[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improvised Mortar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: UpsideDownShell.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
UpsideDownShell.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
If a Red Dawn/Civil War situation took place in the USA, what would we (the insurgents) use as mortars?

In the middle east insurgents have had access to poorly defended weapon caches. Here in the US we don’t have stuff like that. What will we use? Will we just have to fight without weapons like this?

>Inb4 will never happen
Humor me
>>
>>32317510
Well the Hadji's that tried to hit my FOB in Ubaydi climbed a water tower and nig rigged RPGs to fire at the base.

Spoiler, they never managed to hit shit.
>>
>>32317552
>Hakim, this is best idea!
>>
>>32317510
The British home guard improvised some mortars in preparation for German invasion in WWII, we might end up with something like that
>>
>>32317510

Black iron pipe, a string, nail, and spring, You might need a backsaw and some various drill bits, a file would help, and some epoxy would help or far better yet a welder.
>>
>>32317738
hacksaw, rather
>>
>>32317552
abu haj-ABU HAJAR, NO DON'T, DON'T F-
>>
>>32317510
Ragnar Benson. Big Book of Homemade Weapons. Google. You're welcome.

Also, google "Livens Projector" and "Stokes Mortar"
>>
>>32317510
Proabably something similar to the IRA's Barrack Buster.
>>
I kinda wanna make some dummy mortars with a shotgun blank and some PVC now...
>>
the real question is how would we make mortar rounds
>>
>>32319496
piping and a shotgun blank for the propellant, and maybe a larger section of piping for the explosive container. Make a detonator with a BB, some epoxy, and a shotgun primer, and some gunpowder or some other explosive (if you can get your hands on it) as the actual explosive
>>
File: Barrack_buster_feb_2010.jpg (3MB, 3584x3184px) Image search: [Google]
Barrack_buster_feb_2010.jpg
3MB, 3584x3184px
The IRA's got you covered anon
>>
>>32317552

Can confirm, I too was in Ubaydi in 08 when it happened.
>>
>>32317510
>poorly defended weapon caches
America has shitloads of these.

Its actually a big problem with ammo and guns getting stolen from time to time.

Civil War situations in general pretty much guarantee shitloads of defections and raids on overstretched government assets too. Only way most governments have every won a civil war is with massive foreign reinforcement and resupply.
>>
>>32317703
Ours is called mass production of guns which will stimulate the economy so much and make us #1 again and make china recognize eagles on top of dog eaters.
>>
There is a NG armory in my town that over the past years has bfell into disrepair. Tanks from time to time are parked infront and only a small signals unit are based there. There are no armed guards like there used to be, and the gate is completely unammed/unmonitired. Considering the fact i live in a suburban area in MA i would assume that easily capturable NG armories do exist in the US to some extent. There are usualy about 20 cars parked in the parking lot for staff, place would be completely indefensible
>>
>>32319661
that's true and also who wouldn't be handing out the extra guns they have to neighbors to help defend. you really think people will turn on each other if the COUNTRY was at war.
>>
>>32319789
>>32319661
During the battle of athens (wwii veterans vs corrupt police, look it up) the NG literally handed the keys of the armory to the rebels.
>>
>>32319819
yeah well in the scenario I am talking about, I imagine north koreans floating in like in red dawn.
>>
>>32317510

Black powder mortars work well enough

Steel tubing for the mortar itself
>>
>>32319783
>yfw Lexington and Concord are suddenly nationally relevant again
>>
File: IMG_3025.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3025.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
If this guy can steal a tank without much trouble I'd imagine stealing a mortar woulndnt be all that hard
>>
>>32319852
gr9b9m9
or millennial trash
>>
While were on the subject, how easy is it to make IED's with fireworks? I remember some shit like that happejing in central park a couple months ago.

Obviously i assume you wouldnt be able to make anything capable of disabling vehicles or bombing government buildings, but surely you could fuck up someones leg really badly, no?
>>
>>32319620
Must of been the unit we RIPed with, I was 09.
>>
>>32317510
IRA style improvised.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.