[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reenacting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 35

File: wwii-days.jpg (60KB, 550x392px) Image search: [Google]
wwii-days.jpg
60KB, 550x392px
I'm suprised I havent seen something like this here before. What do /k/ommandos think of reenacting? Does anyone here reenact themselves?

General reenactment thread. Any time period welcome. I reenact WW2 and will try to answer any questions
>>
What do those reenecters actually do? Shot at each others with Blanks and pretend to die?
>>
>>32333804
It's a way for people like me to justify owning a 12 pound Napoleon cannon while maintaining the illusion that I'm a normal member of society.

"Gee Anon why do you have an entire Civil War cannon with trail and cassion in your garage" is much better answered with "I'm a reenactor" than SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED GOVERNMENT GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32333804
Yep. I know it sounds weird on the surface but believe me it's pretty fun
>>
>>32333846
Does it work?
>>
>>32333855
I once killed a 1990 Mazda hatchback with it.
>>
>>32333850
Im not making fun of it, i'm just wondering, what are the rules to determine that you died? Do you randomly decide that you died?
>>
>>32333846
Thats my excuse for owning a Pak 40
>>
>>32333860
Neat
>>
>>32333793
Reenact Fallujah faggot. Got some Deserts for you, salty.
>>
>>32333793
What unit are you with? I do WW1 German, might branch out to Wehrmacht some day
>>
>>32333861
Dying is pretty much self determined. If someone points a gun at you and you see a flash, you were probably hit. Though it can get complicated in larger battles and I lost count of every time someone I shot at didn't fall.
>>
I took part in a small civil war reenactment in West Virginia. It was a small event that fit within two blocks. Nevertheless, it was a great time standing in formation, going through the manual of arms, and shit-talking Yankees (which was especially funny since I'm currently in Iowa).

Makes me want to get into it a lot more.
>>
File: necklace.jpg (280KB, 535x700px) Image search: [Google]
necklace.jpg
280KB, 535x700px
Lssah reporting in
>>
>>32333890
I don't do wehrmacht, I'm with the 9th SS Panzer and the 6th SS Mountain Divisions.
>>
>>32333894
If you're looking for a good time I'm pretty sure Gettysburg has a massive civil war event
>>
shame there's not much in the way of WW1 reenacting
>>
>>32334041
I know, that's something that would be really awesome if there were enough people
>>
>>32333793
I would really like to find a group with an M4 sherman or even an M3/5 half track. I just want to ride in or on one.
>>
>>32333882
Don't bite the puppies salt Dog.
>>
>>32334118
If by awesome you mean sitting in a trench while having a rat naw your friends face off all while you are being fake shot at by blank artillery rounds and fake 13.5mm tankgewher.

I can see this being amazing.
>>
>>32334041
You'd either be sitting in the mud all day or everyone dying in about a minute and a half. I can imagine why there really isnt much WWI reenactment.
>>
>>32333793
Getting into reenacting ww2 myself. Im doing a general U.S. m41 infantryman impression.
>>
>>32334931
>Implying ww1 was limited to just trench warfare
>>
>>32333850
>>32333891
I am very curious as to where reenactors get their costumes.
I want to get a Prussian Hussar uniform like the guy in the background of pic related for reasons...

Do y'all make your costumes or is there a place to buy them?
>>
>>32335341
derp forgot pic
>>
>>32335341
We get most of our gear online, and sometimes they have vendors at events you can buy things at.

As for what you want, I don't know of any specific websites. But it probably won't come as a whole outfit, you'll need to get each part seperately.
>>
>>32333891
This sounds like it could easily get fucked up by that one dumbass who refuses to die during a game.
>>
>>32335490
any suggestions where to start?
>>
>>32335517
It doesnt happen often but when it doe its really anoying
>>32335525
http://www.prussianglory.com here maybe? sorry I dont know too much about that area
>>
File: untitled.jpg (105KB, 641x459px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
105KB, 641x459px
Fellow WW2 reenactor here. I mainly do SS but I'm trying to get into Heer since there are so many SS guys at every event.
It's extremely fun, camping out for a weekend with good people and talking about guns and history and fighting during the day. I was hooked when I came back to camp after my first full day of fighting exhausted and starving to drink beer and eat German food around the campfire with a bunch of cool guys.
We got bused around in German half tracks and trucks on a private farm that spanned for hundreds of acres and had faux villages built to replicate city fighting.
I have a green text story for everyone:
>be inna woods with unit
>hear American half track coming down a small road/trail
>prepare an ambush and hide
>they didn't see us coming, SS camo is good
>we all jump up and start shooting
>wipe out grunts that were following half track
>wipe out machine gun on half track
>the driver is wondering what's going on and why his guys aren't shooting back
>a guy in my unit runs up and drops a stick grenade in his lap
>"oh shit"
>he all start laughing because we just wiped out an armored column
>start walking away to regroup with the rest of our guys
>laughing and talking as we walk through the woods
>hear a whistle to our right
>ohshit.jpg
>5 GIs with Garands open up on us as we look
>we all fall down laughing histerically
>GIs come over also laughing
>help us up, shake hands and we left for the respawn point

If you don't reenact you are missing out.
Picture is the only one I have of me from that event. It's from a trench line that we were defending from a tank assault.
>>
>>32335046
It depends on the battle you are portraying. Most WW1 events in the US are of battles that the US fought with was mostly trench warfare.
>>
>>32333900
That's one thing you don't see enough of in reenacting; guys carrying around ammo belts. In original photos it seems everyone had at least 1 belt of ammo on them for the machine gun.
>>
This may be the only "gun related" thing more cringey than airsoft.
>>
>>32336044
That does sound fun.

Interesting that there would be so many SS guys as well. I'd think that would be something higly looked down upon and that most would go Wehrmacht just for the "im not a nazi i swear" factor.
>>
>>32336320
Its because they all want to be the most badass. Nobody wants to pretend to be the 65yr old volksturm conscript; everyone wants to be the Aryan ubermensch super-soldier.

Plus, SS get the coolest uniforms.
>>
>>32336044
Can you point me in the right direction for sign up? I would love to participate in that kinda deal. I have no hobbies and I love the tits out of ww1 and 2
>>
>>32336270
they do use actual guns though
>>
>>32336320
I think that most of the guys that do Heer do it for that very reason.
In reenacting, "elite" units like SS, Fallschirmjagers, Airborne, mountain troops are way over-represented. I think it's because people want to be something cool or and not an ordinary soldier if they are ordinary every day of their lives.
I do SS because unless I want to reenact alone a most events I have to be SS in order to join a unit. Also the uniforms and camo are better than everyones so it has some extra utility.
>>
>>32335517
Reenacting is not asg.

It doesn't attract dumbasses and assholes because it's not hip and tacticool enough for them. It only attracts people who are into reenacting.

Same reason why most guys who are into black powder shooting are mostly cool and very helpful, I don't think I ever met a black powder shooter who was a dick, maybe a few fudds. It's just not something dumbasses and assholes are interested in.
>>
File: Alfredo Cantu Gonzalez.jpg (26KB, 256x380px) Image search: [Google]
Alfredo Cantu Gonzalez.jpg
26KB, 256x380px
How do I get into reenacting?

I can't really do European War reenacting since I'm a bean, I might be able to squeeze into US Army or USMC reenacting post-1900 but thats about it.

I can't do anything native because despite being brown I dont have native facial features,
>>
>>32336470
Also, reenacting is a pretty expensive hobby to get into, so that tends to filter out some of the shit.
>>
>>32336500
Look up a local unit and ask to join. Just get in contact with people, they're usually pretty welcoming of newcomers (especially younger people, as reenacting tends to have too many old guys and not enough young). They'll usually loan you some gear to use in a reenactment or two so you can see if you like the hobby before you blow money on it.
>>
>>32336500
Don't let your dreams be dreams man
>>
File: 1351699681855.jpg (82KB, 675x408px) Image search: [Google]
1351699681855.jpg
82KB, 675x408px
>>32335517
It happens. It's happened to me multiple times. There are the guys that don't look at you when you shot them so they dont die.
There are the guys that say "I shot you first"
And then there are the guys that say "I shot you more so you are dead"
The last one happens at lot with GIs because when I shoot them once with the K98k and have to work the bolt they shoot back 2 or 3 times and don't think I shot them.
You almost have to make sure who you are shooting is looking at you so sometimes your first shot is just to get their attention and the follow up does it. Or sometimes you shoot one guy and 2 guys next to him think you shot them too and all 3 fall. It just depends.
Here's another picture at a normandy themed event.
>>
>>32336500
>I can't really do European War reenacting since I'm a bean, I might be able to squeeze into US Army or USMC reenacting post-1900 but thats about it.

I've seen black confederate soldiers in reenactments. Nobody will not let you in based on your race.
>>
>>32333793
Why doesnt someone design paint bullets for these weapons? Having actual combat involved would make this a lot more fun I imagine.
>>
File: 1345675181086.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1345675181086.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>32336500
Believe it or not you can reenact German easier than American if you are dark skinned. Plenty of non-Germans served in the Wehrmacht.
>>
>>32336500
>I can't really do European War reenacting since I'm a bean
It's not an issue.

And it's not like black people/soldiers didn't exist in Europe.
>>
>>32336508
So fucking expensive. And after you get all your gear, weapons, blanks, then you have cost of gas/time off work or other factors. And then one day you decide to get a new impression and then you spend even more.
>>
>>32336536
Because simunition hurts like hell, is expensive, and would require eye and facial protection that would really break immersion. The honor system is a much simpler, cheaper alternative.
>>
>>32336519
I'm getting settled in the Portland Area, I'd love to do any reenacting as a Pacific War Marine or Paratrooper.

lol though if any of my friends that I was in the marines find out and I'll be outed as a motivator
>>
>>32336546
>And it's not like black people/soldiers didn't exist in Europe.
This. There was a whole unit of nigs that was ordered to stop so whites could be the first to march in and liberate Paris. I forget the details.
Also, there's that story of panzers surrendering, coming out of their tanks, seeing a unit of nigs and then changing their minds and opting to rather die than surrender to nigs.
>>
File: i78x8o.jpg (52KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
i78x8o.jpg
52KB, 337x500px
>>32336536
I think ww2 airsoft already got this part covered
>>
>>32336606
Faggotry
>>
>>32336526
That's because there were a lot of black Confederate soldiers. Most of them didn't even segregate their units.
>>
>>32336536
I've thought the same thing but I think the biggest thing is safety. Also with projectile ammunition you have to wear eye/face protection which takes away from the historical accuracy.
A lot of WW2 reenactors in Europe do airsoft reenactments which you can watch on youtube.
>>
My father likes to reenact Vietnam. Probably nostalgia since he served there for a year in the 101st. I just wish he didn't do it alone with live ammo.
>>
>>32336628
Point is no unit will ever turn somebody away based on race. Units are almost always hurting for non-fat, non-old men and turning some guy away because of his race is a good way to attract some butthurt and hurt feefees directed toward the hobby.
>>
>>32336526
>I've seen black confederate soldiers in reenactments
Because they were a thing.

Ideological purity doesn't count for much when you are at war and need as many people as you can. You can't afford to be picky.

Jews in Wehrmacht were a thing too.
>>
>>32336540
What the fuck?

There was actual diverse groups in nazi germany???
>>
>>32336682
The Nazis were cool with darkies all over the world. They just didn't want the untermenchen in their own turf.
>>
>>32336649
Kek
>>
File: 1364434416479.jpg (70KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
1364434416479.jpg
70KB, 800x554px
>>32336682
Is that sarcasm?
>>
>>32336682
Sure. I think Waffen SS consisted of 60% foreign divisions at one point.
>>
>>32336682
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_black_people_in_Nazi_Germany

>A number of blacks served in the Wehrmacht. The number of German blacks was low, but there were some instances where blacks were enlisted within Nazi organizations such as the Hitler Youth and later the Wehrmacht.[20] In addition, there was an influx of foreign volunteers during the African campaign, which led to the existence of a number of blacks in the Wehrmacht and SS in such units as the Free Arabian Legion.
Real life isn't a propaganda poster, if you are able to hold a weapon and willing to fight you are valueable.
>>
>>32336682
>There was actual diverse groups in nazi germany???
Volunteer and honorary SS units. Politics is a complicated thing my friend.

Case in point. Basques fight both France and Spain for independence cause they are a separate ethnic group. Some military power wages war against France and voila, Basques join forces with them for mutual benefit. Now imagine Europe filled with various nations with various ethnicities and all of that in the middle of the political clusterfuck that was WW II: Electric bogaloo. Also keep in mind that history textbooks are by definition skewered by political views of whoever was in power when they were printed and that goes for every nation that teaches about WW II in schools.
>>
>>32336654
Yep can confirm being racist in an SS uniform is not a very smart idea
>>
>>32336320
>>32336436

I'm the fag who started a reenactment thread a month or so ago, here in germany you can only reenact the Wehrmacht.
I currently "reenact" Volkssturm, but that's mostly because of bgdet problems.

Surprisingly, it seems to me we have more Wehrmacht renactment groups here than US or britons, and very little russians.
>>
>>32333919
Fellow gebrigjager!
>>
>>32335341
Those are incredibly expensive, there are a few custom outfitters who make uniforms in ever country- if you ask you can be sent their way, there is one based in France which does hussar uniforms , they cost 1,000s
>>
>>32336500
I'm half spic and I do SS
>>
>>32336810
I've seen SS reenactors in Germany. They have blacked out collar tabs and such but they were SS.
>>
>>32337015
I know of 2 SS units that brag about having jews and asians in their ranks. It helps with the PC police.
>>
>>32336044
This is basically playing airsoft with mature people owning accurate gear. But not even shooting any kind of projectile.

Shit on airsoft all you want. I am right and you know it.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 960x957px
>>32337061
I'm not going to say exactly what unit I'm in because this is 4chan, but I'm one of the biggest pictures on the main page because I'm half spic, I don't mind just wish they would of just told me that's why considering I've only been in for a year
>>
>>32337082
It's not airsoft if there aren't any airsoft guns.
Also reenactors take it more seriously and do it for the history. Airsofters dress up in whatever that is usually historically incorrect and run around playing cowadoody. Also reenactments have real jeeps, tanks and APCs. The biggest difference is that it sounds like an actual battle is taking place.
>>
>>32337100
Damn, affirmative action even helps you out in reenacting.
>>
>>32333804
Sometimes they forget to remove the ramrod and shoot eachother with blackpowder spearguns, or so I have heard. Could just be a meme.
>>
>>32337100
Nice, hopefully that doesn't mean they make you be the Jap.
>>
>>32337146
That's like Garand thumb or another myth. Everyone talks about it and claims someone did it but no one does it except just to show it can be done.
>>
>>32337220
It can happen, but the ramrods dont go far and you dont shoot at each other close enough to be hit by one .
>>
>>32336790
dont know why but that shit made me cackle
>>
Reenactors are the biggest source of historical fuddlore in existence.
>>
>>32337327
Like all good myths it CAN happen. However nobody knows about a time it actually happened and so we just keep talking about it.
>>
File: DSC_0001.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>32333846
Why do you need any justification to own a cannon besides the fact that it's fun and you want one. Who cares what other people think, they just don't know how much fun they're missing. I'm not a reenactor but I am a historian and shooter and I have shot artillery in competition, it's a whole new kind of fun.

Pic related: my garage
>>
>>32337354
A very small percentage are farbs and they are often shunned or not invited to events. The last event I was at kicked out 2 guys because they were so farby.
Can't judge us all because of a very small percentage.
>>
>>32337361
They are fun but there's a reason why guys buy them and then try to resell them after a short time.
>>
>tfw closest reenactment group is like two hours away and it's an american civil war group
>tfw not white

Feels bad man

I'd love to join up but I think having a slant eyed gook in the middle of the group would destroy the immersion
>>
>>32337413
I watched a small event and they had a woman in the ranks.

I know why she was really there though. Saw her flirting with one of the cavalry guys (whose horse had been acting like a moron throughout the entire event) after.

>Yeah... Sorry I couldn't be there.
>It's not like I didn't want to, but some stuff came up.
>Maybe we can meet up sometime later? ;)
>>
>>32337388
The cannon or the British roadster?
>>
>>32337413
I bet there was at least one gook fighting in the american civil war.
>>
>>32337358
Nobody has been stupid enough to do it yet
>>
>>32337413
Chinks fought on both sides.

No Koreans, from what I can find, but certainly some Chinese dudes.
>>
>>32337461

Confederates had some, union side about all I can find is a cook
>>
>>32337388
Well they shouldn't have bought them if they don't have space and the wife disagrees with it.

Both of those there are originals so not only are they fun, there's history along with it. The Napoleon was made in 1863 by Henry N. Hooper and used by a NY battery. And the Parrott is a federal gun made at West Point Foundry in 1861.
>>
>>32337144
Paint yourself black and try out anon.
>>
>>32337456
That is a very good question. And both can be the answer.
>>
>>32337361
Is that a 577 450 case?
>>
>>32333793
82nd Reenactor reporting in, fun af. Anyone here going to FIG?
>>
>>32337413
Well you can pretend you're white and it will only "ruin" others immersion not yours, unless the battlefield is covered in mirrors... just do it fagit
>>
File: 1342196558654.gif (1MB, 285x212px) Image search: [Google]
1342196558654.gif
1MB, 285x212px
>>32337681
>82nd Airborne
>>
>>32337681
Let's pretend serious. What son I don't carry Candy Bars in my pocket.
some bitch who jumped out a plane put some fucking salt stains in your Cammies.

Fucking tan belt.
>>
File: 2007-GD-FIG-038.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2007-GD-FIG-038.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>32337681
OP here, I'll totally be going!
>>
WW2 reenactments always make it seem like the entire war in Europe was nothing but the 82nd and 101st airborne vs the Waffen SS.
>>
I want to do French WW1 reenactment but I am a NEET with no money.
>>
>>32333793
>grown men playing dressup soldier

cringeworthy as fuck
>>
>>32334931

>this uninformed about WW1 or trench warfare at all

I want retards to leave.
>>
>>32338699

LOL, I remember when the fat fuck that owns that thing was trying to climb the front of it and pulled off the plywood armor on the front.

Funniest thing I ever saw. Some 400lb German tanker pulling his plywood tank apart.

At least he got it running again.
>>
>>32338585
>he doesn't know that 101st is overrated and oversaturated as fuck

82nd ftw
>>32338699
What unit are you in m8?
E/508 BAR gunner here
>>
>>32333793
I went to a reenactment show in Quex Park in Kent once.
Fallschirmjager were the edgiest bunch of fucks i ever witnessed, they were flying the swastika wherever they could and when i asked one of them how you cycle a bolt on a Kar98, he fucking shrugged.
And the Airborne they were supposed to be fighting had a fucking french partisan with them dressed in French 1940's gear.
Carrying a prohibition-era Thompson.
>>
Reenacting=cosplay without hot titties
>>
>>32339081
But with Kar98s and Garands
>>
It's more fun when you can hit people with things.

>On the day of the battle, the hard-core samurai skipped the town parade with its large contingent of nonfighting warriors and instead took their places in rival squads facing off across the river at the site of the original confrontation. They barely glanced at the curious spectators, made up of a scattering of post-parade townspeople and tourists who settled on rocks and ate rice balls and chocolate-covered bananas as war drums pounded and a cannon boomed. The combatants looked fierce and realistic—except for the plastic goggles, worn to prevent eye injuries. The action would go by the history book, with a few amendments. A one-month siege was being compressed to 40 minutes of combat, and instead of 50,000 soldiers, there were 100.

>A blast on a conch shell launched the fighting. The Toyotomi soldiers crossed the river in two boats and attacked the Hojo forces. On the riverbank the two sides went at it with the gusto of playground pick-up teams. If a samurai was stabbed, he had to fall and count to ten before rising from the dead. Back and forth over the river went the indestructible samurai. At the 35-minute mark, the wrong side, the Hojo, was winning, necessitating a time-out for the battle coordinator to remind the fighters of historical accuracy. Finally, just as a heavy rain began to fall, the Toyotomi forces vanquished the Hojo. The audience fled for cover, missing the chance to see the antagonists high-five each other, having lived to see another reenactment.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/features/world/asia/japan/samurai-text/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbODpTx3Hr4
>>
Wait, so what happens when you die?
Do you just lie on the ground for a few hours?
>>
>>32337220
standing in the line and doing the drills, was likely increibly stressfull. A decent number of the guns found on battlefields have shitloads of bullets and powder charges in the barrel.
the poor sods were too stressed to notice that the gun didnt fire, and continued the drill
>>
I don't get it and that's ok
>>
So guys. when do we start the international military action shooting federation?
basically cowboy action shooting but ww1/ww2.
I would give a nut, to do some competitions with my g33/40 in a gebirgsjäger uniform
>>
>>32338941
I'm staying with IR 208
>>
>>32339324
Do you guys speak German?
>>
>>32337131
airsoft can all of that. someone just has to organize it
>>
>>32339657
We'll give commands in German on the battlefield sometimes but just hanging around the camp no.
>>
>>32333793
Where is the best place to get jackboots? Some other fags pointed me towards lederarsenal, but I want your opinion.
>>
File: kropped.png (3MB, 1360x1172px) Image search: [Google]
kropped.png
3MB, 1360x1172px
>>32333793
MAfag here. Any other MAfags go to the Collings Foundation? That shit was fucking rad.
>See QT3.33 dressed up a USSR girl
>Get picture taken with a GILF and a MILF dressed as '40s girls
>Battle starts, ground is shaking from all the blanks firing and tanks rolling and cannon shooting
>End up laughing my ass off involuntarily out of how fucking fun feeling the shockwaves of cannon fire and hearing the mass firing of rifles feels
>Even have little reenactors doing tiny miniature scenes I've got to pay attention to notice
>Brit falling back hipfiring Bren, falls down "shot"
>Later American picks him up, was just wounded

Best part was even though I'm in MA, in the parking lot there were two hillbilly looking guys, old with long ass grey beards and farmers clothes, sitting in the back of their hay filled pickup truck. Asked us who we were voting for (this was months back)
when we said Trump they cheered and said they're voting Trump too.
>>
File: 1444725834706.jpg (456KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1444725834706.jpg
456KB, 1920x1082px
>15 images
>no jawman
disappoint guys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_H86MQ6JA&spfreload=10
>>
>>32340939
please tell me there's an album of this guy
>>
File: 144472573787.jpg (771KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
144472573787.jpg
771KB, 2048x1536px
>>32341136
what do you think, boychik?
>>
>>32338941
>101st oversaturated
>reenacts 82nd

I have a 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team impression
get on my level
>>
File: 1480218079115.jpg (200KB, 1080x680px) Image search: [Google]
1480218079115.jpg
200KB, 1080x680px
>>32336682
Here's a pic of different Waffen SS consisting of non-germans, europeans and even arabs muslims hindus and turks
These foreigners were projected to be the future political leaders and Germany's allies when they returned to their countries after the war
>>
>>
File: 1481789427280.jpg (38KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
1481789427280.jpg
38KB, 640x591px
>>32336606

>Walking around in the woods playing with toys

>ever past age 13
>>
File: lied.jpg (67KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
lied.jpg
67KB, 900x540px
>>32336682

there were shitloads of non german Nazi's, they don't teach you about it in school.
>>
>>32337373
What is a farb?
>>
>>32337361
>gee Bill, your mom lets you have 2 CANNONS
>>
>>32339166
Why the fuck does this somehow remind me of ludosports...
I.E. lighsaber kendo
>>
>>32342690
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farb_(reenactment)
>>
>>32336270
T.mall ninja
>>
>>32336606
It's pretty fun.
>>
>>32342713
Ah. So if you are not accurate af you get kicked out...
>>
>>32333793
Got attached to a unit, and I keep up wi them in Facebook. But with school and all I have yet to participate.
>>
>>32337361
>hobbies.png
>>
>>32333900
Most of the guys who reenact LAH, could not even made it in the time peroid Wehrmacht.
>>
>>32342116
I'd wager that there's 1 82nd reenacter to every 5 101st reenacter

But it's good that you're not a 101st either
>>
File: Vlaamse SS langemark.jpg (230KB, 1280x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Vlaamse SS langemark.jpg
230KB, 1280x1091px
>>32342561
>These foreigners were projected to be the future political leaders and Germany's allies when they returned to their countries after the war

the new elite was being raised/trained in new schools/institutions
the waffen SS were cannon fodder, there to save German lives
and even the new elites being raised would have been no more than puppets
They would be left to manage domestic affairs so long as Germania didn't see fit to meddle

that being said it would still be better then the EU we have now
>>
>>32336087
The US mostly didn't give a fuck about static trench warfare though, they refused to play by the rules and just charged shit.
>>
>>32333860
Did you mount your kill on the wall?
>>
>>32342657
>>32336540
>>32336704
>>32336682
>>32336715
>>32336717
>>32336781

>here are the faggots who think because they let non europeans fight with them that all of a sudden the nazis were somehow all about diversity

Race maxing was still highly illegal
>>
>>32338734
Because everyone wants to be the cool guys, and the super cool bad guys. No one wants to reenact as the Red Ball drivers, or rear line troops. And while the rest of the US Army, and the Wehrmacht did cool shit, if they're not commonly known they might as well not exist at all.

While I'm sure a bunch are normal people, the US side is made up of people who do nothing but jerk off each other, "muh greatest generation" and the other half are Wehraboos who constantly try to come up with reasons as to why Germany should have actually won the war.

Also, has anyone ever seen Japanese, or at least Asian American reenactors as the Japanese?
>>
>>32333793
Honestly? As a spectator it's dull, cringeworthy or both a lot of the time. Especially second world war stuff, a bunch of old/fat running about a stug 'firing' it's gun with zero recoil, they're all fighting in something the size of a football field....I just can't get engrossed in it.
I like wandering about different tents where they have stuff set up static to look at, seems more like an open air museum that way, it if they just drive the vehicles around so you can see them.

Went to a Sealed Knot civil war re-enactment at Rockingham castle once, that was alright, basically a huge rugby scrum with pikes, then again I don't know much about that period.
>>
>>32342962
You kidding? The germans were all about race min-maxing with the lebensborn program
>>
>>32342980
>he doesn't know what the nuremberg laws are
>>
>>32342971
It's not like they're getting paid to do it. If someone is putting down 1k of their own money into gear they can perfectly well choose what units they want as well.
>>
>>32340759
http://www.atthefrontshop.com Here's where I got my boots. They're a bit expensive, but good quality. If not there these guys are alright
http://www.hessenantique.com/Footwear_s/96.htm

>>32342971
Once I saw a handful of asian Chinese Nationalist reenacters
>>
>>32337361

>have nice old car
>shove it in a nasty basement with you cannon collection
>>
>>32336682
One of the last groups to fight in Berlin were the rests of a french SS Division

The whole SS Division Handschar was more or less balkan muslims
>>
>>32336520
Fuck man, german uniforms look badass as fuck.

I love that he uses the sling of the Brotbuetel as bino sling
>>
File: German-Panzergrenadier-0286.jpg (259KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
German-Panzergrenadier-0286.jpg
259KB, 1000x665px
>>32342856
>>32333900

I did one reenactment with the LSSAH. Decent group of guys. The Commander was a helicopter pilot (LT Col I think) in the Army. A few other veterans, but they were far and few in between. Also did a few Civil War reenactments.
I respect what they're trying to do by keeping history alive, showing off the uniforms and equipment, etc. The battle was pretty laughable though.
Guys running around with no military experience giving orders to do stupid shit. I knew when I heard someone yell "I got you" I was done.

Since then I joined the Army, and did a tour in Iraq.

Never went back to reenacting after I got out even though I have all the equipment for both German and Confederate impressions.

If you want to PLAY soldier, it's ok. But it's nothing like the real thing, I think airsoft is probably more intense. People will be more concerned with the stitching on your canteen not being period than you being in shape or practicing period battle tactics. A lot of "wannabes" get into reenacting and that's what turned me off the most. If it were only people with military experience I think it'd be a lot better, but playing soldier with a bunch of faggots that couldn't cut it isn't my idea of a good time. Lots of autists, fatties, dick heads, assholes, and just plain retards.
>>
File: weapon_37mmpak36_4.jpg (35KB, 493x277px) Image search: [Google]
weapon_37mmpak36_4.jpg
35KB, 493x277px
>>32343070
>Chinese Nationalist reenacters
huh interesting. Everyone forgets it was mostly the nationalists that fought off the Japs. Or at least in China they tend to downplay them or ignore them altogether.

Really fascinating theater of WW2. Shanghai in 1937 has some damn viscous city fighting to rival Stalingrad.
>>
>>32343077
You mean store them in the garage. The place in you house with a giant door made to store things and easily get them in and out.
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 900x1200px
Any Vietnam reenactments near PA?
MACV-SOG would be fun as hell to do and it would be affordable too.
I do SCA, and I've been interested in other reenactment groups for awhile now.
>>
>>32334041
>tfw would love to reenact as Austro-Hungarian but there's almost no WWII reenacting, and almost all of it is German and American anyway

Not enough attention paid to them, the French or the Russians.
>>
>>32333793
The thing that kills the illusion of reenactments for me is that it is vast majority overweight old dudes. Really sucks away believability from conflicts fought mostly by 16-25 year old soldiers.
>>
>>32337453
>Saw her flirting with one of the cavalry guys

Went to a reenactment once as a spectator and saw a qt3.14 gril approach one of the young guys in full Heer uniform.

Turns out women really do love a man in unifom, was really fucking jealous. I need a woman that'd be okay with me doing that shit and being the gun nut I really am...sick of holding it back and making out that I haven't got a power level.
>>
Strongly encourage anyone in central Texas to check out G Company based out of Austin Texas. They work with the Texas military forces museum on camp Mabry so they have access to machine guns and vehicles actually used in the war. They specifically do companies based out of Texas. They do Texas Revolution, Civil War, WW2 and Vietnam. Really good group of guys and let you borrow gear until you can acquire your own.
>>
>>32344261

The airborne units usually have the bulk majority of the fat fucks in them.

Go onto uniform providers and you'll see sizes XXXL. No joke.

There's a book called "Live Fire German Automatic Weapons" and a gastropod was show casing his FG42, all decked in Fallschirmjaeger gear, except he was so fat, his cheek bulk was stretching around the helmet straps while he was trying to look all badass Monte Casino.

The other end of the [autism] spectrum, are the spergs there who's sole knowledge comes from literally the most common books.

>Betcha didn't know the Germans had the first assault rifle huh uh uh
>5 Shermans against a Tiger huh uh uh uh
>German's had camouflage huh uh uh uh
>Dis here is a Panzerfaust, that means Panzer Fist, betcha you didn't know they had these huh uh uh uh
>300lb Wehrmacht soldier trying to carefully step through thin underbrush, getting lit up by a MG 15 yards away. DIDN'T GET ME!
>>
>>32344261
I really lucked out there. We had two fat guys, a couple of youngsters and a whole lot of overly military interested 20-25 year olds. One of the fat guys was the best roleplayer I have ever seen though.
>>
>>32344318
Yeah, that sounds like fucking hell.

I read a book one time where the author interviewed a Civil War reenactor who would apparently spend a few months a year living the role. Like living innawoods and eating period correct food and such. That sounds super autistic, but in the comfy way at least. Hearing fat spergs spout off commonly known trivia/fake-trivia would drive me to start loading live rounds.
>>
>>32333793
>Do 15th century reenactment
>Have full white Italian export foot harness
>Fight at Renaissance faires doing HMB/ACL style brawling
Feels good man

>Have a bunch of Finnish WWII guns
>Boner for the winter war
>Look up only finnish reenactors in the state
>All 20 of them are just closet Nazis
>Feels bad man
Daily reminder SS reenactment is social suicide and you should hide it and your piles of nazi shit like a priest hides he's a faggot.
>>
>>32344333
A fat guy here and there doesn't kill it, because you know I'll buy that the military, especially a losing one conscripts a fatso.

What kills me is when it's ALL fat guys, or worse guys who are wearing glasses or facial hair that aren't period correct. Like a WW2 US soldier with a white trash goatee will just ruin a photo.
>>
>>32333793
Any anons from Minnesota on here know where I can find a group? I was working on getting into the 3rd Panzergrenadier div. but their group website wouldn't allow me access again when I changed my fucking email address, now I don't know how to get ahold of them again.

>>32344241
Correction: WWI not WWII
>>
>>32344318
>Betcha didn't know the Germans had the first assault rifle huh uh uh
>5 Shermans against a Tiger huh uh uh uh
>German's had camouflage huh uh uh uh
>Dis here is a Panzerfaust, that means Panzer Fist, betcha you didn't know they had these huh uh uh uh

I used to do miniature historical wargaming and it was the same shit. You had people acting superior because of basic bitch "facts" learned from The History Channel or pop culture history books.
>>
>>32344375
Autists ruin everything
>>
>>32344261
This video ruined it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPXe8krjSw

Hate this fat fuck so much.
>>
>>32336320
There are plenty of closet nazis
>>
>>32344714
>Having autism ruins everything
Ftfy
The reason why most reenactors have historylite.jpg to rattle off is because you're for the most part talking to drunk people who have a common core "murrika won WWII after Hitler attacked us at pearl harbor" understanding of history or are starry eyed children who don't need or want a 3000 level history dissertation thrown at them when they ask "is dat a real gun!".
>>
File: received_10153505971027255.jpg (226KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153505971027255.jpg
226KB, 1365x2048px
>All this WW2 and civil war shit

Well, here's Legio XIV Gemina reporting in (XIII). (I'm farthest left)
>>
>>32343168
>I think airsoft is probably more intense. People will be more concerned with the stitching on your canteen not being period than you being in shape or practicing period battle tactics.

A fucking plus. I was interested in joining a group but turned off once I got to the absolute uniform requirements like that. If someone sees that I have a belt from 1949, which is different from a belt from 1945 because it uses stitching of a slightly different shade of green, I don't think anyone is going to care. What they will care about is why a 250 pound lardass is representing the 101st.

Huge airsoft wars are the best. I've been to a few which were huge 100 vs 100 man games spread out over a large set of woods. That shit was fun. Would love to go to one representing D-Day.
>>
File: received_10153505970847255.jpg (206KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153505970847255.jpg
206KB, 1365x2048px
>>32345001
Pics taken at a local renaissance fair on barbarian invasion day. We had to combat the hordes.

>HAIL CAESAR
>Queen comes walking by
>"Tell my predecessor I said hello!"
>BOUDICCA SHALL BE TOLD AFTER SHE BURNS FOR HER CRIMES

We actually got a lot of strange looks from people who held a cross closer to them as we shouted "Hail Caesar!". Overheard a lot of people saying Romans were murderous Christian killing psychopaths and how we were practically assholes for reenacting them.

Majority loved us though. But out of the 60 or so people who took pics with us, 15 or so said we were terrible for it.
>>
>>32343553
I love WWII history, and slowly learning that the war in the Pacific was pretty much being fought by the Chinese and Japanese since 1931 was like finding a whole new war to learn about. It is extremely interesting.

It's always weird seeing the Chinese troops with the stahlhelms.
>>
>>32344333
>One of the fat guys was the best roleplayer I have ever seen though.

I'd be ok with a fat German as long as he was reenacting Sgt Schultz
>>
>>32344345
That sounds super comfy. I've always liked my excuses to go fuck off for a month.
>>
>>32337100
Hey youve probably saved some people a lot of headache without having to do any real work
>>
>>32344318

>have to wear XXL because of the size of my shoulders or it'll be really tight and uncomfortable
>not a giant fat fuck

I don't role play as a soldier but it's still embarrassing when I have to shop for clothing.
>>
File: nofunalled.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
nofunalled.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>32342650
no fun allowed
>>
>>32337681
>>32338699
Indiantown Gap?
I probably saw you all last year if so, only I was in a Stryker that weekend.
>>
>>32336606
that impression looks terrible
why do people keep their uniforms clean?
>>
>>32336411
If you're interested in WW1, I can help with references and vendors. I don't do WW2 myself, but I know some people who do I could ask about
>>
>>32346933
Because "muh collectors value" or "I paid a lot for this, I'm not going to ruin it!"

Same reason most modern milsim people look "off", their gear is rarely ripped up or abused. GIs don't give a fuck about spraypainting shit or slapping zipties all over it before rolling around and ripping it to shreds.
>>
File: german1[1].jpg (68KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
german1[1].jpg
68KB, 720x480px
>>32346933
I don't think it's just the clean uniform. There are a number of things that seem off. He should probably be in combat gear for one, the cap just seems off, and I don't think that's a period accurate shirt peeking out of his unstylishly loose collar. Pic related looks a lot better despite being clean.
>>
HAHAHA

Re-enactors will never know what its like to get hit like with an airsoft gun!!

Milsim West FTW
>>
>>32348961
Cali /k/ group will be forming a Russian unit for that sometime next year.
>>
>>32350934
WWII, Soviets in Afghanistan, modern Russia?
>>
File: chinese-soldiers-8th-march-1933.jpg (64KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chinese-soldiers-8th-march-1933.jpg
64KB, 640x360px
>>32345055
>It's always weird seeing the Chinese troops with the stahlhelms.
Yeah I usually picture guys with dadao's and soft ushanka-like caps.

Imagine seeing chinese in german uniforms with stahlhelms, advancing alongside an sdkfz 222 and a Pz. I from a distance you'd think they were invading Poland or something
>>
>>32340924
>using a KP/31 SJR for fuckin Kraut
>>
>>32344348
Where you live senpai. Im part of the Finn Unit that just registered with the WW2 HRS. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you interested
>>
File: fortniagara[1].jpg (282KB, 1426x950px) Image search: [Google]
fortniagara[1].jpg
282KB, 1426x950px
looks fun to me desu

if you like historical stuff
>>
>>32347134
I use my Gorka for everything. Consequently it looks like that. Also, my Splav kneepads look like I just dragged them across a stone driveway and then dove into mud. I like to use my things. However, I keep my chest rig clean. That and my helmet is definitely fucked, scratched to hell from falling through a tree.

The whole airsoft is gay meme is propagated by insecure 20-some year olds that are too socially retarded to fit in with the group that plays, either that or they had ONE bad experience and all the sudden sperg out whenever someone mentions "AIRSHIT"
>>
>>32343070
I had heard those boot's half soles aren't pegged, and will fall apart. And also that their hobnails are aluminum.
>>
>>32351638
nah, some units like to do that shit where they just display every period weapon whether it makes sense for their unit or not
some people are there for history, some are there for dressup
>>
>>32351660
I'm in florida. There used to be a big group near the finnish enclave in st. Petersburg florida but their website seems to be defunct and last I checked everyone really did SS reenactment with some Finn gear on the side.
>Tfw i just want to shoot blanks through my m39 and m91 while wearing a deaths head stalhelm and winter camo
>>
>>32347134
>He who is a knight in shining armor has never had his metal tested.jpg

Anyone whose lived and sweated into a kit looks the part. You can't fake sunbleaching, scuffs, torn stitches, or tarnished steel
>>
>>32346933
it looks like he is an airshitter, based on the eyepro
>>
>>32354214
Probably helps that I was talking about airsoft in the post as well. He's probably a stundent on a budget. The cap costs like 1/4th of a helmet.
>>
>>32337131
One of the larger fields in the area, (Southwest VA) has a metric fuckton of surplus vehicles, and occasionally rents helicopters for events. Airsoft can be interesting, It just depends on the field that you go to, most of the converted paintball fields are shit.
>>
>>32334041
>>32334118
>>32334931
>>32335046
https://youtu.be/Ok93bQKdfvw
>>
>>32342629
>German troops in the Netherlands before Operation Market Garden, Spetember 1944.
>>
File: 20130819_165800.jpg (479KB, 2500x818px) Image search: [Google]
20130819_165800.jpg
479KB, 2500x818px
airsoft is like fucking fat chicks, its fun if no one knows you do it

reenacting is fun for old people and civis that never got to serve, or old POGs that never did shit while they were in.

its good that people do it, and i think its CRITICAL to keeping history alive for younger generations, as well as driving demand to restore old war horses.....but i do think its gay that everyone that does it is obese or elderly and they all have to be special forces (all the germans are SS and Fallschirmjagers and all the US are Rangers/Airborne). that shit is just fucking sad and gay.

have a smg bayonet for your troubles
>>
>>32351664
It looks real fun being a native fella, gotta be pretty fit tho
>>
Wars of the Roses reenactor here. Some of us fuck about with harquebuses but I'm usually in a bill line. It's good fun when you get to muck about fighting the beautifully drilled Belgian rich boys in their full plate with your dirty peasant band, stabbing one of them in their armour weak spots before being slammed into by a foot knight and floored.
I envy the full plate guys since they just get to full contact wrestle the other armour fags
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.