[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (78KB, 1024x703px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 1024x703px
What's with the "you gotta replace the glock sights" meme?

What's the reason for this, is it because they're plastic? What are some good replacements and do I need a special tool to do it?

Do they have to be night sights or can I get something cheaper
>>
File: lVlPvCB.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
lVlPvCB.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>whole frame is plastic
ok

>trigger is plastic
ok

>sights are plastic
BETTER REPLACE THAT SHIT
>>
>>32312247
Glock factory sights are pretty crude.

The ball-in-cup is okay for daylight combat use, but shit for precision and shit for night use. And there's better daylight combat sights anyway.

They don't have to be night sights. Unless you wish to be able to see them at night, then they do.

Yes, you need a sight pusher tool.
>>
>>32312286
>all polymers are the same

The sights will probably fall out. Get a better gun next time.
>>
>>32312298
>The ball-in-cup is okay for daylight combat use, but shit for precision and shit for night use. And there's better daylight combat sights anyway.
yea, you are gonna recommend the str8 8's or Big Dot lollipop next.... fuck outta here with that shit.

The beerpong sights are perfectly fine for everything. The "m-muh fragile/reliability" came from the front sights that just had a push-pin type device to hold it in place, which has since been replaced with a screw-in type that is loctited into place.

fuck outta heaa
>>
>>32312335
>not liking Heinie
Fag.
But anyway I was actually referring to Bo-Mar or Novak for shit like competition use.
>perfectly fine for everything
Gaston go and stay go. You can't even see them at night.
>>
>>32312370
>You can't even see them at night.
bitch you can't see ANYTHING at night. Are you a fuckin Owl?

Trits are nice, esp Y/G/Y or G/Y/G, but nothing beats a brass ball for a front sight and a blackout rear, too bad no one makes one with a trit insert... or if they custom fab it, they want damn near half the cost of a glock.
>>
>>32312400
And of all those sights you just mentioned, which one comes factory on a glock?

That's right, none of them.

Therefore, a reason to swap out the factory sights.
>>
Are those Glock Night sights any good?
>>
>>32312795

glock factory night sights are just meprolights so they're good and not extremely expensive like trijicon hd's

I actually got a few sets from meprolight themselves as they have different options - yellow rears with green front making it easier to line up shorts in low light correctly.
>>
>>32312897
I did have an offer yesterday, 100$ for yellow Trijicon HDs, kind of missed the opportunity...

Now i've got to choose from Glock, TRUGLO and Mepro, but can't really make up my mind.
>>
I honestly don't mind the stock glock sights, they work decently enough. It's not like an absolute must buy, but if you want to upgrade the gun that's where to start.
>>
>>32312960
truglo TFOs
>>
>>32312298
>you need a sight pusher tool.
I'm calling bullshit. I did mine with a mallet and a nylon rod I bought on eBay.
>>
>>32312247
>What are some good replacements

Trijicon HD's, Dawson Fiber Optics or Defoor Ameriglos. Take your pick. And please, don't get plain three dot night sights.
>>
>>32312960

I've heard of Truglo's breaking tritium vials or the fiber optic falling out but maybe they've stepped up their QC nowadays?

The reason why I went with meprolights (same as glock factory night sights) is that I'm cheap and just need steel sights for low light/night time usage. My eye sight is still good so I have no problems lining up the grey/white 3 dots during the day with the meprolights. But at night I love seeing 2 yellow + 1 green glowing dots on my night stand.
>>
Securityfag here, I work armored car and my duty gun is a Glock 17 and it came with the stock plastic sights. The rear sight got banged off two weeks after carrying when it got hit against the courier door. I pushed it back on with my thumb hoping it wouldn't fall out the for the rest of my shift. Replace plastic sights asap if you ever intend to carry glocks owb and do a lot of physical activity. I'd say any sight that can survive a shoulder height drop is 10x better than stock sights
>>
>>32314991
Idk, but truglo seem to be a little clunky to me, i'd buy 'em if i had to.

Mepro are available at my local shop, there are following options available G/G/G, O/G/O, Y/G/Y.
I guess i'd have to try 'em all before buying any set or do You have any suggestions?

And one other thing, that parabola present in Trijicon HD rear sight is it really helpful?
>>
>>32312286
The sights are made from a plastic that is not similar to the frame of the gun at all.

They deform and break very easily. When the gun is being pulled in and out of a holster they will get fucked up.
>>
>>32312960
TFX sights, best of both worlds.
>>
>>32312247
I don't understand why glock chose that sight picture, I find it annoying to aim with my glock 26 . My xdm's sight is much more comfortable to use.
>>
>>32315982
But they cost twice as much as Mepro
>>
>>32312247
The sight picture is fine, the soft plastic the sights are made of is not. My sights deformed after a little bit of use in a holster. My front sight was on a slant. I replaced them with a Glock steel rear sight and a Glock tritium front sight.
>>
>>32312795
they're not bad. They aren't the best but they do the job adequately.
>>
>>32315908

The U rear combined with the orange dot up front with trijicon HD helps with very fast target acquisition in stressful combat situations.

Another alternative you can look at are Ameriglos. They have a variety of different styles and I like the Spartan sights. Those have an orange lamp up front similar to the Trijicon HD's.
>>
>>32316181
I have very limited choice of any gun-related product.

No one imports Ameriglo up here. My only choice is truglo, mepro, glock and some hi-viz.
>>
File: 1447807499664.jpg (642KB, 2200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1447807499664.jpg
642KB, 2200x1467px
>>32316270
Try trijicons
>>
>>32316302
I would, but the only importer in my country don't have them in its offer and that won't change any time soon I guess.

I've tried to have them imported from the US, but nah bruh, we won't send 'em. ITAR.
>>
>>32316317
Burris and Vortex are made over seas?
The stock sights arent bad, and if you have to use it at night, a light on the pistol makes them stand out crisp and clear.

What country?
>>
>>32316354
Poland.
>>
>>32312247
I don't like them because there's not enough air around the front sight and just using the white painted ball in cup isn't precise enough to be fun at the range. For non-night sights they're fine for defensive use but if you want to punch the center out at the range, or see them at night, they pretty much suck.
SIG, and this is coming from someone who thinks SIG's are lame ass gay homo guns for fairies and wannabes alike, but SIG X-ray 3 sights are the best I've ever used. After that, factory HK sights are probably my second favorite.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (959KB, 2437x2301px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
959KB, 2437x2301px
I'm not a fan of the sight picture. I got used to it enough on my Glock 41 but I do wan't to add night sights at some point. Not sure what brand to go with though
>>
>>32315946

Mhm. I remember when my glock 26 fell off my couch and onto a carpeted floor (wood flood under neath) Only fell like foot and a half if that, the front sight was so dented.
>>
>>32316394
meprolight
>>
>>32316377
Can you import from other EU countries?
>>
File: glock sights.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
glock sights.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
My front sight looks like shit after a month
>>
>>32316453
Yeah, i think once they're past ITAR everything should be fine.

I may be afraid of the cost though. What's on your mind?
>>
>>32316478
http://www.optics-world.nl/winkel/index.php?cPath=6_200_298

http://optics-world.nl/winkel/index.php?cPath=6_105_199
>>
>>32316523
I've had simple night sights on my mind all time, but thanks for the link.

Price bumps a little, with shipping i'd say it will cost me 210 bucks for a set of Trijicon HD.
>>
File: IMG_7221.jpg (121KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7221.jpg
121KB, 800x574px
>>32312298
I actually like the stock Glock basketball sights. Glock aren't really accurate enough for tricked out sights anyways unless you're Hickok.
>>
>>32316657

Dude, there is plenty ppl who are putting lead on steel at 300 meters with a G19. Only with after market sights. So don't say they're not that accurat, cause they are fag.
>>
>>32316657
The gun can do it, apparently you can't...
>>
>>32316823
Yup, if you use an RMR and good 124gr +P
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.