[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This country cracks me up. After lever actions were chastised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: straight pull shotgun.jpg (57KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
straight pull shotgun.jpg
57KB, 540x960px
This country cracks me up. After lever actions were chastised by the media, the turks come out with a spring assisted straight pull shotgun for our market.
>>
>>32297098
The turks are doing in AUS what SIG is doing in the US with the sigbrace, that baffled muzzle brake, etc
>>
>>32297098
i don't understand why you allow your politicians to continually cuck you.
>>
File: 1457377553996.png (363KB, 583x562px) Image search: [Google]
1457377553996.png
363KB, 583x562px
>>32297098
>be American
>Can have pretty much any shotgun I want
>mfw I want this purely for the novelty.
>>
>>32297140
We have too many apathetic shooters that's why. Also our largest shooting organization doesn't have the balls to do anything unlike the NRA
>>
>>32297225
I didn't want a lever action shotguns until the anti's have had a shit fit. I'm going to buy this one as well. I'm waiting for the muh rapid fire comments
>>
>>32297098
what next, hand crank?
>>
>>32297508
removing the barrel for every shot
>>
>>32297508
ripcord racking like a lawnmower
>>
I pick mine up on wednesday. Ill make a webm of it.
>>
Also from GCAs old website

It is not surprising that Brisbane’s Courier Mail newspaper headlined on 24 May that a secret army was being recruited and trained in Queensland. This newspaper said that “The Freedom Scouts, similar to armed militia’s in America, aim to establish a force of 160,000 to be divided into as many as 10,000 small guerrilla units across the nation. The organisation claims large memberships in Townsville, Toowoomba, Mackay and Mosman.”

In the newspaper interview with Freedom Scouts leader Ron Heppes, he is reported to have said that “some Freedom Scouts had not handed in their semi-automatic weapons in the national gun buy-back”, and he commented that even if they had handed them in, they would be easily obtained by smuggling into Australia. Gun Control Australia believes that a major weakening of the gun laws in Queensland will create enormous difficulties for the National Gun Law Agreement to be effective.
>>
>>32297225
I thought the same thing about the Adler
>>
>>32297098
Banned in 3, 2, 1..........
>>
>>32297098
Free market at work

>>32297140
Australians are lazy and submissive. Must be the convict genes.
>>
>>32299122
Be kind of interested in what you think of it, got an old SxS and O&U that are pretty ancient, but we mostly use bucketloads of .223 and 308 for most of our shooting.
A half decent scattergat that can throw the odd slug might pique my interest.
>>
It's almost like they predicted all of these crazy regulations.

I want to see the next few in their lineup once they say this is verboten too.
>>
>>32297140
Because we're regular people with no money for a gun lobby.
>>
australia where airsoft,pepper spray ,slingshots ,tasers and lots more are illegal ..i hate my life and i want to die
>>
>>32297098
What is that thing? Make and model? I want to look it up.
>>
>>32297140
Australians unironically get all their gun knowledge from watching john oliver and jim jefferies.

All gun debate are framed with as either you support strengthening our 'gold standard' laws or you want to go full America.

Just remember most Australians think you can walk into Walmart and walkout with a full auto ak no questions asked.
>>
>>32299459
can you not fucking read
>>
>>32299463
thats because the libtards believe what our lying media says
>>
>>32299471
case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xipK-cfZA
>>
>>32299477
he is one of very few reporters that actually tells the truth
>>
>>32299477
well thats not what i expected ..thats a shit move ..this is one where he is pro gun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN41v8oQWtM
>>
>>32299510
my bad not the same guy but fuck they could pass as brothers
>>
>>32299510
Based Paul Murray just announced his show goes to two hours next year.
>>
>>32299510
>barnaby

I wish the Nationals could split from the Libs
>>
>>32297098
>$1,000 for turk garbage

wtf
>>
>>32299539
Are you American? Because Derryn Hinch is one of the most recognised journalists/presenters in Australia.

>>32299543
After the shit he's pulled over the Murray-Darling Basin plan and APVMA, I can only conclude that Barnaby is a corrupt little shit, ie. a typical politician.
>>
>>32299554
no i just don't watch mainstream bullshit media ....reporting in from albury nsw
>>
>>32299563
I'm calling bullshit sorry, I'm guessing you're just too young to really recognise him, even though he's been pretty high profile since becoming a senator.
>>
>>32298622
So a break action?
>>
>>32299576
i dont care if you call bullshit lol i just dont give a fuck about mainstream media
>>
>>32299466
I tried googling "STP12" and got no usable results, and "SHS STP12" also wasn't very useful. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what the hell SHS stands for, so I could narrow my search - or link to a sales page on some kind of online gun store website, since I couldn't find this thing on the Hall's Firearms website.

Cunt.
>>
File: mpepe~05.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mpepe~05.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>32299477
God I fucking hate Australians so fucking much. I want to kill them all.
>>
>>32297140
Mandatory voting makes sure that policies are implemented with the knowledge and foresight of the average citizen.
>>
>>32299594
>hating on the victim
Look at this akbar.
*shakes head*
>>
Going for cat A/B safety course this Sunday, applying for license as soon as I get it, with an Adler PTA as soon as I start the application!
>>
>>32299604
That's a crock of shit outside of the very few core areas of governance, eg. education, health, welfare, infrastructure. Those are what most people base their election decisions on, and that's exactly why our system of representative democracy is a steaming pile of shit.

Mandatory voting only helps to satisfy and reassure the public in their choices, meaning any policies in niche areas are more readily accepted, because the public chose those legislators, albeit for reasons completely separate from that.

Representative democracy is a broken system for the current level of development and affluence for our country, because it allows our politicians to trample on the freedoms we should be enjoying, while using the fear of slipping educational standards and exploding debt to quiet any concerns, as there is practically no other political recourse within the grasp of the average person.
>>
>>32299604
Given the donkey voter phenomenon I assume this post is sarcasm.
>>
>>32299625
>>32299629
Would this enfranchise conservative parties if adopted?
>>
>>32297140
We never had the chance to write up a constitution like you guys, we were settled as a prisoner camp and have been treated as such since, there has never been an organisation of the people capable of breaking the ankle irons that they never took off of us, and now we will never be strong enough to do so.

When gun control is brought up in the US, you have the military, large amount of LEO's, 600 million guns and multiple states all in support of the 2nd, where as in Australia we have a weak military, a police force that hates it's citizens and every state leader against us.

There are still some powerful people in the US that love America and her people, no one with a say in Australia could give a fuck about the country short of making a dollar for themselves.

Don't bother coming as tourists, let us kill ourselves in peace
>>
File: MPX-C-Detail-Hero.jpg (60KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
MPX-C-Detail-Hero.jpg
60KB, 633x348px
>>32297119
As a NH anon, I LOVE their constant trolling.

>totallynotasuppressor.jpg
>>
What's the actual real name of this shotgun? The one provided in the picture doesn't return anything decent on Google.
>>
>>32299608
You're acting as if you have no choice.
Why don't you gun owners make a stand? Form a modern, social media friendly owners association, gain power, retain rights.

Or, just get as many people as possible to raise a ruckus.
>>
>>32299921
I'm not sure what you mean. It mostly gives an advantage to whoever is listed first on the ballot since lazy people who have to vote by law just fill the boxes blindly.
>>
>>32297119
It's pretty funny.
>>
>>32300166
1. I'm not Australian
2. I'm not Austrian
3. I'm not murrkan

My post had only one goal and that was to portray victim-blaming in a negative light. That anon was no different from a sandperson solving a rape by stoning the victim in public and then setting her on fire when she's barely alive.

Also, you might want to consider that Australia has a severely different history than murrka. Things such like that have the tendency to affect laws being passed and put into practice.
>>
>>32300166
We have the SSAA (Sports shooters association of Australia((I think)) but their weak as piss and all they really do is build ranges and appear at shows.
I think the number of licenced shooters (not gun owners, only licence holders) is around 1 million about now, id put my money on at least 1/4 not believing in guns for out of sport use. That leaves us with 750k or so shooters that want changes to the laws, not even close to 1/20 the population.
We're too far gone at this point, never give the gun grabbers an inch, they'll take more than a mile.
>>
>>32299429
you have one of the wealthiest middle classes on the planet after the mining boom, don't blame us that you spend everything on utes booze and prostitutes
>>
>>32300077
Can I come as a liberator?
>>
File: glorious cock.jpg (47KB, 450x579px) Image search: [Google]
glorious cock.jpg
47KB, 450x579px
>>32297098
jesus. maybe turkroaches arnt so bad after all
>>
>>32300166

Not enough shooters interested in full freedom

As long as most can own a bolt rifle or double barrel, they'll never care
>>
>>32300132
Dear god I have to get myself one of these
>>
>>32300407
Sig lost the ATF suit, so no luck. They said it was a muzzlebrake, and isn't a suppressor until you wrap a metal tube around it ($5 metal tube + $200 tax stamp; genius!). Judge sided with ATF, and then shot the Sig Pro Shop's dog. Just b/c.
>>
>>32300244
>Also, you might want to consider that Australia has a severely different history than murrka.

Aust is kind of like NZ and Canada in a lot of ways, for about the last 200 years they're largely homogeneous societies of English, Scots, Irish and some small populations of mainland Euros. While it might not make for an 'exciting' place and has an relatively boring past, its an extremely stable western nation- no large scale riots, religious jihads, chimp-outs, high education, good health care and small disparity of income so you've not got hugely disaffected groups of people preying on one another. Plus being geographically isolated, means you don't have neighbours rolling over your border with some kind of murderous intent.
Basically, not a lot to fear.
There are some social issues, some crime, various amounts of other fuckery but unless you're really going out of your way to end up in some kind of gunfight with anyone. Being part of a violent criminal activity or being insanely unlucky is really about the only real way of getting your arse shot off. Put it this way, you don't need a gun to go out and get a cup of coffee or do your shopping

That said, the laws do need to be improved because they're far too arbitrary and ill-conceived in the first place due to the fearmongering going on by the media and every single political party supporting them.
>>
>>32298705

Oh Christ
>>
>>32300516
>That said, the laws do need to be improved because they're far too arbitrary and ill-conceived in the first place due to the fearmongering going on by the media and every single political party supporting them.
That is the cost of 'democracy'. You run the risk of being outvoted by a group that doesn't share your opinions. That being said, everyone can get some airtime to present their views but they do need to be ready to jump through some hoops and make a concession or two. I cannot support anyone who states that all media is against his views and ragequits the fight. That's no better than butthurt american students asking that exams be postponed and they be given psych counseling just cause Trump won.
>>
>>32300593
I'm just a cranky old solider, not a politician or journo.
Do what I can with what spare time I have, (time that my family doesn't get to spend with me) to help people get pistol licences because I believe firearms use is a healthy skillset that should remain in our society. But bullshit and fancy words just isn't me.
>>
>>32299580
KEK
>>
>>32300745
Well, as grizzled old soldier, I'm sure you will understand the principle of 'fight fire with fire'. A lot of people just parrot the 'guns are teh devil!!1111!!!' without any basic understanding what they are saying. The only way to combat that is to keep parroting that guns are just mechanical devices with no will of their own and advocate responsible gun ownership. And have a lot of patience. And back your arguments with rock solid statistical data that will stand up to scrutiny.

Just like everything else worth fighting for, half-assed efforts are doomed to fail. Invest yourself and you'll be surprised how effective it can be. I managed to convince my rabidly anti-gun aunt to let me take my two kid cousins to a shooting range. How? I managed to pound it into her skull that it's better that they satisfy their curiosity in a controlled environment than the two of them first encountering a weapon if one of their friends has a negligent gun owner dad and it ends up with someone being accidentally shot. And the fact is that every remotely intelligent child will be curious and it's better that they are properly taught.
>>
>>32300800
I'm more a case of hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I like to think I do a good job as an instructor, but between running a business, new born kid that has me up at 3am right now, wife and all the other shit that goes on with life there's only so much time in a day. Plus I do like to represent the responsible, professional shooter as part of my own sideline business of feral animal culling, that regular people with semi-automatic rifles doing their job with them are nothing to be feared. People who live in fear really aren't living, they're just trapped too deep in their own pocket reality to see out of it and I apply that same logic to gun ownership in this country- if you're needing a firearm for personal protection, there's been a serious fuck up along the way you really should have seen coming a long time ago and done something about it.

There's a place for personal defence in civilian society, but it does raise the question of your own behaviour, fears, acquaintances and problems that should be addressed at some level before seeking lethal force. If I lived in Iraq or any number of shitty countries that have people being killed over ridiculous things, hell yeah, own a gun! But here, not so convinced unless there's something spiralling wildly out of control.
That might happen here one day, but it really shouldn't come down to that. If it does, by all means people need to know how to protect themselves when all else fails.
>>
>>32300958
Well, hang in there bro. It won't be long until your kids finish college and finally stand on their own two feet so you can take a break ;)

You are doing your part, if nothing else then by not being a /k/ommando sperg and frightening people around you.

>if you're needing a firearm for personal protection, there's been a serious fuck up along the way you really should have seen coming a long time ago and done something about it
I agree with this statement a bajillion%
>>
>>32300958
>if you're needing a firearm for personal protection, there's been a serious fuck up along the way you really should have seen coming a long time ago and done something about it.

So I guess innocent people never get attacked in Australia? Wow, really makes me think...
>>
File: image.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
929KB, 200x200px
>>32301027
That's the most naïve sentiment I've ever read on this board.

>There's a place for personal defence in civilian society, but it does raise the question of your own behaviour, fears, acquaintances and problems that should be addressed at some level before seeking lethal force. If I lived in Iraq or any number of shitty countries that have people being killed over ridiculous things, hell yeah, own a gun! But here, not so convinced unless there's something spiralling wildly out of control.
>That might happen here one day, but it really shouldn't come down to that. If it does, by all means people need to know how to protect themselves when all else fails.

-----I mean wow, in what world do you think that victims of violence should've just "seen it coming"? Unless I'm completely misunderstanding you... I just don't know how a reasonable person can believe this.. talk about victim blaming lol.

I hope that I never need to use my gun to defend myself, I want it to just be a range toy, and I stay away from shitty people, don't party, don't drink, etc, but I live in an apparent complex that isn't the best, there are some crazy people here, and if my life gets threatened by some meth smoking fuckup, and I have a chance to save myself, I will, and if that includes protecting my brother or other loved ones... Then that's exactly why I carry

So I reject your claim that somehow i am to blame for anything that might happen to me and that instead of carrying to protect myself I should just change my living situation.. by all means I'm leaving this shitty apartment ASAP but until then..
>>
>>32301104
>>32301114
This exactly
>>
>>32301129
There's a reason Ausfailia is as cucked as it is. Im just amazed they post here.
>>
>>32301104
>>32301114
>>32301129
>>32301149
Pathetic bait/10
>>
>>32299443
crossbows
>>
>>32300377
Yea this attitude baffles me, they don't understand even that we will lose more rights and more rights.
>>
>>32300593
I have never seen a reasonable intelligent progun person on tv in Australia
>>
>>32301176
Have fun getting raped by roos, faggot.
>>
>>32297098
Can't wait for all the wacky actions that are gonna make a comeback for the Aussie market in the next few years. I would particularly like to see some four-barrelled break actions.
>>
>>32301244
At this rate they're just going to totally outlaw civilian firearms ownership there within 10-20 years.
>>
>>32301214
Hmmm...
How bout you do something other than shitpost on 4chan? Or do you intend to just wait till the problem solves itself and spend your time bitching OTI?
>>
>>32301305
what should i do, just go to my local tv station and ask them to interview me?
>>
>>32301362
Start a fucking leaflet campaign.
IS SELF-DEFENSE ILLEGAL?
should make at least a few people stop and mull some things over. Who knows, you might get invited on local news and end up in a position to be heard. Please, for the sake of everyone, if you do get in that position don't be a freak and have a solid statistical foundation so you don't get crucified and score an own-goal.
>>
>>32297098

Wait a sec

>lever actions were treated as semi autos other otherwise banned firearms
>"straight pull" (semi auto with sealed gas port) legal

What the fuck is up with Australia? Can Australians own any semiautomatic centerfire firearms at all?
>>
>>32301497
Well I wouldn't even want lifted restrictions for self defense, just crazy nonsense like semi-auto rifles and pump actions and crossbows being banned.
>>
>>32301540
There is different catagories of weapons
A .22's and gay shit
B Centrefire repeaters like Bolt Actions
C Pump shotguns and semi auto shotguns under 5 rounds, rimfire semis under 10 rounds
D Anyting else like semi-auto centerfires
H handguns

A and B are possible to buy without much trouble for normal people
C and D no chance, the only people who can have them and it depends on the state, are farmers who need to shoot feral animals, and even then its not easy.

H is actually ok generally, but if the barrel is shorter than 120mm your not allowed to shoot it.
>>
>>32301675
What I posted was just an example off the top of my head. I trust that you, as an intelligent young human being, got the gist of my post. Don't bitch that some random law is unfair. Do something to actively fight it. Hell, take it as a life lesson that everything in life that is worth anything is something you fought for. If it just landed in your lap, it's shit.
>>
>>32301104
Its the low hanging fruit for easy votes.
Demonising gun violence because its 'unusual and ugly', completely ignoring the fact that people kill each other in cars every week- but no politicians going to start screaming as loudly for drivers to be trained and licensed differently. Being shot here is an aberration, an extreme circumstance and not the norm.

>>32301114
>Unless I'm completely misunderstanding you
You're selectively quoting parts of my comment and ignoring the simple statement-

>hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
You're prepared and good luck

Complacency and unnecessary risk taking is what causes almost all the problems with conflict at a civilian level in most places- THAT is what I was getting at. People fall back on the old bullshit here too where they blame the state, blame the angry minority, the police and everyone else they can think of when they get fucked over. They almost never blame themselves for doing something stupid which can be avoided, guns in that respect are the extreme circumstance because they're the last lethal option when everything goes to shit. Lot of people here almost seem overly eager to take a human life in response to threats and that's disturbing on a couple of levels. Their ability to respond is being conditioned by preconceptions, their actions may result in not just someone else dying (for right or wrong) but their own life may be over and jail's a long time to sit on your arse thinking about how it could have gone differently.
>>
>>32301540
Oh and also, catagory E weapons are fucking bulletproof vests. Vest = Weapon.

also catagory M is so INSANE that i have to post it.

Category M weapons

Each of the following is a category M weapon--

(a) any clothing, apparel, accessory or article designed to disguise any weapon or other cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

(b) any of the following that is primarily designed for the control of native or feral animals-

(i) an antipersonnel gas of a corrosive, noxious or irritant nature or that is capable of causing bodily harm and any weapon capable of discharging the gas by any means;

(ii) an antipersonnel substance of a corrosive, noxious or irritant nature or that is capable of causing bodily harm and any weapon capable of discharging the substance by any means;

(c) any knife so designed or constructed so as to be used as a weapon that while the knife is held in hand, the blade may be released by that hand;

(d) any clothing, apparel, adornment or accessory designed for use as a weapon or a cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

(e) any incendiary or inflammable device containing any substance capable of causing bodily harm or damage to property that is primarily designed for vegetation management;

(f) any pistol crossbow designed to be discharged by the use of 1 hand (that is not a toy pistol crossbow) that when discharged is capable of causing damage or injury to property or capable of causing bodily harm;

(g) any crossbow designed to be discharged by the use of 2 hands that, when discharged, is capable of causing damage or injury to property or capable of causing bodily harm;

(h) a Chinese throwing iron that is a hard non-flexible plate having 3 or more radiating points with 1 or more sharp edges in the shape of a polygon, trefoil, cross, star, diamond or geometric shape and constructed or designed to be thrown as a weapon;
>>
>>32301767
(i) a flail or similar device constructed and designed as a weapon consisting of in part a striking head and which, if used offensively against a person, is capable of causing bodily harm;

(j) a device known as a 'manrikiguisari' or 'kusari', consisting of a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a geometrically shaped weight or handgrip and constructed or designed for use as a weapon;

(k) a device known as a knuckleduster or any device made or adapted for use as a knuckleduster and which, if used offensively against a person, is capable of causing bodily harm;

(l) a weighted glove designed or constructed to be used as a weapon;

(m) a mace or any similar article (other than a ceremonial mace made for and used solely as a symbol of authority on ceremonial occasions); and/or;

(n) any device, not a toy, constructed or designed as a telescopic baton, the extension of which is actuated by the operation of a mechanical trigger.
>>
>>32297098
Can we trade the /k/ommandos in ausfailia for an equal number of Libtards here in the us?
>>
>>32300323
All that wealth is tied up in homes, so it can't exactly just be spent.

The price of real estate is why we're so wealthy as a country, it gives a very false narrative, because the house prices could halve next week and everything else being normal, our apparent wealth would be gone even though our living standards remain the same.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.