[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be 21 in a few months, time for a NY pistol permit. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: WTF.jpg (76KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
76KB, 675x900px
Gonna be 21 in a few months, time for a NY pistol permit. What should I get as an EDC? I'm attached to 1911 style platforms.

>INB4 meme caliber
>>
>>32311092
an sa/da or striker da compact 9mm because everything else is just contrarian
>>
>>32311108
Now THAT's a meme caliber.
>>
>>32311092
>NY
>Actually issuing a CCW
lel
>>
>>32311133
I don't live in NYC, so it's pretty easy* to get a CCW.

*lol compare with VT
>>
File: 1448661714487.jpg (64KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1448661714487.jpg
64KB, 1024x683px
>>32311092
CZ
>>
>>32311140
Then get a 1911.
>In a meme caliber

Colt Delta Elite with Bar-sto barrel
>>
>>32311140
So not NYC probably not Albany Syracuse or buffalo. ..... southern tier western plains or upstate?
>>
>>32311092
NY isn't that bad with issuing permits unless it is in NYC, the five surrounding buroughs, or Albany.

That said the state still sucks and just wants to take all your money. I used to be a County CO and they refused to use my prints on file or my photos on file with the department so I would have had to spend however much it is for fingerprinting now even though they had my prints already. There is a reason it's called Jew York.

If you intend to CC, you better be a really big guy if you wanna CC a 1911. I would personally suggest a Shield or G19 (not a fan of glocks but admit they are the jack of all trades master of none pistol). If you want "style" get a SW j frame .357, or if you don't mind a tiny bit more bulge and weight, a SW k frame .357
>>
Well, the problems with CC in NY is you better have insurance. If you ever fucking use that thing your done. They'll take your gun forever as evidence and destroy it too. You'll be up for manslaughter or murder since NY doesn't fucking care. This isn't the US this is NY you have to remember that. I really need to get my permit i've put it off forever but fuck it.
>>
>>32311728
Albany resident confirms particularly jew york assessment. That said the local gunstores are actually worth checking out and while private ranges are limited the various DEC folk generally don't have a problem with sensible target shooting in the woods provided no trees are shot and you clean up after your self..... just pay the jews for the hunting license
>>
>>32311092
Why so you need a permit to exercise a Constitutional right?
>>
>>32311092
I refuse to get mine cause i believe its unconstitional. but I also live in erie county
>>
>>32312546
because we are attached to that fucking boat anchor new york city. and people from upstate cant be bothered to go vote for a Republican Governor.
>>
>>32312546
Jew York ladies and gentlemen Jew York.
>>
>>32311092

>1911 style platforms
>style
>platforms

That's a funny way of saying you like old obsolete low capacity huge single action only pistols
If you want to carry a .45 ACP pistol, carry a glock 21
>>
>>32312577
Upstate does but Albany Syracuse Buffalo do much to veto rural and conservative voices.
>>
>>32312608
>quintessentially glocksucker

Bravo on hitting all the marks
>>
>>32312624
Thx

But seriously a 1911 I'd a terrible gun yo carry because it's fucking huge
>>
>>32311092
Well it's NY so there's no point in getting a HSLD hicap 9. You get ten rounds, bitchboi, use them carefully.

1911 or revolver.
>>
>>32312652
Slim though and most of the year is at least light jacket weather if north of the city
>>
>>32312658
I will laugh if the 10mm 1911 gets to be a big thing in NY
>>
>>32312608
10 round limit for New York State so capacity is a hard limit to begin with. Thus we choose more between concealibility, power, recoil, comfort, price, and most critically availability. This is the future of all fudd states
>>
>>32311092
make sure you test all the possible candidates.

All memeing aside, you may find that a smaller gun like the glock 19 is better for CC.

I personally went with the g43 because I have tiny sausage fingers, so it helped to get a smaller grip to hang on to. However, unless you have 200+usd to throw into upgrades to the sights and mags, I'm not sure I could recommend it.
>>
>>32312889
Or see what fits besides a glock or 1911. Lot of sizes and shapes so bound to be something good enough within the budget. ...... maybe even cheaper than the ccw permit
>>
>>32311108
One of the chief advantages of 9mm is its superlative capacity. The case to pick it over other options becomes much weaker if you are limited to 7 rounds or 10 rounds like some of the people in New Yorkistan are.
>>
>>32311728
>NY isn't that bad with issuing permits unless it is in NYC

Stopped reading right there, they make jump through some bullshit paperwork. Took me 11.5 months to get my permit when I lived in NY and this is from someone without a single spec of dust in their record. I probably spent over $300 on notary bullshit and stuff related to getting the permit.

I knew a retired colonel who got a "restricted" license which means is only for range fun. It's bullshit.
>>
>>32312961
County to county consistency is not a thing at all. Albany Schenectady Saratoga counties you get what you just described. Schoharie, Columbia and dutchess whole different story and all people who live less than an hour drive from the capital
>>
>>32312840

Carry a revolver in .357 magnum
>>
>>32313092
Eyeing an 8 shot in exactly that. Buddy in another state let me use it not sure which sw but smooth cycle and good trigger
>>
>>32312961

Jesus anon I'm so sorry

I'm here in nc where we need a permit to purchase a pistol and it sucks

>fill it out online
>pay 5 bucks per each permit
>go to county sheriffs office
>pick up permit(s)
>go to ffl to buy gun
>ffl keeps the permit

It's so draconian and retarded but it's not nearly as bad as the oppression you live under
>>
>>32313120
>8 shots of .357

His gun's either a Smith and Wesson Model 27/28, 327, 627, or R8. They're actually the direct descendants of the Registered Magnum, which was the very first gun developed to fire .357. All of the guns in this line are rather expensive, but they're awesome.
>>
>>32313122
I moved to Based Florida 2 yrs ago so I don't give a fuck, when I applied to my concealed in Florida I did it all by mail from NY.

Fuck NY and their bullshit only cucks says "it's not that bad"
>>
>>32313122
I'm Erie county it's
1. Be 21
2.complete a safety course we're you don't get to handle let alone shoot a pistol.
3. Submit paperwork with a fee has to have references some towns make you have all 4 from the same town.
4.along with the paperwork you get fingerprinted which is another fee
5. Submit that to the sheriff and wait about 8-14 months before they get around to it
6. They call you you go in for a interview.
7. About 98% of the time you get issued a hunting/target liscanse and have to wait about five years before you get accepted for a ccw.
10. Judge decides what you get, then you go buy one take the receipt to the registry place have them put it on your liscanse and go pick it up.

This is Erie county other county's are. It half as bad and most don't have the hunting/target.
>>
>>32313154
627 looks about right and good to hear on solid. Would it be up to buffalo bore tier for woods use or should I go ruger later on?
>>
>>32312949
Doesn't NY also restrict ammo types?

Like you can't get any overpressurized 9 or any of that Underwood Triple Penetrator Pussy Fucker Extreme or whatever?
>>
>>32313205
Columbia county is the same process but typically less than a year for ccw unless you are not liked by inbred county officials
>>
>>32313219
The only Smith and Wessons that ever had problems with continuous Magnum loads were the K-frame ones like the Model 19. This was because they were just slightly reinforced versions of the .38 special Model 10.

All of the magnums they've made since they found out the Model 19s/66s were shooting themselves loose have been made with an eye for holding up to sustained use of 125 grain .357s (the kind that's hardest on the gun).

Of course, this is all a moot point because the Registered Magnum and all of its descendants never had any problems with hot ammo to begin with. They have the bombproof nature of the Ruger wheelguns while having the nice triggers and elegant lines of a S&W. Their only downside is that they're pretty big guns.
>>
>>32313266
Would be the first I heard of that bullshit. Far as I know New Jersey is the main issue with ammo re hollow point. Now we cannot mail/internet order ammo to private citizens in NY
>>
>>32313266
I didn't know that NY restricted the kinds of ammo you can use, but it's not at all surprising to hear that it does. Even if it didn't, I would be careful about carrying with high power boutique ammo or ammo that isn't marketed specifically for self-defense due to the very real chance of getting ruined by a prosecutor and left-leaning jury over it.
>>
>>32313306
And I live north of Albany so coat most of the year and thanks for the info. I shall need it in a year or so but till then go 44 mag lever gun for home as my 45-70 is a bit much
>>
>>32311092
What is that/where did you get it?
>>
>>32313335
This is sadly on point. No restrictions needed to limit ammo types when a lawyer is behind every brick
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.