[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ww2 gas mask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5552.jpg (216KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5552.jpg
216KB, 720x1280px
Hey /k/, i know this mask has asbestos in it but idc cause I want to die, anyways, does anyone know what kind of gas mask this is? All i know is its ww2 and probably germab
>>
A quick google search reveals that this is the German GM30
Most WW2 gasmasks should not be worn, as they contain asbestos

Btw, why did you put the mask on AND THEN ask us if it contained asbestos???
>>
>>32330570
I knew there was asbestos i just want to die
>>
>>32330600
Seems like a tedious death...
What ever floats your boat, wehraboo
>>
>>32330600
it doesn't kill you quickly
it just fucks up your lungs and gives you cancer and you die slowly
>>
>>32330600
god speed anon
>>
>>32330600

Asbestos takes like decades to kill you, dude. It's like smoking.
>>
File: IMG_5566.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5566.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It cant be the GM 30 because this part here is a different shape. Its very similar though
>>
>>32330570
Take up hardcore alcoholism. The liver failure will be just as slow, but you'll have the opportunity to choke to death on your own vomit for a quicker one,
>>
>>32330689
I like my death like I like getting it on with women, forced and a surprise.
>>
>>32329971
You want to die of mesothelioma? Jesus Christ, dude.
>>
>>32330746
Well i like to think to myself, fuck future me ima look fly as fuck and get all the polish ladies
>>
>>32329971
Actual mask collector here. That's a Dutch K-53. Filter likely does contain asbestos, but it's surrounded by other material. You're not going to get anything bad from wearing it short term.
>>
>>32331540
Its got an fe 41 filter tho
>>
>>32332120
Didn't look too closely at the filter, thanks for the info. definitely a German filter then. I stand by my statement all the same.
>>
>>32332207
Do you know if it would be worth anything to a war museum or to a collector? Or was it too common?
>>
>>32332218
It's a harder to find model, but it's still common. I bought mine for 40 bucks and considered it a fair price.
>>
>>32332231
I had mine since I was seven when I got it at a surplus store, is a german filter thats 20 or so years older suppose to fit a Dutch gas mask?
>>
>>32332253
Yes, actually. The DIN 40mm threading that the Germans used is identical to both 40mm NATO standard threads today as well as many other 40mm threadings of the time period.
>>
>>32332282
Neat, Do you have a kik or email i can contact you by if I find anything nifty? I go estate saling often but im relatively new to this.
>>
Please keep in mind here that my speciality is American Industrials, I've only dabbled a bit in European stuff. I think the FE-41 filters might have actually been post war but it's been so long since I looked into it. If you guys want to check out gasmasklexikon.com, it's a great resource for IDing masks.
>>
>>32332294
I'm not entirely willing to give out emails on here, but I do run a blog over at gas-masks-official.tumblr.com if you want to submit pics or send me your email or something.
>>
So, anyone have any Soviet PMK-3 gas masks, and what do you think? Ordering a ZSH-1 and thinking about buying a PMK from the same guy that sells them.
>>
>>32332309
Alright I will check out your page, before I leave, I was wondering if older gas masks like ones from the great war or second world war could still be useful against toxins?
>>
>>32332333
I have a PMK-2 and while it's alright I'd prefer any other modern mask to it. They really skimped on the tissot tubes in favor of having making it easier to configure, so the lenses tend to fog.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161215-012149.png (652KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161215-012149.png
652KB, 1440x2560px
Hey /k/ I need a gas mask that will protect me from Marijuana smoke, but will also work for stalking and general shtf.

Would pic related work?

>Bonus points if I can get it before Friday night
>>
>>32332348
I would not advise using them against anything considered toxic. Tear gas and dusts, maybe, but you're better off grabbing an MSA Ultravue off ebay for like 15 bucks if you expect anything worse.
>>
>>32332359
Get an Ultravue. 40mm NATO standard and they're cheap. That one has weird bayonet filters that likely aren't CBRN rated.
>>
>>32332359
just smoke the weed you faggot, it's not unpleasant and your friends will like you more

have fun at your party on friday
>>
>>32332366
In the first world war the british had gas masks where the filter was attached to their chest or side, did the germans have a similar mask?
>>
>>32332393
WW1 was a fucking mess of mask design, so it's possible the Germans worked with chest mounts, but their main masks were the GM-15, GM-17 and GM-18, which all used chin mounted filters. That said, they did have some chest mounted rebreathers but those used mouthpieces instead of full face masks.
>>
>>32332418
Know any good sites where I could get a GM17?
>>
>>32332445
Camping ebay is your best bet. Anyone who runs a speciality site knows the market price (which is high right now) so you'd best wait for someone who doesn't know what they own to list one for cheap.
>>
>>32332456
Danke schön
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.