[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C39V2 RPK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 13z0a55.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
13z0a55.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
Okay /k/. Does anyone have legitimate, actual reasoning why I shouldn't get a C39V2 RPK? Found one for $1000, and I've already got an AK, but I've vaguely heard people shit on the C39V2

I want actual shit that is wrong with it, not "well, it's an American made AK, so..." Does the bolt tear itself apart like the RAS47? Does it have any actual documented issues?

If it's absolutely the most awful fucking thing to ever exist, does anyone know of another sub $1400ish RPK style AK?

i wanna into rpk
>>
>>32324009
Besides a possible out of spec magwell, canted gas block/fsb, bad headspacing/soft bolt that falls out of headspace?
Romanian AES-10b. Couple years ago aimsurplus dumped their last ones for about $500. Wish I'd jumped on that train.
>>
The trunnion and bolt on the C39 series are cast metal, causing deformation and eventual catastrophic failure. AKOU has shown pics of two separate KBs on Century RAS47s (which use the same bolt/trunnions) in the past month.

At $1K, you can find an AES-10B or possibly even a kit build. Do that instead.
>>
>>32324066
>C39
>Cast trunnion
Do they seriously cast the entire fucking receiver?
>>
>>32324009
As far as being an rpk goes, the barrel length is about all they seem to get right on it.
It's a complete franken-rpk.
>>
>>32324089
My mistake, forgot the C39s are milled.

At any rate, the bolt is cast, which will cause deformation and a loss of headspacing eventually.
>>
This is all good info, thanks guys. I've got a C39V1 that has the most beautiful wood stock set I've seen, and despite all of the supposed casting issues, I can't let her go. The wife got attached to it and would kill me if I did, anyway.

AES-10B seems like a good options, appreciate the recommendations
>>
File: 20161210_002156.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_002156.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>32324089
No because they're milled... people who don't know anything about the C39 are frequently the ones bitching about them...
>>
>>32324066
Citation needed on KBed RAS.

James Yaeger had 2 blown up RASs 1 from a squib, and one from being firedvwith the barrel being stuck in the ground, I think you got the two confused... and Squibs and misuse aren't the fault of the rifle.
>>
>>32324066
You're an absolute fucking retard.
>>
>>32324417
>>32324510
kys poorfags
>>
>>32324554
two separate guns, fyi
>>
>>32324148
You can definitely find a nice AES-10B for around 1K, maybe less if you get lucky.
>>
all century is fucking trash

save up and get something better
>>
>>32324572
I'm in full damage control desu, I thought it wasn't actually an RAS til I saw the bolt carrier had lightening cuts in it like my C39V2. Are those your pics or AKOU? If it's AKOU I'm still going to buy one because they're cheap and I like AKs, but if these are your pics and they'll allahuakbar under regular use (and not from retarded "pushup tornado xtreem river drop under a car" test) then I'll definitely reconsider.
>>
>>32324992
those are akou's pics. its your money, buy whatever you want.
>>
File: IMG_9187.jpg (154KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9187.jpg
154KB, 960x720px
>>32324992
Those are from AKOU subscribers, not Rob Ski. It has nothing to do with torture tests, it's because Century casts the fucking bolt, carrier, and front trunnion, parts which were designed to be forged.

These rifles deform and lose headspace from regular use. There's enough evidence for a lawsuit, it's just a matter of time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.