[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for vets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: 55a.png (473KB, 680x515px) Image search: [Google]
55a.png
473KB, 680x515px
Question for iraq and Afghanistan veterans: have you ever seen, in person, a female soldier, marine, etc. fire their weapon at or kill insurgents/taliban?
Pic unrelated
>>
I never went overseas so i dunno
>>
>>32319051
I said iraq and Afghanistan veterans, retard
>>
I'm a veteran of the meme war. AMA.
>>
>>32319142
I know
>>
>>32319215
did you ever get tired of winning?
>>
>>32318960
No. No woman has ever killed a man in war. At least, not for the US.

But to answer your question, no, never saw it.
>>
Pretty sure i've seen some videos of lady helicopter pilots turning insurgents into fine mist
>>
>>32320482
There was a point at Kek Sahn where I thought I was tired, they had us against the wall, but we pulled through.
>>
>>32318960

A female? No was muhreen Infantry we didn't have females back then.

We had some Army Intel/journalist lady on a few patrols. Nothing popped off, but I could tell if it did she probably wasn't suited for combat.
>>
>>32321589
you kill anyone?
>>
>>32318960
plenty of pilots did it from the sky
>>
Not in person, but I've heard stories from friends that have worked with Female Engagement Teams.
FET is good for getting intel from females and such and they see more combat then any other females in the military.
The guy I talked to said he had 2 FET members attached to his company. He was on patrol, took contact. One of the females goes full Muhreen and retaliates like we're trained. The other cowers in fear. That can be said for some male marines in their first firefight, but it's a small percentage, not 1 in 2.
Also, I've heard countless other stories of Wooks causing issues overseas. Getting pregors, wasting WagBags, needed security from Afghan soldiers as they showered, lying about getting raped after fucking half the platoon, time of the month and out of tampoons, Etc.

I'm so glad I never had to work with them directly.
>>
Had them in Sangin. Turtled behind cover during any kind of incoming. Talked a big game. Kicked out of our AO.
>>
Any of you vets in the marines, I've been thinking about joining but idk what kind of shape I need to be in to make it, I'm kinda fit but nothing to write home about
>>
>>32321814
It's almost as if there's a thread about military enlistment. You should try there.
>>
>>32321814
can you do pullups, crunches and run.
If so, then you're gtg. If not, the DEP will get you there.
>>32321822
I stay far away from that thread. I just imagine it's a bunch of poolies talking out of their ass and chairforce fags thinking they rate.
>>
>>32321600
Dickhead question.

Yes. I'm not going to discuss it.
>>
>>32321600
You don't ask people that.
The ones that have usually don't talk about it. Only to other marine/soldiers if they do.
Those that do gloat and talk about it to civilians are usually lying or really just dgaf.
>>32321906
What unit?
>>
File: atwar-afghan-poster-blogSpan.jpg (40KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
atwar-afghan-poster-blogSpan.jpg
40KB, 480x361px
>>32318960
No, I never even saw female service members outside the wire.

I saw plenty of female pogs in leatherneck drinking smoothies and playing volleyball though.
>>
>>32322165
STRONK
>>
File: women in combat.jpg (1MB, 1860x1880px) Image search: [Google]
women in combat.jpg
1MB, 1860x1880px
13F with a trip to Afghanistan here, nobody on the ground except at FOBs, but there were a decent amount of females dropping ordnance and they were just as professional as the other pilots.
>>
>>32318960
Had a sexy 240 gunner during my deployment to Afghanistan while on outside the wire patrols.
But nothing happened during my deployment aside from the base getting bombed twice weekly, so no action.
>>
File: nigga-you-gay.jpg (48KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
nigga-you-gay.jpg
48KB, 720x540px
>>32323871
>sexy 240 gunner
>>
>>32321906
Fuck you faggot. If you're going to claim you're a serviceman and encourage people to ask you anything, then don't pout when they ask something you don't like. At this point, I regard you in the same way I would a poster claiming to be female and then failing to

a) post tits

Or

b) gtfo

The real dickhead is you. Go whine somwhere else.
>>
>>32323840
This reminds me of a book I just read where the JTAC had a female jet pilot relaying instruction to the FOB about needing a grid on a 'dick building'. All while in the middle of a firefight.
>>
>>32318960
No. Astan.
>>
File: soldier.png (117KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.png
117KB, 400x395px
>>32323871
>you will never be in a close-quarters firefight with a badly-trained female machine gunner, watching her desperate expression as she struggles to keep the heavy gun level with her slender feminine arms, brass casings occasionally glancing off of her and singing her, on the verge of tears as she realizes what a mistake it was to be a soldier, and how hopelessly outclassed she is by you, now that you have her cut off from the rest of her squad, you quick-reload your AK as she is fumbling with a new belt you put two bullets into her thick tender thigh, causing her to drop with a yelp, as you approach her ready to finish her off you shoot several more times, disabling her machine gun, and shooting a gaping hole in her hand as she reaches for her sidearm, then watching as she writhes helplessly in pain, sobbing as she realizes she is about to die, the fear pounding in her chest and ears and completely drowning out all sense of reason, she becomes hysterical from the pain and terror, and you realize that shooting her now would be too easy, so you watch her for a few moments, shooting her other hand when she tries to reach for her gun, then putting a few more rounds into her calves as "punishment," and looking at her face covered in tears, her round blue eyes shining, begging you for mercy, but instead you raise your AK and put a single bullet through her chest, watching her twitch as it shreds her spine and paralyzes her, looking into her still-living eyes as her lungs stop and she is unable to move or breathe or even scream, only to die, utterly at your mercy, as you stare deep into her eyes
>>
OP here.
This fag
>>32321600
is not me. Just want to clear that up.
Thanks for sharing guys, it's just a random thing I was curious about after I read about a female Medal of Honor recipient who killed a few insurgents with her M4 in 2005. Since she got the fucking medal of honor for it I assumed it was a rare occurrence. >>32321600
>>
>>32318960
I did 3 tours, 1 in Ramadi and Fallujah, 2 in the area around Kandahar.

The only woman I ever saw fire a weapon at the enemy was an OH-58 pilot from 82nd aviation (call sign Shamus). Heard her over the CAG net all the time, saw her in person and she was a sexy as fuck Latina. She was bloodthirsty just like everyone else with a Shamus callsign. She would throw grenades out of the cockpit, open her hatch and start picking off Hajis with an M4. If I ever see her again, I'm going to propose to that glorious Valkyrie.
>>
>>32324469
you forgot the part where me dick is out
>>
File: kiowa pilots civilian life.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kiowa pilots civilian life.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>32324614

a female Kiowa pilot sounds like the sexiest thing in existence
>>
>>32318960
Nope.

I was in a III/V platoon. We did a LOT of convoys, and a fair number of foot patrols during the surge. Because I was in a III/V platoon, we had a bunch of females.

LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME WE TOOK FIRE they cowered in the trucks crying.

Also, because our PL was one of the new-age officers, all the SAWs were assigned to females so we had no crew-served weapons to return fire with.

3 deployments in 5 years, over 100 contacts with the enemy, not a single female ever fired a shot in combat. The first deployment one of them actually got busted from E4 to E1 because she threw all her ammo out of the truck the second we left the FOB because she didn't want to carry it, and we got into contact not 20 minutes later and she had NO FUCKING AMMO despite an hour's worth of PCC/PCI.
>>
File: lol oh58s.jpg (89KB, 1100x385px) Image search: [Google]
lol oh58s.jpg
89KB, 1100x385px
>>32324614
>>32324658
if a kiowa driver doesn't have an m4 kill they don't rate
>>
>>32321671
What's a Wagbag?
>>
>>32324610
but anon there's only been one female MOH recipient, Mary Edwards Walker.

>>32324614
>>32324672
FUCK YEAH

https://youtu.be/beq2T9kKLBw
>>
>>32324658
She really was. Even by stateside standards. She had been at our COP to sit in on a briefing for a mission. I never thought a flight suit could look so damn good, but you could just see that she was fit.
>>
>>32324672
Only because they can't ever hit anything with the weapons mounted on the aircraft.
>1/17th (air) Cav here
Our pilots managed to miss a 3-story-tall, 500,000+ sq ft warehouse from a hover with 4 out of 6 guided fucking missiles at a distance of less than 500m. We routinely got to see the eyeball cam of them shooting up IED emplacement teams with their .50's and not touching anybody with the ~700rds between 2 birds in the SWT. We eventually started using flechette rockets because they couldn't actually kill anything with the HE Hydras.
>>
>>32324678
Trash bag designed to be shit into without tearing or stinking up the truck.

Females would use them all up in a matter of hours, leaving the dudes to shit in MRE bags.
>>
>>32324750
Huh, that makes sense now.
Thanks anon.

How many of said bags are given to a unit?

Also how the hell do they manage to do that??
>>
>>32324678
>WagBags,
You lazy motherfucker. You are literally in front of the largest and easiest depository of collected human information, yet you ask someone else to find this for you? Drown in your own ignorance.
>>
>>32324873
Depends on the unit.

We got a whole pallet of them (some 30,000 bags) every 6 months.

They go through them so fast because they'll use it like a regular trash bag, and use a brand new bag for literally every single piece of trash they have. I have personally witnessed one female use SEVEN wagbags to dispose of the trash from ONE MRE.

On a related note, the issued wagbag is roughly 8 gallons of capacity. You can line a 5gal bucket and have a LOT of bag over the sides. So they're not small. Think standard kitchen trash bag sized.
>>
>>32321671
>not 1 in 2
Theres a problem with small sample sizes.
>>
>>32324877
Well excuse me man.
I wasn't sure that was the official name so that's why I didn't google it.
>>
>>32324719
>I never thought a flight suit could look so damn good
>The goggles become quite thick
>>
>>32324902
C'mon now, it's not like most of the common slang used in the world has at least some form of easily found repository with its actual meaning on the internet.

Doubly so for military slang.

>>32324906
Helo pilots normally wear the 2-piece flight suit. Which has takeup tabs on the top and fits like a normal jacket n' pants.
>>
>>32319263
underrated
>>
>>32324891
Oh okay so a trashbag that's smell proof for all your shitting needs? That's pretty sweet.
I always wondered how those guys took a shit.
Figured they still did it Vietnam style...

>SEVEN wagbags to dispose of the trash from ONE MRE
.....Y-you're kidding right...?
>>
>>32324916
Okay okay you got me there.
Shoulda googled it.
But still it's interesting to hear from actual Vets how it works out there.
Googling is one thing but it's nice to actually have a conversation about it.
>>
File: IMG_1746.jpg (94KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.jpg
94KB, 1080x1920px
>>32324262
Nigger, you did not just say that.
>>
>>32324704
You're right, my bad. My memory was a bit foggy. I think she was awarded something else.
>>
>>32324957
Yeah. Think Hefty Force-Flex with some gel shit in the bottom made up of "good bacteria" to act like a moultrie toilet or permanent outhouse.

No, not kidding. Females are universally buddyfuckers and wasteful cunts.

On foot we still just shit innahole, but when in vehicles we don't stop for piss/shit breaks and there's places it's unsafe to leave the vehicle due to IEDs/leftover mines
>5/25's are a thing for a reason
>>
>>32324469
>not envolving rape while the screams of my enemies surround me
4/10
>>
>>32321906
Not the dbag who asked initially but:
Since this is 4chan and I was always insanely morbidly curious, I've always wanted to know how it feels like to kill a man. I don't have to know the details of how you did it. I just want to know how it feels.
>>
>>32324262
You have the internet disease of always having to be in the right for whatever contrived bullshit reason you can think of.
>>
>>32325100
Most combat kills you have no idea who actually killed the guy because you have anywhere from 6-60 people shooting at him at once. Usually multiple people hit him too.

Between 3 deployments there's only ONE guy I know for a fact I killed, and that's because I'm the only one that shot at him. Was gunner on last vehicle in a convoy and a guy was tailgating like a mofo, went through the complete EoF (wave, brandish, charge rifle, wave again, shoot pen flare at vehicle (which actually bounced off the windshield directly in front of his face), shoot to disable vehicle, shoot to kill). He kept tailgating even with his radiator spewing shit everywhere and 2 blown tires from the 3 short bursts of 7.62 rounds I put into the car so I shot ~10 rounds through the windshield and created a red explosion in the cab before he drifted into oncoming traffic and head-on'd another car. We didn't stop.
>>
>>32321931
2nd Battalion 1st Marines
>>32324262
I never said ask me anything. I've told stories before, archive.
>>32324610
Probably didn't deserve it but got it anyway because women are "not represented enough".
>>
>>32325100
Same guy who asked this question.

>>32325150
I've heard something along the lines of:

Imagine having to make the most important decision of your life and any choice you make will feel horribly wrong after you exit the engagement. It is a highly traumatic event that will fuck you with you for the rest of your life. You remember every detail of the kill and replay it when you try to sleep at night.
>>
>>32325100
It's like putting down a dog. Seriously.

You knew it had to be put down, but you still feel responsible.
>>
>>32319215
Same here brother. What division were you in?
>>
>>32325201
Not the case for me. Everybody's different, but what you're describing sounds more like a self-defense shooting innastates instead of shooting a known enemy that's actively engaging you in combat.

Everybody I killed/was in on killing/attempted to kill absolutely 100% deserved to die, and the situation was about as unambiguous as you get (they shot first and were actively shooting still when I shot back). The only real exception to this was the tailgater, and if nothing else he deserved to die simply for being as monumentally retarded as he was.
>hey this sign that's in every language spoken in the region tells me to back off
>hey this guy with the big fucking gun is gesturing angrily for me to back off
>hey now he's waving a gun at me
>hey now he just shot something that's fucking on fire at me
>hey now he's gesturing angrily at me again
>hey he just shot the shit out of my car
>welp, guess it doesn't mean anything, I absolutely 100% have to be 6 feet off his bumper

There's a lot of dead guys I may have had a hand in deading that I don't remember all that well. The smells, though, those you remember. Very acute, and nothing else smells like it (be it burning hair or gut shots or brain matter). The only one I remember clearly was the tailgater I lit up.

I do have night terrors, but they've got nothing to do with me shooting (at) anything or anybody. I have them from all the shit I couldn't control, like getting mortared constantly or watching my buddy get cut in half by the turret armor when his truck overturned when the side of the dirt road they were driving down sloughed off.
>>
>>32325265
As an aside, one of my psychiatrists described PTSD and night terrors as a "moral injury" and I think that's very accurate. The less ambiguous a conflict is, the more clear-cut the morality of a killing is, the less the human mind has a problem with it.

I would expect snipers and pilots have it the worst since they're rarely actively being engaged by the people they kill, it's very nonpersonal and calculated. I expect it feels a lot like cold-blooded murder.

There's a very good reason why any military worth half a shit does their best to dehumanize the act of killing, both in training and in combat.
>>
>>32318960
>an obvious space jew with no redeeming qualities was exactly what the Hollywood overlords wanted
Top wew
>>
File: 1469822859160.jpg (64KB, 468x604px) Image search: [Google]
1469822859160.jpg
64KB, 468x604px
I was in transportation, so a pog but I did leave the wire constantly for convoys. I was a truck gunner with females in my unit (an ICTC) but I can't recall any of them ever being truck gunners. They mostly got sat in various cargo yards and offices around RC East.
>>
>>32325265
Yeah I would guess different situations might have different psychological consequences.

I have this shitty habit of talking to random people and loners at bars. Me and this former Marine ended up talking about life and shit and by the end of the night we were both very fucked up.
He started talking about his service and the one incident that fucks with him the most is the time he shot the shit out of a car sort of how you described it. He was manning a checkpoint and this car wouldn't stop no matter how much warnings they gave it so the whole team lit it up. Turns out it was some poor Iraqi fucker who borrowed someone's car to go to work because his was in the shop. Unfortunately for him, the brakes were fucked and he got wasted because he couldn't stop his car and he couldn't afford to damage it. Dude paid his tab and left by himself later. I feel kinda shitty he didn't have anyone better to talk to than a 21 year old college student about that kinda shit.
>>
>>32318960
In 2011, My platoon had a FET team attached, just two chicks who did...i dunno, whatever, talked to the local females and stuff. They got into a couple firefights with us, they were okay i guess. Halfway into the deployment, we got a different team, and they were fucking retarded. We did everything we could to convince them not to come on patrols with us.

In 2013, my company was the RC-SW aerial raid force/QRF. we had to go bail out an Army route clearance platoon who got into a firefight, spent all their ammo, and actually lost a fucking KIA. spent all night looking for that poor bastard, finally found his body. Motherfucker died alone, because their dipshit female LT couldnt keep accountability of her troops. Dunno what happened to her, hope she got relieved.
>>
>>32318960
Did George really have to go to jews for permission to make Episode 1, or to get funding? I thought anyone would be willing to hop a thousand fences to slap their name onto whatever had Star Wars in the title, Especially before episodes 1 and 2 came out.

Also, nope. Never went to Iraq of Afghanistan, sorry, OP.
>>
Do Marine Infantry Officers see combat?
2nd Lt?
>>
>>32325756
They see it, but when you take contact they're usually tied down to the radio.
>>
>>32325794
So no real gun shooting then?
I want to serve my country, I want to see combat, but I don't want to work my way up from Enlisted, all the way to a decent liveable wage.
Is that the compromise?
See danger, get paid low.
Stay away from danger, don't shoot, get paid higher
?
>>
>>32325816
No, you'll definitely be in some hairy situations if full deployment tempo were to come back up, but you really won't be operatan unless you were in some kind of SOF. Look at Generation Kill if you want a better feel, and they were a recon unit.

Also if it's only about the money then go into supply or some shit.
>>
>>32325756
If you're the platoon Commander, the platoon is your weapon.
>>
>>32325867
>>32325878
I am not in it for just the money, that is part of it.
In terms of SOF, I know Marines is the only branch to have SOF that requires 3-4 years service before being able to try out for Recon/MARSOC. Will officers be able to try out as well?
>>
>>32325929
Yes, MARSOC was modeled similar to Army SF, team leads are generally captains and come from all sorts of backgrounds, go through the same selection as enslisted. Even the Army mustangs have to pick up O-3 before they let them back into SF.
>>
>>32326002
So MARSOC Officers will more likely than not be Enlisted that get promoted to officers?

Can people switch branches and carry their rank over, and does their years served count towards the 20 years?
Do the 20 years have to be continuous?
>>
>>32321931
It's an anonymous forum fucktard
>>
>>32324262
This. That dude is a fucking queer pussy just looking for attention
>>
>>32322233
Those are some damn fine digits. Do you take checks?
>>
>>32325252

I was in the 707th Queen's Own Record Correctors, 3rd Light Shilling brigade

they tell me our cause was not just but I still believe our only mistake was losing
>>
>>32321906
Dickhead question? lol. That is the same as asking a mechanic what cars they worked on during their day at work. If you're a solider, then you should expect that kind of question.

>hurr durr. Joined military! Defended muh oils... err.. country! Don't wanna talk about it!
>>
>>32325238
Maybe you shouldn't have joined the military then? Don't they have a " feels " exam before you join? Or do you have the cop mentality of " only kill when we need to " kind of thing? Or do you fail to realize that you aren't killing civilized humans who WON'T give 2 fucks when they kill you?
>>
>>32328243
What a fucking pussy response. Are you actually female?
>>
File: IMG_2811.jpg (81KB, 625x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2811.jpg
81KB, 625x549px
>>32324469
What the fuck, dude
>>
>>32328243
Lulz. Don't even have to reply. This guy owned you.>>32328325
>>
>>32318960
Yes. I worked in a prison in southern Iraq. A female killed two different prisoners. It was during separate riots. Detainee broke out and was coming after her with a shiv and she shot him in the face with a "non lethal" torpedo round at around 10ft away. Went through his eye and killed him.

The other she threw a stinger right after I did and mine went off and knocked the detainee to the ground. Hers landed about six inches from his head where he fell and blast into his brain.

On a whole though women are absolutely useless in the military beside morale and office jobs. Even at the prison they were zero fucking help beside that bitch that killed those two. But she was an exception not the norm.
>>
>>32321476
Saw a girl in a turret kill a with a mounted 249 while we did convoy security and took pop shots.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>32325100
This is 100% dependent on the individual, is the thing. The first time I killed a dude I felt amazing, it was better than losing my goddamn virginity. The second time was still pretty exciting. I only got 2.

On the other hand, I had a buddy who got really quiet after he popped a dude. He still did his job just fine but he talked a whole lot less, it was weird.
>>
>>32329978
I'll take things that aren't true for 200.
>>
>>32330054
Just because you're not an edgy cunt doesn't mean I can't be. I killed two Iraqis and I really, really liked it.
>>
>>32318960
She sort of fired in the general direction and had to be pulled behind a wall
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.