[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

legality of home made guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: four winds.gif (394KB, 720x2304px) Image search: [Google]
four winds.gif
394KB, 720x2304px
Sup /k/, I got a serious problem guys.

I lost my job, I have no money and had to move back in with my parents. I had a couple guns before but had to sell them.

The problem is, my younger brother lives with my parents. He is dangerously insane, he has explosive anger issues that go off for no reason, and he absolutely hates me and blames me for everything that goes wrong in his life.

And he has a fucking armory of guns.

I dont want my right to live to be stolen on the whim of a psychopath but I cant afford to move out yet, and I cant afford to buy a real gun.

So my question is, in the state of Nevada, what is the legality of building and owning a four winds, or other smoothbore pipe shotgun? If the barrel is the proper length and I put a serial number on it,is that good enough? Do I need to register it? Do I need ATF permission to make it?

I need a dirt cheap gun and fast because Any day now hes gonna kick in my door and shoot me to death and all ive got is a fucking pocket knife.

PLEASE HALP
>>
>>32298991
if it doesn't go against the NFA, your trying to sell your creation, and not barred from owning a firearm its all kosher. you only have to put serial numbers on it if you plan on selling but thats a whole another process. also are you from California?
>>
>>32299009
no, nevada
>>
>>32299009
>>32299009
and thanks.

if anyone else wants to weigh in or says this dude is wrong please let me know.
>>
>>32298991
>what is the legality of building and owning a four winds
needs to be over 26 inches overall. 18 is minimum length for shotgun barrels but it might be easier to just make the barrel pipe 27 inches for good measure. unless you want to build a stock.
if you miss then youve got a 27 inch long metal pipe for bashing.
serials arent required neither is registration unless you are in certain states.
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>32299009
>your trying to sell your creation

It is not illegal to transfer a home made firearm to another party. You just can't do it as a business.
>>
As long as the gun you make meets all federal length requirements, and you don't try to sell it, it's absolutely legal.

That said, you can buy a hi-point pistol for pretty fucking cheap. They aren't good pistols by any means, but they are reliable enough and are probably more effective than anything you can make yourself. Their price can go as low as $140.
>>
>>32299056
>>32299103
thank you very much guys.
>>
>>32299103
Also, if you ever feel physically threatened by your brother or he ever mentions hurting you with a weapon, call the cops. /k/ will probably lynch me for saying this but if your brother can't keep his temper under control at a most basic level, he shouldn't be trusted with guns.

It would be better to have the cops get involved than to be dead or have to put your own brother down.
>>
>>32298991

1. Remove parents from equation
2. Call the cops, claim your brother is trying to kill himself
3. Brother gets Baker Act
4. While he's on 72 hour psych hold, get conservatorship over him
5.Take brothers guns
6. ???
7. Profit
>>
>>32299127
This. If you can help it get the cops involved.
As much of an asshole psycho your brother may be, killing blood isn't something that comes easy.
I'd rather have a standing grudge with my kin than to live with the fact I killed a family member
>>
>>32299127
>>32299192

this would be good advice were it not for the fact i have to walk on eggshells around him not to even say anything that will set him off. Calling the cops on him will likely guarantee a shotgun blast to my chest.
>>
>>32299203
Look around your lgs for used pistols and shotguns. I found an old pocket 380 for a hundred bucks, shoots fine.
>>
>>32299203
OP, one question. Do you know where he keeps his guns?
Another question, his often does he shoot?
>>
>>32299236

He has something like, (not kidding) 15-20 guns scattered around his bedroom in different places. He fucking SLEEPS with two pistols in his bed. And he took the doorknob off his door and replaced it with a deadbolt. He is literally that insane.

So even if I waited until he left, picked the fucking lock, and removed the guns, I would surely miss at least one he has hidden somewhere.

And he rarely shoots, but that doesnt matter much when he has a 12 gauge and semi automatic pistols with 15 round magazines and shooting at someone in the same room.
>>
>>32299256
I gotta get the fuck out of this house
>>
I'd go to the cop shop and talk to an officer.

This depends tho, does he have a history of violence? Like actual violence, just yelling won't cut it. To be honest, you could be right to fear for your life, or you could be letting your imagination run wild.

You can not like living with your brother, but unless he's done something physically, or literally threatened to kill you, maybe it's not as big a risk as you think.
>>
>>32298991
Cameron???
>>
>>32299256
Well I would've said remove the firing pins from his guns once he's gone and provoke him and THEN call the cops, but if that doesn't work I have one more suggestion.

Get a job, move out, and never sell your guns again. That was your first mistake,
>>
>>32299262
we have a history of getting into fistfights. Some years ago during an argument with my parents I heard him tell them he had thought about killing me, and planned it out "to a T" as he said, but chose not to go through with it.

He also told me he would "blow my head off" if I ever went into his room without permission.

>>32299266
no
>>
>>32299274
How old is this fucking psychopath? Jesus Christ your brother sounds worse than shit.
>>
>>32298991
And that is why you always keep at least one gun. Don't bother with shitty slambang shotguns, you would be better off getting even a single shot break action. If I were you I'd look around for a cheap Hi Point or other nigger tier guns.
>>
>>32299281
He is 24. I myself am 31, and no I'm not proud of moving back in with mom and dad but its either that or a tent. With this ticking timebomb in the room next to me though, the tent may be the better choice.

I also worry he may kill innocent people. He got a concealed carry permit and carries a 9mm everywhere, all the time. Even when hes sitting in the living room. When he's out driving, hes very aggressive. If another car even starts to drift into his lane for instance, he lays on the horn. Not a quick honk to get their attention, but an aggressive honk he'll hold down for like 3 seconds. Its only a matter of time until he murders someone. And im afraid its gonna be me.
>>
>>32299300
Man get the fuck out of there.
Check gunbroker or Armslist for a deal that fits you.
Even a shit tier Saturday night special is better than being unarmed. Get something that slings lead and make sure that you're not going to be a victim.
>>
File: hcchgch.gif (778KB, 404x218px) Image search: [Google]
hcchgch.gif
778KB, 404x218px
>>32299274
He's bluffing, I bet. Call him on it. "Go ahead, blow my head off, little brother".

You need to lower his T levels. That can be done by fucking his shit up in a fight. Make sure you really get in his face and fuck him up to bad it traumatizes him, then stand around him all triumphant afterwards to help him remember it. Let him learn who the alpha is.

It works especially well if you interupt one of his grand "I'll rekt you" speeches with an uppercut. Make him fear speaking out against you.
>>
>>32299300
Why the fuck hasn't he been commited? Sounds like a history of mental illness with violent tendencies, the typical candidate for a mental institution.
>>
>>32299320
>a mental institution

The bleeding hearts did away with those.
>>
>>32299315
Thank you, I will, once im not flat fucking broke.

>>32299317
You missed the part where he ALWAYS has a gun on his person. He takes it to the fucking bathroom with him. Yeah, i might lay him out, and then he'll shoot me while hes on the ground.

>>32299320
He hasnt done anything that qualifies yet. In fact, he loves his precious guns so much hes careful to follow the letter of the law lest he lose them. He doesnt like guns like you guys do, he *loves* them, he fucking sleeps with them. I think he'd rather fuck a gun than a woman.
>>
>>32299343
>I think he'd rather fuck a gun than a woman.
Guns don't leave you.
>>
>>32299343
I sleep with my shotgun. Its just in my knock of pelican case.
>>
>>32299343
>He doesnt like guns like you guys do, he *loves* them, he fucking sleeps with them. I think he'd rather fuck a gun than a woman.

Sounds pretty /k/ to me
>>
>>32299300
m8, you've got to look at this objectively.

You're making a big leap from honking at people to straight up murder. Killing someone isn't as simple as drinking a coke, someone would need to be literally unhinged, mentally ill to murder their brother.

Does he have a history of impulsive behaviour, anger issues?
Im talking punching holes in walls, domestic abuse, getting into fights?
Just because someone doesn't like you, and owns a gun, does not equate to your murder being imminent.

If you're legit concerned, talk about it with him, you need to man up. Buying your own gun isn't going to solve the problem; you may be getting in this feedback loop in your own mind, convincing yourself your life is in danger.

If you buy your own gun, then what? Do you carry it around the house, sleep with it, maybe you start to think you need to "get him, before he gets you"?
>>
File: 1479062278568.jpg (54KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
1479062278568.jpg
54KB, 500x425px
>>32299362
This.

To be honest, I think you just want too look at him as a paranoid fuckup because you yourself need to feel better for having to move back in with your parents. He probably doesn't want you in his room because he thinks you are the fuckup and doesn't want you selling his shit for heroin.

If he carries a firearm every day legally, collects guns, and doesn't have a laundry list of crimes or know the police on a first name basis because they have to visit him so often then he is just a shut-in NEET-like gun collector like I'm sure many of us are and your an overreacting faggot who probably just wants him to move out so you can claim the extra space.
>>
>>32299362

He has a pitbull. A few weeks ago I walked into the living room and it barked at me, and I yelled at it to shut up. The next time I came into the living room he was sitting there, holding his shotgun.

What prompted this thread was I heard him in the living room screaming at my parents about me. I havent spoken a word to him in at least 3 days. I was in my room, minding my own business, affecting his life in no way, and he went into a rage against me. He doesnt refer to me by name or as a person or as his brother, he calls me "that sin". He absolutely hates me and he has very little impulse control.

Years ago during one of our many fistfights i knocked him to the ground, which caused him spinal injury to his neck. He suffers chronic pain because of it. It was mutual combat and I won, and I didnt mean to hurt him like that, but it happened and because of it he despises me and every time something bad happens to me I see the delight on his face.

I hate the idea of killing my brother, but killing THAT PERSON would likely be an act of good. I dont want to kill him, but If its him or me Im choosing him. And he has a shitload of firepower, shotguns, .357 revolver, small compact pistols, semi automatics, a 1911 clone.. He IS dangerous.
>>
>>32299374
yeah well to be honest I think youre making assumptions. If you lived with him you wouldnt be defending him, but hey, youre on the internet so you know everything, right?
>>
have you ever maybe tried apologizing for fucking up his spine
>>
>>32299387
If what you're saying is true then shit man.
So far the worst case scenario according to you is that he's a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before he kills you.
Best case he assaults you pretty bad.

Either way, what options have you considered besides just a gun? For someone this unstable you should have multiple contingencies.
Any friends you could live with? Jobs you know you could land?
>>
>>32299387
All righty,

>Implying a pit bull is inherently dangerous
>Yelling at a mans dog
>Gave him chronic pain (doesn't matter what your intentions were, objectively you physically hurt him)
Look I'm going to point out, how does he have all these guns? I assume he's employed.
Why haven't your parents turfed him out?
If he's so dangerous and his dangerous dog.

You're the older brother who has had to come home, where HE lives, you, the man who gave him chronic pain, as you've said.

You end your piece with basically dehumanising him as this threat that has to be dealt with. Feedback loop.
>>
>>32299402

No not really, most of my old friends moved, ive been out of state and lost touch with the rest. I couldnt impose myself on the one or two guys still in this city I know. As far as jobs, I'm looking for anything. I'm halfway through a college degree, so the only jobs im gonna get are shit like wal mart, which isnt very easy to live on. As humiliating as living with your parents at 31 is, its better than scraping by every single day because you cant afford shit.

For the time being I have no realistic choice than to stay here and prepare to defend myself.
Besides, I dont want him to know he chased me out of the house. Hes not tougher than me, hes a crazy pussy with a gun, and if he thinks im afraid of him it will only embolden him to act more insane.
>>
>>32299387
This is so autistic. Is this a revenge plot from some retarded movie?
> Refers to you as "that sin"
> It was mutual combat

You are related by blood so you probably are fucking austistic.
>>
>>32299416
I'm not going to be drawn into an argument with a troll.

The dog's not dangerous. All it did was bark at me. All I did was tell it to shut up. His response was to camp out in the living room with the deadliest weapon he has as a show of force. Rationalize that shit all you want, im not going to feed you any more.
>>
Alright, OP here.

The trolls have come out and it's time to leave. Theres nothing more to be said and im not going to amuse them by playing their game of devils advocate. OP's leaving, threads over.

Thank you very much for the decent /k/ommandos who gave me good advice. It is much appreciated.
>>
I'd advise committing sudoku before he has to off you.
>>
>>32299439
Shut up you dumb old motherfucker

Pointing out that maybe you're being kind of retarded isn't trolling you.
>>
File: 1481043268362.jpg (166KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481043268362.jpg
166KB, 1440x900px
>>32299439
Your a cuck and by admission a no-guns jobless faggot who is probably going to be brainwashed at college and become a liberal, please don't come back here.
>>
>>32299433
Hang on now, now you told it to shut up. Before it was you yelled at it. Those are two different things, and one makes you look like a victim rather than an aggressor.

You know who calls someone a troll, rather than answer the questions?
Someone who can't internalise the answers to said questions.

Life's really simple when you look at things in black and white. He must be evil, surely YOU could do no wrong, YOUR presence can't possibly upset any rational person. It's much more comforting to think your own brother wants to murder you, than admit to yourself that this is all shades of grey, that your hands aren't so clean at all.
>>
be warned OP, there's a part everyone leaves out of building a 4 winds shotgun
and that is fitting the barrel pipe to the receiver pipe
you'll need a round file to do it, a half round bastard wont cut it
you'll want a hacksaw, round file, bastard file, drill (or hammer), electrical tape, screws (or nails), and a ~3/4" dowel rod

buy 1" pipe and 3/4" pipe and a 1" endcap
chop em up to length
cop any threads off the pipes at least except one end for the endcap
then fit the barrel to the receiver by using your bastard file to remove material from the outside of the 3/4" pipe, if your pipe has a seam, use your round file to remove it form the inside of the 1" pipe
once it slide freely, use your round file to remove material from the inside of the 3/4" pipe until a 12ga shell fits inside easily
>>
>>32299476
Don't encourage him; OP's brother is going to cough behind him one day and he's going to preemptively ventilate him.

Shortly after he will learn
'I REALLY thought that time he was going to do me in, trust me, you should have seen that deadbolt"
is not a valid reason for killing someone.
>>
>>32299476
Hey, thanks. I am still looking over the thread but ignoring the trolls. I'll keep your advice in mind, but I was gonna test it out with a shotgun shell with everything removed but the primer first anyway. At least I know they might not fit perfectly. Thanks again.
>>
>>32299476
next, start by cutting a length of the dowel rod maybe ~1/4" shorter than your screws/nails
drive your screw/nail all the way through the dowel rod
use your hacksaw and file to cut it to length and round it over
use electrical tape to bulk out your dowel rod until it fits snuggly in the 1" pipe
this is your firing pin assembly, it goes at the very rear agains thte endcap, FIRING PINE FORWARD DUMBASS
test fire it a couple times with blanks (just cut the shells up and dump out all the shot and powder
if your firing pin punctures the primmer, blunt it a bit and/or shorten it
if your firing pin doesn't set off the primers, then your pin is too short and you need to start over

your done

<<<<CORRECTION>>>
your dowel rod should be slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the 1" pipe
I don't remember what size I used
>>
>>32299476

Oh and dont worry about the dildo beneath you. I'm not taking the gun out of my bedroom. When he kicks in the door, and only when he kicks in the door, is when it goes boom. The real problem with this site is eventually trolls infiltrate every thread and try to turn it to shit because they have nothing better to do with their lives than fuck with people.Maybe when theyre old enough to actually buy guys they'll go out to the range and wont spend as much time shitposting on 4chan.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>32299507
>>
>>32299507
>>32299514
I rest my case.
>>
>>32299523
What case?
You just shut down responding right after I dared to question your story.

Legit trying to help you dude, but your whole tale doesn't hold water, you've given the barest of facts, and what you have said doesn't line up with reality.

You apparently live with a unicorn; a gun-toting screwball who's one stubbed toe away from going full Seung-Hui Cho, except he's not physically violent, has way more wealth than you and lives (seemingly) harmoniously with the other members of your household.

All I am saying is you should consider other options; but it seems you made up your mind before making the thread, and just wanted reassurance that your straight-to-nuclear option was the right one.
>>
Okay so let me get this straight, so faggot OP aside, building firearms is completely legal in the US as long as you are not a prohibited person and conform to the length requirements so you don't create a SBR or SBS, don't make it full auto, and don't make a business out of it or sell them?

Why don't more people make their own firearms or do they and I just don't notice? I wonder if I can build a .50bmg rifle without losing my face.
>>
>>32299387
This sounds white trash as fuck.

Are you sure you haven't left something out of the story here, something that would explain why he's so hostile to you? He doesn't seem to do this shit to his parents, only you, which indicates you probably fucked with him a lot as a kid.
>>
File: 1389966968897.jpg (50KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1389966968897.jpg
50KB, 366x380px
>>32299343
> I think he'd rather fuck a gun than a woman.

Now look around you, son. Just where do you think you are, exactly?
>>
File: 1479666312314m.jpg (122KB, 761x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479666312314m.jpg
122KB, 761x1024px
>>32299343
I feel like we are being trolled. Other than your leanings of instability, ur brother is not breaking any laws. Seeing as how he has a dead bolt on his door. Almost 20 guns is a lot of money. You some how got to a point at the age of 30 where u ran your financial well being into the dirt. You don't even own 1 gun. What's your deal? Drugs? Gambling? Your brother doesn't want to knock you off because you ruined his life. It sounds like he's afraid of what you might do to his well being. I actually think ur bro is worried about you comiting theft. Again, he has much, you literally have none. U r 30. Living at home with no money. You fucked something up bad.
>>
>>32304316
OP here, just visiting, surprised the threads still alive. For all the fuckwads like you making assumptions, he's on disability. He doesnt do shit to earn his money. And he bought all the guns with credit cards. Which he defaulted on and declared bankruptcy. He's not some responsible businessman. Hes a piece of shit who got his guns through loans he defaulted on. Being a piece of shit yourself you should take a page out of his playbook and buy some guns on credit yourself.
>>
>>32305886
oh and put one in your mouth.
>>
>>32299343
I would love to have this bastard as a buddy.
>>
>>32299300
Make like the French and retreat.
>>
>>32299590
Getting steel that's of the right tolerance is difficult. You either have to forge/cast it yourself, buy it from someone who can forge/cast it, or pray that the pipe you got from Home Depot will hold up.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.