[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What goes in a basic medical kit/trauma kit etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: TraumaKit.jpg (658KB, 1260x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TraumaKit.jpg
658KB, 1260x1000px
I want to know the bare minimum for a medical kit/ Truama kit w/e the proper terminology is. Basically what I would need to patch myself or someone else up after a gunshot wound, knife wound or any other nasty wound. I would look on the youtubes but It seams like a lot of channels are bought out and shilling for certain companies that provide them with gear. I just need a basic bare bones cheap as possible kit. Is it worth buying one of the kits that are already put together? Any knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
>>
TQ
bandages

would be the absolute bare minimum

add gloves, scissors, quikclot, israeli bandage, chest seals if you want

personally not a fan of the nose tube but it does have a purpose. add lube if you are using a tube.
>>
>>32321918
lube for a tube? I am sorry I am 100% new to first aid other than the tiny bit of knowledge I retained from BoyScouts.
>>
>>32321887
Tourniquet
gauze
combat gauze or other gauze with hemostatic agent
H-bandage of Israeli bandage
gloves
chest seals
Shears
>>32321937
NPA - Nasal Pharyngeal Airway
Inserted into nostril, just use patients blood to lube it.
>>
>>32321887

a band-aid and lollipop
>>
>>32321975
kek
>>
>>32321887
The stuff in my IFAK
>>
>>32321965
Also add socks and motrin

You should also take a class on how to use this stuff. Having the equipment is only half of it.
You don't buy a gun for self defense and don't practice with it. (even though many people do) So dont just buy the gear and think you're done.
>>
>>32322003
After I have all my ducks in a row as far a gear I do plan on getting some training.
>>
>>32322035
Good shit
Best training I got in the Muhreens was the live tissue training we did on live pigs.
Great training, wish I could do it again. Not something you can get away with as a civilian though. There's a leaked video of it somewhere that PETA got ahold of. Marines United trolled their facebook post. It was glorious.
>>
>>32322051
Live tissue training on pigs? I gotta check this shit out!
>>
>>32321887
ONLY PACK SHIT YOU'RE TRAINED TO USE. Do you know what nasal pharyngeal airway is? Do you know how dress a sucking chest wound? Do you know how to apply a tourniquette correctly?
>>
>>32322051
Do they still do the LTT on pigs? Or did the Military cave into SJW on this one?
>>
>>32322077
Still doing it last I hear. It's too good of training to do away with.
>>
Take a first aid class. The kit is useless if you don't know how to use it
>>
File: IMAG0324.jpg (2MB, 4224x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0324.jpg
2MB, 4224x2368px
>>32321887
Pic related is my kit, off the top of my head (took pic a few weeks ago) includes:
Scissors
Razor blade/scalpel
Tweezers
Large & small plasters
Neoprene gloves
Clotting agent
Triangular, square & rectangular bandages
Gauze wraps & safety pins
Medical tape
Antiseptic wipes
>>
File: 20160822_211122.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160822_211122.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Here.
>>
>>32322077
Just did BCT 3 earlier this year.

We did Goats.

It was great fuckin training.

As you were, BEST medical training I ever received even before reaching the live tissue lab.
>>
>>32322074
>ONLY PACK SHIT YOU'RE TRAINED TO USE.
This again. If you're just getting some basic red cross training about the most advanced piece of kit you're going to need is a tourniquet.
>>
Mines pretty bare bones ATM. Exam gloves, 6" Izzy bondage (need to switch to a 4"), medical tape. Medical shears.;

Need to add a TQ. Previous theory was that in SHTF if I needed to apply a TQ then I'd probably be fucked anyway, but my opinion has changed somewhat. Same for a chest seal to a lesser extent, but I'll probably still leave that out.

In a more expanded kit I have painkillers, a few medicines, antibiotic cream, ect but I was trying to keep my "oh shit" kit more slimmed down for accessibility.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-08-25.png (70KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-08-25.png
70KB, 600x1024px
>>32325028
Also, here's this if anyone interested. Medic bag carried by 82nd in A'stan a few years back.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-08-33.png (136KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-08-33.png
136KB, 600x1024px
>>32325085
Cont
>>
>>32321965
If you use a tourniquet and don't have an ambulance coming, their limb will come off causing more damage
>>
>>32322051
Ummm...

There are Paramedic programs that still sedate and perform cardiac procedures on pigs as well as surgical airways before dissection. My program switched to dead pigs because of cost, but I know of two others that were associated with Medical schools that still do this.
>>
>>32327612
False. Modern studies have shown that TQs can be on for hours without any damage to the limb. And you shouldn't be using a TQ unless you have severe arterial bleeding that puts your life at risk.
If you're in the middle of nowhere and have to hike to civilization you can loosen the TQ after a while to see if the bleeding has stopped.
>>
>>32321887
My medkit consists of more bullets. It's much more effective if you think about it.
>>
>>32321887
Your bare essentials should include bandages, gauze, and antiseptic. Everything else should be determined by your particular situation and potential dangers I.E. are you hiking in the mountains, getting shot at in the desert, ect ect
>>
I think the exact nature of the kit dictates its contents.

Antiseptic, Band-Aids, and antihistamines, IMO, have no place in a dedicated IFAK/blowout kit. This needs to be the essentials for stopping traumatic bleeding. Tourniquet, combat gauze, Israeli bandage, ect.

In your pack, BOB, ect should be an expanded kit containing meds, changes of bandages, regular Band-Aids, ointment/neosporum, tweezers, ect.
>>
>>32321887
alot of good ideas for my medkit in here. but where do you guys get your morphine, i mean for the pain of course.
surely its something that should be in every medi-pack kit
>>
File: 1450320355426.jpg (84KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1450320355426.jpg
84KB, 500x282px
>>32328344
>i mean for the pain of course
>>
>>32325085
>>32325101
Source? Is it PDF?
>>
>>32328546
Nevermind I searched up Modern Warriors combat load and I found it.

God I am stupid.
>>
>>32328344
If you're going on a long expedition you should consult with a doctor. He will give you appropriate vaccinations for the area and probably provide you with antibiotics and pain meds and instruct you on appropriate usage.
>>
>>32328620
how extensive of an expedition is necessary to be allowed real antibiotics and pain meds like morphine?
>>
just pack what you can use.
For me, that's super glue, alcohol, gauze and a shit ton of ACE wrap. Anything that takes more than that and I honestly don't have the skill to fix it, anyways. Tourniquet+gauze is the limit of my abilities.
>>
>>32328673
It's literally just up to the physician. If you know your doctor well and he knows that you are responsible and smart he's more likely to prescribe. I don't think there are any real guidelines.
>>
>>32321887
However much gauze you think you need, double it.
These guys mentioned live tissue training, biggest thing I took from it was you can solve a lot of bleeding issues, IF you have a shit load of gauze. One little pack of quicklot won't cut it.
>>
is fish antibiotics really worth getting?
>>
>>32329070

I've used fish MOX for a tooth infection. Shit works, its literally the same thing as prescribed amoxicillin.
>>
"I want to know the bare minimum for a medical kit/" - Answer: Knowledge.
>>
>>32330343
This
Everybody wants lists of what to put in their kit, but that's backwards. If you actually had enough skills to do anything, you would know exactly what you need.
>>
activated charcoal

epipen

silvadene

neck brace

Depends on what you're preparing for.
>>
>>32328065
You wont be able to use those bullets if you are bleeding out nigga.
>>
>>32332327
>place gun in mouth
>pull trigger
>medical issue solved
>>
>>32327612
That's a super retarded statement, and you should feel fucking ashamed for stating it.

What is better?
>bleeding out in minutes?
Or
>possibly losing an arm in 19 hours?

Hmmmmm.....
>>
>>32321918
/thread
>>
>>32332327
>not stuffing your wound with bullets

It's like you dont even want to go full operator
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.