[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East Thread "POST ALEPPO EDITION"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 49

File: 100P.jpg (497KB, 1148x925px) Image search: [Google]
100P.jpg
497KB, 1148x925px
>Breaking: Militants will exit from East Aleppo.

>Tanks Khalifa Baghdadi came to T4 for direct fire!

> "They are killing everyone. ... My friends are doctors, who were providing the only possible medical care to the injured. Now they are butchered. Everyone is dying. I will soon die, too." - Abdulla Saleem, 39, doctor is

> "AT the All the Doctors of Al-Hayat (the clinic medical field) have Been Executed the My friends have Given Their blood have for They Fought the fight for They chose, for the Humanity..." Zubair -Abu, 29.

> "will of the My friends Aleppo defend to the death. The To the world outside of Aleppo, to the United States, I of do not want to say The anything more than the stand by Aleppo. And the if we all die, the remember us. " - Mohsin Salem, 33
>>
>>32315400

So whats the deal with the kurdish pocket? Do they get to just stay there.
>>
so did they catch the fags who beheaded that kid or not?

i wanna see their faces now
>>
File: JKTurks.png (399KB, 674x425px) Image search: [Google]
JKTurks.png
399KB, 674x425px
Erdogan supporters are crying in TV program after defeated in Aleppo
https://mobile.twitter.com/ebunecdet/status/808777074081222658/video/1
>>
File: 1.png (291KB, 1189x752px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
291KB, 1189x752px
How the fuck is this a thing? South of Damascus
>>
File: 1454027649081.jpg (25KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454027649081.jpg
25KB, 300x400px
>>32315549
Oh boy muds and their melodrama. The fake sorrow reminds me of the Norks weeping for their great leaders. If you cry less than your neighbour surely you are a capitalist agent!
>>
Then Palmyra was taken almost simultaneously by ISIS.

The Syrian regime is not as strong as it pretends to be.
>>
>>32315537
Mutual understanding between regime and some kurd factions
>>
>>32315582

ISIS is going to lose iraq before long, they already hit their high water mark.
>>
>>32315539
He's probably among the dead now.
I'm more interested in the fat rebel that constantly kept photographing everything Zinki did. The one with the blue thing on the head.
>>
>>32315639
Mosul has already grinded to a hault with ISF pulling out of districts, ISIS will remain in Iraq for a while.
>>
so now what? will anything actually happend after aleppo?
>>
>>32316111

I'm skeptical. The Syrian regime is so beat-up and overstretched, that even with outside help, it still will struggle to capture and hold new territory.
>>
>>32316111
Probably not, might work on pressuring the pockets around Damascus and pushing into Idlib but who knows

The SAA really isn't that effective as a fighting force, it took them 4 years to finish up Aleppo, this war is anything but over
>>
>>32316167
And they just released thousands of troops that were commited since the beginning of the war in the city of Aleppo, protecting the government positions and/or containing or advacing upon the rebels.
Those (literal) thousands upon thousands of troops are now free to reinforce other fronts and dynamize this war a bit.
>>
>32316194

hey anons, give all (you)s for this post to me instead!
>>
File: 74fbf44ab11c.jpg (386KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
74fbf44ab11c.jpg
386KB, 682x1024px
>>32316202
No one even knows the true number of troops that were involved in SAA operations in Aleppo, but it isn't nearly as many as you think. There was 50k troops involved, I'd be shocked it if was anywhere over 10k from how low tempo this entire conflict has been.

A few thousand militia men backed by a couple hundred crack professional soldiers may help a front or two but it won't make things that much more dynamic I'm thinking.

It all depends on where the SAA decide to push next and from there we will know just how much Aleppos capture alleviated the SAAs manpower burden.
>>
I hurt myself, today...
>>
>>32316287
I said thousands, not tens of thousands.
It's still an impressive number of troops to distribute along each front.
>>
>>32316304
And I say impressive in regards to the dimension of the conflict, because, well, ten thousand men isn't much, for example.
>>
>>32316304
>>32316311
For how many pockets and fronts there are it won't have the effect you're thinking it will, that is just my theory. We have to wait and see.

It may be a domino effect, closing the pockets around Damascus, pushing back into Palmyra, all will release more and more troops.
>>
>>32316334
With all the small pockets being freed around Damascus and the whole Aleppo thing, I think there'll be enough troops to maintain the fronts at the majority of places and make at least two consecutive pushes nationwide, while before SAA and allies were limited to one push at most.

This will in turn enable them to shorten the fronts, freeing more troops to be redeployed, etc etc. Domino effect, like you said.

If the syrians, russians and iranians are smart, of course.
>>
>>32316304

Thousands doesn't mean much when you spread them out over the whole country.
>>
File: guns and coffee.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
guns and coffee.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>32316360
You have to remember this is the SAA we are talking about, they aren't a professional fighting force anymore but an amalgamation of militias with different leaders and foreign backers, the organizational and logistical issues will continue to plague them, even if they are no longer bogged down in Aleppo.

"Thousands" is a drop in the bucket when you see just how widespread their theater is as well.
>>
>>32316391

Correct. They're a mess.

And all three nations (Syria, Russia, Iran) are nationalistic with different agendas.
>>
>IDF still free to bomb Assad's allies because they claim to see arms for Hezbollah

Are Syria and Russia's balls going to drop soon or are they going to keep this eggshell walking act up?
>>
>>32316468
Why would they give a shit? Escalating with Israel would be counter productive for the Russians for what they are trying to achieve.

Israel periodically bombing a depot or convoy is a price worth paying for them not fucking even more shit up in Syria.
>>
File: 1480994496233.jpg (111KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480994496233.jpg
111KB, 1024x1024px
>>32315549

Is Anzu pro or anti Erdogan?
>>
>>32315639
Not entirely true. They're reverting to an insurgency in areas that they lost.
https://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/losing-mosul-regenerating-in-diyala-how-the-islamic-state-could-exploit-iraqs-sectarian-tinderbox
This is a pretty good article on it.
>>
>>32316681

Yes. They have experience being an insurgency, and if they go that way in Syria /k/ should know counter-insurgency warfare is not the strong suit of Assad.
>>
>>32316194
fuck off newfag
>>
>>32316468
Russia has no interest in starting a fight with Israel. Shipping arms to Hezbollah is Iran and Syria's business, and their problem if it gets bombed.

The Syrian government itself doesn't have the resources to respond in a meaningful way and hasn't for decades, even before the war. If Assad tried, he'd have the shit kicked out of whatever remains of his air-defense network.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19
Like so.
>>
>>32316502
She's not allowed to make that public, dumbass.

>what is a totalitarian-hopeful regime?
>>
How many months of ALEPPO SOON did we have? Seems so crazy how smoothly it went (relatively speaking) for the SAA in the end.
>>
File: general-mattis.png (1MB, 679x825px) Image search: [Google]
general-mattis.png
1MB, 679x825px
>Everyone is dying
YEEHAWWW!
>>
imo the Isis offensive in palmyra will only be truly decisive if they manage to seize T4 air base.
>>
>>32317274
They won't, unless they throw everything they have in the vicinity at it.
Which they might very well do, now that I think about it.

Anywa, russian special forces are calling the shots since yesterday, there.
>>
>32316194
Newfag

>>32316209
>>
>>32316391
Who exactly are these guys in your pic?
>>
>>32317372
SEALs + some kind of contractor/alphabet agency operative
>>
>>32317325
Yeah I doubt they'll take it at this point.

I'd give them a 30% chance of seizing it if they throw everything they have at it in the next few days, otherwise it's moot.

I wonder if attacking T4 was their plan all along or they're just capitalising on their capture of palmyra.
>>
>>32317155
>she
>>
>>32317384
https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/808779576923004928
I mean there's this, for whatever Leith's opinion counts for at this point.
>>
The obvious move for the rebels is to overextend the Syrian regime.
>>
The Syrian regime is a myth.

http://warontherocks.com/2016/08/the-decay-of-the-syrian-regime-is-much-worse-than-you-think/
>>
>>32317744
10/10 article tbqh
>>
>>32316502
Iirc she's pro erd
>>
>>32316681
>>32316848
Shia death squads are still a possible option.

And now the PMUs, Iranians, Kurds and Westerns are all back in Iraq and most Sunni areas are drained of the majority of their good fighters and cut off from foreign recruitment, they might not be so lucky.
>>
>>32317744
>because there's wartime conditions the regime doesn't exist
>because irregulars act like irregulars the regime doesn't exist
No.
>>
Is T4 safe? (´・ω・`)
>>
>>32318607

"The great majority of forces in Syria today, particularly among the regime’s minority supporters, fight an increasingly localized war for the protection of their particular communities. It is only through the continued existence of the regime — personified in Assad — that these defensive goals have been tied to an aggressive, national vision which we know to be unacceptable to a great majority of Syrians, disastrous to its supporters, and militarily unrealistic. While removing the tyrant may spark in-fighting among the surviving warlords, it would likely not mean a collapse of their forces and the slaughter of their villages. Latakia is being protected not by Assad’s largely imaginary “4th Corps” of the Syrian Arab Army, but by Mohamed Jaber and his merry men of the Desert Hawks. If indeed there is no strong bureaucratic and military class left that could salvage and revive the state and if loyalist militants have developed an increasing degree of self-reliance, then the situation is not as Western policymakers assume. Syria’s president has become not only perfectly expendable as guarantor of the state, but ought to be considered the last remaining obstacle to a peace process based on local ceasefires and return to displaced peoples to their home communities."
>>
>>32315400

God damn that was fast. I remember sitting here last saturday or some shit reporting on live news about the northern districts being cut off, with arguments on whether or not this was it for rebel held Aleppo, lowest guess was around a week, while some argued that smaller pockets than what was left had lasted for years, guess this kinda answers that.
>>
>government captures area
>western journalist flies in
>oh it's so horrible

Why do so few Western Journalists visit the Rebel held areas? :3
>>
>>32319231
kek
>>
>>32319231
Because the ones that did got sold to, then beheaded by, Islamic state.
>>
>>32315558
In surrender negotiations right now

Used to be a much bigger pocket. Similar to East Aleppo
>>
>>32316502
she's in Japan, far from roach politics
>>
>>32315746
he looks jewish desu
>>
>>32315400
can someone explain this map for me?
>>
>>32315582
i don't see the point of this post

We all knew the NDF is absolute dogshit. We also knew that the Russians withdrew from Palmyra a few days before.

Obviously someone tipped ISIS off about that, and so they arrived in force. In time they'll be forced back out.
>>
File: 1481248419384.jpg (381KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1481248419384.jpg
381KB, 800x522px
Why did it take 5 years for Russia/Iran/Hezbollah/all these super-stronk countries to beat a bunch of farmers with AK's? Why couldn't based Assad do it himself without Iranian and later Russian bailing out? I don't care which sand nigger faction "wins" in Syria so I'm legitimately curious.

Hell US has even been helping stronk Iran in Iraq and they still are just grinding along barely.

Now we get to see the fun sectarian/Iraq 2003-2007-style bloodbath tho. I can't wait for the keks. It'll be like another Nakba!
>>
>>32320046
It's the Aleppo battlemap we been looking at for god knows how long, without the rebels in the city
the part outlined in yellow was the pocket where the opposition had been holed up
>>
>>32317744
>>32318478
Shit article

The regime most definitely exists. If you haven't noticed, they've won about 30 battles since August. Most of the population now lives in government territory.
>>
>>32315582
Nonsense! Assad str0000nk! Just for the last 6 years it hasn't been able to defeat its completely outgunned population despite every possible advantage and massive foreign support and direct intervention by Russia.

I mean I remember browsing /k/ on 2013 claiming "victory any day now, assad strooong!". I just stopped believing them eventually as Assad needed more and more foreign support to avoid getting Gaddaffi'd until the Russians rolled in directly.

And it's even more adorable that people think this war is ever going to be truly over. The Syrian Civil War is a conventional conflict with frontlines and pitched battles, and still the regime struggles and would have been doomed long ago had it not been for its foreign benefactors. Lets see how they handle a guerrilla/ethno-sectarian war.
>>
>>32315582
Yes, but at this point everyone else is too weak to stop them. Palymara will be another drawn out battle that ultimately leads to Assad's forces retaking the area.

I honestly think the conventional fighting will be coming to an end and all we will see is guriella tactics used against Assad's forces. It's going to be another ME state ruled by a dictator with an insurgent thorn in his side he'll never be able to get rid of.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 857x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 857x477px
>>32320073
>/pol/ posters are this obvious nowadays
>>
>>32320081
There is no "Syrian regime". Syria is a pile of rubble ruled by various warlords. The Alawite warlord just happens to have Russia and Iranian enforcers propping him up.

Assad is Chiang Kai-Shek circa 1925. He can enjoy his fragmented empire of rubble.
>>
>>32316194
how new r u?
>>
>>32320104
How am I /pol/? I'm just asking why it took so long to beat these guys when they're completed outclassed.

Hell the war still isn't over.

I don't have much respect for either faction in this war, they're all just sand niggers ultimately.
>>
>>32316304
Thousands isn't a lot. Espically when you've got to stretch them out as far as they do. And they're not all exactly the best operators in Syria...
>>
File: sdghhh.jpg (38KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
sdghhh.jpg
38KB, 390x470px
>Assadfags STILL losing territory despite the overwhelming foreign backing including direct armies from "resurgent" russia

holy kek. Assad was still rambling about invading Golan a few years back too.
>>
File: In theaters near you.jpg (143KB, 799x518px) Image search: [Google]
In theaters near you.jpg
143KB, 799x518px
>>32315400
Its all over. Help a newfag out, whats the next big target?
>>
>>32320073
>>32320087
>>32320113
You can go back any time you want. Preferably sooner rather than later, though.
>>
>>32320138
unfucking Palmyra. Can't leave T4 hanging like that. Then close the remaining pockets in the territory already taken.
Then on to Deir ez-Zor. It'll be a long drive.
>>
Serious question tho: how do you think they'll handle the war once the "conventional" phase is over? I.e. the frontlines and conventional battles ends and now Russia & co find themselves an occupying army having to manage sectarian divisions?

I mean its taken 5 years for them to get this far, when the USSR overran Afghanistan conventionally in a few days back in the 70s. And it still isn't over yet. Is this an indication of how nasty the unconventional phase will be?
>>
>>32320138
For SAA, depends on what actions he can convince the so-called Tiger Force to undertake
As for the rebels who survived the Aleppo campaign, no idea
>>
>>32320166
ISIS beats the hell of the SAA whenever they fight, they struggled mightily to get Palmyra back the first time, pushing to Deir ez-Zor might be outside of their capability
>>
>>32320184
Suicide bombings from guerillas, secret police from the Syrians disappearing suspected agitators and radicals. The country is not gonna be a nice place to be in our lifetimes.
>>
>>32320217
uhm sir we don't call them suicide bombings any more we prefer "moderate VBIED attacks" :)
>>
>>32320211
SAA relies heavily on huge amounts of firepower, foreign troops, and just bombing cities blindly. ISIS doesnt' care how many of "their" civilians you care, gets in close, and foreign powers don't like to engage them out of the safety of airpower.

Why SAA struggles against them so much despite ISIS in Syria just being durkas in toyota pickups.
>>
>>32320256
Some of the groups fighting within ISIS have shown some incredible desert fighting ability, not to mention urban fighting

People underestimate them a lot I think, compared to some of the other groups operating in that region from their arab peers they really lay it on thick when they go after the SAA
>>
>>32320280
My pet theory is that ISIS is pretty much the only large monolithic organisation in the area, and are showing the many advantages of that organizational structure.
Everyone else is a rag-tag group of ragamuffins.
>>
>>32320308
A lot of is morale/motivation. Most of the SAA is run by terror and a kind of political commissar system. Non-alawite troops especially will sometimes have hostages from their family taken to fight. It's a Soviet-era conscript army mess that has largely fallen apart, replaced with foreign troops. Only the Iranians/Shia militia and Russians fight with any kind of tenacity.
>>
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2015/06/29/fortress-t4-an-airbase-at-war/

An interesting if a bit old look at T4 airbase
>>
>>32320308
ISIS is one of the very, very few rebel groups capable of mounting actual offensives, the other is Nursa and maybe IF

The regime only has a limited amount of troops capable of spear heading an offensive as well, this war is honestly kind of shit
>>
>>32320414
This. People don't realize that Russian backing has tipped Assad forces to "just" having the advantage. The slightest change will send them back spiraling and force Russia to send in more support to balance it out again.
>>
>>32320430
I remember getting excited about the Iranian involvement. Pretty disappointed in their contribution so far. Qasem Soleimani is a meme!
>>
>>32320346
t. Al-Jazeera
>>
>>32320448
The Iranians bailed out Syria big time in 2013 when the regime ran out of manpower, they've done their part and more in keeping Assad in the game
>>
>>32320430
And this is why Russia is stuck in a de facto quagmire, despite what the russiaboos and vatniks say
>>
>>32320476
It's a one step forward, two steps back kind of deal for them in Syria
>>
>>32320476

Syria is a quagmire even to the US. It makes the Iraq war look like a child's play.
>>
>>32320081
Most of the troops fighting for Assad are Iranian or from Lebanon. Assad has troops but his army is decimated. With out outside support, Assad has no army. He is out of men and equipment. He can swell the remaining ranks with conscripts from newly gained territory but they will make absolutely horrid soldiers.
>>
File: kztm0urQbzI.jpg (182KB, 1280x522px) Image search: [Google]
kztm0urQbzI.jpg
182KB, 1280x522px
>>32320387
Bellingcat may be a bunch of SJW cucks who are die hard shillery supporters but they do give really detailed reports and analysis that is well cited with photos and satellite pictures. They sure do piss off the Russians when they call them out for their shit and it's hilarious. One time RT hired a comedian to go to their home office and troll their secretary.

InformNapalm is also really good.
>>
>>32320749

>citation needed

Of course they are getting critical outside help but if you think the majority of the SA is not syrian youre retarded.
>>
Who's doing the genocide over there? I don't really follow this at all.
>>
>>32320827
Both sides. Both sides are also lying their asses off. It's war. Ain't it beautiful.
>>
>>32320346

>citations really fucking needed
>>
>>32320842
>Both sides.
The regime wont kill you for belonging to any ethnic or religious group, only if you oppose the regime (or happen to live in a place that opposes the regime), hence its not genocide.
Some rebel groups (and obviously ISIS) will kill you for belonging to the wrong group.
>>
>>32320872

This.

Most of the rebels are terrorists from other countries. Hell, Assad just pardoned almost a thousand rebels who were captured in aleppo a week or so ago - because they were syrians and not foreign fighters. Likely these guys had no real desire to fight but were forced to by the moderate beheaders or else they would have harm brought to them and their families. The fact that they were given freedom after fighting the SA for years really shows who is by far the lesser of two evils.

Had the roles been reversed, all of the captured soldiers would have been tortured and beheaded with little exception.
>>
Lots of assumption ITT and previously that the Aleppo forces becoming available wont make any notable difference due to the area they have to be spread across, whilst the last few days events lock in a decent chunk of them being sent to at the very least secure T4, surely the best use of the remainder would not be to send a few reinforcements everywhere but to instead use them as a single hammer to go and bash individual smaller pockets in turn?
Of course they lack the organisational and logistical capability to move that large a force anywhere near as swiftly as a western military or hell even the Russians could, but even if they waste time getting stuff into position it seems by far the best use they could make of those resources. I wont be hugely surprised if they do end up getting spread out across the country, but it feels like that would be wasting a huge opportunity to gain an even greater advantage from the fall of Aleppo than just getting back (the remains of half) an important city.
>>
>>32320817
>Of course they are getting critical outside help but if you think the majority of the SA is not syrian

What year do you think it is? The SAA ran out of manpower back in 2013, the bulk of their forces are foreign militia, Iran has been importing tens of thousands of Shiites from Iraq and Afghanistan to build up the NDF. This doesn't even mention Hezbollah and its satellite organizations in Lebanon either.
>>
>>32320959

Yeah cool i heard you the first time still need citations for those hot opinions there buddy.

>"its the current year" arguement
>this is my citation

no
>>
>>32320999
Believe it or don't, not my problem. A quick google will inform you of the man power shortage the SAA encountered in 2013, hence Iran importing Shiites from around the world into Syria and Hezbollah deploying to the border.
>>
>>32321017

Which has nothing to do with the fact that the bulk of the SA is syrian. Thats what im saying. Obviously they have had manpower problems, i literally said that myself. No one is disputing that the foreign forces assisting Assad are critical to his country's survival. Youre just repeating stuff we both agree is factual and acting as if its proving your point.

You are just making shit up now lol cite your sources already its just a "quick google search" away.

>"believe it or not, not my problem"
>cant stop biting with increased levels of frustration because people wont blindly accept my bullshit statements as truth

Problem? ;^)
>>
>>32321066
Just google it, not my problem if you're too lazy to do that, sorry.
>>
>>32321078

So youll make several posts demanding i take your gay posts as fact rather than just simply cite your sources in one single post and end it there yeah nah your a cunt m8

>Since the Syrian Civil War, the enlisted members of the Syrian military have dropped by over half from a pre-civil war figure of 325,000 to 150,000 soldiers in the army in December 2014, due to casualties, desertions and draft dodging,[2] reaching between 178,000 and 220,000 soldiers in the army,[5] in addition to 80,000 to 100,000 irregular forces.[6]

Heres my quick google search, with results from jewpedia. Stay btfo idiot.

>inb4 your faggot nerd autistic screeching on how im an asshole
>>
>>32321124
Not my problem, just google it if you're so scared of what you're going to find.
>>
>>32321126

Learn to read dipshit. I already did.

Either your a bot with a dogshit script or literally retarded. Im not sure which one would disapoint me more.
>>
>>32321139
Not really my problem, its the second result on google if you're this lazy and scared to find out the truth.
>>
>>32321143

This HAS to be a bot. There is no way someone with that vocabulary is unable to read such simple posts. Which just goes to show how desperate (((they))) are to push certain narratives on a Siamese competitive bucket filling forum of all places.

Regardless its quite clear that whoever is resposible for bringing you into this world should kill themself.
>>
Do the kurds still have recruitment threads? I remember there being a few last year.
>>
>>32321164
No need to get mad that you can't google bud, not really my problem.
>>
>>32321166

(You)
>>
>>32321165

Probably not. At least not that ive seen. I remember seeing a thread maybe a year ago some anon made with pics from syria where he claimed to have fought alongside the kurds. Pretty epic.

I imagine they dont have too many 4chan users over there let alone people with access to the internet who use it to shitpost. The people who were making the threads are all probably dead or returned home already to have their tendies.
>>
>>32321184
>some anon made with pics from syria where he claimed to have fought alongside the kurds
Was it from the guy with a "Militaires sans frontiers" patch? That's one of the ones I remember.
>>
>>32321190

No idea i cant remember specfic details that fine lol. I do remember stories of how the kurds would recklessly clear buildings of ieds by just charging in and rummaging the whole place instead of carefully checking it out like any sane person would. Also how every kurd and himself was given at least one grenade with strict instructions to never use it because it was their "honor grenade" to be used as a suicide bomb only if they were about to be killed or captured. He also mentioned seeing french-speaking SF guys operating and helping the kurds but not any english speakers.

Cool stuff. Im sure its archived somewhere.
>>
>>32320087
>completely outgunned population

You mean international jihadi hordes with US and gulf state backing.
>>
>>32320113
\k\ gets triggered by racial slurs sometimes.
Just ignore them.
>>
>>32320211
>ISIS beats the hell of the SAA whenever they fight
ISIS can almost never go toe-to-toe with SAA.

Pretty much the only times ISIS can hurt the loyalists, is when they mount surprise attacks against NDF.

ISIS completely failed to take Kuweires and Deir Ezzor FOR YEARS despite having those places utterly surrounded and despite the constant massive attacks.
Same would have happened in Tabqa if the Chechens hadn't come to save ISIS' asses.

And the list goes on.

You're being stupid.
>>
>>32320073
>Why did it take 5 years for Russia/Iran/Hezbollah/all these super-stronk countries to beat a bunch of farmers with AK's?
>a bunch of farmers with AKs

You mean international jihadi hordes with US and gulf state backing?
>>
File: 1341264633959.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1341264633959.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
I haven't been on /k/ for a while, ever since I noticed all the jihadi cheerleaders in here.

I simply came here to sample their salty tears, and boy I am not disappointed.
>>
>>32321468
>>32321515
>US and gulf state backing
Not to mention the western media shilling for the """""moderate rebels""""".
>>
>"Lol, it took so long to take Aleppo, Assad is such a loser!"

Literally "Haha, I hurt your fist with my face" tier.
>>
>>32318590
>Shia death squads are still a possible option.
Yeah because that's not literally how we ended up in this situation to begin with.
>>
>>32321533
So your only interest in the war is cheering for the side you've picked?
>>
>>32321872
More like I'm enjoying the salty, salty tears of deluded jihadi shills.
>>
File: HfACQxC.gif (207KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
HfACQxC.gif
207KB, 364x400px
Bashar "The lion of Syria" al-Assad
Bashar "Whack the Wahabis" al-Assad
Bashar "Slaughter the Salafists" al-Assad
Bashar "One Man siege of Hama" al-Assad
Bashar "Terrorize the Terrorists" al-Assad
Bashar "pour phosphorous over the bosphorous" al-Assad
Bashar "ISIS in Crisis" al-Assad
Bashar "Nusra on a Noose" al-Assad
Bashar "Alawite Pride World Wide" al-Assad
Bashar "the Islamic State I'll eradicate" al-Assad
Bashar "Exterminate the Extremists" al-Assad
Bashar "One Man Barrelbomb" al-Assad
Bashar "ISIS Slicer" al-Assad
Bashar "Cleaning Syria with a Baath" al-Assad
Bashar "With Nus(ra), you lose" al-Assad
Bashar "Barrel bomb those who suicide bomb" al-Assad
Bashar "One man citadel" Assad
Bashar "Beating up the bidd'ah bitches" Assad
Bashar "Revolution's Execution" al-Assad
Bashar "Eff the FSA" al-Assad
Bashar "Islamist Sandn***er Gravedigger" al Assad
Bashar "Heli Headchopper Hunter" al-Assad
Bashar "Killing Khaleejis" al Assad
Bashar "Exterminate Erdy's Dreams" al Assad
Bashar "Turkroach Terminator" al-Assad
Bashar "Trashing Turan" al Assad
Bashar "No Sharia in Syria" al-Assad
Bashar "Turning al-Bab into kebab" al Assad
Bashar "See you later, Al-Qaeda" al-Assad
Bashar "Slam Jaish al-Islam" al-Assad
Bashar "Turning Ahrar al Sham into ShamWow" al Assad
Bashar "Putting Fatah al-Sham to shame" al-Assad
Bashar "Alabed? Aladed m8" al-Assad
Bashar "Bakery on Fire" al-Assad
Bashar "Baker Shaker" Al-Assad
Bashar ''You want bread? Have a barrel bomb instead'' al-Assad
Bashar "drowning homs in barrel bombs" al-Assad
Bashar "if you make bread you'll end up dead" al-Assad
Bashar "removing the guetto from aleppo" al-Assad
Bashar "leaving a blood stain all the way to kurdistan" al-Assad
Bashar "in every hospital i'll let bombs fall" al-Assad
Bashar "i'll need more pesticide for the sunni genocide" al-Assad
Bashar "no jihads on the gulags" al-Assad
Bashar "sending bild pictures of every dead child" al-Assad
Bashar "if you say shalom you'll get a barrel bomb" al-Assad
>>
>(voice over)
"He was just your average fun-loving student"

>(young Bashar, inebriated)
"I'm going to be an opthal... an thalmop... an opthalmomo... an eye doctor! HEY EVERYONE WATCH ME CHUG THIS BUCKET OF YAEGER WOOOOOOOOOT!"

>(voice over)
"But then it all fell apart."

>FREEZE FRAME, RECORD NEEDLE SCRATCH

>(Hafez)
"Son, have a seat. Your brother had an accident. He didn't make it. We want you to run the country when I'm gone."

>(Bashar)
"Me? But papa, I'm just an eye doctor!"

>(voice over) ***"WALKING ON SUNSHINE" STARTS PLAYING***
"And now, he is about to find out... (cut to the shooting of innocent protesters, puppies, and kittens)
that pounding the jihad... (cut to barrel bomb hitting a children's hospital)
ain't as easy as pounding the brewskies... (cut to last local bakery exploding)."

>(dark basement, Bashar interrogating a gagged and bound jihadi) ***NO MUSIC***
"I hear you have trouble seeing things my way. You came to the right place."

(Bashar snaps his surgical gloves and pivots a large piece of equipment in front of the fighter's clamped-open eyes)

>(Bashar)
"Now open wide and say allaaaaaah..."

(muffled screams as red lasers pierce the fighter's eyes) ***"WALKING ON SUNSHINE" STARTS PLAYING AGAIN***

>(voice over)
"The doctor's in, and the filth is out.
Bashar Al-Assad is... the Eye Atollah."

>(trailer credits)

AFTER CREDIT SCENE, NO MUSIC:

>(Bashar, playing with an eyebal on a scalpel, mimicking a high voice)
"Eye can't find my glasses, help!"
>(Bashar brings up a large severed nose on a scalpel, mimicking a low voice)
"Who nose where they are, they fell when I left."
>(phone on table starts buzzing & ringing, photo of Putin on screen, a startled Assad drops the two scalpels)
"Mamma mia!"

PG13
>>
>>32321878
bit gay
>>
>>32315537
Why shouldn't they stay there? From my understanding that area (a bit smaller, since they expanded a little during the war) was always a mainly kurdish district. They have next to no trouble with the SAA and even helped them on some occasions.
Its their homes, so i guess they don't want to go anywhere and as long as they remain peaceful towards the SAA, the army won't give a shit about them.
>>
>>32316361
True, but if they concentrate their forces on one of the pockets at a time it might work out very well for them.
>>
>>32317169
It seems the rebels were utterly incompetent and relied on one line of defenses without even thinking about a backup plan. It took the SAA some time to break that line but once broken the rebel pocket just collapsed into chaos because none of them ever thought about the possibility of SAA forces breaking through.

In the end the slow and methodical approach of the SAA forces payed off, compared to the Iraqis who apparently want to rush into Mosul as fast as possible without properly closing a circle around the city first.
>>
>>32317384
I don't think they even planned taking Palymra that fast.
>>
>>32315558
>>32319990
Afaik there has been a ceasefire agreement for years. Most of these small(est) pockets are usually left alone.
>>
File: wY2Lps0.png (558KB, 800x3137px) Image search: [Google]
wY2Lps0.png
558KB, 800x3137px
>>32316360
Is remember me of picture related.
>>
>>32320211
IS failed countless times with their attacks Kweires Airport AND they fail almost daily with their human wave attacks on Deir Ezzor.

SAA sometimes is able to defend their stuff very very well.
>>
>>32320507
The capture of Aleppo is like 10+ steps forwards compared to the loss of Palmyra though.

So far, the strategy of limited support pays off for the russians just fine.

How many russian soldiers did die so far? Less than 50? (correct me if i'm wrong, i don't have the numbers in my head).
USA lost more in Iraq when there was not even a real war going on.
>>
>>32320749
True but that is to be expected. Syria is a small country after all and the war is on for years now.
Its impressive that there are at least some actually capable syrian units left .
>>
>>32320872
>only if you oppose the regime (or happen to live in a place that opposes the regime)

Its war after all and to their defense (inb4 Assad-Fanboy) the SAA and their airforce (and the russians as well apparently) just don't have the capability to bomb "smart". Their arsenal is old. Like really old.
They need to bomb alot to make some progress on the ground, so if civilians are hit it may suck for these innocent people, but there is not much the SAA could do to prevent that if they want to advance. And doing nothing and let the rebels sit among the population is not really an option, no matter what the western media might say about that.

I'm pretty sure that if given the choice between barrel bombs and unguided rockets and barrel artillery on the one side and top notch laster guided smart bombs and drones on the other the SAA would pick the 2nd option. But they don't have that choice.
>>
>>32322067
Most of them are actually capable.

I remember of an Gif where at the beginning of the iraq war some guy was standing with an gun in the fucking middle of the street and got shot 3 times. first bullet dropped him, secont broke his arm and third fucked his shit up.

That is Natural selection speeded up 30 Times.

The same here in Syria. all the stupid and "cowadoody- i will heal behind cover" idiots got naturally selected pretty fast. like these idiots who surrenderet. even if i am left with no bullets i try to hide or charge directly taking at least one of them with me.

so the most stupid 20% got naturally selected. then another 10% and so on.

In the end you end up with 40% of your initial people but they are "Top-Tier" of what you got there overall.
>>
>>32320951

We will see.
Apparently a larger group of Hisbollah is preparing for an attack on Idlib and they just wait for some troops from Aleppo to support them.

I can't see forces like the Tigers or the Desert Falcons or republican guard divisions (or regiments.. no idea how much of their divisional structure is still intact) would be spread around in tiny groups.
Those are the capable ones and those will be kept together to lead attacks. The other milita forces are irrelevant.
>>
>>32322086
Kinda this, but they have tons of fresh recruits too. Be it former eastern-Aleppo citizens, militas from who-knows-where or just turned 18 Syrians from the SAA-held areas.
>>
>>32322117
yeah i know that.

my post was intended to show one aspect of the whole thing.

I think adding an " everybody who is 2 or more years active in this war can be considered Top-Tier on their relative measures"
>>
Is there any news from Mosul? Last thing I heard was Iraqis getting btfoed near hospital.
>>
>>32322149
it's fucking stalling I think. From the newly released isis vid you can see the iraqis got baited at the hospital and VBIEDs were thrown at them. Huge mess, many such cases
>>
Apparently Tiger Forces arrived in T4.
>>
What's going on in Yemen? There is complete silence about it
>>
>>32322349
not much
>>
>>32322271
so they are going to launch a counter attack in this area ? I thought they wanted to forget palmyra and go to Idlib
>>
>>32321896
tried to hard
>>
>>32322400
Who knows what exactly they plan to do. But they can't have IS roaming around T4 unhindered.
>>
>>32322406
so at this point they will need to retake palmyra/strategic positions at least. They can't just send tiger forces and russian SF simply to defend this t4.
>>
>>32322417
They will push them back, but all the way to Palmyra? We'll see.
>>
>>32322022
But the Russians were furious with the Arabs and their shitty tactics and hatred of kikes
>>
>>32322061
Apples and fucking oranges, what most if not almost all Russian troops aren't fighting
>>
So I keep seeing contradictionnal informations about what's happening in Aleppo, from downright mass bombardment leveling of civilians to a couple of casualties. All from secondhand sources.
What's going on?
>>
>>32322583
>most if not almost all Russian troops aren't fighting

I think thats his main point. No need to do the actual fighting when there are imported Shiite hordes ready to do the dying part.
>>
>>32322605
>Whats going on?

Right now: nothing.
Fighting is over, rebels surrendered and will be brought out of the town with the infamous green busses. Civilians who want to join them are allowed to do so, most probably won't.

Everything else is just rumors and propaganda with no proof at all.
There is no way to tell if any number of claimed casualties is correct or not.
>>
>>32322611
Exactly. It seems to work out with that strategy and therefore the own losses are not really concerning which results in the russian public still not being concerned about the whole syria adventure.
>>
>>32322624
Putin is a much smarter man than any US president since first-term Reagan.

Bush senior and junior decided to do all the work themselves in Iraq, and it turned out horribly on all accounts.

Obama took a more backseat approach to Libya, but once Qadhafi was removed all hell broke loose, so pretty much the same result as Iraq.

By comparison, Putin is a fucking genius. He's coming out of Ukraine and Syria unscathed, even though these places had all the potential for becoming a fucking mess.

And all Putin did was use common sense:
1) make sure the side you back is actually viable (i.e. not a bunch of retarded zealots)
2) make sure they're the ones actually doing the dirty work
>>
>>32322689
>He's coming out of Ukraine and Syria unscathed
Outside of the international community's "deeb goncern" of course, lmao.
>>
>>32322669
give us her insta please, i'd squash her bug
>>
>>32320476
>>32320507
What?

Literally no analyst agrees with your claim.

Russia has 40 planes and 200 men in Syria turning the entire war Assad's way, while proving that Russia WILL defend its allies.
It's costed only $500-600 million so far.
>>
>>32320113
They're NOT completely out classed though?
>>
>>32322611
Yeah that's the point, the us in the other hand had to take on a direct role whereas the Russians sit in their bases, send out operators to Call air strikes, while conspicuously leaving when towel heads rock up
>>
File: 24Homs.jpg (56KB, 480x872px) Image search: [Google]
24Homs.jpg
56KB, 480x872px
> Syrian army regained control of the abandoned barracks in Palmyra

> Syrian government army regained control of the barracks abandoned military airfield near the T-4 at Palmyra. This was reported by the Syrian military source,
>>
>>32322831
Was there fighting or did IS simply leave?
>>
File: 1481717186002.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481717186002.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>32322770

>Russia has 40 planes and 200 men in Syria

4-5000
>>
>>32322835
Its still literally nothing.
>>
>>32322831
One of those men is russian SF, and it's not the right one.
>>
>>32322855
Because his skin is so white?
>>
File: CzpJLnpWgAEAy43.jpg (123KB, 969x661px) Image search: [Google]
CzpJLnpWgAEAy43.jpg
123KB, 969x661px
>>32315400
PKK STRONK
>>
Just seen this short documentary about syrian women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhL8D0wYevo

Ray was right, hadji can be hotties.
>>
>>32322873
>don roach wants to put a burqa on this

not fair
>>
>>32320920
sorry I misssed that: any link? Were there conditions put on the beyond parole or were they conscripted to fight to earn their redemption?
>>32322004
the encirclement isn't complete because they want IS the fuck off straight into the Kurds that are waiting for them further back. Even if the Kurds don't stop them then they'll keep going over the border into Syria where thye are officially someone-elses problem.
>>
File: proofs.jpg (82KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
82KB, 680x583px
>>32322869
>>
>>32322899
Well, that one clearly failed. They could have done alot more damage a few meters down the road in that big parking lot.
>>
>>32322873
>>32322890
Salsa please, lost her instagram somehow
>>
>>32321172
Fucking took you long enough to figure that out, eh?
>>
>>32322909
they got fucked up at the parking lot later anyway
>>
>>32322864
That's what was implied.
>>
>>32322919
>>32322930
found it, it's set to private though
https://www.instagram.com/c00ldued/
>>
>>32321896
Are you 12?
>>
>>32320010
Actually there was a news story from before the US elections and some muslims were protesting in Tokyo.
>>
>>32322349
Yemen's a weird info blackhole right now.
>>
>>32322689
Putin's not as smart as you think.

This is one thing he's managed to accomplish out of a shitload of other botched and failed operations and actions.

It's not that Putin's smart, it's that he's not affraid of challenging the West and allies.
>>
>>32322669
>people think she's hot
>she looks like a "meh" Latino
>>
>>32322980
The smart part is that Putin manages to not get burnt even when things don't go his way, not that everything he touches turns to gold.

By contrast, recent US presidents have gotten burnt even when things did go their way, like Iraq and Libya.

Putin accomplishes this simply by backing an actually viable local partner, instead of trying to do the dirty work himself.
>>
>>32323006
>an actually viable local partner
liable*
>>
quit bickering already and give me this morning's report
>>
>>32323015
Whatever bad things you're trying to imply with your semantics, the alternative would be much worse.
See Libya and Iraq.
>>
>>32323031
She looks just like this benzo whore I went to school with.

Not that hot.
You're just a lonely faget.

Faget.
>>
>>32322917
>fake eyes
>fake hair color

No wonder why roach wanting to enslave europeans so badly.
>>
>>32321896
>"I hear you have trouble seeing things my way. You came to the right place."
I keked once. You could have ended there. Good attempt, though.
>>
File: 1480981599519m.jpg (132KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480981599519m.jpg
132KB, 712x1024px
>>32321164
Fuck off back to /sg/ faggot

You think government shills would waste their time arguing with the likes of you on some obscure internet forum? Christ what a special snowflake you are
>>
>>32321515
Whether or not they are ''backed'' by the US or guf states they're still just a bunch of farmers with AKs
>>
>>32323109
And TOWs, and VBIEDs, and tanks, and artillery, ...

And it's not like the majority of loyalist troops aren't the same; this is the middle east we're talking about.
>>
>>32322223
>those digits
>>
why is /sg/ so adamant on saying that anyone against Assad are puppets for the Jews? Do all those posters have paranoiac ailments, or are they just retarded?
>>
>>32322685
Uhh not really.

Early on during this war I agree with you though
>>
>>32321645
Sunnis are drained to fight back now.

This time America won't try to stop them.
>>
>>32322831
""""""""""""""Syrian"""""""""""""" army

Russian army*
>>
>>32322835
About 200 are actively fighting jihadis.
4-5000 are maintaining the shit and manning the boats.
>>
File: umnud.gif (872KB, 560x404px) Image search: [Google]
umnud.gif
872KB, 560x404px
>>32322689
>Obama took a more backseat approach to Libya

You obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about. Please fuck off back to /pol/

>By comparison, Putin is a fucking genius. He's coming out of Ukraine and Syria unscathed, even though these places had all the potential for becoming a fucking mess.

lel
>>
>>32322689
Reagan was a spastic who listened to his dumb ass bitch of a wife who in turn believed in stupid star sign shit and whatnot
>>
>>32323161
>You obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about.
Tell me all about how Obama launched a full-scale invasion of Libya like the Bushes did in Iraq.

Please, I beg you.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>32323172
In his second term, when he was losing his marbles.
Hence why I said "first-term Reagan".
>>
>>32322985
You mean latina?
>>
>>32322831
Wonder how many casualties they took taking an abandoned building, probably lost 20 guys and a BMP
>>
>>32322881
Well they have nominally cut off Mosul.

It's just that they are only attacking Mosul from the east like absolute retards
>>
File: 1477870013691.jpg (60KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477870013691.jpg
60KB, 721x960px
>>32323173
You've just proved yourself even more of a retard lelelelle :')

Obama had nothing to do with Libya, that was an EU operation
>>
File: JalaJal.jpg (123KB, 634x838px) Image search: [Google]
JalaJal.jpg
123KB, 634x838px
>>32323189

Oy vey!!!
>>
>>32323122
Why are poltards dumb spastic that are the kikes are behind every corner?
Autism probably
They're part of the reason it's hard to complain about israel without being branded a crackpot conspiracy theorist
>>
>>32323180
Yeah fair enough, his wife was always batshit crazy iirc though, did he genuinely consult her for stuff or was it just offhand advice, cause I know he started listening to her crackpot shit at some point
>>
>>32323204
Probably ended up having a few guys get blasted apart from ATGMs too
Classic SAA
>>
File: 1481060908694.jpg (25KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
1481060908694.jpg
25KB, 418x475px
>>32323201
>Obama had nothing to do with Libya
>>
File: LibreRus.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
LibreRus.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
>>32323233

SAA + allies have significantly pushed back ISIS terrorists in east #Homs Reports that Russia/n Special Forces are leading this battle.
>>
>>32323201

Good lord, what would possess someone to even post a thing like this?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36013703
>>
>>32323253
>significantly
They widened the perimeter around Tiyas. That's it.
>>
>>32323253
Source and proof of ruskies operating, or just tweets?
Bretty cool if true, gotta ask though, how come a Turkish rape child supports Russia and Syria, shouldn't you be rooting for your moderate beheader family :^)
>>
File: LeTigric.jpg (25KB, 337x302px) Image search: [Google]
LeTigric.jpg
25KB, 337x302px
https://twitter.com/danriversitv/status/809060566820069376
>>
>>32322959
Western media is avoiding it like the plague.
>>
>>32323262
>BBC

Sorry I don't trust the (((BBC))). Either post a PressTV or RT link please

Again I reiterate, Obama had nothing to do with Libya and it was a European operation

What are you some kind of jew shill? ;^)
>>
>>32323027
Aleppo ceasefire is off and on. Rebels are absolutely fucked. The attempted attack on Zahraa in north Aleppo failed miserably.

Looks like Russians + Tigers are pushing ISIS back to Palmyra.

Not much else. Aleppo ending quickly is the most important. Supposedly Iran is asking for the evacuation of Shia villages in Idlib province first and the Nusra guys are denying them.

Meanwhile the Nusra guys are shooting at civilians in Aleppo.
>>
>>32323317
They're not avoiding it, it's just that there's nothing of note going on
>>
>>32323109
And tanks and MANPADs

Have you fucking seen Nusra??
>>
>>32323337
>or RT link please

I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST?
>>
>>32323122
Take your stupid arguments elsewhere

>/sg/

This isn't /pol/
>>
>>32323201

Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>32323339

Kill every single CIA dog in Aleppo.

There are no civilians.

Those who run are CIA dogs.

Those who remain still are well disciplined CIA dogs.
>>
>>32323273
>>32323295
They pushed them back to Palmyra.
>>
Well the day seems like it's wrapping up. Russian SF appear to be on scene as the SAA has recaptured the abandon air defense site outside of T4 bring their buffer back up and continued fighting in eastern Aleppo as the ceasefire for the last few blocks didn't hold. Breaking of a rebel SVIED in Aleppo but I have little information at this time.

Other minor battles in Deir Ezzor , Daara etc but nothing to raise eyebrows.

T4 continues to be the main rally point for the SAA and allies in eastern Homs as IS looks to keep them honest by surrounding the area.

It surprises me eastern Aleppo isn't over. Both sides are extremely bitter. SAA/Shia keep shelling and rebels keep fighting. I kind of agree with the SAA side in that they shouldn't let the remaining rebels go to Idlib. End it now. They keep giving these rebels a second chance in Idlib and it's going to bite them in the ass one day.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1000x563px
>>32323350
>nothing of note is happening
Hmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/images-starving-people-yemen-show-horrors-war/story%3Fid%3D43073216?client=safari
>>
>>32323500
Even in the most optimistic and pure fantasy pro SAA post IS still controls Palmyra. You're sad.
>>
>>32323529
Reread my post
>>
File: CzpmxWcWQAEvtME.jpg (32KB, 907x529px) Image search: [Google]
CzpmxWcWQAEvtME.jpg
32KB, 907x529px
>>32323533
Well here is the current situation around T4 after the SAA (with Russian help) moved up on the air defense base IS moved their pincer to siege the base by taking Sharifah village.
T4 is still in hot water although I doubt it's falling with the Russians there. They won't let it fall at all costs.

https://twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/809072094122278912
>>
>>32323502
I agree, the loyalist forces should just try and kill as many as they can

At the moment they are starving and denormalised, if they're allowed to another front they'll just recuperate and become an effective fighting force again, which in the long run would be considerable more damaging to the loyalist forces
>>
File: finger-guns.jpg (139KB, 838x960px) Image search: [Google]
finger-guns.jpg
139KB, 838x960px
>>32323183
Nope.
>>
>>32323350
Bulllllshit.

It's more or less no one has any clue what's going on there and instead of trying to unravel the clusterfuck, everybody is just avoiding it all together.

Speaking of which, anyone have reliable sources for Yemen? All mine are shaddy and mostly speculation.
>>
>>32323588
Okay I overestimated. You misread my post as well.

Russians saved T4
>>
>>32323617
The problem with that is the international reaction.

Kill too many "civilians" and you invite retaliation by Turkey, Gulf states, or put Trump in a hard position.

Once Aleppo is finished, the Western media obsession with Syria will die down.
>>
>>32323502
Let me guess, the Russians are doing all the legwork again? Amazing

Even in a fervently pro-regime and significant city such as Aleppo, Hezbollah and other Shiite militias literally have to do everything and the SAA/NDF do nothing

What's the point of tying to capture Palmyra again if the SAA/NDF is just going to run away like they did the last time
>>
>>32323640
With T4 about to be sieged it's going get exciting, like Kuweries or something. IS going test them.

Basically IS vs Russia : It's happening!
>>
>>32322400

>Forget Palmyra

They can't let T4 fall into ISIS' hands, that would be the end of any hope for SAA control over Homs, and of the reconquista of Deir-Ezzor
>>
>>32323653
And yet deir ezzor remains red on my map
>>
>>32323652
Listen son, you are not in a position to challenge me intellectually. How FUCKING dare you undermine me by obfusticating my insights into the Syrian war, 'bulllllllshit' hehehehahahahah so funnnny hehe. Your counter opinion literally holds no grounds, I could quite easially explain to you how you're complete wrong but it would be pointless, as I'm well aware that your comment was just written to aggravate me

If you undermined my social authority like that in real life Id follew you home and slit your throat while you slept you fucking piece of shit
>>
>>32323508
>There are no starving children in Aleppo!
>But look at all these starving H*uthi kids! Won't someone think of the children!

I'm done with you fags.
>>
>>32323694
Good comeback but i'll mention Deir Ezzor did get Hezbollah reinforcements, mainly advisers as they have a HQ there.(Ivan posted about it) In the long term it does bring up some questions on who is willing to stick it out to prop up the SAA.
>>
Christ man, my FB is blowing up with normies crying about Aleppo for some reason.

Do these people not realize that Aleppo is now the stablest it has been since the start of the war?
>>
>>32323847
Anon! The CHILDREEN!!!! ASSAD IS MURDERING THEM!!! NOW EVEN MORE THAN EEEEVVAAAAAAR!!!!
>>
>>32323854
The moral masturbation is very fucking real.
>>
>>32323868
I'm so glad that thanks to long time exposure to imageboards i'm now 100% amoral.
>>
File: Czmg20_XcAATBzh.jpg (631KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Czmg20_XcAATBzh.jpg
631KB, 2048x1152px
Meanwhile north of Raqqa
>>
>>32323892
And the turks still "fight" in Al Bab.
>>
>>32323847
>Do these people not realize that Aleppo is now the stablest it has been since the start of the war?
Of course not, media is in full EVIL BABY KILLER mode, hell I just looked at the latest BBC piece and apparently there's still 'up to 50,000' civilians in the rebel area. Since it looked like maybe a dozen blocks they must be stacked pretty damn high in there to fit that many, or it's just ever increasing bullshit to try and convince people it's their problem, got a fair idea myself which it is.

Although that said SAA seem to be making it easy for the media to spout bullshit, if they didn't try t have their cake and eat it all in one go and just went ahead with a simple deal to clear Aleppo they could have been done there and moving onto the other areas they want surrendered already. Guess we should have expected they would find some way to (at least temporarily) fuck up the big prize they've been inching towards for years at the last moment.
>>
>>32323847

>retards crying that the SA has just liberated Aleppo, food and medical supplies now flowing, rebuilding process can soon begin, rebels who were syrians and surrendered early given amnesty

>not a single tear for Palmyra which has just been recaptured by literal terrorists, all supplies to civilians now gone, place is being ransacked and boobytrapped to hell (again), anyone who surrendered beheaded

I never cease to be amazed at how so many people lack critical thinking.
>>
>>32323824
True enough, and honestly the SAA at Deir Ezzor seem to be fairly competent over most shit I see of the SAA (though most is probably just milita shit)
Do we know how the SAA is doing there? Like numbers or anything, they've mostly been supplied by air I know, seems hard to get reinforcements, what did Hezbollah do? Just rock up there?
>>
File: OblongLightConch.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OblongLightConch.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
Mosul
>>
File: c9f0f895fb98ab9159f51fd0297e236d.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
c9f0f895fb98ab9159f51fd0297e236d.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>32323676
is there a chance that there could be chechens in IS ranks over there ?
>>
>>32323967
Chechens are 3rd largest group of ISIS volunteers right after Turks and Arabs from other Arab states.

Those guys spent their lives hunting deer and Russians, now they snipe to please the Kalifh
>>
>>32323967
Chechnya was a mistake, anyone mentally damaged enough to prefer Islam is obviously some kind of mad dog.
>>
>>32323940
Off the top of my head there is about 3,000 SAA troops in Deir, most being under General Zahreddine and two large NDF groups with assorted Hez and Iraqi groups entering after the last IS push.

As far as what they do is hold the line. Deir Ezzor is like a giant SAA firebase with thousands of civilians trapped inside.
>>
>>32323922
>>32323938
The media must be running in overdrive, normally I only ever notice actual muslim immigrants posting about events in Syria on my FB.
>>
>>32323820
>this level of whataboutism and autism
>>
>>32323938

Palmyra was evacuated before ISIS could enter, so there was probably not that many beheadings.

And more importantly, most plebs have completely forgotten what a Palmyra is and have no idea who held it anyway.
>>
>>32324075
The fact the russians didnt stand and fight is sad.

They had the perfect opportunity to bleed ISIS, the terrain is god tier. Instead they just left. There was no real reason to, unless russian command does not think highly of its own forces
>>
>>32324099
Or they just want to bomb the shit out of ISIS and avoid casualities
>>
>>32324099
Since it seems they didn't see it coming at all it actually made more sense for them to fall back to T4 than get drawn into fighting in the city against an unknown strength attacking force. If they stayed and fought in town they would have run the risk of those forces getting bogged down fighting house to house against a few IS guys, whilst the rest waltzed around to the airbase leaving the presumably fairly small Russian party trapped and unable to help at all.

Far better to do what they did and pull everyone back to the airbase, after all losing Palmyra is a nuisance, losing T4 would have been a massive disaster, and at greater risk of occurring had they ended up getting run around by IS elsewhere.
>>
>>32324158
I don't disagree with you for the most part . The Russians SHOULD have seen it coming. I did, everyone here knows I went on and on about IS being at the doorstep of Palmyra. Surely they knew these guys were close by. They could have handled it before IS kicked in the door and cleaned house.

Now Russia is going to have to make a stand somewhere and T4 is it. I'm out till morning updates if they are good.
>>
File: T4 besieged.png (399KB, 645x507px) Image search: [Google]
T4 besieged.png
399KB, 645x507px
>retakes abandoned battalion

The one the Russians just took ?
>>
>>32323820
>UN delivers aid to people in East Aleppo
>Saudis prevent anything going in or out of Yemen
Plz Jihad Yourself
>>
Is Syria still kill?

How long will it take for Syria to become unkill?
>>
>>32324158
>Since it seems they didn't see it coming at all

This is terrible if true.

>>32324117
This is ISIS, given american defenses of FOB's, casualties should have been light, if at all.
>>
>>32315400
This has to be the biggest burger defeat since Vietnam.

Burgers supported terrorists and Al Qaeda yet they still lost.

KEK
>>
>>32324255

A long time, unfortunately. Assad had to allow way too much power to regional warlords and de facto sovereign militias in order to not be rekt by the opposition, so even if the conventional war ends up in a victory for Assad, the power structure is so fucked that there won't be a centralised power. And the infrastructure was also destroyed too much to allow Syria to function normally.
Also, there would be an ongoing guerilla / non-conventional warfare against Assad if he was to win, which would probably drag on for decades. Syria's in for a hell of a ride.
>>
>>32323952
in the beginning of the vid they hit abrams a few times with SPGs. Is there a point though? There is no way it can penetate its armor right?
>>
>>32324222
Oh I agree with you fully that they should have been at least somewhat prepared, but for whatever reasons they seemed to be pants down dick in hand until IS came round the corner and waved.

>>32324266
It's about the only way it makes the slightest sense, if they were on the ball there should have been at least some fight from the NDF guys before they legged it, and some attempts to not abandon every single bit of gear/ammo they had lying around for IS to enjoy. Not to mention the reports of RuAF eventually doing anything seem to suggest they arrived well after the city was largely if not entirely in IS hands already, if they had been the least bit prepared for an attack on their doorstep they would surely have had something ready to go go play whack-a-jihadi the moment IS showed their faces in any numbers.
But nobody was expecting anything or running any surveillance on the surrounding area it seems, so we got a complete clusterfuck as they got taken entirely by surprise and NOPED the hell out of there instantly.
>>
>>32324353
No not really. Maybe throw a track or destroy optics.
>>
>>32324255
Probably for the next decade at least, Assad essentially made a deal with the devil (local warlords) to remain in power, wrestling control back from all those third party regional power brokers will be next to impossible when you're central power has all but decayed.
>>
File: dro3.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dro3.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>32320104
>literally a jew troll
>/pol/ poster

You might be right actually.
>>
File: dro3-2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dro3-2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>32323892
Wrath of Euphrates is so much cooler sounding than Euphrates Shield. The Kurds are real bros.
>>
File: CzLwWMlXUAEdb-u.jpg (133KB, 674x1014px) Image search: [Google]
CzLwWMlXUAEdb-u.jpg
133KB, 674x1014px
>>
File: 1481246357650.png (486KB, 1021x538px) Image search: [Google]
1481246357650.png
486KB, 1021x538px
>>32320104
yes
>>
>>32324266
ISIS would more than likely be overjoyed to throw everything they had at Russians, I don't think it'd be like Defending an American FOB in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'd imagine they'd hit the Russians hard at first, cause some casualties, get repelled by the Russians, and then resort to normal ME guerrilla tactics until the Russians either leave then they take Palymara or Russians hold until Assad's forces can hold the area.
>>
>>32320217
Cause it was a nice place before the conflict?
>>
>>32324962
Not bad at all from a tourism point of view.
>>
>>32324962
It wasn't awful, really one of the better middle eastern countries behind Israel and Jordan. You could definitely drive around the country without getting suicide bombed or beheaded.
>>
File: 1453748238067.jpg (5KB, 171x158px) Image search: [Google]
1453748238067.jpg
5KB, 171x158px
Wait, so there are people in these threads who support the Jihadi animals who just got their ass handed to them?
>>
>>32325074

Both sides are retarded animals as far as im concerned. The only reason im sad is because they have stopped killing each other in aleppo.

Hope springs eternal for a resurgence though.
>>
>>32325074
Wait, why do we so many staged questions from Assadhoes, about stuff that didnt happen this way or are questioned in a certain way leaving out vital details in order to press some narritive?
>>
>>32325074
Both sides are utter savages to be fair
>>
>>32325074
Yup, there has been since pretty much the beginning, although the fewer successes the beheaders had the less often their supporters would shitpost loudly. Always gone back and forth with whichever side was having more success that week as to which bunch of fanboys would be crowing loudest.

>>32325091
Did you miss the whole collapse of the ceasefire deal and resumption of shooting then?
>>
>>32325111
you'd better be a savage too, if your nicest opponents were moderate beheaders
>>
>>32325233
No I wouldn't because I'm not from a culturally backwater region that can't even operate in the most basic tactical sense

Both the SAA and the people they are fighting have devolved from conventional forces to literal gangs running around stamping out fires across the theater

Its frustrating to watch how inept everyone is involved in the Syrian Civil War
>>
>>32324555
ouch
>>
File: 1481664487540.jpg (68KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1481664487540.jpg
68KB, 500x491px
>>32323172
Vatnik butthurt that Saint Ronnie fucked Russia into a third-world banana republic.
>>
>>32325261
>if my nicest opponents were moderate beheaders
>I wouldn't be a savage
>because my nicest opponents wouldn't be moderate beheaders
you should work on your abstraction-fu

>Its frustrating to watch how inept everyone is involved in the Syrian Civil War
usual ass backward shitholes: what did you expect?
also, don't keep your hopes that high as to your country, whichever it is, really
optimism always is the surest way to disappointment
>>
>>32325342
My point is I don't support either side but laugh on the fence at how retarded and inept everyone involved with the Syrian Civil War is

I don't get emotionally invested like you are on one side
>>
>The Syrian Civil war is still happening
>>
File: 0m0hf9a5epqx.jpg (48KB, 601x594px) Image search: [Google]
0m0hf9a5epqx.jpg
48KB, 601x594px
>>
>>32325361
>emotionally invested
I indeed rationalize crushing such savages as beheading jihadis (whether they started as proto moderate beheaders or were complete animals already), even to the point of answering savagery with savagery, which is the essence of self defense to start with
does that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside?
nope.
that you gotta do what you gotta do doesn't make it great: just unavoidable
>>
>>32325292
Kys faggot retard, go find if there's some more actor cock you can wrap your asshole over you cum guzzling cock mashing star loving ball fondling cunt
>>
>>32325457
:^)
>>
>>32325457
You know, this post is really funny if you read it non stop with a southern accent.
>>
File: He's got The Touch.jpg (85KB, 564x700px) Image search: [Google]
He's got The Touch.jpg
85KB, 564x700px
>>32325074
I'm here primarily to follow the war, without any interest in who wins. Retards who support Jihadis should just be ignored. Same with rabid Assad suporters. Its not like public support for or against anyside in this is going to be a big deal before its all over, now

Also, I like posting Assads face
>>
>>32316391
Is that Billy Waugh?
>>
File: 1481093952601.png (26KB, 1245x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1481093952601.png
26KB, 1245x1042px
>>32321494
>there are people in this thread right now who will get mad if you refer to these savages as sandniggers

Must feel good to be so naive
>>
File: KuraveSy.jpg (373KB, 1392x1392px) Image search: [Google]
KuraveSy.jpg
373KB, 1392x1392px
https://twitter.com/AegeanHawk/status/809114621017751552
>>
>>32325696
Looks to be primarily logistics vehicles
>>
>>32325696
Gorka spotted
>>
>>32323962
>ywn shoot a ksvk in anger with a pitch battle going on around
>>
File: 1469343130779.jpg (214KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
1469343130779.jpg
214KB, 648x864px
https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassyC/status/809080064340004864
>>
I dont understand /k/

I just saw (((CNN))) and (((FOX))), and they are both saying there is still fighting in Aleppo.
I'm pretty confident that the fighting is over, the rebels rounded up, and the situation over there is pretty much cleaned up.

Where are these "news" places reporting from?
>>
>>32326082
i dont get this, context?

>>32326399
people on the ground, you really think the fighting is over? rebels still "control" like 15 blocks of city
>>
>>32326399
Apparently there is still some fighting.
Remember, the rebels there are not one unified unit. There are literally dozends of gangs. Some might have surrendered, some were even brought to Idlib already, others might have hid themselves until now.
Others just control their 1-2 building blocks and still resist.

Its super chaotic right now.
>>
>>32325091
>Both sides are retarded animals as far as im concerned.
Found the fucking Al Qaeda/ISIS terrorist. Someone report this POS to the FBI so he can be jailed.
>>
>>32326560
Lel I can't tell if this is a serious post or not, just because you don't support a side doesn't mean you're automatically a Jihadist sympathizer
>>
File: 14712917731840.jpg (45KB, 489x604px) Image search: [Google]
14712917731840.jpg
45KB, 489x604px
>>32326448

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBFCRNm-zyY
>>
>>32321872
I can't be interested in a war if I don't have a side to root for honestly. This is why I never followed Syria closely, and this is the first time I went into a Syria thread.
>>
>>32321872
Picking sides is where the fun is, is it not?

Same with sports, if you don't have a favorite team or a favorite athlete to root for, why bother watching?
>>
>>32326787
The fun is in seeing war and observing the depravity of man, not blindly rooting for faggots
Save that shit for when it's your own country in a war
>>
>>32326787
Speak for yourself nigger, I'm just enjoying some monkeys chimp it out with each other. Y'know, enjoying the war, and the stupid shit that happens it.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/aleppo-falls-to-syrian-regime-bashar-al-assad-rebels-uk-government-more-than-one-story-robert-fisk-a7471576.html

An interesting read.. but personally i doubt the narrative in the media will change.
>>
This is what happens when you have a poorly defended salient extending deep into the desert, surrounded on 3 sides
>>
>>32327820
They tried to push beyond Palmyra after they took it the first time but ISIS was roasting anyone who pushed out of the city. They couldn't even contest the oil facilities man.
>>
>>32327938
the oil facilities seem much more strategic and vital than the city itself in my opinion
>>
>>32328002
iirc the Shaer gas fields are the biggest strategic and economic prize in that area, ISIS has routinely been handling it
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.