[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MEG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 31

File: 1480978593941.png (627KB, 1269x711px) Image search: [Google]
1480978593941.png
627KB, 1269x711px
Sips edition

Previous thread
>>32268255

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
Reposting so more people see it:
>Voluntarily in a mental ward for 5 days when I was a minor for an attention stunt
>I can lie my way in
>Someone says they call family or friends that you put down

Anyway out of this? I'm fucked?

He's army but I want to go navy.
>>
>>32300054
They call if youre getting a clearance. If you arent your good. IF you are, tell family who know of the incident to keep quiet. Problem solved. Youll be fine, what rate you looking at?
>>
>>32300139
If he's getting a TS will be harder to avoid getting away with it
>>
>>32300139
Corpsman, military police, or machinery repairs.
>>
>>32300188
Corpsman, hands down.
MP is horrible.
MR is a very small dead rate.
>>
>>32300267
Right, I guess if I don't ever get assigned to something that requires me to get a top secret I'm good? I'll also be sure to put down family members who were more likely to forget or never knew in the first case.
>>
>>32300309

Dumb faggot just tell your family to not tell them about that.

Also, you don't randomly get assigned to TS bullshit. Clearance can take over a year (filled out my SF86 in May of 15, they're just now interviewing people) so it's always premeditated. MPs are mouthbreathers who will never be assigned to secret squirrel shit. Corpsmen work with mouthbreather marine grunts and don't get TS assignments unless they're the SF type. They won't grab Seaman Retard as he's checking out a Marine's chlamydia and say, "hey bro you're gonna go kill cyborg osama with delta force."
>>
Which SOF teaches you the most shit? I know that all of them learn to shoot and whatnot, but which teaches/ gives you the opportunity to learn the most auxiliary stuff?
>>
How should i ask for my recruiter on the phone

First name, Full name, or last name and rank?
>>
>>32300519
I'd say AF Pararescue
>>
>>32300586

If you know his rate/rank or whatever, then just ask for him by that + his last name. Not out of formality or whatever, but because that's what everyone else will know him by.
>>
>>32300586
He's probably a SGT, or SSG, or SFC

So just Sergeant Last Name

Though since you're a civilian, you can technically call him whatever the fuck you want. But I'd stick with Sgt Last Name since that's what guards, staff, etc, will know him/her as
>>
>>32300613
>>32300645
Shes a woman and a Staff Sargent
>>
>>32300479
Will they call my fucking family in the first place or not, and i will lmao.
>>
I'm looking at combat arms and I think that pathfinder school sounds like something that could be really cool. Is being a pathfinder and good or is it actually shit? I guess I'd have to go 19D to be one or can 11B do it too? Has anyone here done it?
>>
>>32301197

Pathfinder is just a school and it isnt your job. Just a certification you get a badge for. Everybody can get the badge, but 19Ds may have more of an easy time getting it as their MOS is currently short and so their units might need them to be certed more while theres already a shit ton of pathfinder qualified 11Bs
>>
>>32300054
This anon again.

He said they fucking called before he got his clearance for ait and before he even selected his mos

Am I goofed or is he fucking with me, I'm pretty sure he was wasted.
>>
>>32301452
What are you wanting to sign up for? The only time they would call your family and friend is if you're trying to get a Top Secret clearance.

If not, lie your ass off. Everyone does it. Don't admit to anything. No matter how minor.
>>
>>32301515
Corpsman is what I want but I'll settle for other things aslong as its not Pog tier shit
>>
>>32301538
It's basically just intelligence stuff that would require a TS clearance so if you're going corpsman then you're free to lie your ass off because they won't care. If you admit to something they might be forced to deny you. If you admit to no problems it's easier for both you and them. It's a win-win.
>>
I want to be a engineer officer in the netherlands.

In this function you need good stability at the feet and knees, stability that I maybe dont have.

As an altervative I can choose:
-Airforce IT
-Army repair vehicle
-Army Comms
-Airforce repair planes, heli's

which is least boring?
With airforce IT its possible to move on to intelligence if you have potention, but you will only sit in an office all day long with all the airforce IT functions?

which do you recommend
>>
File: 1474564018446.jpg (2MB, 2234x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1474564018446.jpg
2MB, 2234x1498px
anyone else have to deal with loved ones trying to convince you to get a different MOS? I really want to do 11C, but everyone thinks it's the end of the world. It's starting to get to me.
>>
>>32301718
If you go IT you'll be stuck at a computer for your entire career. But if you want to get into intel that's your best option. And if you like programming it's a good choice.

Repair would get you stuck in the bases most of the times. But if you really like learning about how vehicles works that's good.

I would say army comms because then you get more variation of working with comm systems on vehicles and fixed installations. And everyone loves the guy who makes communication run smoothly.

But I only say that because that's my personal preference and it's what i would pick.

So it's all about what you're interested in.
>>
>>32301747
Kill your loved ones with mortar fire
>>
File: 1448793138883.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448793138883.png
362KB, 700x700px
>want to join military
>am trans

i heard it's legal now, how do i do it ?
>>
>>32301747
Because they know you're a pussy and shouldn't be infantry.
>>
>>32301909
Act like a normal person instead of an attention whore and people won't care if you're a transfag. Most people won't give a shit unless you're being obnoxious about it.
>>
>>32301747
Step 1. Rope off your couch, print out a sign that says "Bucket".

Step 2. Print out signs saying "crab" and make them into necklaces with left over rope. make as many as you have family members trying to convince you.

Step 3: Round up the aforementioned family members, ask them to sit( or stand depending on how many there are and how big your couch is) within the roped off area

Step 4. Once everyone is comfortable, begin verbally berating them, with an emphasis on the idea that they are all crabs in a bucket trying to drag you down. You can also buy raw chicken to throw at them for added effect, but it's probably best if you don't.

At this point, you will have thoroughly pissed off your family members enough that they won't give two fucks what you do with your life, and you will be free to choose whatever MOS you like without worrying what they think.
>>
Can anyone who has completed PLC speak on it?
>>
When I was in freshman year of college, I had a teaspoon of a drink that I was told had marijuana in it. I didn't feel a thing and have thus kinda just assumed that I consumed no marijuana and thus have indicated that on my enlistment papers plus my sf86.

I suppose it's possible that if the investigators somehow find the two kids that I did that with they might say I've done marijuana. If I explain the situation proactively to the adjudicator if they ask me anything I might've omitted, do you think I'd be ok?
>>
I'm most interested in Marines because of the mentality, what many people see as bad (gung-ho, meatheaded, etc) I see as good.
As an Officer in Infantry would I see combat and fire my rifle? What is day to day life like?
After 4/5 years could I enter MARSOC?
>>
>>32301800
Thank you, and what is your opinion on the engineers? How much combat will you see in times of war as a engineer officer.
>>
>>32302242
As an officer? No clue.
>>
I asked this in the last thread but it got kind of buried so reposting.

Does anybody know how badly serving part-time as a reservist in the military of a foreign US-friendly country would impact my chances of getting a security clearance? I'm living in Europe now and I think I could use the experience, thing is I'm interested in intel long term so I would most likely need a TS at some point.

I know foreign influence can be a problem so how big of an issue would this be?
>>
>>32302321
You were answered in the last thread, don't fucking do it if you want a TS in the future
>>
File: first sip of the day GODDAMMIT.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
first sip of the day GODDAMMIT.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
if ur not infantry ur poopy :^)
>>
>>32302321
You're 100% fucked. If you have close contacts or family, employment and previous service abroad you won't get a TS clearance.

You won't be able to work in US intelligence or anything that require a clearance ever.

The fact that you are even able to serve abroad might disqualify you since that means you have some kind of citizenship there.

As an immigrant to the US I will never ever be able to get an intelligence job because i have family members abroad. Shit sucks but that's the reality we have to deal with.
>>
>>32300681
Yes they will call your family regardless
>>
>>32300519
>teaches
Probably what
>>32300587
said or seals. Delta requires you to know more though. You're supposed to already know pretty much whatever the want you for going in. That' s why you're usually selected in by a referral.
>>
Am I just fucked by being colorblind and trying to join the army? I wanted to do some form of aircraft maintenance but I found a list of jobs that are available if you're colorblind and there was only about 10, and its all things I have no interest in. Is there any branch I can do maintenance in?
>>
>>32302483
Can I put down friends then or some shit?
>>
>>32302346
Fair enough just want to get as much input as possible, thanks

>>32302438
Yeah that's kind of what I thought, probably should have clarified I am a dual citizen, I know that in itself could be a deal breaker which is why I don't wan to make it even harder for myself
>>
>>32302132
Yer fucked, m8.
>>
Lets suppose I just want to do interesting shit, what's the best branch to join?
>>
>>32302506
In the army you could do Concrete and Asphalt Equipment Operator or Horizontal Construction Engineer if you're red/green blind

But for all the repair services you can't be.

>>32302535
Well you have to destroy your other passport if you're joining the US army regardless of clearance. And if you still have any family or friends in the other country you won't get a TS clearance. Actually I think that if you had dual citizenship ever you can't get TS because that would count as having foreign ties.

So yeah, we're in the same boat friend. We can't go intelligence. You could try for regular SECRET clearance. Personally since I can't do anything interesting like intelligence I'll just go combat arms. Worth it.

But honestly, you're not a real soldier unless you go combat arms. So being forced to do it is a good thing.
>>
Is joining the marines worth it right now? Are they as cucked as the rest of the branches are?
>>
>>32302662
Navy or air force as an engineer or mechanic type job

Marines if we ever enter war time in the next 3 years.
>>
>>32302711
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

Have fun painting rocks
>>
>>32302527
Answer me reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>32302527
No cause then every person in a gang trying to get in would just have them call there gang members numbers. So family, family friends, your boss, teachers people like that, people that actually know you. You can't just like through everything cause your in trouble if they find out you were and will be charged with false enlistment.
>>
>>32302779
So I can put down randoms like my highschool teachers and extended family that don't know about the issues?
>>
>>32302726
I get the whole muhreens are dumb meme. I want to go infantry but it doesn't seem worth it without a war going on.
>>
>>32302801
No dude you don't want to be infantry during peace time. If you want action get an option 40.
>>
>>32302058
Best advice
>>
>>32302826
I didn't know rangers were being deployed right now, I thought it was only SF. How long of a commitment is an option 40 contract?
>>
>>32302885
If you want to kill things in the current and future years you're going to be socom, though only veteran and mature rangers see the actions in the movies
>>
>>32302794
Holy fuck what are you hiding that you are willing to lie to government about. If can't be "randoms" they have to be people that know you. You sound very underage desu
>>
>>32302898
Literally just follow the comment chain, I was in a fucking mental ward for pulling an attention stunt as a dumb kid, voluntary admission, not court ordered. I can still buy fire arms and all that jazz.
>>
>>32302921
Sounds fishy I'd rather hear the same story from a more trustworthy source then someone who just said they were willing to lie all the way through meps. No integrity which is a big thing in the military.
>>
>>32302893
Hmm sounds like that might be my best option then.
>>
>>32303015
I literally said I was going to kill myself and locked myself in my room, then my mom called the police. I stayed 1 night in the hospital, and then I was moved to a pediatric psych ward and k stayed for the minimum time of 3 days and I went home. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder though this has been removed, I was multiple medications for about a year before they were removed because they were killing me.

This all happened while I was a minor.
>>
>>32301909
Same. What I've researched:
It might not be "legal" until mid-2017, the latest day for the rule demanding acceptance of trans recruits is July 1st to enable time for switchover of shit. The rules that enabled trans enlisted/officers to serve openly only took immediate effect for current enlisted/officers.

For enlisting/military, if you have been treated by a doctor for transness for 18 months, HRT and stuff, then you're basically good. They'll sign off on your mental stability/gender stability and you have no problems. More or less like a medical waiver, just on a "shall-issue" basis.

What >>32301964 said. Being trans isn't a big deal, just a bit of extra paperwork, don't treat it like one. Don't let people shit on you for it (it's illegal for them to do so), but go in expecting a bit of confusion and having to clear things up and getting deadnamed/misgendered like with most bureaucracies. If you can keep your patience and your spirits through that, then you'll be golden, I... think.

As far as I can tell, it's best if you have already completed as many legal/medical transitions as possible beforehand. They want people who have already received treatment and are mentally stable (and for good reason, mid-hormonal-shift is terrible). If you go in and don't disclose you're trans and then seek medical aid for being trans, that opens you up to medical separation risks if you are found to have had reason to announce yourself as trans beforehand.

Oh and... really work double on your PT. You can't be sure of what standard you'll be held to (male/female) because they haven't standardized those, it's on a "case by case" basis. So assume you'll be held to close to male standards (regardless if you're a trans woman or trans man), and try to clear the minimums for those at least.
>>
>>32303096
Oh and to follow up for >>32301909 it might not be legal to join Right Now, but you should probably start talking to a recruiter anyways.
>>
>>32303065
You are still a minor though. If police were involved and you spent several days there it is absolutely on record. The military wants people without a history of issues, especially now that they are downsizing they are raising standards. If what your saying is true your best bet is trying to get a waiver instead of lying.
>>
>>32303127
No police record, they didn't file shit, they just talked to me and told me to chill out because I was having a bad day, driven to the hospital in a amberlamps.

I can't get a waiver for in patient, and I'm not ever going to be going to top secret clearance, my life is a fucking rut so I'll just have to lie. If something fucks up, which I doubt it will, cool cool.
>>
>>32303148
You're a piece of shit
>>
File: 7_peso_pedro.png (50KB, 121x166px) Image search: [Google]
7_peso_pedro.png
50KB, 121x166px
>>32303156
Yeah okay? I was a dumb fucking kid with stupid mentally handicapped parents. Its not like I'm going to go fucking postal and shoot up a school because I got butthurt when I was a dumb bratty kid.

Everyone does stupid shit mine just had to have been documented.
>>
>>32303186
See you literally just told me it was off the record and now your telling me it was documented. Please for the sake of everyone else do not just the military. You have zero integrity.
>>
>>32303211
Aye.
If we're going to have lying sacks of shit, we should at least have lying sacks of shit with their stories straight.
>>
>>32303211
It's a misuse of terms if anything lmao, it's not surface medical records but it's fucking there ans people know
>>
>>32299994
any Brit here?
I am looking to get into REME, how is it?
>>
So Sheppard AFB. I'm looking for apartments that are walking distance from Sheppard. Anybody have suggestions?
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit
>>
>>32303186
>>32303148
You're mentally unstable.

Military doesnt want tards like you
>>
>>32304425
This. FUCK POGS
>>
File: 1463517260510.jpg (23KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1463517260510.jpg
23KB, 460x345px
>mfw 35M is the only entry level HUMINT MOS in the military for enlisted
>mfw many 35Ms never get to do anything but interrogations and translating for brain-dead infantry commanders

I guess if you want to run sources either go officer or bide your time.
>>
>>32304443
>all non-infantry are POGs
Underage detected
>>
I'm an Apache pilot and your all fags
>>
>>32305278
If you arent a grunt youre a POG.

Simple as that tard
>>
>>32305320
Im a marine scout sniper and could shoot you out of your heli fag
>>
>Want to do Rep 63 Army National Guard or CCT in the Air Force Reserves so I can pursue my acting while in the military

W-will actual fags call me a fag?
>>
File: gary.jpg (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gary.jpg
74KB, 1920x1080px
>>32305622
>>
Alright gonna talk with the army recruiter tomorrow. After about 3 months of meeting with different recruiters from different branches I've finally nailed down that I'm joining big green. I'm think of either going 11bangbang, 35 series (not sure specifically), or going 37F. I took a practice ASVAB back months ago and got a 90, and am going to start practicing for the the ASVAB with a study guide I bought so I can get into whatever MOS I choose. Recruiter already knows this so I'm good on that front. However, I'm worried about one request I have that might sour things. I want to go Op 40 because well, if you're gonna do something you should try to be the best at it and the rangers are undoubtedly the best with the highest standards. The reason I'm a bit worried about it is that A: Hard to get since there are only a few given out per year and they are distributed monthly and B: I'm 18 and I suspect the recruiter would think I want to go full retard kid and play rambo and wind up failing out first day of RASP. So anybody got any advice to help get me a contract? I figured I should schedule a trip to MEPS at the very first day in Jan. that I can and see if that helps since it would be the first day the contract is available for the month (Correct me if I'm wrong please). I figure just putting on a stern face and showing that I'm mature enough to make this decision to go Op 40 will be enough to convince the recruiter. Add on that overall I had good grades in HS, no disciplinary or judicial issues ever, am an eagle scout and generally considered a mature person by others I think I should be okay. If anybody can give any advice regarding the subject I'd be extremely grateful.
>>
File: Exploding Knees.jpg (46KB, 336x700px) Image search: [Google]
Exploding Knees.jpg
46KB, 336x700px
>>32299994

I want to join the Army reserve as a 12B.

Problem is, I'm a manlet, 5'9, 150 lbs. I'm pretty strong for my size (I bench 6x5 155 and squat 4x5 240) but I'm not a SJW and know that our gear and equipment won't get lighter to accommodate me, and I sure as hell don't want to be that asshat who barely passed the fitness test and drags down his team. Thoughts?
>>
>>32305909
How is 5'9 anything but short? Stop believing 4chan memes you retard. You seem a bit thin that's all. Just focus on cardio shit.
>>
>>32306057

5'9 is average, so roughly half of men are taller than me. I can only assume that the guys joining the military are on the bigger side.
>>
>>32306173
>>32306057
Anything under 6' is gangly manlet tier and WILL get bullied and hazed
>>
>>32305909

>dat pic

relevant in more ways that one
>>
>>32306401

not him, but also a manlet. what do you mean by hazed?
>>
File: 1475808510132.png (67KB, 900x266px) Image search: [Google]
1475808510132.png
67KB, 900x266px
Does OPM ever reveal to your chain of command why an interim TS was denied?

I had forgotten about some counseling sessions and had nothing to disclose at MEPS, but now I'm starring down the SF86. Not sure how to proceed.
>>
>>32306401

Really?
>>
Is there a best time of year to join the military?
>>
File: 1449428312404.jpg (156KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449428312404.jpg
156KB, 708x1000px
>>32299994

Going to MEPS Thursday.

Recently a large Sebaceous cyst has formed on my neck. It isn't painful, and I'm setting up an appointment to have it removed.

If I go to MEPS with this stupid thing, am I screwed?
>>
>>32305909

Manlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>32306401

>implying army fags aren't all manlets
>>
>>32307057
At the start of the fiscal year
>>
>>32302801
It's not just a meme. I saw a marine in the gym yesterday who had the Assassin's Creed logo tattooed on his shoulder. And he's likely intel, so that's a "smart" marine.
>>
>>32306725
>Does OPM ever reveal to your chain of command why an interim TS was denied?

Yes.

Not only that, but for most folks with TS, being denied will cause them to be forcibly reclassed.
>>
>>32299994
Is DEP waiting time any different for permanent residents?
>>
So, in all honesty, if I'm a barely adequate and average college student, what are my chances of getting into army aviation or potentially air force flight school?
>>
>visit recruiter
>scheduled for MEPS
>want to talk to recruiter before MEPS
>ignored
>go to MEPS
>mess shit up
>try to contact recruiter
>ignored
>random email
>"I'm going on leave until the end of next week, also these are the shit jobs you qualified for"
>>
>>32308654
DEP waiting is only if the job you want isn't open right away. If the job is available, you can ship out pretty much immediately.
>>
>>32308628
Well, I guess the only options are to double down or go straight for the re-class or fraudulent enlistment.
>>
alright lads, I'm headed into the USAF in about a month and a half but have been skimping on my physical training because I'm not smart

I can barely run a 10 minute mile without getting exhausted and my pushups and situps are lacking

I've started up doing evening workouts again, but doubt I'll be able to make the minimum standards going in.

Will basic get me in shape for the minimum or do I need to work like a madman before going in?
>>
>>32309250
Basic will not get you in shape if you can't even run a single mile.

If you work like a madman, you will hurt yourself rather than improve.
>>
>>32309250

You're lucky I decided to check 4chan randomly before bed.

Here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B11F7e9MXvzyOURUVHcyb0NQUW8?usp=sharing

These are phenomenal workouts, 15-20 minutes long, and they will get you ready for basic. You run times, push-ups, sit-ups, and overall physical ability will go dramatically up. I suggest one a day.

Buy yourself a pair of 20 lb dumbells and get to work.
>>
ausfag here just finished final fitness test now just waiting on date for basic then going infantry

currently doing c25k atm but its not showing much progress anything else I can do to improve running? thanks
>>
>>32309986
>c25k
Its literally a beginner program. You cant get any better than that. Id say try walking large distances on days in between the program.
>>
11b, deployed in afghanistan

will answer questions regarding us army
>>
>>32311220
i thought the war was over

do you train the ANA retards?
>>
>>32311220
seen any combat while you are there?
>>
>that OP image
lol, someone's never been to oki
>>
>>32302142
If you ever want a shot at joining MARSOC, you're going to want to go Recon, not infantry. It's possible as infantry, but it's way more possible as Recon
>>
>>32311296
>oki
Okinawa? Trash
I been to yoko, tokyo, and sasebo. Eat shit pleb.
Also,
that one is ok,
there was a strawberry cream one in a can that was fire.
>>
>>32311330
>I been to yoko, tokyo, and sasebo
lucky motherfucker
>>
File: 1466016117114.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466016117114.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>32309380
not even that anon, but thanks bro, this'll probably help me get back into shape after 5 years of nothing.
>>
>>32311354
Thx senpai, i was in Yoko for 3 months straight for a hull swap. Went all over that area. It was no joke the best 3 months of my life. We were eating and drinking like kings nearly every night.
>>
>>32300669
Obviously then you ask for Sargent Sweet Tits.
>>
>>32309380

Not him but I'm also interested. The link won't work for me, could you post a screenshot please?
>>
Bump for Trump.
>>
>>32306541

Why?
>>
>>32312611
12Bs are combat engineers, so not only are exploded knees an actual concern, horrendous knee and joint issues often come with such manually intensive MOS.
>>
>>32312611

>Army 12Bs blow shit up
>12Bs also carry around a ton of heavy gear in the field which fucks their knees up
>>>32305909 is obviously a /fit/izen cuccboi

Are you retarded?
>>
I'm going to enlist but I'm not in a great shape physically given as I've been sedentary for two years. I'm not fat at least, but I've got no muscles and can barely do three pullups (with the chin above the bar)

I've started getting in shape, mostly working on arm strength and cardio.

How long should it take me to be ready for training?
How intense should my program be? I've started slow given as I'm clearly out of shape right now (I get exhausted after fifteen minutes of actual physical activity)
>>
>>32313321
That's the most ambiguous thing I've ever read

What's your mile time? How many situps and push ups can you do in 1 minute?
>>
>>32313321
Is there a question here? What service are you looking at? You should always be in good shape before you go in but they'll get you in shape in basic so as long as you're in decent shape now then just join.
>>
Burgerclap here, want to join the army. When is the physical fitness test done? At the start of training, or after a few days?
>>
The Air Force has a lot of cool enlisted jobs - like ISR.

Does the Navy have any equivalent cool surveillance/intelligence like jobs available to enlisted members that aren't listed in their main jobs and ratings page?

Also, USAF Security Services just sounds like MP/cop. USN MA sounds like a mixture of LE, security, counter-terrorism, corrections, and sentry duty.

What's the best job if I'm interested in security, intelligence and surveillance, and counter-terrorism without being considered law enforcement or an MP?

I'm fixated on enlisting in the Navy, I want to be a sailor, but the Air Force has some appealing perks and jobs that I'd like as well.
>>
>>32312738

Really? Does the army really fuck up your joints that much?
>>
>>32314023
>he Air Force has a lot of cool enlisted jobs - like ISR.
gimme details on this and ill tell you the navy equivalent.

>Security/MP/MA
>security, intelligence and surveillance, and counter-terrorism
Listen youve been memed, those jobs are garbage. All youre gonna do is stand at a gate and check ids for 8 hours a day and after that youll just handle duis and domestic abuse cases on base housing. Those jobs are horrible. If you want to do cool shit you gotta go SOF.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 652x337px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 652x337px
What is the most neet tier ARMY job I qualify for and what are the best jobs for lazy fucks like myself?
>>
I got 24 on my afqt is that good?
>>
Posting again:

Going to MEPS Thursday.

Recently a large Sebaceous cyst has formed on my neck. It isn't painful, and I'm setting up an appointment to have it removed.

If I go to MEPS with this stupid thing, am I screwed?
>>
File: 1417829875377.png (66KB, 1024x827px) Image search: [Google]
1417829875377.png
66KB, 1024x827px
tfw fat
>>
>>32315279

Dude stop being fat. It's fucking easy.
>>
>>32315279
I lost like 30lbs in a year and it was casual as fuck. You can do it, it's not even hard.
>>
>>32315279
Some services only let you join if you have a certain weight, but if you commit to exercising 4-6 days a week and you get your body fat % under their preferred threshold (which is EASY), most services will let you join. The "can you run" requirements are really way more intense than the physical shape requirements.
>>
Which branch is less respected, Air Force or Navy
>>
>>32316014
Both equally trash
>>
>>32316014

Are spankings a sign of respect?

https://youtu.be/uxDwmD-XA_w?t=259
>>
Why can't people with medical shit be in noncombat positions? I've got the 'beetus but I could be an armorer or something. Is there anything they'll let me do in any branch besides coast guard?
>>
>>32302142
the Afghanistan and Iraq wars are over dude

don't join the infantry
>>
File: 1479517318715.png (266KB, 980x742px) Image search: [Google]
1479517318715.png
266KB, 980x742px
>19 year old college student
>history major so no good job prospects
>suck at STEM
>shit attention span
>abused drugs in high school (nothing too serious)
>have adhd and used to take meds for it (don't anymore; don't need to)
>good physical shape from lifting routine
>poor social skills

Which branch is right for me? I'm torn between the Army and the muhreens. Officer or enlisted?

Also, how much will I have to lie?
>>
>>32319182
If you want to be a grunt, enlisted.

If you want to do anything else, officer.
>>
>>32305278
But that's literally the definition of a POG.
Unless you're trying to say he's a
>if you ain't infantry you ain't shit
type person
>>
So in your opinion what is the best branch of the military? I scored a 59 on my asvab and I'm looking forward to joining. The thing is I want to go to college while I'm in I just don't know what I want to do. Can anyone give some advice?
>>
>>32319182
muhreens
enlisted for inanttryf
officer for all things else
>>
What's a good one to go into if you have after service civilian career in mind? What can I do to set me up for a decent career
>>
Owner of the discord is a sensitive prick af tbhhh

Shitposting area is apparently a no bully zone :^)
>>
>>32319613
Shut up underage
>>
>>32319613
Fuck you dusty stupid sperg
>>
>>32319613
>Owner of the discord is a sensitive prick af tbhhh
>Shitposting area is apparently a no bully zone :^)

No dusty you're just autistic as fuck.
>>
>>32319613
Fucking 16 year olds
>>
>>32319613
you're constantly a faggot and nobody likes you.
>>
File: 1480877143045.jpg (27KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
1480877143045.jpg
27KB, 500x466px
>>32319622
>>32319626
>>32319627
>>32319635
>>
File: Frankie20.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie20.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>32319707
Butthurt as fuck, and don't say you aren't.
>>
>>32319473
Any. They all pay your GI Bill. The closest to carryover skills you can get are in the technical specializations, engineering or compsci, and even those are often about being wrench-monkey for specifically war-machines.
>>
>>32320062
What about if you want to go into medical? Also whats each branch like?
>>
>>32319182
I suppose you could do ROTC. And fuck the marines, go Army.
Being junior enlisted sucks in general unless there's a specific job you really want to do. But if you don't have a degree, it's your only option.
Enlisting will probably also be your only option if you end up with a shitty college GPA.
How are your grades?
If you're sucking at college, drop out now, go enlisted in an MOS of your choosing, then use your GI bill for a degree after you've finished your contract and learned some discipline. Then you can worry about commissioning if you still want to be in the military.
Being prior enlisted will also help you avoid getting screwed out of a pension due to being passed over for promotion.
>>
>>32319182
You should consider other types of welfare rather than military service.
>>
>>32320234
Also, consider enlisting into an Warrant Officer feeder MOS.
>>
>>32302438
>As an immigrant to the US I will never ever be able to get an intelligence job

Lol.
>>
>>32302671
>And if you still have any family or friends in the other country you won't get a TS clearance. Actually I think that if you had dual citizenship ever you can't get TS because that would count as having foreign ties.

Lol. Jesus the ignorance is real.
>>
Anyone here have any experience with the FALANT test? Or, am I seriously the only person to ever fail that fucking color vision test.
>>
I've come to realise that there is literally zero point in joining my country's (UK) military.

The contracts are longer (than the US), the decent roles are less available and require networking through prestigious universities to secure them and the post-millitary career prospects are abyssmal.

Why anyone would sign up to the British military is completely beyond me

There's no point joining the infantry either as we've blown our load and pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our military will not deploy for decades due to the roars of the retarded masses of Brits who cry about muh boys back home MUH OUR BOYS BACK HOME SAFR MUH OUR BOYS MUH DRUMMER RIGBY

I should kill myself
>>
>>32320666
>I should kill myself

Please.
>>
>>32320666
>There's no point joining the infantry

lol pussy
>>
>>32320695
why so I can sit around all day picking up fag ends?
>>
>>32320136
Being a corpsman/medic won't affect your medical career prospects afterwards. It miiight make it slightly easier to become an RN, if that's what you want. If you want to be an upper-tier doc who actually stitches people back together and stuff or is cool like Dr. House, GI Bill ho!

>>32319182
This is a lot of information that doesn't say much. But if you are doing well in History, and you for some reason cannot switch majors now, and you like thinky deskjob shit, then you might actually be decent off trying to become an officer candidate for Intelligence. They often prefer STEM, for obvious reasons, but History is the one Humanities degree they care about.

Better to go ROTC though, at your current age, unless you're somehow ahead of the curve gradewise.
>>
>>32320907
lol pussy
>>
>>32320666

As a UK citizen, you're still an EU citizen, as your country hasn't actually Brexited yet. If you go to another country in the Schengen area, and stay there for a year, they usually let you join up with their military. So consider exploiting that.

And if all else fails... French Foreign Legion?!
>>
Shitty fucking discord mod got wasted and kicked me again because I posted an image and it bugged the fuck out.
>>
Anyone here leaving today for Navy bct?
>>
>>32321513
Finding friends?
>>
>>32321519
Apparently not :(
To be honest I just can't sleep, been out for the last 6 hours and woke up and cant fall back asleep.
Any tips for basic? I'm pretty clueless tbqh
>>
>>32321482
>socializing with these retards
>>
>>32321551
>navy
It's easy as fuck, and that was 12 years ago, so it's probably even easier now.
>>
>>32320919
Thank you im considering becoming a corps mam, the problem is I want to know what it's like to be there so I'm not miserable.
>>
Is my Marines OCC recruiter giving me the bait and switch saying I will see combat as a Marine Officer as an Infantry Officer?
>>
>>32322578
People whine to you. You hand out painkillers. You throw condoms at people. You don't really do anything that looks like "trained medical personnel", though it's plenty of the minor unglamorous boring shit. If you aren't willing to get your nose in someone's butt to lance some kind of cyst, on a regular basis, you aren't gonna like it.
>>
>>32324048
I really don't mind doing dirty work as long as it helps me do what I want in life.
>>
How hard is it to get an 18X contract?

Looking to join the Army after college but if I could get a spot in the SF selection I might consider it over OCS, since it would be hard as fuck to go to OCS then get into SFAS I imagine.
>>
CANADIAN QUESTION:

I'm a Reserve NCM and was wondering if I can switch to officer with just CEGEP education with a DÉC, as opposed to a "proper" university degree from a college that isn't CEGEP.

I was considering going back to school partly so I can make more at my unit but I'm prolly not gonna if I have to go to a University as a mature student instead and pay an order of magnitude more.

>>32319182
if it's anything like canada, Navy.

coastal cities are good cities, there's plenty of trades for just turning wrenches, and everyone is weird as fuck so while no one has social skills it doesn't really matter because everyone's just having fun. if you have thin skin it'll be bad but otherwise it's full of Magic-playing autists and weird engineers (as in, people who care for an engine) who probably bang trannies on the weekend.

The trades are mostly technical but there's always being a boatswain. And anything else, they'll give you tons of training on how to do your job, and nothing is really that complicated. It rarely gets more complex than "RTFM"

>>32324048
Isn't that all medicine, though? I'm pretty sure I threw up directly on a surgeon once before being knocked out.
>>
>>32323448
It's possible in the future or even now that you'll see some. You can always go Force Recon/MARSOC once you're in so it's more likely
>>
So I've dedicated myself an lost 40 pounds so far so I can enlist in the military. The problem is I have only 5 more months before I can enlist. Anyone have a workout regiment.
>>
>>32324616
Hey man.

I use to be a clerk for a res unit that had a lot of guys do exactly what you are doing. Here's how you do it okay, and you need to follow this shit to the T or you will be rejected.

>apply at universities you wish to go at
>inform your OR clerks you are going to university and need an ILP
>fill out the ILP after you have selected your school and are accepted
>bust your ass off doing summer soldier shit for 2 years
>now, here is where it gets fucky
>tell your company commander you want to switch to officer
>they can commission you WITHOUT your degree so long as you are ENROLLED AND WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF YOUR FIRST DEGREE
>now, once you have your 2Lt's, apply for ROTP. Sounds batshit,right? Well you see, since your degree is almost up and you are already comissioned, they will give you options to complete your education at your uni of choice AND BACK PAY YOUR EDUCATION COMPLETELY.

Just find the best clerk at your OR and ask them about it. I've done it for a dozen soldiers in the past.

Good luck my man.
>>
>>32325646
Whats going to college like in the military?
>>
>>32325707

best decision of my entire life.I was a reservist at 16, at 18 I went through college in the CF, by 20 I had done my 4 years total service, released with lots of great memories of hard work and good times, and now I'm 23 working for a robotics company as a technician living in my home province.

It is not easy.It is very very hard. But I did it and I would never look back on the struggles. I grew up fucking poor man, I had to get a job at >12< working at a local sawmill because my mom could only afford one kid and she had two so I worked and my little sis didn't have to.

Now I fix fucking robots man, how cool is that?And i have lots of great pictures on my mantle, I love on the oceanside with a qt3.14 and life is fucking good.

If you can handle the timings, the work, the stress and the culture then do it. If you can't, work yourself into a position in which you can mentally handle it and go for it. I'm considering joining the reserves again just because damn I love camping and shooting.

2 units have head hunted me so far, an arty group and PSYOPS.
>>
Just signed up for the navy goys :^)
>>
>>32325916
Rate?
>>
Will they take away my chinese cartoons during training or are recruits still allowed to do whatever on their free time?
>>
>>32325774
Good on you mate, happy for you. So it's not possible to be full time military and get a degree? I'm just looking for something that I can transfer into civilian life if I don't go full balls to the wall and stay in.
>>
>>32324616

I mean, yes, it's all medicine, just useful to repeat the obvious sometimes.

>>32324573
Then corpsman will be fine for you, man.

>>32326122
Depends heavily on whether it's Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, what you're being trained for, where you're being trained... basically no one can usefully fucking answer your question.

Almost all initial/basic training programs for the military though probably will not leave much time for anything else. Unless you're signed up for one of many of the other side tracks into the service. In which case...

Et cetera.
>>
>>32326378
If i go corpsman do I have to be In a marine unit? I'm more of a do work and support type of guy I don't know if I'd do well in the marines
>>
>>32326313
|It is, but the Canadian ROTC is INCREDIBLY competitive. I know of one person who did and she started preparing for it in grade 8, achieved an average of 97% in all courses AND was a reservist.

Best thing to do is just part-time army it and file your ILP's my man.
>>
>>32326498
Sorry mate I'm not In maple land but I appreciate the advice.
>>
Is joining the national Guard good, does it depends on the state? I'm just looking for a branch of the military that will be symbiotic I do what they tell me. They help me out you know.
>>
Went for my medical yesterday and I was told I'd need to go see an optometrist for my eyes because my vision in my left eye is ass.
How fucked am I boys?
>>
>>32326434
No, just don't go FMF.

You'll be a male nurse for 4 years.

t. 0311
>>
>>32300519
SOWT and infantry in the 75th will give you the most open fields to cop some extracurriculars.
>>
>>32326434
Dusty fuck outta here. Don't come shitting up meg because you got banned from the discord, AGAIN.
>>
>>32318275
Because even POGs get sent to shitty places with awful logistics so you can't get your insulin, and are pushed to an irregular workload that can set off your condition in ways you haven't experienced.

Unless you're a board certified medical specialist I doubt any branch would take you.
>>
>>32324589
Not that hard if you dont have anything that will screw up meps or a clearance, only thing competitive about getting an 18x is the prior service contracts.
>>
Anyone have any experience in the national guard?

Knowing how prone my state is to horrifying catastrophes I want to be able to do something in the case of a big emergency but I already have a stable career.
I still want to do my part though. I know it's over romanticizing 2 boring days a month but still.
>>
>>32326863
Is there something wrong would being a male nurse? What's the alternative if I don't go into fmf?
>>
>>32326904
You have the wrong guy, I never go on the chat I'm just looking for advice. Does discord help?
>>
>>32327195
You're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

I don't care if you're a male nurse. Just answering your question.
>>
>>32327187
11B with 2 years in the Alabama guard. Shit sucks bro. We either sit around or pretend to ruck, nobody is motivated, squad lead is some fat fuck local cop who always gets on a power trip. Go aviation if you want to do something worthwhile during drills, they do 4 days a month. They and MPs are the only ones getting call-ups usually.

Buddy of mine went reserve recon, they actually get to do cool shit. I'm trying to get into the 20th. I hate this fucking unit.
>>
>>32327333

Good to know, figured it wouldn't glorious. Was thinking 68W as it would be pretty useful in a natural disaster scenario I would hope.
>>
>>32327211
Thanks anyway I was just wondering if it was a bad draw or something. I want to go somewhere I won't be screwed.
>>
I already hate the Air Force.
Just started tech school a couple of weeks ago and already almost got an article 15.

someone unknowingly made a gay sexual innuendo about me and a friend in the class so I made a joke out of it and a girl in my class started crying. Ended up having to talk to an instructor supervisor who threatened an art 15. I apologized and did whatever I had to do to save my bacon but god damn is this dumb
>>
>>32327554

>The times they are a changin starts playing
>>
>>32300519
does this interest you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-nuuRhOz0
>>
>>32327415
The 68W training isn't half bad, but unless it's wide scale shtf you'll just be wrapping people in mylar and ferrying them to a hospital, but if you get a traditional deployment you'll always be wanted. IMO anything 25 series would probably see a lot of utilization in most stateside scenarios, especially if there was any sort of search and rescue effort, what with multiple agencies and what not.
>>
What are my chances for being accepted by the Navy if I take Wellbutrin for depression and Vyvanse for ADHD? I'd have to stop taking both right?
>>
>>32327887
Exactly 0% chance
>>
>>32327887
I took Vyvanse and I just got into the process of joining the navy. If anything, you have to be off it for at least 3 years, and if you show symptoms of the ADHD and the symptons hinder you, meps will pick it up, and if youre lucky, youll need a waiver.
>>
>>32327894
Even if I stop taking medication? Being diagnosed with depression and ADHD are automatically disqualifying and there's no chance of a waiver?

Would the fact that I have a master's degree and speak Chinese make them more likely to grant a waiver?
>>
>>32327915
You have to have been off it for atleast 3 years, and your symptons cant be a hindrance to you. They see it as a liability.
>>
>>32327909
Jesus, I had heard that ADHD could be disqualifying but I had no idea they took it so seriously. Why is it such a big deal? This seems like it would disqualify a lot of people nowadays considering how many people have taken ADHD medication.
>>
>>32327554
kek
>>
File: ill never know that feel.png (166KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
ill never know that feel.png
166KB, 300x411px
>>32327833
>you will never race shitboxes with all your rooty tooty shooty bros
>>
>>32327930
They used to take it much more seriously. It used to be if you had any past with ADHD meds youd need a waiver, and if you didnt you were SOL. Now, they'll consider it if youve been off it for 3 years and show improvements off the meds. I got off it my senior year, and when I came off it, my grades improved. ADHD is one of the hardest waivers to get if you havent been off meds for 3 years or more.
>>
>>32327960
Gotcha, but I'm still curious, why is ADHD viewed as such as a big deal? How would it hinder you in the Navy? Cause it seems that the number of people diagnosed with ADHD is only increasing, but many people still manage to function without meds.
>>
>>32327554
make her ur gf
>>
>>32327999
Im guessing it has to do with staying on task, being able to focus and pay attention to detail. Everyone on a ship is a worker on the ship, and you'll learn how to do everything, including maintenance.

I feel for you brother, if I were you, id ask around on what the best approach is, and gauge how much you know your ADHD affects you. Im getting into the game a little late, but dont let anything discourage you. You'll never know until you do.
>>
>>32327132
I don't have a criminal record or anything
>>
>>32328067
Yeah, I'll give this some thought. Thanks for the info man.
>>
>>32328218
No problem man, I wish you the best of luck. Dont let anything ever be left as a what if.
>>
>>32328247
Good advice, I won't.
>>
A month or so ago I had thought hard about joining the Army and asked a lot of questions here. I then did a lot of research and figured out what I would like to do.

Well yesterday a Marine recruiter called me (and other recent high school graduates). I ended up going today and apparently did well on a test so now I'm going to be a Marine I guess.

I have no knowledge on Marine jobs and he said "You're going to do whats best for the branch". But I couldn't say no, I was excited for no reason.

Help, I have no idea what I have gotten myself into with this "Marine is best" propaganda fucker.
>>
>>32329598
Just fall for the moto propaganda, it'll make your life better in the corps early on.
>>
>>32327926

I also collect SSI is that a problem?
>>
>>32329619

But I'm not entirely sure I want to go military.
Or if I'm Marine material, but then again maybe I'm just being a fucking pussy.

He's already talked about MEPs and bootcamp. This whole thing has escalated pretty damn quick and has me lost. Apparently I wont have a say in what job I get? Unlike Army where I would have at least a small choice, or chance of choice. "I'm not here to sell you on a job, but to sell you being a Marine" "Marines are the best branch, no other branch has -this or that-"
>>
>>32329731
Army isn't a "small chance" to pick your job. You always pick your job.
>>
>>32329731
definitely dont get open contract though. Get at least some field that you might be interested in. You might want an 03xx MOS field which is infantry and includes quite a few MOS in it
>>
>>32329846
>>32329862

I assumed that but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't say that.

Also, I have told him things I'm interested in and would like to do. Infantry and Carpentry/Construction being the main things. I'll see how this goes, so far he has talked nothing about jobs and only bout muhreenz.

Is there any way to back out once I finally convince myself to not be so excited by this blatant "best branch" propaganda?
>>
>>32329731
You pick your MOS at MEPS. The recruiter is trying to get you into the Marine Corps. That is his job but he is also there to counsel you on finding a job that would fit you if you don't have a clue what you want to do. Do not go open contract.
>>
>>32329731
You got talked into something that you didn't plan on doing, leading to a job that you don't want, with absolutely no upsides.

That's 100% Marine material.
>>
>>32330019

So far it has been all about the Marines and zero about job opportunities. I don't care what branch (if I even join) I go into, I'm mostly interested in the jobs they offer. I have no idea what jobs the Marine Corps offers, other than the small lists I have found online. Guy said that they offer more than 300 jobs tho. Also, what is open contract and why should I not choose that. I assume it means that the Corps has full control of me, which does not sound appealing.

>>32330889

so I got meme'd huh
>>
>>32331116
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_MOS

Open contract means your MOS is assigned based on the "needs of the Marine Corps." So really you'll get fucked into whatever MOS has a shortage that you meet the requirements of.
>>
>>32331116
>so I got meme'd huh

Partly meme'd... the whole 'hoo rah Marines' is 100% marketing.

But also... that's what recruiters are trained to do. If he thinks you're going to take whatever he offers, then he's obviously going to have you fill whatever job will get him the most money or attaboys from his chain of command.

If you want to get a good deal out of it, and a good experience out of the military, then you need to know enough about what you want - and what the branches have to offer - that the recruiter can't just bullshit you into making a poor decision.
>>
File: 1477700960641.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477700960641.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>>32331212
He's already talked about "needs of the Marine Corps." already, but has not spoken of anything else. I understand its his job, but its my future vs. his paycheck. And I'm more concerned about my future. Thanks for the link though, I'll give it a through look.

>>32331248
He got me pretty amped to be a Marine despite me never even thinking about it once in my life. So far he has been bullshitting me into making a poor decision. To even get in the door a different recruiter asked "Are you ready to be a Marine". I mean, fuck dude, I don't know, but I said yes. And after taking a taking a test and going through some weird "what values are most important to you" thing, he gave me an ultimatum. "So, do you want to be a Marine?" I also said yes to that. I acted in haste and I feel like I have to live with it now.
Oh well, this may not be a bad thing. I may love this chance and regret being a lil pussy about making life altering decisions while giving little to no actual thought to it.
>>
>>32308654
my recruiter told me at least 6 months for criminal record check for green card holder.
>>
>>32331365
>He got me pretty amped to be a Marine despite me never even thinking about it once in my life. So far he has been bullshitting me into making a poor decision. To even get in the door a different recruiter asked "Are you ready to be a Marine". I mean, fuck dude, I don't know, but I said yes. And after taking a taking a test and going through some weird "what values are most important to you" thing, he gave me an ultimatum. "So, do you want to be a Marine?"

It's all part of the game. Car salesmen do exactly the same thing, when they ask you "can you see yourself driving this car" or when they let you hang on to the keys of the car after the test drive. It makes you feel like you've already bought off on something.

Recruiting school literally teaches salesmanship.

>I also said yes to that. I acted in haste and I feel like I have to live with it now.

Why? Who gives a fuck about that guy? You will never see him or meet him again after you decide not to join or after you ship out. He gives exactly zero fucks about you other than he has a mission to recruit X Marines a month and he wants you to cover part of his quota.

Do you know how many people tell him no on a daily basis? Probably a half dozen at least.

>Oh well, this may not be a bad thing. I may love this chance and regret being a lil pussy about making life altering decisions while giving little to no actual thought to it.

There's nothing pussy about wanting to join the branch you want, get the job you want, on the terms you want.

What's pussy is letting some recruiter that you just met yesterday tell you what you're going to do.
>>
>>32329890
I don't know how the Marine work but my Army recruiter was very helpful and gave me info on jobs. I was free to choose anything I wanted and he even made phone call to reserve a job for me. Don't go to MEPS before reserving an MOS otherwise they'll force you into whatever is needed/available and most likely it'll be something you don't want to do.
>>
>>32331741
I could care less about what branch, although after spending an hour and a half with this guy, Marine Corps. seems pretty neato.
All I care about is jobs. No matter what job I got I'd have to go through the same boot camp and etc, but what comes after is what I'm truly interested in. And its the only thing he hasn't talked about. Maybe when I see him friday I can force him to open up and drop the whole propaganda thing. At this point, I have come to like the idea of enlisting in the corps., just want him to discuss what I want to discuss.

>>32331748
I was told thats what the Army was like during this process. Seems the Marines is very different, but I'll make sure not to go to MEPS before knowing (and hopefully having reserved, as you said) the MOS of my choice.

Thanks for all this tho, I feel a lot more confident on how I should handle his recruiting tactics. Been 19 years of people controlling my life, bout time I step in and take over.
>>
File: pawn-stars11.jpg (403KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
pawn-stars11.jpg
403KB, 1500x999px
leaving for marine boot in 2 weeks

kinda nervous... what should I expect?
>>
>>32332153
ur gonna get bullied, hazed and prolly raped
>>
>>32332153
>>32332702
even if you never go to airborne school, remember: feet and knees together
>>
In the Air Force, how difficult is it to get into any 1A position? Both in terms of training and availability
>>
When you pick your MOS, is it guaranteed*? What if you goof up in training?

*assuming your ASVAB score is high enough
>>
>>32299994
>he doesn't main jigglysip
>>
Want to be a tanker, but also want the comfy of the airforce, what do /meg/?
>>
File: IMG_2462.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2462.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
I Just reserved Human Intelligence Collector, how good or bad is it?

How much desk work is it? Cause im nervous its a lot of desk work and will i get deployed?
>>
>>32334885
All Intelligence is a lot of desk work. You might have some fun, but then you sit down and write extensively about that, because what you need to do is relate your information back to your superiors in a secure way, including your insights and conclusions from it.
>>
>>32299994
Just signed an 11x option 40 contract ask me anythang
>>
>>32309139
Was that in verbatim?
>>
>physical fitness tests for the army are in three months
>worry that I won't be able to get in shape in time
Every time I go running I end up with shin splints or whatever.
>>
>>32319314
>59
>>
>>32334992
Whyd you take that instead of 18X?
Was it hard to get?
Bonus?
Any details you can dump please.
>>
>>32334951
I don't want a desk job infact I wanted to be a Ranger

My recruiter said id have a good chance to go to ranger school even if I did this

Also I picked this over tanker

How much did i fuck up

(Nothing been singed)
>>
>>32335060
I liked what i read about the ranger community and the regiment has a lot of young guys like me, also a good way to get your foot in the door.
The recruiter told me there was no way I'd get the option 40 but I told him I wouldn't sign anything until i got it so a week later a slot miraculously popped up.
No bonus but I didn't really give a fuck about the money.
got 83 on asvab, been a multi sport athlete my entire life.
>>
I've heard that Army is the only branch you get to 100% choose your MOS, is that true?
>>
File: KC-130.jpg (219KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
KC-130.jpg
219KB, 1000x604px
>>32334674
pic related, or go EOD and drive an MRAP

that's about it
>>
>>32335110
The navy and army are leagues ahead of the marines and air force. See >>32335097
>I told him I wouldn't sign anything until i got it so a week later a slot miraculously popped up
As long as you are firm with your recruiter you can get the job you want.

>>32335097
Nice good for you. When do you ship? Age?
>>
>>32335522
So even though I might be going Marine, I can still be sure that I can get the job I want? Well, if I qualify for it and its available (obviously).
>>
>>32335575
No marines is more tricky i believe. You pick your general field but the specific MOS i believe they give you later. Either way youre making a mistake going marine and id love to talk you out of it.
>>
>>32335070
If nothing's been signed, nothing's been signed. A "good chance to go to Ranger school" nothing, go actually look up how people get into the Rangers, then do that.
>>
>>32335679
>id love to talk you out of it

go ahead, from all I've seen (and heard from recruiter) only good thing about going Marine is you get to call yourself a Marine.
>>
>>32335954
and dress blues, and pussy
>>
>>32335522
I ship at the end of January 2017, I'm 19.
>>
>>32335983
Hope you're in shape boyo.
>>
So yesterday someone Rick Rolled the entire crew of the USS Abraham Lincoln.

Shoulda gone Gunner's Mate desu
>>
>>32335954
Marines have a budget subordinate to the Navy's, and unlike the USCG which are in a similar place, are still often deployed to Bumfuckistan. This means that Marine shit (like the vehicles you'll be in, regardless of MOS) is constantly breaking down, and while yes, the incoming administration will probably improve cashflow towards Marines, that'd take it from "poor" to "fair" and it's never gonna be great. And you really don't want to be in a helicopter the moment it breaks in the middle of Bumfuckistan.
>>
>>32333381
I'm interested in this as well, on the reserve side, looking at 1A9.
>>
>>32335954
If you already know that why do you still want to do it?

>>32335972
All uniforms suck and if you need that to get laid youre a douche

>>32335983
Nice good luck

>>32336112
this is all true
>>
>>32336209
Because I've already been contacted by a Marine recruiter and started the process. So its the most convenient at this point in time.
>>
>>32336250
>So its the most convenient at this point in time.
Bro its 4+ years of your life and your willing to fuck your self over die to convenience?
Please dont be a retard. Go talk to another branch. What kind of job you trying to get anyway?
>>
>>32336250
Do it, you can get a sword.
>>
>>32336266
I'm going to get ahold of an Army recruiter asap, I know this is not a decision to make out of convenience. Also trying to get Infantry or some carpentry/construction job. But I'd happily take anything hands on that I can use in the civvie world.

>>32336306
ya but its a lame curved sword, too arabic for my tastes
>>
>>32336327
From what people in my unit say, army infantry is kinda shit once you get past AIT if you're not airborne, ranger, or 10th mtn. Might be able to get a cool duty station like Ft. Carson but that's about it. IMO if you're going active and really want to be a grunt I'd say go Marine, they have a lot more specialization than just 11B/C, plus the whole moto shit, we have one guy here that wishes he stayed in the corps and went reserve because there's a recon unit nearby. They get to do all the cool shit.

As far as the construction stuff, there really isn't anyone better than the corps of engineers, but maybe take a peek at the Navy Seabees, might be interesting for you.

t. ARNG 11B
>>
>>32325525
Here's my recommendation:
If you can, go see a personal trainer to set you up with 2-3 different routines and how often you should do them each week. Go back once a month if you can to update rep numbers, weight etc.
I worked out a fair bit for about 6 months and got fitter (but not a lot stronger), but once I had an actual routine to follow my progress shot up in about 6 weeks.

Its that whole 'work smart' philosophy I guess, it also helped my PT was ex Army PTI and knew exactly which areas to target.
This helped to pass the entry fitness tests, but I'm not in yet so I cant really comment on how much harder it is during basic.
>>
>>32335983
how the fuck you shipping out so early. I signed 11x a month ago and my ship date is 7 months from now.
>>
>>32337227
18x and option 40 get priority because of after AIT class dates
>>
>>32331365

What the flying fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>32337227
>>32337227
No idear, I was baffled as well, was expecting atleast 6 months in DEP.
>>
File: 1448580935661.png (11KB, 535x551px) Image search: [Google]
1448580935661.png
11KB, 535x551px
what kinda of sneakers does each branch make you buy for pt?
>>
>>32336440
>From what people in my unit say, army infantry is kinda shit once you get past AIT if you're not airborne, ranger, or 10th mtn.

Your reference to 10th Mountain being good in some way is how I know that you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
/meg/ I have a question

I was watching Comedy Central a long time ago. I remember seeing a comedy skit where this African American comedian was leading a march and they were singing a cadence that went something like this "If I come back with P-T-S-D, the V-A won't care for me" but how they said it sounded like an actual cadence.

When I was first enlisting, I was young, really stupid, and my life really sucked. I knew Army grunt culture sort of prided itself on how hard they had it - if that makes sense. At the time, I would have perceived the comedy central skit as funny, or even part of the "embrace the suck" culture.

Now that I'm older, and I know more and I'm not so naive and almost insultingly dumb, I realized how unfunny this is. I realize how almost insulting this kind of thing it. How seriously hard and bad it can be. I was never even deployed. I was discharged on an injury and plan on reenlisting.

That CC skit cadence has played in my head. I don't understand how they can do this. I really can't stand the thought of it anymore.

So my question to you /meg/ is why are they allowed to turn this kind of thing and make it comical?
Should this kind of humor and comedy of combat illness be allowed?
>>
>>32339419
>should we censor humor if it offends us
Nice try commies
SHALL NOT INFRINGE FREEDOM OF SPEECH
>>
What happens if they find something at MEPS that you didn't tell your recruiter? I'm worried that my eyes are actually more fucked up than I said.
>>
>>32339548
They just restrict certain jobs at the end.
>>
I went to see a muhreen recruiter today. Things went well. That's not the issue though.

On the way out I held the door open for different recruiter and his poole. He gave me a somewhat dirty look, and snarled out a "thank you"as he passed. Did I do something wrong?
>>
>>32340335
Yes. Now that you've held the door open for him, the Marine Code states that you must fight him to the death before you can go to MEPS.
>>
>>32340335
He was probably just in a bad mood, or his poole was pissing him off. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>32337890
M60 obvi
>>
>>32340335
you forgot to tip your fedora and say top of the morning sir
>>
File: 1439169217049s.jpg (9KB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
1439169217049s.jpg
9KB, 250x214px
Got an offer from RMC. had to turn it down because Broken hand. I'm at university.

Should I am planning on going Pilot, Intel, but I'm not sure what my other choice should be: Infantry or Armoured (try to go Armoured Recon)?

Should I join reserves while I am at university? There is a Armoured Recon regiment that I've been looking into. Can I go into reserve and them transfer to reg force? Can I go NCM I'm reserve, then when I get my degree I'll go Officer reg force?

Can someone help me? My recruiter is a old filter pilot who honestly seems like he just wants to fly again and I hate going and constantky needing to change stuff because of ongoing (but have an end date) medical issues, and I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Honestly any advice or stories are appreciated, including advice with recruitment. I'm Canadian BTW but anything helps.
>>
>>32341360
Jesus fucking Christ I apologize for my mong spelling, I am on Mobile
>>
>>32305622
CCT is harder than PJ bruh
>>
>>32304425
What about Armoured? What about Med Tech?
>>
>>32306401
By the time ets gets around, ruck's make everyone a Manlet
>>
>>32339419
That's military life for ya, sis. You get shot at in order to protect the rights of people to make fun of you.

Full stop. That is the agreement. That is what people bleed and die for. The entire arrangement is to protect the rights of people to piss on the Cross, burn the Stars and Stripes, and make jokes in bad taste about cripples, including the ones made in the process of defending that right. Because every time The People has ever given an inch on this, on the freedom of speech, we've lost a mile. It doesn't matter if it's lese majeste or lese militaires.

If you aren't prepared to embrace the paradox of going to war to protect the right to make jokes about you, don't swear to protect the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. Because the enemy is you.
>>
File: 9868696708b06cd3de4e7139fb397f71.jpg (334KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
9868696708b06cd3de4e7139fb397f71.jpg
334KB, 1365x2048px
Question about paratrooping.

To all those who went through jump school did they ever tell you how to not fuck up your back and legs? Would adding muscle mass help cushion the blow (around squats and deadlifts?)

To those who went through Q course and SFAS. How did you get through the entire course? Would lifting helps What's your MOS and do you ever see combat?
>>
File: Z_095.jpg (70KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
Z_095.jpg
70KB, 600x604px
>tfw surprise DONSA
>>
File: 1368280406398.jpg (58KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1368280406398.jpg
58KB, 600x399px
Redpill me on 13B life
Can a skinny neckbeard do it?
>>
>>32343511
It'd be extremely painful for the first 11 years granted you stay a lazy piece of shit who doesn't /fit/.

the next 9 will be you in supply
>>
File: Luke.gif (17KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
Luke.gif
17KB, 633x758px
How much respect do I need to give to people in ROTC that havent been to OCS or Basic yet?

Im a PFC and my buddy from back home is roomates with a "future officer" at his college and apparently the guy is a huge faggot(always wears his dogtags outside his civilian clothes, wears a PT belt he bought off amazon or some shit to the gym)
Im gunna go visit him over HBL and wanna mess with the guy can I get UCMJ for this?
>>
>>32344154
>How much respect do I need to give to people in ROTC that havent been to OCS or Basic yet?

None. He's not an officer, he's not even in the armed forces yet. He's the equivalent of a college freshman that calls himself an "engineer" before he has passed a single exam.
>>
File: 1480544997616.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480544997616.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
Got a 99 on every ASVAB section, once I lose a few more pounds I'll be going back for the medical stuff and more testing.

My recruiter said that if I score well enough on the EDPT or DLAB I get a guaranteed job (I assume programmer/9s100/linguist), is that accurate?

I don't want to do linguist since you have to do a 6-year contract, but 9s100 sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>32345544
Oh and this is air force.
>>
>>32345544
If your recruiter can reserve you a slot then you're good. Nothing is certain until you sign the contract though. So stop being a fatass because if you're unlucky someone else might have filled the slot before you can and then you might have to wait for a long time since it's Air Force.
>>
>>32346881
Fucked up
>>
>>32346881
good job
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.