[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every Day Carry Self Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: gunphone.jpg (24KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
gunphone.jpg
24KB, 533x300px
Hello /k/ I am a idiot who knows nothing about guns but I want to get one for self defense as I am moving to a bad part of town and will have to walk in the dark a lot. I want a handgun that is light, concealable, small, accurate, and can stop a big guy coming at me. I want something that won't shoot open my femoral artery while I carry it and won't jam on me too often. What do I get?
>>
File: v1noobadvice.png (35KB, 1813x1006px) Image search: [Google]
v1noobadvice.png
35KB, 1813x1006px
>>32328877
I made this flowchart today, maybe it will help you out
>>
baby glock

it will only shoot your leg off if you're a retard and pull the trigger while drawing it (if you carry with a round chambered, obviously)

>>32328906
glock 19 is the closest thing on that chart to something he'd want to carry and it's honestly too big to edc for 99% of people
>>
A small .380 that has a long trigger pull would be perfect for concealed carry.

If you want home defense I recommend a cheap mossberg 12g or my personal favorite, a Remington 870
>>
>>32328938
I guess it would require some input from OP on his body type but I don't think a Glock19 is too hard to conceal for most adults
>>
First off, where do you live and can you conceal carry? Meaning, your CCW permit.
>>
>>32328938
>too big
It's the perfect side and should be everyone's carry

T. CC a G20
>>
>>32328877
smith and wesson shield in 9mm
Ruger LC9
Springfield XDS 9mm
>>
>>32328906
thats a shit flowchart

cheap gun shouldn't be a high point, it should be a shield 9mm or a ruger LCP/LC9, both are like 300 new, and like 200-250 used.
>>
>>32329390
I'm liking that Ruger!
>>32329066
I am in Colorado so I am pretty sure I am allowed to CC and I defnitelty would be
>>
>>32328877
I would go smith and wesson shield, Springfield xds 9, kahr cm9 or pocket 380 like the kell tec p3at, the ruger lcp or the taurus tcp or kahr cw380. Mind you the pocket 380s are not as reliable as the 9mms.
>>
>>32328938
>glock 19 is too big to edc
I'm 135lb 5'8 manlet. I easily conceal my glock 19 at 4 o'clock and appendix.
>>
>>32329507
Kahrs are awesome, but P3AT might be just a little bit TOO small. Also i know Taurus makes some decent guns but most of the time theyre a gamble.
>>
>>32329513
I'm the exact same size as you and can conceal my 19 as well, but I don't know why you'd bother. It's not that it can't be concealed, it's that the damn thing is fucking bulky.
>>
>>32329527
The taurus tcp is made in the usa so its one of the better guns they put out.
>>
>>32329409
K, get your permit first - so you can conceal carry at night when you go on these walks at night. Don't break the law(s).

Then get a gun you like at your LGS (local gun store). You can chat with them about CC guns; but here are some to consider:
>Ruger LC9 2
>S&W M&P shield
>Springfield XDs
>Glock 26
>Kahr
>Colt Mustang XSP
>Ruger LCR
>S&W 642
>Berreta "Pico" or "Nano"
>Sig sauer P238 or P938
Etc.
>>
Depends mostly on your budget and body style. What you can carry comfortably is the most critical. If you get a tact1c00l gun that you hate carrying because its uncomfortable and don't carry it EVERY DAY, then it's pointless. I would talk to a local gun shop first to get an idea of what you like. Hold it in your hand, feel the weight differences, etc. But take what they say with a grain of salt. Get what works for you and worry about aesthetics LAST. Consider putting enough money aside to purchase a quality gun that is known to be reliable and has a market for at least night sights or a holster that is readily available. What I consider "Trust my life with" mfgs are: Glock, Sig Sauer, Walther, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, and some Beretta models. H&K is included of course but they are going to be your top tier top dollar firearm choice so it may not be feasible for you. Second is buying a quality holster. I can recommend: Alien Gear Cloak tuck 3.0 which is my personal carry at the moment, NSR tactical, LLOD, Crossbreed is good, Raven Concealment, Bravo Concealment. If you choose to carry outside the waistband during the winter months where it is easier to conceal, safariland is my my pick. Then get quality ammo that works well and reliably in the gun you buy. Try several different brands of hollow point rounds and find one that you shoot best with and stick with it. CorBon, Speer Gold Dot, and Lehigh Defense are all great rounds. Lastly, train! Go as muh sa your budget allows and train with that damn firearm. Practice some malfunction drills and practical drills if you can such as manipulating the gun with 1 hand, work under stress, etc. Best of luck. Be safe.
>>
it depends on your size and what you're going to be wearing. that's really it.

if you're a smaller framed person check out the sw shield, the glock 26, or the sig p239

regular-big
walther ppq, g19

my suggestion to you is to take the NRA personal protection outside the home. it's a decent class although you will have to take the basic pistol first as it's a requirement.
>>
>>32329842
>Sig sauer P238 or P938
who seriously recommends these POS's?
>>
>>32330078
remove sig from that list please. I've owned a couple and would not trust my life to them
>>
>>32329402
You are clearly not familiar with what most noobs consider cheap
>>
>>32329101
>no flashlight
How do you even manage to see the laser?
>>
File: v2noobadvice.png (56KB, 1812x1302px) Image search: [Google]
v2noobadvice.png
56KB, 1812x1302px
>>32329402
Does this make you feel better?
>>
>>32329402
>reliable
>can use shitty steel ammo without problems
>excellent customer service
>cheap
>will kill just as good as a glock brand glock
there's literally nothing wrong with hi-point other than looking wierd
>>
>>32330723
if it doesn't work you can always hit them with it
>>
>>32330682

>Walther P22

GTFO with that zinc-cast shit.
>>
>>32330771
And what would be better for babbys first pistol?
>>
>>32328877
Two points for you.

Get any sort of ZAMAK gun and practice.

Make sure you get permitted.

God Speed OP.
>>
>>32329402
LCP sucks cock.

It is an unpleasant gun to shoot.
>>
>>32330757
Ok Boris, you sneaky fucking russian
>>
>>32328877
how do you vote? if you vote for dems and liberals, sorry bucko you reap what you sow. you dont deserve shit if you vote against the constitutional rights of america
>>
>>32330895
go away /pol/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.