[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't been on this board before, just wondering how powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Haven't been on this board before, just wondering how powerful a Hi-Point 9mm 916HC C9 Compact Pistol is and if it will be able to kill a person if possible. I'm thinking of getting one in order to protect my house, as I've had 2 break-ins in the past 6 months and need to protect my kids.
>>
>>32289194
>if it will be able to kill a person if possible.

Yes it makes a perfect bludgeoning weapon.
>>
>>32289194
I think I'd be able to survive a point blank shit to the head
>>
>>32289194
They are ugly as hell but they will stop a man, just practice alot with it
>>
>>32289194
Buy a shotgun thats not too long. Practice with it, it's not a magic wand. You gotta make sure you know it like the back of your hand.
>>
Follow up question. Can it kill at point blank range?
>>
>>32289263
No
The bullet is traveling so slow you can stop it with the tip of a finger.
>>
>>32289194

Anon, power comes from a combination of the caliber and barrel length. It's not the gun but what it shoots, a 9mm highpoint will be as powerful as a 500$ 9mm glock or 1000$ 9mm sig saur.

High points are known for being over sized and having low magazine capacity but are also known to go bang reliably. Whatever you buy, search the "thumbs forward grip" on youtube and master it, shoot at least 100 rounds through it in a trip to the range testing both magazines that come with the gun, and find out how to clean it. A gun will last pretty much forever if it's cleaned every once in a while.

Yes 9mm will reliably kill a person. Don't fall for 45 auto stopping power meme, the difference is negligeable and it'll be harder to shoot. Also, don't shoot someone breaking in just once, empty the whole magazine, police do it for a reason.
>>
>>32289263
No, it only does 10 dmg with no crits point blank.
>>
Its fine, OP. The only thing is its heavy as fuck, ugly as sin and clunky as shit. Also they have a reputation for being associated with crime and niggers, but yes, it will kill people dead no problem
>>
File: IMG-8387-660x440.jpg (57KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-8387-660x440.jpg
57KB, 660x440px
>>32289194
If you're looking for a cheap 9mm, look at the SCCY. Looks a hell of a lot better and is stil $200-250.
>>
>>32289194
i understand you dont know that much about guns but, guns cant really kill people. its just physically impossible
>>
File: feg hipower.jpg (32KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
feg hipower.jpg
32KB, 567x425px
>>32289194
They're not worthless but consider saving up, a Hi-Point is crude, heavy, and a bit tricky to shoot.

Something like an old FEG Hi-Power clone is like $300 and is much nicer and much more practical, more easy to shoot too.
There's even flush fitting 15rd magazines available for them.
>>
You could save up a bit and get an m&p shield for about tree fiddy.
>>
>>32289378
>tfw no hand fedora
>>
They're fine OP, but if you want home defense on a budget get a maverick 88. Costs about the same and 12ga will actually put someone down rather than a pistol round having them bleed out minutes later.
>>
>>32289210
Gross
>>
>>32289850
>Still trying to force this shitty meme
>>
>>32289194
wel considering blacks murder each other in record numbers using this gun then yeah it'll kill
>>
>>32289310
but the accuracy is like 90% though. You can't get crits but at least you'll (almost) always hit
>>
>>32289346
Does the safety bite you?
>>
>>32289346
>home defense
>recommends a compact over a fullsize
Wrong. Compacts are harder to shoot, and smaller tends to mean more failure prone.
>looks better
Looks don't fucking matter and should NEVER be a factor in a home defense gun.
>SCCY
Universally understood to have awful reliability and quality control.

tl;dr
Fuck. You.
>>
>>32289378
This. Astra a-100s are also great IF you can find one. Da/sa, no saftey, full size sig clone for $300.

Great guns for the price.
>>
>>32289204
I put mine in the end of a long sock
>>
>>32289194

get a hi-point carbine, pistols suck ass if you're relatively untrained
>>
>>32289346
I've shot one and it's the worst trigger I've ever used
Jammed twice in 4 mags
1/10 would not buy.
>>
File: Unemployable Fat Girl.jpg (314KB, 1005x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Unemployable Fat Girl.jpg
314KB, 1005x1200px
>>32289194
>>
>>32289194
With kids involved you better know what your doing
>>
>>32289194
Get a carbine or a shotgun.

Hi Point or sub 2k if you can find it, in .45 or 9mm.
>>
>>32289194
>2 break-ins in the past 6 months

GET SOME FUCKING CAMERAS

Jesus. Why are some people so dense.
>>
>>32289378
Ohgod no, the triggers on these is gritty as fuck and the mags are unreliable as shit.

Honestly op, it's fine, as long as you practice.
>>
File: MecGar 15rd Hi-Power magazine.jpg (23KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
MecGar 15rd Hi-Power magazine.jpg
23KB, 880x660px
>>32297326
>the triggers on these is gritty as fuck
Can't be worse than a Hi-Point trigger, also it's easy to improve a Hi-Power trigger by having the magazine disconnect removed, but it's not really that bad.
Even then, just a bit of lubrication can do a lot for grit, and if OP feels the trigger is just deplorable and unacceptable, he could pay a gunsmith to polish up the internals a little bit.

>and the mags are unreliable as shit
Either get a surplus Hi-Power magazine for cheap, or get a 15 round magazine from MecGar, which is like $25 tops, a bit pricey for a poorfag but he can make do with just one or two magazines, that's 15+15+1 rounds o 9mm Luger, more than adequate, way more than a revolver with two speedloaders, just for comparison.
>>
>>32289194
>2 break ins in the past 6 months
Where are you, Chicago?
>>
>>32289194
Yes. Black people use them all the time to kill eachother.
>>
>>32289308
No, no we don't.

Your advice is shit.
>>
>>32289194
Save up and get a G19
>>
>>32293412
I don't know how the hell they did that. I've never seen a C9 run into stoppages.

It's shit in every other way it can be, but it will shoot when you pull the trigger.

I can only assume they got a lemon, or were told to trash it by advertisers that don't like cheap guns.
>>
>>32289194
Just buy a maverick 88 or a used mossberg.
>>
This gun is so fucking mexi tyrone gangbanger tier, even a fucking flintlock long rifle is better
>>
>>32299168
The Hi-Point is more sensitive to limpwristing for one.

It's not really as bad as detractors make it out to be, most who talk shit about it have limited, f any, experience with them.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.