[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VEPR 54r Mags just went live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: Vepr mags.jpg (426KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vepr mags.jpg
426KB, 768x1024px
PSA for all 54r VEPR owners

C Specs sale of 10 round all steel 54r mags just went live. Their website says they have 1000 mags TOTAL in stock. I just bought 6 of them. They are expensive at $52 each, but as we all know, there are no other comparable products available. Shipping was cheap, only 8 bucks. Order while they are available, the rep on the phone told me they are expected to sell out within hours.

>I am not a C Specs shill. Just trying to alert my fellow VEPR bros about this goddamn magazine that we've been waiting literal years for. If this shit works, it will fix the Achilles heel of this rifle. Fingers crossed
>>
Forgot the link

http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-7-62x54r-10-round/
>>
File: loading tool.jpg (294KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
loading tool.jpg
294KB, 800x600px
They are including these loading tools for free.

They also have "coasters" which I am pretty sure are just mag bodies that they fucked up and are trying to resell. Coasters are flat pieces of steel with milled out circular ring for drinks. At 2.5 inches wide though, I'm not sure what they expect you to fit on there.
>>
Trying to help you bros out

Hopefully someone notices this thread

If I can save even one person from SGM tactical's shitty polymer "no heavy ball" mags, then I will be happy
>>
OP i don't own a vepr but those look badass. Have a bump
>>
Update

Just checked their stock again, over 325 mags sold in 1.5 hours. That's damn near a third of their total inventory.

They could be gone by lunchtime.

So far no replies from the few other VEPR bros, hoping you guys notice me sempai before mags are out of stock.

Don't miss out on this shit!
>>
>>32323103

Thanks man

I'm trying hard to help some people out here. 308 VEPR owners are always talking about their mags as a reason why 308 is better. Now the playing field has been leveled.

I'm just hoping the other guys here buy them before they are gone. We have all bitched about the shitty mags for this rifle in every thread, and now the solution is available.

I just hope I can reach them in time.
>>
File: 20160915_115857.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_115857.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Bumping with my rifle
>>
File: P1030253.jpg (448KB, 843x879px) Image search: [Google]
P1030253.jpg
448KB, 843x879px
>>32322972
It's about time vepr owners got some decent 10rd mags, even if they are long single stacks.
I hope they work as advertised
>>32323119
>Now the playing field has been leveled.
Not leveled, but closer, assuming they work right.
308 still has double stacks. I'm still waiting for 20rd 54r mags that aren't going to be ridiculously long.
>>
>>32323026
It'll fit a pop can.
>>
>>32323203

Not sure if 20rd 54r mags are realistic

I have been following C Specs production of these magazines for the last 6 months and don't think they could engineer it. They said it took all of their engineering prowess to produce this. They tried 15 rounder prototypes but had reliability issues.

But thanks sempai. These magazines have been a lone time coming and I'm excited that my VEPR is now a legitimate DMR instead of a range toy.

308 mags are better, even after this, but my slavaboo feelings prevented me from buying a rifle in 308. Also, and people laugh, but I really love my m44 and ammo commonality is a big deal.
>>
>>32323252
>Not sure if 20rd 54r mags are realistic
I'm not so sure either. Seems like it would be a disaster.
It sounds like it's been hard enough to get 10rd mags to work reliably up till now.
>>
I can say with personal expericence, csspec mags are worth the money. Im not speaking about the 54r mags, but generally csspec mags work well and are durable.
>>
>>32323269

Yes, the 10 rounds were very difficult to produce. I spent probably half an hour on the phone with them in the last few months, and the rep gave me many details

The email sent out announcing the sale of the mags said that due to the design of the rifle, fitting may be required to get the mags to work properly. I have no experience with metalworking and hope this isn't true. Something about how the trunion is riveted into the receiver caused problems that they didn't experience with the 308 mags.

Also, and this is totally speculation on my part, but I am pretty sure that QC on these mags was shooting a bunch of rounds through stranger's rifles down there in florida. The rep told me that they have only been tested in about 6 rifles. I have a feeling they offered free products to anyone willing to drive and meet them with their guns.
>>
>>32323252
>it took all of their engineering prowess to design this
i believe it honestly. Dragunov said it took him over a year to design the magazine for the SVD alone, he actually had the rifle completed before the magazine iirc?
>>
>>32323322

That's really interesting, I did not know that.

I hope it works out for these guys. Kudos to them for leaping into unknown territory and helping out us 54r owners.

Sales on the mags have slowed down BTW. Roughly 650 remaining. They have only sold 20 in the last half hour.
>>
>>32323307
Get a file, figure out where it isn't fitting/leaving wear marks when you try to insert it, then file it down there slowly
>>
>>32323357

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but we'll see.

I just need to figure out how to incorporate this into my SADF rig. Not sure if they will be too wide for the pouches, and padding the bottom of each mag slot is obvious.
>>
File: 1477597126078.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1477597126078.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>32323220
>pop
>>
File: mag coaster.jpg (503KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mag coaster.jpg
503KB, 1024x768px
>>32323425

Here's a pic of the mag coaster

Not sure if it's worth it. I can't fit a mug on that think and I don't drink anything that comes from a can.

Literally no one has bought one though.
>>
This thread has been up for two hours and no one else has been confirmed to buy the mags.

I'm slightly disappointed
>>
>>32323539

Expensive rifle with meh proprietary magazine using a cheap surplus cartridge not as popular as previously thought. News at 11
>>
>>32323575

>$800 for a rifle is expensive
lol poorfag

>meh proprietary magazines
I wasn't aware that a high quality, American made, all steel magazine was "meh"

>cheap surplus cartridge
Because affordable surplus and widely available commercial loads in a variety of projectiles is apparently a bad thing

>Not popular
Currently unknown, the rifle isn't exactly available in large amounts.

Try harder troll
>>
>>32323575
>cheap surplus cartridge
There is plenty of good non-surplus ammo for it you half-wit. Winchester makes some nice heavy soft points for it. There is a range near me that lets you take stuff there to shoot up like old furniture and those soft points rekt anything they hit. Lot of fun to take that gun to that range.
>>
File: hands.jpg (237KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
hands.jpg
237KB, 1024x683px
OP here

Mags are now half sold. 500 REMAIN

Y'all better hurry the hell up. Will probably be gone by evening.
>>
Wow, /k/ is actually useful for once
>>
>>32323714
>affordable surplus

Not for long.
>>
If they have the tooling there's no reason they can't make more batches

Also goddamn, designing mags for rimmed cartridges sounds like its pretty difficult
>>
>>32324296

Your welcome. I hope you bought some.

>>32324341
Asked them on the phone about this. These mags are going to be a limited run. They said that a second batch is likely but not guaranteed. Don't risk it if you own a 54r rifle. Just buy them in bulk now. I bought 6.

And yes, rimlock is a bitch. Each successive cartridge is pushed a little farther forward than those behind it. Eventually, you end up with a massive offset between the bottom and top.
>>
>>32324652
I've been following this over in AK files, he has another batch coming next week or so. They are also trying to go to 15 rounders, which he had some finished and treated with this current batch for further testing. So there will be more, don't worry, and it is likely we will see the 15 rounders next.

Also, I just ordered one.
>>
>>32324802

OP here

15 rounders would be cool, but I live in a cuck state and don't know anyone who lives out of state. Plus, r e l i a b i l i t y. Thats why they went with 10 rounds
>>
>>32324858
Well now you know me, that lives in a free state.

>reliability
Yes, they think they worked out the issue with the 15 round mag, hence why he had a few that were finished with the current 10 round batch so they could continue testing. If all goes well and they can work it out, future batches will be 15 rounders and they will drop the 10 rounders. We will see
>>
>>32324942

Thanks bruh

Good luck with the 15 rounders. I won't pretend the 10 rounder is better if they improve the larger mags. I hate it when fellow cuck state residents argue for sks's over ak's and try to compensate
>>
>>32324331
2 months ago I would have agreed with you, but with Trump in the office as of January, he is going to open up trade deals. I wouldn't be surprised if a shitload of ammo finds it's way here
>>
>>32325007
Well I'll be sure to smuggle some 15s to you if they get them working and launched.

AK is better, but I won't lie I have an SKS in a tapco stock with a 30 round mag and it's actually really fucking nice in that setup. Feels great, 30 rounds. That said though it is a /2\ and I haven't seen another one or found much info on that factory so I'm going to convert it back to original configuration one if these days when I buy a wood stock and bayonet because it is at least rarer than the other factories.

But then, I love the way it feels and shoots in that crapco stock so much him totally going to buy the cheapest SKS I can find to put into that crapco stock lol
>>
File: 1481072910891.jpg (49KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481072910891.jpg
49KB, 306x480px
>>32324652
Okay, I respect that
I know firsthand that businesses, logistics, manufacturing, etc is very difficult, especially with limited capital, and of course getting the metal and machine time for 1,000 mags is no easy feat, especially if theyre made out of steel.
Do these mags fit nuggets? Or would that require bubbafication?

>tfw cuckstate noguns
pretty cool shit tho and I love to see weapons development, I hope the company does well
maybe I'll buy a couple mags in anticipation of getting uncucked or moving
>>
File: 100_4202.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
100_4202.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>32323203
>>32323252
>>32323322
I know some people out there modify finnish lahti saloranta LMG mags to be used in a psl
>>
>>32325461
I think people have done similar things with bren magazines.
>>
>>32323203
what magazine is this?

I didn't think double stack 54r magazines were a thing because of the rim
>>
File: P1060935.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1060935.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>32325519
It's for a psl. The psl is pretty easy to get in the states, and I love the thing.
The svd, al kadesih and yugo m91 use doublestacks too. I think the m91 uses svd mags though.
>>
>>32325670
ah, okay. I've seen PSLs around but it seems like their heyday is over, I don't think they or their parts are being imported anymore in large quantity. Looks like the Vepr is the hot new semiauto for 54r
>>
>>32322972
Thanks for the heads up OP, the original Russian ones are total dogshit. My 5 rounders expand making them hard to insert the mag into the rifle.
>>
>>32325519
those look like Psl mags
>>
>>32325719
part kits/parts are still available but no one is importing/making them anymore but their heyday was over the moment they started selling $1000+ and everyone started calling them true dragonuvs
>>
>>32323322
One odd thing with PSL mags is they are serialized with the rifle. Couldn't figure out why until I got one unserialized.

The front lug is actually ground down to fit each gun. So this unserialized one had a ton of extra material on this lug. Took a lot of careful work to grind it to where it would reliably lock up into the gun and actually come out.
>>
>>32325926
>>32323322
forgot to say it but, re: my PSL example, is I believe it when it took awhile for the SVD mags to work and understand while these for the VEPR took time.
>>
>>32322972
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I bought 5. Shipping was also 8 jewish shekels. Must be some sort of flat rate. They had 400-something left when I checked out.
>>
The ones I bought earlier already shipped, these guys are pretty quick
>>
>>32326942

No problem bruh

Just doing my civic duty
>>
File: 1469559233672.jpg (1005KB, 3456x1946px) Image search: [Google]
1469559233672.jpg
1005KB, 3456x1946px
Bought 2. Can't wait for them to turn up!
>>
>>32326985
Yeah mine shipped within an hour. Never used csspecs but I'm already a fan. 54r VEPR mags and fast shipping? Can't as for more. Except maybe some shekels to order my stock from CNC warrior *grumble*
>>
Anon you glorious Kirschner. You are the Kalashnikoviclause to my Chechmas this year.
>>
>>32322972
How hard would it be for them to nigger rig a bren mag to fit a vepr magwell? I've seen pictures of a NVA/VC SVT-40 rigged to use un modified bren mags
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.