lot! that answered my question quickly.
So why are grousers not used anymore in tanks? Or are they and I've never seen it?

>>32335223
I don't like it very much, I prefer 4. The standard issue rifles only game mode is fun though.
>>
>>32335229
Newer tracks and more power have lowed the need for addon grousers on tanks (like the ones you see in your pic) grouser for civ go for bigger grousers 1st so no need for addons
>>
>>32335288
Is there any downside to them aside from maybe increasing the needed space between track and track cover/armor?
>>
>>32335360
No down sides that i know of.
>>
>>32335393
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>32335288
I don't think grousers would work on a tank that had tread guards on the sides either.

That's the right name for them right?
>>
>>32335119
bf1 is sick and you saying that it isnt makes me too butthurt to even read the rest of your post
>>
>>32335229
agreed, standard issue rifles is fun. hardcore isnt bad either if you like camping as much as i do.
>>
>>32335556
What's the standard rifles game mode called? I can only find some shotguns only bs.
>>
>>32335571
im not sure, i have a tough time on xbox browsing servers
>>
>>32335571
Standard Issue Rifles is what it's called, you'll find it under the other/custom game modes browser, next to the regular server browser.
>>
>>32335119
I enjoy the game but i have a few issues with it.
1. way to many experimental guns
2.assault class should have a fucking bolt action option
3. tanks are so fucking op
>>
"We're gonna make historical shooters great again."
>>
>>32338025
But that's exactly what BF1 did. While CoD went out into the future and got retarded, BF1 actually did something cool for once. Operations are a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>32338025
It's amazing how Trump always loses about 100kg in these fan drawings.
>>
>>32335545
>bf1 is sick and you saying that it isnt makes me too butthurt to even read the rest of your post

BF1
Game about WW1
No France
niggers everywhere
muh strong ayyrab wimyn

Yes indeed, the game is "sick". Sick with swede cuckoldness, a dangerous disease.

Also :
>im not sure, i have a tough time on xbox browsing servers

Playing an FPS on console
Disgusting

Now fuck off tripfag.
>>
>>32340636
Not to mention about 35 years
>>
>>32340402
Bf1 is historical revisionism trash, go stick a floating bayonet up you asshole and wiggle it around cunt
>>
>>32340636
>>32343041
>you will never not be salty af
>>
>>32342705
>Now fuck off tripfag
Lurk moar newfag.

That's right, I called you a newfag, because otherwise you'd know he's not a tripfag, he's a namefag. Something equally cancerous but for entirely different reasons.
>>
Operations is fun (reminds me of wolf ET), other modes are trash due to shit map design.

BF1 has some weird ass design choices, but over all it's a decent game. I like it more than 4, hardline, and battlefront. I'd never pay full price for it, but I only paid like 30 bucks during BF.

Sure, it isn't historically accurate, but if you complain about that then you obviously never played a BF game before.
>>
>>32335360
it increases the friction on the surface you're driving on, and will absolutely fuck surfaces like asphalt and that sort of thing, making a high powered heavier vehicle like the Abrams or Bradley even worse for a road.

in WWI is was great because the countryside was a wet, messy wasteland but today tanks mostly travel overland on MSRs and ASRs
>>
>>32343368
>Sure, it isn't historically accurate, but if you complain about that then you obviously never played a BF game before.
this so much.
>vietnam
>tactically onto cap point
>get run over by BTR
>BTR assplodes because tnt on flag
>flag is capped by huey that just stands on its nose and rotates around the flagpole

>mfw that one time when I shot down an Mi8 with a mortar
>>
>>32344184
This so much.
Now I want to play BC2 again.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.