[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i'm going to a shooting range for the first time tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: range.jpg (221KB, 631x420px) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
221KB, 631x420px
so i'm going to a shooting range for the first time tomorrow. any advice on range etiquette or how to not look like an idiot?
>>
>>32315068
dont be an idiot and you'll be fine
>>
>>32315068
Don't shoot the floor, roof, walls or target carriage assemblies. Don't be a self righteous cunt
>>
Indoor range officers might be huge assholes. So be prepared to suck it up and be their bitch if you want to shoot there.

If it's outdoors you're probably fine. Outdoor ranges are a lot more lax.
>>
>Always point the gun downrange.
>Know if the gun is loaded or not, if you aren't sure, check it.
>Keep earpro on always
> Make sure you aren't pelting anyone with brass
>>
File: K Firearm Essentials.png (804KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
K Firearm Essentials.png
804KB, 1920x1080px
>>32315068
>>
>>32315068
basic safety rules, clear and don't touch gun during cold range, check what kind of gun or ammo does the range allow, stuff like that.

I forgot all those greentext range stories so there might be other dick moves you should avoid.
>>
Remember that shooting someone else's target is an invitation for sex
>>
File: girlbiggun.jpg (62KB, 668x498px) Image search: [Google]
girlbiggun.jpg
62KB, 668x498px
>>32315068
who are you going with? are you getting a lesson? is it indoor or outdoor?

you'll with out a doubt get a safety lecture before if it's an indoor range and have to sign a waiver. READ ALL OF IT AND PAY ATTENTION.

start with a 22 pistol or rifle if you can. I highly recommend new shooters take lessons for quality instructors.
>>
You are gonna flinch like a bitch every time a gun goes off for the first few minutes until you get used to it because guns are fucking loud.
>>
When a range goes cold just drop the magazine, lock the slide back, and place the gun down. You can reload mags while you are waiting but do not fuck around with your gun period like just leave it on the table man
>>
>>32315068
dont forget to wear a buttplug
>>
>>32315068
If you can't figure something out or want help, dont be afraid to ask someone about it. But, be prepared to get an earfull
>>
>>32315068
Nigga, you're going to a range, not a dinner party. Just go there, find an empty lane, and just enjoy yourself without worrying about what's going on around you just like everyone else there.
So long as you don't do something beyond retarded like run onto the range while it's hot or try spinning a loaded gun you'll be fine.
>>
know the local range rules ahead of time.

More than likely the range will have a website that has the posted rules in it. taking the time to look through these will save a shit load of headaches. It'll tell you things like what ammo is allowed, any rapid fire rules, how to handle the gun when taking it to and from the line, whether or not you need a chamber flag...ect. It would suck to go there only to find out that they have a "no steel case" rule and all you have is tula, or that they require eye protection and have to shell out for their overpriced ammo and shop goggles.

Seriously, just read and know the rules ahead of time and you'll be pretty good to go. Assuming every range is the same is the easiest way of getting an RO finger waggling you and he won't take his attention off of you till you haven't fucked up after a while.
>>
>>32315068
Exact same post with exact same pic 5 or 6 days ago. You're just making meta threads. Die in a fire.
>>
>>32315068
Don't bathe/comb hair for a few days, look sad as shit, try to smell like alcohol, and ask to rent one gun, with one box of ammo, no you don't need to buy a target.
>>
>>32315134
Not to mention, the concussive pressure you feel, especially indoors.
>>
>>32315068
Pistol or rifle? Either way learn some fundamentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTNa-8qRGXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrC6pYi7Wk

I could link to some fancy practice targets, unless you want to just blast at some overall-wearing jigaboo.
>>
>>32315068
Report yourself for re-education you ticking school shooting time bomb
>>
i cannot stress this enough
>keep the gun pointed in a safe direction AT ALL TIMES.
imagine a laser beam that cuts everything in its path coming out of the muzzle
>keep your finger OFF the trigger until ready to fire
if nothing else, remember and follow these two rules constantly and youll be fine. most everything else can be forgiven if you follow these two rules to a T
>>
>>32315097

>make sure you arent pelting anyone with your brass

How would you do that? For example my sks spits shells anywhich way it feels like. Usually forwards. Sometimes straight up. Sometimes to either side. One or two strays might end up behind me per session

I get it if you have a gun that spits shells in a nice perfect arc - youd want to make sure no one is being rained on. But how do you do this in a situation like mine?

Personally its all part of the game not my problem. I dont want my shells landing on you either but shit happens and theres nothing that can be done about it.
>>
>>32315068
Take it slow and think about what you are doing.
>>
>>32315068

Assuming you're going by yourself

If it any point, if anything you're doing feels wrong, or you become unsure of yourself in any way, don't be scared to grab the range officer and tell him it's your first time shooting

If you're worried about spaghetti now, it's better to have some sort of guidance once you're there, than to worry about the spaghetti after you goof
>>
>>32315751
MANY
kek's

were just now had.
Sir my sides took flight
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.