[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a poor fag out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: d8farkk.jpg (8KB, 299x363px) Image search: [Google]
d8farkk.jpg
8KB, 299x363px
So I have a limited budget for firearms and at the moment, and I have the choice between a mossberg patriot bolt action, or a makarov. I won't be able to carry for another two years in my state, but I also probably won't be hunting anytime soon. Which one in your opinion should I purchase?

Also if you have any recommendations for pistols priced 400$ or below I would love to hear them!

Pic Unrelated
>>
Bersa thunder 380
>>
>>32332736
>so if you have any recommendations for pistols priced 400$ or below I would love to hear them!

Sig P250, 9mm Compacts and Subcompacts can be had for $350 or even less. There's also the M&P Shield for $300-$350. And if you can inch out an extra $30, the CZ P07 is a really good DA/SA gun for being $400.

From time to time, police trade-in Glock 19's, 17's and S&W M&P9's can be had for $350-$380 depending on their condition.

Don't buy a Makarov.
>>
SD9 with apex trigger
>>
>>32332736
Buy the patriot. Just bought one in walnut (Its also my first gun). Looks great and Feels great.
>>
>>32332815
This is also a good pick. I used to shit on the SD9VE but it's actually pretty good if you're on a budget.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?13363-S-amp-W-SD9VE-2-000-round-test-thread
>>
File: MossbergPatriot.jpg (193KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
MossbergPatriot.jpg
193KB, 2048x1152px
>>32332829
Pic
>>
>>32332830
I own one. It's been amazing so far, dropped it in mud twice, shot right afterwards just to see if it would and it did. It's fairly accurate, I'm sure the sights need to be adjusted and all but for a truck gun and something to dome coyotes with, and a pistol for first time shooters at the range, it has been great. I just got the apex kit and it fixes the only problem I had which was the long and gritty trigger. I took guys that shoot glocks and XD's and handed them the SD9 and that's an easy way to find out who trigger flinches.
>>
Always buy surplus sooner than later. If you want a makarov now, buy it. I'm sure there will be no shortage of entry level bolt guns in the future
>>
>>32332783
>Don't buy a Makarov with the intent to carry it
>Buy one because they're great but heavy

ftfy
>>
SR9E, LCR, Witness
>>
Thank you to everyone who replied this has been immensely helpful.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_195926.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_195926.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32333161
I carry my Mak all day erry day comfortably. It's really not that heavy.

OP, get the Makarov.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.