[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consider this open carry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I live in Florida and I usually carry my knife like this every day. It sits right at 4 & 1/8th inches and I'm wondering what /k/'s opinion is on this. I can out it in my pocket so it in concealed but it's much more convenient and comfortable to keep like this. I've asked Leo's and their answers are conflicted.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
In NYC if any part of the knife, including a pocket clip or sheath is visible, it's open carry and illegal. Please Google Florida knife laws and don't rely on cops or 4chan to be familiar with your state and county laws. Cops especially.
>>
>>32324062
Likewise in other states if no part of the knife is showing, including a pocket clip or attached lanyard it is considered an illegally concealed weapon.

Shit varies you really should read your own laws
>>
>>32324062
Ok well I'm not relying. But just seeing what /k/ thinks of this. It's legal to open carry a knife in Florida and conceal a knife of 4". But I'd never say it's anything other than a utility tool.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32323986
FL here

I can help you out.

Carry a fucking gun
>>
File: IMG_4672.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4672.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is my Benchmade Rift Auto. Is it legal to even own this and to shove it in my pocket and hide it or flash it around? I live in Alaska.
>castanza.jpg
>>
>>32323986
read your own states laws.

>google

like holy shit its pretty cut and dry usually on knives.
>>
>>32325168
But can you legally shove it in someone's jugular?
>>
>>32325250
Probably. We have stand your ground and castle laws. Just make sure everyone on your jury is wearing a baseball cap.
>>
>>32323986
You realize that you can open carry any knife without a license in Florida, right? I've walked around my neighborhood with an 11inch blade bowie knife before.

Open carry ban only applies to guns.
>>
>>32325168
You can do anything in Alaska.

I think that Alaska doesn't even consider pocket knives weapons for purposes of sentencing in most situations.
>>
>>32326013
Yes yes
But guys, thats not what I asked. Would YOU consider this open carry or concealed. There is no middle ground. So to ME this is open carry because I can definitely SEE it.
>/k/ as usual cannot into direct questions.
>>
>>32323986

When it comes to law, never ask /k/ or cops. We are not experts on the law, chances are some one will just troll you. Better off just asking a lawyer, shit even a law student is a better choice over /k/ and leo.
>>
>>32323986
>>32327251
The thing about FL law is it can be kinda grey sometimes. A lot of things can be up to the officers discretion like what is and isn't concealed carry. I'm fairly certain (and this is where you should start googling) that you can legally CC but the blade has to be 6in or under.

To answer your question, assuming your shirt isn't covering it, I would consider it open.
>>
>>32327736
>Ok well I'm not relying. But just seeing what /k/ thinks of this. It's legal to open carry a knife in Florida and conceal a knife of 4". But I'd never say it's anything other than a utility tool.
>>
>>32323986
>I live in Florida
cant carry fixed blades you dumbshit. Did you even read up on knife laws?
>>
>>32323986
Since 'your and' retard.

http://www.knifeup.com/florida-knife-laws-explained/

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.001.html

If you got a CWL, then yes, you could carry a fixed blade knife concealed, but as to you carrying a fixed blade with the handle sticking out ur ass and trying to claim its a "common pocketknife" is like shitting in a starbucks cup and trying to sell it as a $7 crappuccino...
>>
>>32325168
In my state, all fixed blades are illegal, and any folder over 4 TOTAL inches is illegal.

Luckily these are not enforced.
>>
>>32327902
According to the definition provided in 790.001(3)(a) enumerates several weapons and also includes "other deadly weapon carried on or about a person...to conceal the weapon from the ordinary sight of another person." 790.001(13) includes in the definition of a "weapon" any knife except "a common pocket knife, plastic knife, or blunt bladed table knife."
>to conceal from the ordinary sight of another person
>>
>>32327933
"Common pocket knives" have to have essentially no fighting features. No serrations, no guards.. So this Becker bk 16 should be fine
>>
Somehow CA knife carry laws aren't too bad. I can conceal any length folding knife or openly carry any length fixed blade. Some cities or counties have stricter laws though.
>>
why not carry a bowie knife?
>>
>>32325168
Fucking Alaska. Everything but recreational tacnukes at the price of warmth and closeness to anything but ice.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.