[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper on Repealing NFA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: NFA_Family.jpg (78KB, 450x309px) Image search: [Google]
NFA_Family.jpg
78KB, 450x309px
Sup /k/,

Got a paper due on Wednesday for my speech class in which we have "been given the power to establish, repeal, or change one law" .For my paper i am thinking about removing the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Here are my key points so far:
> unconstitutional regulation of 2nd amendment rights
> criminals have no trouble whatsoever acquiring actual handguns and use them for almost all crimes where they use a firearm for their weapon
>law only hurts law-abiding citizens
>criminals have no trouble acquiring semi-automatic firearms and can fire nearly as many shots in the same amount of time as a fully automatic firearm
>people should have the weapons needed to defend the nation in case of a foreign invasion
>people should have access to weapons needed to defend the democratic institutions of this nation in the event of a tyrannical government
>militias had the same weapons the British had during the Revolutionary war
>rifles and shotguns are rarely used in homicides, being involved in 248 homicides out of 15,000 in 2015

Got any other good points or corrections i should make? I just wrote the above down as I went.
>>
>>32310498
>women are shown to be more capable of protecting themselves with full auto weapons over semi-auto weapons
>appeal to feels
>children deserve to not go deaf so why are suppressors banned? why can't you think of the children
>mostly minorities and members of the LGBTQVXMTYHNGOISMFIYHGONISG community are the ones fighting for the repeal of the NFA. Lets help them find their voice of equality
>it was passed by the KKK to racist
>if you help repeal it the president will give you a free emoji set on select apple Iphones
>>
>>32310498
bump this
>>
>>32310498
case for suppressors is obvious, case for SBR is that well people can already create an illegal short barreled rifle with just a hacksaw, while simultaneously some rifles have to be unnecessary long and clunky just to conform to the law. (like pistol caliber carbines, or pistols with shoulder stocks.

I can't really think of a *genuine reason* you'd want a short barreled shotgun other than fun though, but hell if someone wants something shorter and lighter for lawful purposes why not, when SBS laws don't really stop criminals.

machine guns are not much more dangerous than semi automatic rifles because the latter, in the hands of an experienced shooter, can easily achieve 200-300 rounds per minute versus the 600-900 rounds per minute cyclic rate most machine guns have. and to me, fire rate is really not that important of a factor in lethality, when often one bullet is enough to kill a person anyway.

(be sure to not make that sound like an argument against machine guns AND semi autos lmao)
>>
Midgets have a right to self defense too, and they certainly can't handle the full sized counterparts effectively.
>>
You can definitely make an argument for short-barreled rifles and shotguns by noting that they are easier to use by a shorter smaller weaker people. I'm sure someone here has a photo of a girl trying to shoot a rifle that is obviously too large for her you could use that as an example photo. All I found on Google was a bunch of trashy garbage so maybe somebody has a better photo.

suppressors could be argued the obvious benefits of hearing protection, ease of hunting, etc. it's also much easier to instruct someone safely on the operation of a firearm when they can actually hear you. You can also talk about how many gun ranges eventually forced to shut down due to the city encroaching upon them. Suppressors were legal than everyone who shot at that range could use a suppressor and cut down on the noise pollution in the city
>>
>>32311849
SBR Shoguns are nice for vehicles.
>>
File: Well then.jpg (86KB, 480x209px) Image search: [Google]
Well then.jpg
86KB, 480x209px
>>32310498

I would also recommend going over how the NFA was drafted, and the corruption surrounding the case itself. What kind of case law is "settled" when the other side never even shows?

It's also worth pointing out the U.S. Supreme Court argued that SBS's were not allowed since only items in common military use are protected by the second amendment, in which case.. we should have military grade weaponry with giggle switches, mortars, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

Further I would address the standby argument for those who defend the NFA and banning certain items "No one needs that!"

Point out that the bill of rights is not "need" based, and that it doesn't grant us our rights, it defines those rights that the government is not allowed to infringe upon.

Also point out that at the time the Second Amendment was drafted, "Arms" included fucking CANNON. Our navy initially consisted almost entirely of privateers - normal citizens with privately owned ships equipped themselves with cannon and attacked other ships. This was made legal with a issued letter of marque, but the captain of a privateer ship was NOT a soldier, nor part of the navy, and he was not issued gov. weaponry of any sort. He was a private citizen who used his personal funds to equip himself with the most powerful weaponry of the day.

You might also want to address "Why do you feel like you need that" and point out, that while some people naively believe that history is an arc that bends towards justice, the facts of the matter in distant, recent, and current history indicate that history is a cycle. Those without weapons don't do well when the crash occurs. Cite Rwandan Genocide, Holocaust, Armenians, Serbian ethnic cleansing, slaughter of native american's in the US, etc. - anything that their liberal minds are already conditioned to feel guilty about, bring it up, and how it might have been different had the victims been armed and prepared to defend themselves.
>>
>>32310498
I did one on this last week
>>
Should focus on the "fight against the tyranical government" part. I convinced some Guy from Florida who lives for 1 year in Germany with that Argument. I told him, that muh Hitler wouldn't have had it so easy gassing all ze jews if they were armed.
If they Claim that the government has drones'n'shit Show them the recent american wars where that was of Little use.
>>
>>32312040
And the whole fighting fascists thing is super relevant, given the shitty election we just had. Trump is probably the best thing to get the left to accept and embrace private arms ownership. Specifically of scary guns that are effective.
>>
>>32310498
Being that this is most likely for a college class, your teacher is likely a liberal. Just do something stupid about borders and immigration and sanctuary cities.
Better to get an A than be failed.
>>
>>32311849
>I can't really think of a *genuine reason* you'd want a short barreled shotgun other than fun though, but hell if someone wants something shorter and lighter for lawful purposes why not, when SBS laws don't really stop criminals.
Home defense? Not everyone has a mansion.
>>
>>32310498
youre going to have mary sues say its the governments job to protect us, show them dc vs heller
>>
>>32310498
>For my paper i am thinking about removing the National Firearms Act of 1934.
I hope you're okay with failing your class, anon.
>>
>>32313105
Did presentations on outlawing abortion and why guns are a human right, got A's on both.

All you have to do is use stuff that liberals support and use it against them. Support LGBT and women's rights and think they are oppressed? Guns are a perfect solution to protecting them from hate crime and rape. Support minorities? Don't support abortion because it'd literally allowing blacks to abort themselves out of existence.
>>
>>32312972
The opinion rendered is DC v Heller is "wrong" to those people, though.
>>
>>32310498
There are three real things controlled by the NRA. Also consider the tax stamp too.
>Short barreled forearms
This is a left over from when they also tried to put handguns an the NFA. Point out that handguns are protected under the 2nd (Heller) and that this was an antiquated law that has only done harm to otherwise law bidding people.
>Suppressors
Pull the "muh hearing" route. Also point out that suppressors don't make a gun whisper silent but just quiet enough not to cause lasting damage to ones ears.
>Full auto
Point out that during any form of mass shooting with a full auto will cost the shooter tremendous amounts of wasted ammo. Take them through the math to see how long it takes to empty a magazine. Don't forget to point out that guns have recoil (if you are allowed videos pull up someone shooting a full sized cartridge gun in full auto to show the bare control they really have).
>Tax stamp
This was was intended to keep the poor from getting a NFA weapon (add in the other legal loopholes they have to obtain as well like Cleo approval). Point out how classist this is. Ask if someone is poor if they deserve the same rights as a wealthy person.

>Militia route (bonus argument)
You could also pull the militia portion of the second amendment. Point out that the standard arm of the US military (M4) is a Full Auto Short barreled (14.5 in) rifle with the capability to accept a sound suppressor. State that in order to have a functioning militia, they must be able to have access to the same weapons without egregious delays/hoops/fees placed on the guns.
>>
>>32313666
These are the same people who are applauding the standing rock tribe in ND. Point out it is the government (or at least government approved) who is threatening the protestors. Ask them how many dogs would have been released on protestors if they were armed.
>>
>>32313970
Suppressors were added because they were afraid they were going to be used for poaching.
>>
>>32313970
The whole point of the NFA was to be a tax code. They figured that after they could get Al Capone over tax evasion then they could do the same for everyone using common criminal guns at the time.
>>
>>32314231
>>32314247
You use the intent of the lawmakers when it benefits you. If it becomes nonsense or harms you, you don't include it. You have to use the liberal playbook against them.

People like the idea of stopping poaching or screwing over mobsters.
>>
File: 1480225492906.jpg (130KB, 862x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480225492906.jpg
130KB, 862x700px
>>32312939

Are you saying some professors will actually fail you for disagreeing with them?

Trade school it is.
>>
>>32311948
I'm 60% sure joe chucklefuck can own a cannon and fire it without getting his dog shot
>>
>>32313629
And you acted like blacks aborting themselves out of existence is a bad thing? Imagine if every time sharquisha got knocked up she could easilyget that future hood rat sucked out. It's not like she would get child support from her mystery baby daddy anyways
>>
>>32310498
>aks-74u booster on bottom right ar with chinese drum

W H A T
>>
>>32314590
Canons are black powder and by today's standards, not a firearm. If you equate that to today's arms, that would be like saying Joe Chucklefuck could own a mortar or howitzer without getting his dog shot.
>>
>>32311849
>I can't really think of a *genuine reason* you'd want a short barreled shotgun
Manlets, short people, and disabled people from sustained injuries/defects. Some people can't properly shoulder a full sized rifle or shotgun due to it being too damn long. I know some manlet buddies from the Mexican army at 5' 4.7" that can't properly hold a G3A3 and were given G3Ks, which by law, would be considered an SBR due to their 12.5" barrels
>>
>>32315957
idk, not a huge fan of dindus but i've met some pretty cool melanin enriched gentlemen that were right wing and loved guns. Its a tough situation and i don't know if i would still make the same argument today
>>
File: 1456814484019.jpg (278KB, 1280x869px) Image search: [Google]
1456814484019.jpg
278KB, 1280x869px
>>32310498
tell them that you need automatic weapons to defend against evil russia when they invade to help trump.
>>
>>32310498
> women are shown to be more capable of protecting themselves with full auto weapons over semi-auto weapons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymJGBzWtnA
>>
>>32310498
Have fun with your F. You should have written your paper about repealing all laws but only for blacks like a good goyim.
>>
>>32316374
I was thinking of picking up a 14 inch barrel for my 870 to use while small game hunting. I dont need a 28 inch barrel to hit a squirrel.

I also live in Canada so its totally legal and it will also be nice as a car gun/ wilderness carry
>>
>>32310498
Add a couple of points:

>People think full auto weapons are much more scary than they are. Explain how it's really not that much more dangerous than semi--in the context of mass shootings, explain how they wouldn't really go any differently with full auto

>Explain how the pre 1986 requirement has no basis in fact. Automatic weapons made pre 1986 are no less dangerous than ones made afterwards.

>Talk about the difference between SBRs and legal pistols. Show them pictures of a scarey AR pistol that's not an SBR, and a very similar looking, actual SBR. Ask them--does the stock really make it that much more dangerous?

>Same thing with SBS. Show them the Serbu Super Shorty = legal, very similar looking SBS = NFA.

Go easy on the 2nd amendment and protection against tyranny stuff. Remember, people who feel that way are already anti NFA, and people who don't won't have their minds changed that way.

Instead, focus on how the NFA is self-contradicting and ineffectual. Explain why full auto is overrated, silencers aren't really silent, and SBR and SBS laws really don't do anything. Hammer home the point--most gun crimes are committed with plain old, legal handguns.
>>
>>32311948
toptier advice here OP
>>
>>32314511
This absolutely happens. It's not every professor, but I had at least one if not more like that every single semester.
t. has bachelors with double major in German and International Studies with a minor in History (I'm using it too, amazingly)
>>
>>32314511
ehhh not quite. I took a women's studies class actually. It wasn't required but I needed a lib ed credit and it wasn't at 8am. I would play devil's advocate occasionally. one day they said clothing is gendered and pockets on a shirt are feminine. guess who had a pocket shirt.

Anyways, I brought up my dad being stay at home and my mom bread winning. wow the final essay exam on how feminism in modern day America is dicking bullshit whining. and i still got an A.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.