[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armchair General Thread: Taiwan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

File: map_ga-taiwan-surf-spot.gif (41KB, 420x498px) Image search: [Google]
map_ga-taiwan-surf-spot.gif
41KB, 420x498px
Defend Taiwan against an invasion from Mainland China.
>>
>>32315536
Nah.
>>
>Place Taiwan under American nuclear umbrella
>ass mad chinks eternally btfo
>>
File: a2ad-pla-tw.png (68KB, 478x525px) Image search: [Google]
a2ad-pla-tw.png
68KB, 478x525px
>>32315536
Ugh... does surrendering and thus preventing the invasion count?
>>
Once conquered its quite the shitshow to get it back with the east side being full of mountains.
>>
>>32315680

The mountains are ideal territory to defend against invasion.
>>
Declare a naval exclusion zone around Taiwan enforced by SSNs and sea mines in the strait.

Broadcast information to the PRC populace about the numbers of troop-ships sunk, including testimony from PoWs.
>>
>>32315536
>Taiwan
I think you mean Chinese Taipei
>>
Why? Taiwan should retake China. Long live the immortal Emperors
>>
>>32316307
SSN suck at the shallow waters around taiwan.

Shit isnt even 20 meters deep at parts.
>>
File: ROCAF Bases.png (918KB, 1998x1827px) Image search: [Google]
ROCAF Bases.png
918KB, 1998x1827px
Literally impossible.

Pic related is the whole extend of Taiwan's airforce.

And all of them are in the range of not only SRBMs but fucking tactical rockets and MRLS.
>>
>>32317688

Formosa then.
>>
>>32317873

You know how much of a pain it was for America to capture Pacific islands? Imagine that on a much larger scale with a much more advanced area.

Personally I would have spent decades developing an underground defense grid, buried in the mountains.
>>
>>32317921
Yeah, Taiwan kinda did that.

Still, it is likely that Taipei will capitulate before the bulk of their military has engaged at all. Their morale isnt that great desu.

Kinda a traditional chinese thing, with military service seen as dishonourable and all.
>>
>>32315536
Give them gooks an ultimatum.
>We'll let china invade
or
>become 51st state?
>>
File: SAF Camo Transition.jpg (637KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
SAF Camo Transition.jpg
637KB, 800x531px
>>32317945
Oh, I think it'll be the contrary. An invasion by the PRC will be an existential threat to them, because they've seen what the CCP have done to Macau and Hong Kong's social fabric with their hamfisted education reforms. They will fight to the death than allow that to happen to their children.

t. Singaporean who served with the Taiwanese army
>>
>>32318008
You are far too melodramatic.

What happened in HK and Macao is nothing but these city-states who relied on being the West's gateway into the Chinese market during China's isolation-age, falling into irrelevancy because western investors now directly go to Shanghai and Guangzhou instead.

Young protesters blaming China for some magical ideological bullshit about freedom and fuckery is just them being mad that they will be unemployed because their cities are economically irrelevant.

Also, Macao is actually pretty OK with China, since they still can bank on gambling as they always did.

Taiwanese people are still Chinese in their culture. And there is nothing Chinese hate more than ruined businesses.

Only through communist indoctrination Chinese will ever have the guts to "hold the line" and fight to the last. In a traditional Chinese cultural upbringing as in Taiwan, it is always "a good man shouldnt become a soldier, just as good iron shouldnt be made into nails".
>>
>>32318008
And even if they fight on, Taiwan is barely 150km apart from China.

China literally floods the island with their own people and soldiers and there is basically no population for them to fight for anymore.
>>
>>32318008
>Oh, I think it'll be the contrary. An invasion by the PRC will be an existential threat to them, because they've seen what the CCP have done to Macau and Hong Kong's social fabric with their hamfisted education reforms. They will fight to the death than allow that to happen to their children.
If what you said was true there would be more DPP voters. But no, at least half of Taiwanese have a cucked mentality towards PRC
>>
>>32318167

Until the Chinese try to run Taiwan like Hong Kong and drive the other half into the arms of the pro-independence movement.

Look how fast the Hong Kong separatist movement has grown, thanks to China's bulldozer approach to dissent.
>>
>>32318213
have you fired the Ultimax?
>>
>>32318305

I have not.
>>
>>32315536
i was actually talking to some /k/ peeps over on arnab stream about hovercraft and how they could be defended against..taiwan would be a likely target. one of the first things to do would be to mine the Tamsui river.
>>
i would blow all the bridges across the Tamsui river...mine the river delta and coastal embankments. I would make a Raven Rock type facility in Xueshan mountain. I would further more reshuffle the air force to cover the north and north east parts of the island and waters in addition to retasking the navy to this same area. I would then conduct area denial operations in the western part of Taipei that we had abandoned putting booby traps in every street,house,roof. I would also train elements of the army in insurgency tactics and give them orders to go to ground and attack rear areas supply lines and ammo/fuel dumps and to target enemy command in particular.
>>
>>32315615
doesn't work like that, fatnik.

They'll just rain down conventional SRBM. That's not a trigger for nuclear escalation.

Oh, and i wish they would rain down some SRBMs on your face too, you worthless sack of shit.

Stop breathing my air.
>>
>>32317732
>immortal Emperors
wtf?

Did you go to public school?
>>
>>32318008
>what the CCP have done to Macau and Hong Kong's social fabric

what have they done? Made Macau richer and gave the worthless HK'ers more freedom? Get a fucking grip. Oh, and read a fucking book.
>>
>>32318213
>Look how fast the Hong Kong separatist movement has grown, thanks to China's bulldozer approach to dissent.

2 digit IQ fags shouldn't be posting.

China has stayed very hands off on the fucking HK'ers. The problem with HK is always about economic deterioration. Beijing used to shield HK from internal competition. For example, forbidding ShenZhen from having truly international flight charters. But this is about to end.

The real issue with HK is the hot money from the mainland driving property prices through the roof, and the decreasing relevance of the city as a hub of entry for FDI.

Before you say something stupid, I want you to know that I had a 7 year assignment at Credit Suisse at HK, which ended in April this year.
>>
File: 1449750257257.jpg (87KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1449750257257.jpg
87KB, 876x493px
>>32318816

Yes, and the people of Hong Kong love China "so" much that support for separatism has massively increased from where it was.

And the more China cracks down in its bull-in-china-shop manner, the more support for independence will grow.

It's a bad sign when an ex-colony waves the flag of its former overlord at rallies.
>>
File: judenschwine.jpg (445KB, 1222x2370px) Image search: [Google]
judenschwine.jpg
445KB, 1222x2370px
EASY.....

>declare Taiwan ancestral homeland of the jews
>urge zionists to protect and zealots to reclaim taiwan for the juden
>entire western world, entire economic industry of the world unites is defending taiwan
>taiwanese "refugees" are sent to sweden

done. China does what's good for busines goyim.
>>
>>32318888

China has hardly "left Hong Kong" alone. They are actively trying to subvert democracy there.

http://www.economist.com/news/china/21706442-new-front-opens-chinas-struggle-against-separatism-city-scares-china
>>
>>32318890
>people
you're fucking dumb. It's called sample size.

Let me take a picture of the KKK pride next time and tell you all about America.

You really want to see the Chinese cracking down? Blow up a subway in HK, see what happens.

Also, let me make it clear to you, HK will never achieve independence, because it's very survival depends on the largess of the mainland.
>>
>>32318930

In other words, don't play sycophantic regime-apologist. You don't do it very well.
>>
>>32318938

Yeah and they no doubt said something similar back then about America when it was still a British colony. We survived independence.

Hong Kong will survive without you.
>>
>>32318888

The economic deterioration is true (HK's real value was as a British hold, as in that sphere their only real competition was London itself) but China has been cracking down on freedom of speech and information there, things most HKers would prefer not to give up.

Not that it truly matters, since HK is a has-been city state that will never EVER break free. Taiwan, however, is a different situation as they are physically separated from China and have a small hinterland to take refuge in.
>>
>>32318930
before I get to the article, I gotta say:

I stopped reading the Economist in highschool when I realized that the reason their articles are anonymous isn't to solely promote a "unified editorial voice", but to shield their subscribers from the fact that the majority of articles are pumped out by fresh grads from LSE with very little intellectual rigor that is acquired by hard years in the field in which they so shamelessly pontificate.

Of course you wouldn't know that, because you're fucking stupid. And most likely poor.

Now, I skimmed the article

"It introduced a rule requiring candidates to sign a declaration that they agree Hong Kong is an “inalienable part” of China, threatening criminal prosecution for doing so falsely."

"recently, for example, by banning teachers from expressing support for independence in schools)"

So basically these fucks have a problem with swearing an oath of office and tries to make the schools an overly political environment, and they got slapped down. What's the big fucking deal?

The real gist of this conversation is that the CCP has done very little to curtail the HK "independence" (really, whiny ass bitch) movement, and you have no real evidence to the contrary.

Go back to school.
>>
>>32318938

>You really want to see the Chinese cracking down? Blow up a subway in HK, see what happens.

As if that is any better. In both situations China is treating HK like shit (at least in comparison to the British) and the end result will be a whiplash.
>>
>>32318988
>We survived independence.

We survived because Britain was an OCEAN away fighting a war against France. You know HK depends on the mainland for fresh water and food, right?

Like seriously, I really want to know the highest level of education you have achieved, at which institution, and I'll write a letter the dean/principle/highschool teacher complaining about the subpar education you received and the waste tax dollars, because you obviously went to a public school.

Fucking retard...
>>
>>32319064

>What's the big fucking deal?

Schools, at least in theory, should be places of open discussion and discourse. This includes allowing teachers to teach what they think is important so long as parents themselves tolerate it.

>(really, whiny ass bitch) movement

any evidence to that? Because HK got a far better deal as a mostly independent British city state than it's getting with China.
>>
china has a bunch of hover craft....how do you defend against them? I would have marksmen aim for the giant fans..and maybe some type of naval mine set up along with giant metal stakes to punch holes in the skirts.
>>
>>32319080
>end result will be a whiplash.

The end result will be a gradual reduction of the HK identity, a further reduction of HK's importance as an economic hub (it was attractive because of stronger property rights and more western legal paradims), and an end to HK's international status when 2047 rolls around.

I would say "trust me, the writings are on the wall", but I don't give a fuck what you think.
>>
File: yoba transparent.png (122KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
yoba transparent.png
122KB, 736x736px
>>32319136

I agree that time is ticking down for HK as a unique thing, but when the remaining HKers realize it they're going to fight back. Not that it matters since they have nowhere to hide, unlike Taiwanese.

>I would say "trust me, the writings are on the wall", but I don't give a fuck what you think.

butthurt
>>
File: SAF Ultimax.jpg (365KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
SAF Ultimax.jpg
365KB, 1440x960px
>>32318305
I have. Solid light machine gun. A bitch to clean when firing blanks, but the nonexistent recoil makes marksmanship quals a breeze.
>>
>>32319098
>This includes allowing teachers to teach what they think is important

Yeah, and Kent State happened for a reason.

> Because HK got a far better deal as a mostly independent British city state than it's getting with China.

Stop talking out of your ass.

The first direct election for the LegCo wasn't carried out until 1991.

Go to LSE. You might have a fucking career at The Economist. That's assuming you can afford the tuition.
>>
File: 250px-Rozsochac.jpg (17KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Rozsochac.jpg
17KB, 250x188px
>>32319132

Best solution is millions of these on every beach surrounding the entire island. Layers of them, even. It makes conventional landings more or less impossible, and would force China to send in paratroopers first which would require air superiority. This could plausibly buy Taiwan just enough time for the US to intervene and step in before China can.

Even if that doesn't work, the fighting would become much harder for China and they would (again) have to rely on human wave tactics sending troops to the slaughterhouse until Taiwanese troops run out of ammo (a real problem as they are a middling size island). Even when the landing itself occurs, it's gonna be a mess until they're moved away which takes time and effort.
>>
>>32319150
>butthurt
slight correction: headhurt, due to the rampant amount of stupidity projected here.
>>
>>32319132
>>32319214

you have to be over 18 to post here, kids. Or at least with an IQ in the triple digits.
>>
>>32319209
>implying any country on the planet would choose PRC administration over UK administration, given the choice

Maybe, maybe China would, and even then I'm not 100% on that.
>>
>>32319209

>Yeah, and Kent State happened for a reason.

It did, that reason was untrained guardsmen put into a situation better suited for riot police.

>The first direct election for the LegCo wasn't carried out until 1991.

Who gives a fuck about democracy, HK was worth far more to England than it ever is to China. They went from being the crown jewel of the (remaining) British empire to bottom bitch inside the greater PRC. As applied to internal affairs HKers had much greater prestige and had far greater access to goods and services that regular Chinese could not ever hope to get. Obviously this situation has changed with China's "entry" into market economics but back during the Cold War it was an amazing deal. You said it yourself, the main reason HKers are pissed is due to economic deterioration, they just aren't as important as they used to be.
>>
>>32319238

the best way to stop an invasion is to obstruct the path between the open ocean and landing zones

although, China is the type of country that would just dump garbage into the strait until a penninsula is formed
>>
>>32319262
I 100% agree with your assessment on the true cause of HKs dissatisfaction. I was only responding to that retards assertion about more rights about British rule.

Btw, kent state deserved it. Fucking peaceniks.
>>
>>32319274
The word you're looking for is land bridge, sonny.
>>
>>32319095

If you're potentially that subservient in the face of oppression, you do not deserve the freedom you have now.
>>
>>32319262

Hmmmm.....economic discontent gradually taking on grievances regarding democratic representation?

This sounds rather familiar to an American. Where have I heard this story before? Oh right.
>>
>>32319300
For most people, it's better to have a full belly than to be "free", whatever the fuck that means. No one is really free.

You can be an internet freedom fighter all you want, but can you really tell me with a straight face that you'll trade basic needs for some ambiguous idealogical bullshit? If yes, just fucking KyS now, because you'll be sorely disappointed when you realize how the world really works.

Here's a pro tip by a real deal IBanker whose last position was in private wealth: this world is measured in units of the lowest human denominator.
>>
>>32318784
>eternally triggered 50 cent
China can make all the progress it wants in 10 years, they're environmental condition alone will kill them soon. Not that they will last even that with trump in office.

STAY UPSET CHINK
>>
>>32319341
Remind me how close HK is to the mainland and the military gap between the two. Oh wait.
>>
>>32318816
>hk more freedom
>this is what mainlanders actually believe
>>
>>32319389

Hah. You think this is about military power? This is about ideas and China is losing.

Good luck crushing ideas with bullets. The idea of independence has a inherent imperviousness to gunfire.
>>
>>32318816

What "freedom" exactly would that be for Hong Kong? The subversion of its culture, its lawmakers, its democracy, its average citizens, its laws?

Mainland China offers Hong Kong absolutely nothing it can't get on its own.
>>
>>32319522
I don't think the PRC needs any luck
>>
>>32319064
nice adhom your "riggorously intelectual" faggpt LMFAO
>>
>>32319566
Plz read thread before posting your bullshit.
>>
File: 1465132289707.jpg (123KB, 415x576px) Image search: [Google]
1465132289707.jpg
123KB, 415x576px
>>32315536
you can't;
the fall it's just a matter of time.
Big stock of war supply from mainland.
gg
/thread
>>
>>32319597
That's some nice public school spelling u got there, friend. I see the American primary education system is still producing prodigies such as yourself.
>>
>>32319064

Criminal prosecution for what should be freedom of speech isn't a problem?
>>
>>32319603

Assuming Mainland China doesn't collapse first due to the massive trade war that is coming.
>>
>>32319655
Free speech? What's that? Why can't I go outside and shout "lynch all the niggers"?

Not my country, not my right, not my problem.
Oh, did I mention not my fucking value system?
>>
>>32315536

Oh this would be a very easy task....

IF SOMEONE DIDN'T SHUT DOWN OUR ALMOST COMPLETE NUCLEAR PROGRAM COUPLE OF DECADES AGO!!!!
>>
>>32318213
>>32318890
>>32318988
>>32319080
>>32319150
HAHA fuck you hongers, finally getting a taste of your own medicine and you don't like it?
You slant shits have been coming to my country for years, having anchor babies and using our tax payer bought services for free. Now you cry like a bitch when some other chinks do the same to you?
Fuck off and suffer in darkness you cunts, I'm grabbing popcorn and enjoying the this shit show.
>>
>>32319566
Like fresh water?
Turn the taps off and see how long they last
>>
>>32320886
Oh quiet.

Your a loose cannon in an otherwise straightforward situation. You can't handle nukes.

Let your betters like India and Pakistan deal with the second order effects of MAD.
>>
>>32320962

> loose cannon,can't handle nukes
Pretty sure you are talking about chinks here.

>MAD against Chinks
I am actually ok with that.
>>
>>32321002
>Pretty sure you are talking about chinks here.

You wouldn't be alive if that were the case, retard.
>>
>>32321002
Go read a book and then KYS with it
>>
>>32315536
Trump will Make Taiwan Great Again by unleashing the American war machine in the Pacific and massively rebuilding our military and our allies, also quickly rearming a nuclear Taiwan and stationing ABMs while going to DEFCON 1 and straight up daring China to go full retard.

Or just use his resources and those of the USA to literally use terraforming to make Taiwan grow larger, for future use as American military base territory or just full on annexation for the future conquest and liberation of mainland China
>>
>>32318816
>>32318052
Holy shit you are delusional. I know many mainlanders (have personally fucked a good number of them) who have immigrated/studying in America and all of them combined aren't as fervently demented as you as. You certainly earned your 50 cents this time chink.
>>
>>32317859

Hence mining the strait and using SSNs to threaten the wider area.
>>
>>32317873

Yesh but the Taiwanese, having lived under the wests decadence lifestyles for so long are nothing like the WW2 japs.

Theyre a bunch of effeminate cucks who'd vote for a female leader just like westerners to show how progressive they are, and a PLA grunt green out of training can snap their soldiers with his bare hands
>>
>>32318890

Lol what a bunch of cowardly spineless cucks.

Not surprising only people who have lived under the perfidious anglos culture would become like this
>>
>>32315536
>torpedo a container ship in the straights
>Lyods jacks insurance rates up a gorillion times
>World's largest trading route grinds to a standstill
>Play chicken with the global economy
>>
>>32315536
All of the ASMs. Literally all of them.
>>
>>32322228
1) that's 2 different posters
2) you're a fucking retard
3) kys. Seriously
>>
>>32318008
Taiwan elected KMT twice in the last 8 years. They reelected Ma with a majority as well.

HK has 8 million people in it, many of whom vote for pro-Beijing parties. If things were so bad they'd leave.

You're being delusional.
>>
>>32318784
>implying anyone wants to breathe the gaseous cancer you people call air
>>
>>32320915

HKers are at least white and British. It's clear you have never been around bona fide princes.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.