[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit 140mph in my car yesterday, only now have I remembered I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1470954845661.jpg (135KB, 396x482px) Image search: [Google]
1470954845661.jpg
135KB, 396x482px
Hit 140mph in my car yesterday, only now have I remembered I had my ar and a bolt gun in the back seat, had I been pulled over what would have been the repercussions with regards to my guns?
>>
File: image.png (281KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281KB, 420x420px
>>32290646
Depends on the state laws about storage of guns in a car desu. Also, if you can't keep track of your guns you're an idiot.
>>
>>32290646
They were unrelated to the crime you were committing so as long as they were stored in a legal manner in your vehicle it shouldn't have added anything to the ticket. You'd still have a felony speeding in most states though.
>>
>>32290693
in his defense, i have so many guns its hard to keep track of them, my gun safe is overflowing, with guns scattered around my gunroom, ive got guns in my bedroom, a gun in the garage im doing stockwork on, pretty sure my truck gun is sitting with it too. hell theres two guns in my bedroom that arent even mine, ive got my friends guns lying around here too. its easy to keep track of a few guns, but once you start counting them by the dozen it gets impossible.
>>
>>32290646
They'd be impounded with your car probably. Or the cops could just take them under civil asset forfeiture, but they can do that even if you aren't speeding.
>>
>>32290646

Depends where you live. Why does almost everyone who posts legal questions not bother to post where the live?
>>
>>32290805
>AR
>MPH
Gee anon, I wonder where OP could be living?
>>
>>32290828
Liberia
>>
>>32290646
>140

doubt it

The wheels would be shaking like mad since your tires are rated for 98 mph and maybe 5% of cars even have a limiter that runs that high
>>
>>32290828
The United States of America of course.
States, plural, in one federation but with different laws in each.
>>
File: _freedom_intensifies_.png (397KB, 490x319px) Image search: [Google]
_freedom_intensifies_.png
397KB, 490x319px
>>32290828
Gee anon, it's almost like the different states in the United States have different laws.
>>
>>32290864

I took my shitbox 2002 Nissan Frontier to 112 when I was in junior year of high school. Was on the interstate at 2am and thought "wonder what happens when I put my foot on the carpet". I was 17 and dumb.

And this was the 4 cylinder version with the slushbox automatic transmission.

If OP had something even vaguely sporty 140 is perfectly believable. Hell, I'm pretty sure the current gen Ford Foxus can do in the ballpark of 140, and that's an economy four door sedan.
>>
fastest i've done is 100 in my stock honda accord 6 cyl just to see if it would go 100

probably goes higher. didn't really want to find out.
>>
>>32290828
>every US state has the same laws
>>
>>32291224
Most cars in America manufactured after about 1992 have an electronic governor on them.

Most of those electronic governors are set to either 123 or 127mph, +/- around 2%.

For example, I have a 2007 300C. It's electronically governed at 130mph, which is only about 2800rpm and the pedal halfway down.
>>
>>32290864

Back in my day I did 140-150 regularly in my old Cutlass Supreme. That was back before governors and when gas was cheap enough for such shenanigans.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.