[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: HansUlrichRudel.jpg (54KB, 250x363px) Image search: [Google]
HansUlrichRudel.jpg
54KB, 250x363px
how?!
>>
total base
>>
>he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds
whoa, thats what I call a medal
>>
File: rudel_farbe.jpg (28KB, 313x466px) Image search: [Google]
rudel_farbe.jpg
28KB, 313x466px
>>32290826
fuck the medal...what about the man.
someone who was "all in" and totally committed to the defense of his comrades and the destruction of his country's enemies.
>>
File: stuka.jpg (79KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
stuka.jpg
79KB, 600x388px
>>32288463
a battleship,2 Cruisers and a Destroyer.
70 landing crafts.
11 planes in aerial combat.
at least 4 armored trains.
more than 1000 vehicles of all types not counting tanks.
519 tanks
over 150 artillery, anti-tank and anti-aircraft positions.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
>TFW you`ll never see good documentaries or good movies about this man
>>
>>32291190
with the mostly obsolete ju87 no less.
damn, just think if he had something like the a-10 to work with.
>>
>>32288463
A whole lot of sorties.
>>
>>32290919
Major Lee Lue (1935 – July 12, 1969) was a Laotian Hmong fighter bomber pilot notable for flying more combat missions than any other pilot in the Kingdom of Laos. Lee Lue flew continuously, as many as 10 missions a day and averaging 120 combat missions a month to build a total of more than 5,000 sorties. Lee Lue was the leader of the special group of Hmong pilots flying T-28Ds out of Long Tieng against the Pathet Lao and North Vietnamese positions. The group was funded by the CIA and was part of the regular Royal Lao Air Force, but took orders directly from MR2 Commander Gen. Vang Pao. He was shot down by anti-aircraft fire and killed over Laos near Muang Soui on July 12, 1969. At the time of his death, he had flown more combat missions than any pilot in history.
>>
>>32288463
Talent, mixed with a hefty dose of the typical air-wing over-reporting.
>>
>>32294253
He was called in as consulting for the design of the A-10.
>>
>>32297692
>over-reporting

I don't think the Germans did very much of this.

I was reading a book on U-boats, and when they scored a hit, the captain had to actually watch it sink with at least an officer as a second witness to count it as tonnage sunk.
If they scored a hit but had to dive to hide from a destroyer or something, It was always assumed the target ship got away damaged, unless it was seen sunk.

I can't say for certain that the Luftwaffe did things the same as the Kriegsmarine, but the German military was pretty strict.
>>
>>32288463
goat. Highly recommend his book.
>>
>>32290919
he just got lucky.. pussy as punk
>>
>>32297692
Actually in this case it wasn't over-reporting but a case of, we're fucked, might as well go down fighting.

Usually a pilot thats very good is assigned as a teacher to new pilots.
The Luftwaffe couldn't afford it in the end anymore because they didn't have time, personal or machinery for new pilots. So they let the talented pilots do as much damage as possible.

In the end we made heavy use of propaganda in case of Rudel, the Sowjets redirected entire troops and air assets when they knew Rudel was in the area, and he basically landed after a bombing run only to jump into the next aircraft that was already loaded and fuelled up.

Big problem with Rudel was that he was a huge fan of Stukkas, admittably because they worked with his skills, this influenced Hitler to stop bothering with strategic bombers. In the end that cost the axis quite a bit.
>>
File: heres why.png (445KB, 941x663px) Image search: [Google]
heres why.png
445KB, 941x663px
>>32297692
There are many good reasons already studied and published of why there are so many high scoring german fighter pilots, and not the "over-reporting" that I have seen parroted in this board lately.

First, for many pilots, the initial phase of Operation Barbarossa served as a good killing ground against their soviet counterparts, that in their great majority are less experienced and piloting obsolete machines. Second, on almost all fronts that the Germans fought they had fewer aircraft than their enemies, so there was an accumulation of work over a few pilots, who were forced to participate in more missions. And the third reason is the already very well know that german pilots rotation was almost nonexistent, different from their enemies, they are there until they get shot down or until the war ends, whatever happen's first.

The source of the image is a Osprey Man-at-Arms book wrote by Robert F. Stedman.

>>32298809
>I can't say for certain that the Luftwaffe did things the same as the Kriegsmarine, but the German military was pretty strict.
It was almost the same; to confirm a kill it had to be recorded on gun-camera film, or have at least one other human witness, that could be his wingman, squadron mate, or some ground observer of the encounter, like friendly troops stationed near the location.

Kills also cound not be shared between two pilots, so, if it happened and the two pilots couldn't resolve between themselves who was the author of the same kill, the kill goes to the squadron score.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.