[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kel tec su16 series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: images (4).jpg (4KB, 400x126px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
4KB, 400x126px
What do you guys think about the SU-16C? Or the CA?
I'm thinking of getting one, cuz I'm not poor, but not exactly well off. And after watching some pretty thorough reviews, the C variant seems like a solid choice.

I just recently bought my first scattergatter for home defense. Now I want a rifle for true 2nd amendment purposes. And then I'll be looking at concealed carry.
>>
Have fun getting the plastic shards removed from your face when the receiver blows up

because it will

because it's a Kel-Tec
>>
>>32313229
OK, can you name a decent AR for around that price range?
>>
No firsthand experience, but all the reviews make them sound solid.

I run a PSA ar15 for 3 Gun and classes. Cost me $500 to throw together. Has about 2,000 rounds through with no malfunctions yet. I see a lot of M&P15s, which run $625 here, and all perform well
>>
>>32313229
nigga, do you mean glock?

according to real live people who buy things and use them, the SU-16 is fine.
>>
>>32313270
any parts kit AR
>>
>>32313338
>>32313366
Thanks to both for that. I truly just wanted to feel more assured about the choice. I'm planning on buying rifle then sidearm to have all three covered and then going the save up for real guns thing.
Here's my plan for what I really want but have to save the money for.

Next scattergatter:
>Benelli supernova

Next rifle:
>Smith enterprise Mk 14 EBE

Handgun:
>Dunno yet. Maybe hk USP

>Also dubs don't lie.
>>32313366
>>
Was supposed to say ebr. Stupid autocorrect
>>
>>32313215
They're ok, but I don't really like the flimsy underfolder.
I'd say get an ARES but those are 'spensive in comparison
>>
>>32313559
Yeah, that's my one rule as of now. I want to buy shotgun, rifle, and handgun quickly just to have all my bases covered. And then go for the saving up/building route. I can drop $500/$650 in a month for a given firearm. I just feel the urge to have my bases covered asap.
>>
>>32313215
I like mine for backpacking, but I also have the one that holds 10 Rd mags in the stock.
>>32313229
Never had a problem with mine
>>
>>32314427
I am feeling more and more resolute in this decision. I like it for not only price, but adaptability, convenience, adaptability, light weight, and apparent reliability. I can understand why most won't like it, but it seems to be a reliable rifle.

>May not win any beauty contests but it could win shooting contests
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>32313270
Pic related is the budget AR. No frill and not amazing. Still, it's an AR and it'll shoot the bullet just as well as any other.
>>
File: SU_16_Folding01.jpg (111KB, 1200x343px) Image search: [Google]
SU_16_Folding01.jpg
111KB, 1200x343px
>>32314427
That's the one I'm considering in pic related. It can hold either two 10 round mags or one 30 round mag at a semi-sideways angle. But can only apparently use gi-aluminum mags

>Pic related the Kel tec su-16c
>>
>>32314563
So search for an m&p 15?
>>
>>32313215
They just fine. I had one I used to use for camping. Shot coyotes, rabbits, urrything with it.

It's no wall hanger but they work just fine
>>
>>32314577
If budget is your primary concern, by all means. Hell, here's one going for $660.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/955667412/Smith-and-Wesson-M-P-Sport-II-AR-15.htm
>>
>>32313215
I have one, it's a decent lightweight rifle. The integrated bipod isn't that good but if you use .223 the recoil is negligible anyways. It has trouble ejecting steel case ammo, and it heats up fast. But it's piss easy to disassemble and clean.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good rifle, with lots of neat features. Well worth the price.
>>
>>32314571
I couldn't fit a 30rd pmag in there, but I'll have to try it with a stanag tonight when I get home. The rifle can use pmag though. The 10 rounds are pretty secure in there though, I doubt a 30 rd will stay in well
>>
>>32314773
Mk. Again I'm not quoting this from experience. Just from a seemingly solid review I watched. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/rlxph5UvtBQ
>>
>>32313229
The plastic shards remove pretty easily, at least try something before you bash it.
>>
>>32313435
>Next rifle:
>>Smith enterprise Mk 14 EBE
>Handgun:
>>Dunno yet. Maybe hk USP

Oooooh, a discerning gentleman of taste! Me likey.
>>
>>32313229
>parroting memes because you're a fudd

Kel Tecs are fine. If they were shit then they wouldn't be vaporware. I also owna Gen2 Sub2000 and have ran about 2k rounds worth of +P .40 through it with zero issues. Yes, you can probably find a budget AR (S&W or PSA) for about the same price, but buy what you want.
>>
>>32313366
Glocks are fine and glocknade is almost always caused by idiots putting the wrong ammo in them.
>>
File: 20130512_110434_Android.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130512_110434_Android.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Feels like a toy, shoots like a dream.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.