[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C&R licenses, literally why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Lahti_L-35-1.jpg (10KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lahti_L-35-1.jpg
10KB, 250x166px
Europoor here, for some time I have been wondering; I keep hearing/reading about Curio and Relic licenses, why does it even exist? I read an article saying more or less "it's great for getting cheap guns", does that mean something like I go to a store, see a $1000 Garand, show my license and the price magically drops to $300?

Before you go calling me a retard, that's what the explanations I have gotten so far sound like.
>>
>>32310752
The reason for the "price drop" is because C&R holders can buy direct from wholesalers, middleman (think like Gander) gets cut out.
>>
>>32310761
that was fast, and exactly zero "retard"s and/or "shouldn't you be at school?"s, my faith in 4chan is returning...
>>
>>32310752
>>32310761
can also get C&R weapons sent to your house without being an FFL i believe
>>
>>32310781
the aussies are starting to migrate away from 4chan
>>
>>32310752
1. Garand is literaly just one option.
2. Can get tons of Euroshit for $250-500
3. Can get shit pistols.
4. Can get unissued SKS for $450
5. Can have gun shipped to house
>>
>>32310752
The license is so cheap ($30 for three years I believe) that it pays for itself after avoiding FFL transfer fees for one or two purchases
>>
>>32310784
You are an FFL (C&R is an FFL, there's more than one kind), just not the "sell guns for profit" kind, but yes
>>
>>32310784
c&r IS a FFL you shitcuck
>>
File: 1467514910878.png (197KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467514910878.png
197KB, 500x300px
>>32310808
>not the "sell guns for profit"
wrong
>>
File: CRredacted.jpg (229KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CRredacted.jpg
229KB, 1024x768px
>>32310784

wew lad.
>>
>>32310784
You are probably thinking of "antique" class weapons, with receivers made pre-1899 and that are not otherwise classed in a restricted category, like a SBR/SBS or machine-gun.
>>
>>32310945
You might wanna check the restrictions on C&R's again
>>
>>32310752
We don't get a C&R license to buy things in a store, we get them to buy things online and have them shipped to our door. It's $30 and one purchase online will negate the transfer fee an FFL will tack on.
>>
>>32311023
I'm pretty sure that you can get C&R eligible firearms shipped to the address on your license, since it's an FFL. You'd just have to log in any guns shipped to you with your license.
>>
>>32310806
What are the requirements for getting one?
>>
>>32312398
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=C%26R+requirements
>>
>>32310752
With a C&R In Commiefornia you can:
>skip 10 day waiting period on eligible firearms
>buy ammo without a permit (as of 2017)
>continue to have ammo shipped to your door (as of 2017)
>own standard capacity magazines (with collectors permit)
>have firearms shipped directly to you

What's not to like about it?
>>
>>32310781
Shouldn't you be at retard school?
>>
>>32312096
W-what about private sales?
>>
>>32310808
You can sell guns and make a profit on them. Why does this retarded myth keep getting spread around on the internet? All it states is that you can't use it for a business. And no, making a profit doesn't make a business venture.
>>
>>32312557
You cannot use your c&r to buy with the intent to resell.

Interestingly enough, if you have a type 1 FFL (regular gun store license) you must try to make a profit off of your sales or the ATF won't renew your license.
>>
>>32312604
It doesn't say that at all.
>The principal advantage of a Collector's License, therefore, is that a collector can acquire Curios or Relics in interstate commerce. Although a licensed collector may acquire and dis pose of Curios or Relics at any location, dispositions to nonlicensees must generally be made to residents of the same State in which the collector is licensed. Further, A LICENSED COLLECTOR IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENGAGE IN BUSINESS AS A DEALER IN ANY FIREARMS, INCLUDING CURIOS OR RELICS. A FEDERAL FIREARMS DEALER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ACTIVITY. The term “engaged in business” as applied to a dealer in firearms refers, in part, to a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to en gaging in such activity as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit. Therefore, any person intending to “engage in the business” of selling firearms, including firearms defined by ATF as Curios or Relics, must first obtain a dealer’s license. For example, if a collector acquires Curios or Relics for the purpose of sale rather than to enhance a collection, the collector would have to be licensed as a dealer in firearms under the GCA. The sole intent and purpose of the collector’s license is to enable a firearms collector to obtain curio or relic firearms from outside his or her State of residence.
Making a profit on a gun and turning it into another one for the collection is perfectly fine.
>>
>>32310808
>"sell guns for profit"
should be
"not in the business of selling guns"

You can make all the profit you want of a gun or two, here and there.

Order nuggets by the crate and advertise them continually on armslist and you may want to hide your dogs.
>>
The biggest drawback for having a C&R is you have to maintain a records book ( that is subject to being inspected at any time) and every weapon you own MUST be listed in it. Even those you owned before you got your C&R.
>>
Where's good to buy antique guns from online?

Just got my C&R and wanting to blow money and build my collection.
>>
>>32312910
Umm, no. But believe what you want.

The log book must contain all purchases and sales of firearms that used the C&R in the transaction.

All previously owned C&R-eligible firearms sold while a C&R licensee should also be logged.

Non-C&R-eligible firearms do not go in the log.

Questionable if any C&R-eligible firearm purchased without the use of the C&R needs to be logged. Log it anyway, who cares? The ATF will not be contacting you for an inspection (which is done at the location of your choice) anyway.

And, every few renewals, you just let it expire. You can then immediately destroy your log and reapply.
>>
>>32312932
There is no good place. You're about 30 years too late.

Use it for the dealer discount many sites will give you, find nice stuff on gunbroker if you're lucky, or buy the bottom of the barrel, electro-pencil banner-marked shit that occasionally makes it here from overseas. (fun shooters, but no collector's value)
>>
>>32310752
It's not really for getting cheaper prices on firearms. The main benefit to a curio and relic license is that you can send and receive C&R firearms through the mail without needing to send them through a firearms dealer in order to initiate a transfer. That does mean no transfer fees, no background checks, and no wasted time in travelling to your local fun store to handle everything. The restriction are that you can't just transfer any weapon it has to be one that is recognized as being a curio and relic weapon by the ATF. The weapons in question tend to be rare, or have some type of historic significance, or have unusual features that make them of particular interest. This means higher prices on most of the weapons classified as C&R and only really price breaks on surplus military weapons that are sometimes curio and relic. However the Surplus market is really drying up so those inexpensive firearms are coming less frequently to the market.

At the end of the day you would only want to get a C&R if you want to collect interesting a rare firearms.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.