[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the c-clamp/thumb over bore/magpul grip a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: JTMZN7N.jpg (269KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
JTMZN7N.jpg
269KB, 1280x853px
Is the c-clamp/thumb over bore/magpul grip a meme
>>
Yes and no

Yes because it's fucking tacticool meme that tryhards super over exaggerate to a comical degree thinking it'll make them a better shooter

No because it actually works pretty well
>>
>>32323620
only for retards here
>>
>>32323620
yes its fucking gay and doesn't work for shit
>>
File: sadness.png (10KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
10KB, 253x199px
>>32323634
>tfw my manlet arms cant do this comfortably.
>>
It works just fine. Just know that there are better grips for almost every situation. You will also look autistic as fuck doing it.
>>
>left handed
Haha, yeah... Totally just a meme...
>>
obviously. most combat shooting is prone and unless your shooting off your mag its a useless grip. absolute trash from sitting position as well. it might be good for shooting stationary pieces of steel at 15 yards with a muzzlebreak on your 5.56.
>>
https://youtu.be/j22CGzs5Vik?t=423
>>
It's the backed up by the "point at what you're looking at." Meaning your dominat eye lines up with your finger points something. So if you do that you gain percents on seconds, and quicker follow on shots if you are using it correctly. You can't just grab something like this and start keyholing shots. It is more toward a CQB moving environment not a bounding and taking cover one.
>>
>>32323620
That's the stance girls use because they're too weak to properly hold a rifle and handle the recoil
>>
>>32323649
Whereas if I fully extended my left arm like in op's pic my hand would be grasping air eight inches in front of the muzzle.
>>
File: 1420418902235.jpg (42KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1420418902235.jpg
42KB, 454x453px
>>32324278
>Keyholing shots

Anon I don't think that means what you think it means.
>>
>>32323620

gay as fuck and useless in the vast majority of contexts

it kinda works if your rifle has a giant brake or you are shooting a no recoil 22lr so you don't need any sort of vertical force to resist upward muzzle flip
>>
>>32323620
I'm not a manlet and it's very awkward. Maybe with a 22" barrel and full length handguard, Maybe I could strike that pose.
>>
I was told(and it seems true)...
For consistency you always want to keep the same cheekweld and sight picture and grip.

So hold your rifle in a way you get bone on bone alignment in standing, kneeling, and prone.

I have a 12" fsp rail on a 14.5 carbine. I found out the stock m4 handguard is actually the right length. I'm 6'2" btw

So fuck you for what its worth but again it seems to help considerably
>>
It's bullshit magpul dynamic garbage. Put down the DVD's and look at what actual oper8rs are doing.
>>
>>32323620
>stock bumped 2 clicks
jesus I never realized costa was such a manlet

[spoiler] or that his favorite number was four [/spoiler]
>>
>>32323620
It's fine for three gun shooters who shoot for 1 minute then take a break for a couple hours.
Running around all day, doing combat shit, tires you out real fast, and ain't nobody doing thumb over bore then.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.