[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Witness Elite Limited a good carry/competition gun? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is the Witness Elite Limited a good carry/competition gun?

I like the potential of putting an optic mount on the gun using the pre-drilled-and-tapped holes.

Also, since the Tangfolios are based on the CZ-75 platform, if I wanted to install a threaded barrel on a Witness, would I be looking for CZ-75 barrels?
>>
>>32289151
But anon, don't you want to turn into a cyborg ninja made out of pistols?
>>
>>32289178
While that would be ideal, I don't think that's feasible currently.
>>
carry and competition?
you're an idiot
>>
>>32289151
>competition
Sure, depends of the division but yeah why not
>carry
You do know they're big, bulky, have a lot of bits sticking out of them, and generally don't give a shit about being CCW'd comfortably or subtly?
>>
I don't know that you can just drop a cz 75 barrel in there, but what the fuck are you doing looking for both a carry and competition firearm? That's kinda retarded desu
>>
>>32289202
Because I want to 3-gun and I want something that's good for competition and customizable but I don't think I'd be able to afford another pistol for a long bit.
>>
>>32289151
>carry/competition
Eventually you come to conclusion that this was a mistake to put 2 reguirements in 1 gun. Just like the new stealth-all-purpose-jet that boeing is working on.
>>
>>32289222
You're not going to find a gun that can do both well. Idk the rules of 3 gun, but your best bet would be a 1911. It's slim and light enough to not be a total pain in the ass for carrying, and can work in competition too
>>
>>32289151
I'd wager to say that it's a good competition gun, but that depends on what kind of competition you're interested in. Go to a match and talk to others about what they use and why. That should give you a good idea about what to get.

Unless you're huge, it probably won't be a good concealed carry gun. Even if you are huge, can reasonably conceal it, or are open carrying, it's probably not a good idea to carry a competition gun because the things that make a good competition gun don't make a good carry gun:

Heavy? Good for competition for fast follow up shots. Bad for carry because you don't want to lug a brick around.

Light trigger? Good for competition for fast follow up shots and decreasing the effects of flinching on your accuracy. Bad for carry because adrenaline will turn touching the trigger into pulling the trigger.

Expensive? Good for competition to gain an edge against others. Bad for carry because the police will usually take it if you're forced to use it.

For reasons like these, I have a fancy CZ for competition and a Glock 19 for carry.

Do whatever works for you.
>>
>>32289222
>Witness Elite Limited
Witness Elite retails for over a grand, but you can't afford two guns?
>>
>>32289260
I want something that I view as good.

And customizing something like a Glock for competition would get me pretty close to a grand, anyways.
>>
>>32289178
>those fucking ads
who thought this was a good idea? I want to slap him in the face then shake his hand.
>>
>>32289454
never underestimate Italians on coke
>>
>>32289274
you can't find two good pistols for $1k? You're mixing up your priorities really hard.

>>32289454
good god, that looks like a rejected photoshop contest entry from 2002
>>
>>32289501
You forgot the customization part. I know it's not necessary for 3-gun but I would like to be able to customize my competition gun, and that usually takes money.
>>
>>32289522
I didn't forget I said it's stupid to try to do all three in one pistol. The best option I suppose you have is to get something modular like the Sig P320 with a fullsize and compact frame, different magazine types, and a sight that functions for both like trijicons. You're not going to have much success carrying a full size pistol with a red dot on your person so you'd be stuck picking off-body carry.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.