[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of 357 sig??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 800px-357_SIG_-_FMJ_-_SB_-_1.jpg (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-357_SIG_-_FMJ_-_SB_-_1.jpg
32KB, 800x600px
>Less capacity of 9mm
>Same ballistics as 9mm
>Marginally more energy than 9mm
>Ammo is expensive as fuck
>Meant to duplicate 357 magnum. Not even close.
>bottleneck
>Extractor issues most guns
>10mm or 40s&w are more advantageous
>>
>>32330174
It was basically a round to provide 357 magnum characteristics in a semi auto package that never caught on. A lot of it stemmed out how the FBI used to carry 357 magnum revolvers as their standard sidearms and wanted to transition to a semi auto platform. It hasn't really caught on as you pointed out and with 10mm and .40s&w, it's been mostly relegated to just a few agencies and the secret service who seem to like it a lot. Its main strength is its ability to punch through barriers at super high velocities out of a semi platform, which is what I recall was one of the main purposes of the round development.
>>
>>32330174
It comes real close to duplicating some .357mag loads, iirc 127gr out of a 4" barrel 357mag or something.

What you get from .357sig is 2 things:
1. Excellent penetration out of a 9mm sized pistol. Really that's what it's known for.
2. Flat trajectory as you start to push the range.

Personally, I think for anywhere that brown bear aren't a concern, that's a really ideal choice for an innawoods gun and as a side note, I think carbine taking .357sig Glock mags would be cool too.
>>
>>32330174
Well I was considering .357 sig for my cc but now I'm starting to rethink. Any second Opinions? I primarily wanted it because 9mm just seems meh to me and I'm a partial fudd so "muh stopping power" has some affect, but I'm also not a faggot and do actually want more than 10 rounds in a magazine without the grip being thicker than a law textbook because of my manlet hands.
>>
>>32330174
>Nice tokarev round
>>
>>32330870
I traded all my non-hicking, safe queen, whatever guns, that is all the guns I actually EDC or shoot, I traded in and got all 9mm. Do you know why? Because I can afford to shoot 9mm.

I think .40 is a great round. I think .357sig is really cool too but too expensive for a range toy. I actually enjoy shooting 9mm because buying the ammo isn't as painful and it's a fine self defense round.

I would not go above 9mm, .40 or .357sig for an EDC gun, unless I got a single stack thin .45, because the guns get too big.

I would not get .357sig for daily carry because it's too expensive to shoot.

I would, in fact, get a 9mm.
>>
>>32330953
>hicking
I'm not even drunk.
>>
N E R V E D A M A G E
E
R
V
E

D
A
M
A
G
E

Just ask Dugan
>>
>>32330870
American calibers are for people with American ""'educations""". 9mm, 10mm, 7,63mm
All you really need
>>
>>32331202
>10mm

op sucks dicks
>>
From a time when energy dump was more popular than actual terminal ballistics. Plus Sig Sauer wanted a caliber associated with them.

It's literally a 9mm ++P++. Performs exactly the same in gel as the 9mm loading.
>>
>>32330870
get a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mags and practice with that, then carry hot loaded 357sig rounds.

best of both worlds
>>
>>32330953
why didnt you just buy conversion barrels and new mags for all your 40 cal stuff?
>>
high velocity and penetration, chambers more reliably than .40 does due to shape, point of aim is point of impact out to 100 yards or something. Secret service & air marshals love it but they don't have to pay for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.