[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rem 700

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: P1180671-900x601.jpg (202KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
P1180671-900x601.jpg
202KB, 900x601px
Hey there /k/ im picking up a remington 700.

I want to know what to do to make it into a real legit "sniper rifle"

Tell me what to buy
>>
a different gun to kill yourself with
>>
Have 700p which is the police model,left hand .308 great rifle,but its long 46" and heavy,otherwise great rifle
>>
A life

If you're seriously getting a Rem700 tho, get an older model made before their QC fuckups
>>
File: 1479399389487.jpg (91KB, 989x437px) Image search: [Google]
1479399389487.jpg
91KB, 989x437px
Buy a vintage model 70 instead and own an actually decent rifle.
>>
>>32329927
Step 1) buy rem 700 with standard or heavy profile barrel
Step 2) purchase 20moa picatinny scope base
Step 3) purchase heavy duty scope rings from places such as badger ordnance or seekins
Step 4) purchase scope with a mil dot reticle(its basic and simple to do the math for corrections)
Step 5) purchase blue loctite from home depot and put this shit on your screws for the mount and rings
Step 6) pick an ammo brand and bullet grain and stick to it(unless youre reloading)
Step 7) go to range and zero rifle at 50yds and move out to 200yds
Step 8) once you are familiarized with your rifle(about 200 rounds), move out further and further in your distance
Step 9) once you can hit a 10/10 on a 12 inch plate at 700yds consider getting a new stock/action tune up/new scope
>>
>>32329927
>Tell me what to buy

Sako, savage, tikka, cz, Winchester, or anything else that's not Remington.

And for you fags, name one Remington gun in the last 30 years that didn't suck ass and would've sank the company if it wasn't for their cheap garbage ammo
>>
>>32331846
11-87.
>>
A sniper rifle requires a sniper, which you are likely not. So nothing. There is nothing you can buy to make it a sniper rifle.
Maybe you can find a male prostitute who is also a sniper. Then maybe there is something you could buy. What good having him hold your gun while you blow him is beyond me, but it's your money.
Stupid nigger.
>>
>>32331846
Is there a /k/ approved bolt action list.
>>
>>32331878
No. Too many nugget/generic-milsurp autists.
>>
>>32331872
Stay fucking butt lasted that you've never even seen a range that has lanes longer than 100 yards.
>>
>>32329927

>Scope
Done.
>>
>>32329927
>step 1
Learn the difference between a sniper rifle and a precision rifle. If you are still 100% dead set on a sniper rifle, spend the $7000+ to buy a milsurp M24, which only come available once in a blue moon and are shot to shit. If it's not an M24 or M40, (or you yourself are an actual -4D ASI'd sniper) it's not a sniper rifle.
>step 2
Listen to this guy: >>32330129
>>
>>32329927

a good scope and a whole fuckload of ammo and a range membership

git gud
>>
>>32331894
Nice projecting.
>>
>>32331894
>butt lasted
I am now envisioning a cobbler forming a shoe around a very angry man's buttocks.

Thanks.
>>
>>32331886
Just modern bolt guns.
Which is all mauser actions anyways.
>>
>>32331946
>which is all mauser actions anyways
lol not even close.
>>
>>32331946
The only modern guns that use a mauser action are:
>post-2008 win70
>Ruger M77
>CZ 550
>Zastava micro-mausers

Everything else is an R700 clone (push feed cock-on-close 2-lug front locking) or proprietary.
>>
>>32331978
Kimber M84 uses a mauser
>>
>>32331982
eh, true. Forgot about them since they produce like 1000 rifles a year across 3 models.
>>
>>32329927
a mosin :^)
>>
>>32331894
>lanes longer than 100 yards
I'm not that guy but you know that's not a thing right? Real rifle ranges are actual ranges, they don't have lanes they have firing points and corresponding targets.

I've won money at sanction rifle matches and I'm still not calling myself or anyone I shoot with a sniper. We don't shoot snipe and we aren't tasked by a military operation to provide forward observation.
>>
>>32330129
>Step 5) purchase blue loctite from home depot and put this shit on your screws for the mount and rings

Wow. Someone on /k/ actually suggesting loctite on their screws. A fucking genuine surprise.
>>
>>32329927
Buy a PSU nugget
>>
>>32329927

Buy a Tikka t3. Put a scope on it that will be able to match the ability of the gun.
>>
File: allmydollarydoos.jpg (326KB, 1925x564px) Image search: [Google]
allmydollarydoos.jpg
326KB, 1925x564px
>>32332240
don't understand the aversion to using it. basically everything above the action is loctited on this. the scope is really sensitive to the tightness of the turret screws which was a fun problem to play with.
>>
>>32332240
>>32332295
IIRC, blue is permanent. Right?
>>
>>32332303
No. Red is. There are many versions of every color so don't always go by that but there isn't a blue that you can't use.
>>
>>32332303
no, you should get the blue loctite that is not permanent and doesn't require heat to remove. it's basically there simply to ensure that recoil impulse doesn't cause any backout but sufficient torque with a hand tool will break the bond.
>>
>>32332303
Blue is medium that doesn't require heat to remove after it sets.
>>
>>32332312
>There are many versions of every color
Didn't know.

>>32332313
>that is not permanent and doesn't require heat to remove
That was my point.
>>
>>32332192
Heyo, the one guy ITT that can tell its bait because anyone who actually uses a scope with a graduated reticle knows that long distance ranges don't have lanes, but he bites anyways. Yes, I know it's not a thing. Though cobbling shoes around anuses is objectively hilarious.
>>
>>32329927
>make it into a real legit "sniper rifle"
>sniper rifle
Shoot somebody with it. Otherwise it's just a rifle.
>>
>>32332326
>Though cobbling shoes around anuses is objectively hilarious.
It is, but then I also just hope that every day this place gets a little better and there are more shooters who make the community better so that we don't lose our fucking rights. I guess that means I get baited more often than otherwise, but fuck it I'm not going to be the asshole who's drilling holes in his own boat.
>>
>>32329927
rem quality control has been shit since the jews took over them

get a different gun bro
>>
Ignore the No guns OP

Remington 700 is a fine first rifle. Avoid the Remington 783
>>
>>32331926
Upvoted
>>
>>32333308

Not sure if mentioned but new remington 700s are notorious for being trash. The company was bought out in the early 2000s by vulture capitalists who stripped all of the quality controls from the company and used those savings to give themselves fat salaries. Basically riding the company into the dirt because they dont give a fuck about it, its just a profitable venture for them rather than a company they have an attachment to.

Kinda exactly how sears/craftsman tools used to be GOAT tier decades ago but are now considered dogshit. Venture capitalists bought a brand famous for its quality and reliability and raped the quality control and production to make it cheaper and people buy it anyways because of its reputation. Even decades in - people STILL buy craftsman tools despite them being utter garbage because the meme that they are great lives on.

Same deal with the remington 700. If you cant buy one made before the company was bought out, then dont bother.

OR ...

You could spend the same if not LESS money on a Tikka T3x that shoots under 1moa straight out of the box, has a bolt that can be moved with your pinky, and one of the cleanest, glass like triggers on a factory gun - to the point where its so good that there simply isnt an aftermarket option for it.

Definitely one of the best guns for the money, and worlds better than an R700 is straight out the box for less money.
>>
>>32333936
That's not actually true. Out of every 700 I've put on the lathe or on a surface plate the new ones are better than the old ones. The surface finish is trash but the machining tolerance is better. It's a function of them going over to CNC machines. In many cases "blueprinting" a new 700 isn't going to net you much accuracy compared to everything else you could do to a 700. The days of the terrible 700 are gone (again, not in terms of surface finish).

Having said that the Tikka T3 is buttery. In the sporter stock it's an absolute treat of a rifle that does everything well. It's not "cheap" but for what it is you can't beat it. The only problem is if you don't like the trigger there are not many aftermarket options.
>>
>>32331978
>push feed cock-on-close 2-lug front locking
So Mausers before the k98.
>>
>>32332326
>I was only pretending to be retarded

Kek.
>>
>>32334537

To be fair though the Tikka T3x and R700 are about the same price.. i dont think theres much dispute that the tikka is by far miles ahead of the remmington out of the box.

On the flip side R700s can be customized to the moon but again that involved dropping even more money.
>>
>>32334786
That's pretty much the difference. California has a junior team that practices with the old version of the T3sport because they are great out of the box, mag fed and the stock is good for position shooting. None of the US palma or FTR team shoots a Tikka action, most shoot some custom variant of the 700. Few people prefer the same trigger or the same trigger settings and the 700 type actions allow for a lot of personal preference in trigger.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 567x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 567x428px
>>32331978
>R700 clone (push feed cock-on-close 2-lug front locking)
say hello to the push feed cock-on-close 2-lug front locking Gewehr 1888 (courtesy of Mauser).
>>
Starting to notice a trend here. We got Tikka shills all up in this bitch
>>
>>32334767
:^)
>>
>>32335778
>Starting to notice a trend here. We got Tikka shills all up in this bitch
Everyone who likes anything is a shill. Nothing can possibly be good except for what I own. In this day and age, most rifles that you can buy are actually good.

You are what's wrong with /k/
>>
File: 05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg (103KB, 768x364px) Image search: [Google]
05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg
103KB, 768x364px
>thinking about getting remington 700
>absolutely adore how it looks, every single detail of it
>no other bolt action comes even close when it comes to aesthetics in my eyes

>tfw everyone and their mother says they're shit now
>>
>>32336246
They aren't shit at all. No one saying they are shit will ever show up on a range to prove how shit they are. Plenty of people are posting match winning scores with 700s.

The Remington 700 model #29663 is completely tits for the money. It fixes 90% of the problems of standard 700s.
>>
>>32333936
Mine is perfect.no issues good price very accurate, not saying they are all perfect,but I doubt as many are bad as you think.
>>
File: M40.jpg (23KB, 800x208px) Image search: [Google]
M40.jpg
23KB, 800x208px
>>32329927
Your only option if you already bought it. If not get a better rifle.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.