[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the GWOT broveteran-culture ever die down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

I thought it was pretty cool at first, but now it just seems a bit pretentiously egotistical and everyone jacking each other off.

80% of these channels now are just playing off anti-left tropes
>muh liberal college students
>muh gun grabbers
>muh hipsters
>>
File: 8b2.jpg (120KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
8b2.jpg
120KB, 853x543px
>>32287767
CTR SHILL PLZ GO
>>
>>32287831
I'm sorry, who!?
>>
>>32287767

Dude, the only people that buy into this shit are the 20-something fuccbois that signed up, did one pussy-foot drawdown tour and are suddenly massive badasses.

The fucking channels don't even buy into it, they're just trying to move product.

Go talk to literally any Op: Anaconda or Surge vets and they'll tell you like it is, GWOT sucks, and folks who have spent years of their life over there just want to forget it.
>>
>>32288066
>>3228776
fuck you guys these dudes promote a message other than the 'muh ptsd' or 'too broken to contribute' that the media shoves down our throats.

also theyre fun and help morale, quit being cunts.
>>
>>32288107

>help morale

not unless you've done a single tour or are some POG motherfucker.

They push product, all of them, that's all they do.

People who were "in the shit" back in 2001-2008 are far too old to give a shit about these faggot dudebros that pretend to be drunks whoring around constantly.

>be me
>get home from tour 3
>wife has left me and took the house
>I drink with other troops and we tell war stories to cute college girls to get them to sleep with us

Wow I was a fucking loser.

>these guys
>pretend to drink copious amounts of liquor
>pretend to fuck millions of hot chics
>peddle shitty meme products to US servicemen

WOW SO EBIN BADASS!

>ptsd bullshit

Also, this point pisses me off, because there are A LOT of troops with issues that need help, and these fuccbois that run around promoting this idea that if you just drink and fuck enough, your head will be fine are literally killing people.

When I got home I *did* drink and fuck myself into a coma, because psych meds were for pussies and whiskey is a real man's medicine, and guess what? I ended up with a gun in my mouth. These guys are dangerous to people who don't know any better, and there are a lot of people that still need help.

Within 6 months of returning 2 of my best friends killed themselves, military veteran suicide rates continue to be way, way higher than the national average, and ignoring the problem or saying "lol kek just man up" will only continue to get people killed.

>inb4 you say some stupid shit

Fuck off, POG/millennial, get your shit out of here.
>>
>>32288170
Nice blog post.
>>
>>32288170
>only the opinions of people who were in from 2001-2008 matter
kys RIP/RASP reject
>>
>>32288183

>I did a drawdown tour on a FOB and now I'm a badass

don't you have a tactical titty beer coozie to buy from thse faggots?
>>
>>32288170
>run around promoting this idea that if you just drink and fuck enough, your head will be fine
I agree with this, especially when you don't find joy among the lowest levels of hedonism.
>>
>>32288179
>>32288183
>all we have are memes and insults
What, you faggots run out of libruls to whine about, you gotta go fuck with people who are making sense?
>>
File: 1477493797331.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477493797331.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>32288170

Any OEF vets don't qualify to claim to suffer PTSD.

Skirmishes against a few dozen sand niggers without a proper army does not give you PTSD.
>>
Scuse me ehats a GWOT? Im not too savvy on the new age lingo?
>>
File: 1470474880176.jpg (71KB, 640x622px) Image search: [Google]
1470474880176.jpg
71KB, 640x622px
>>32288214

>literally part of the problem

okay
>>
>>32288201
They are intentionally triggering you because they know what to say to do it.

Let it go. This place does not matter, nor does anyone really belive the stuff they peddle. (Rather, its very rare)
>>
>>32288201
I'm not whining about liberals I'm whining about the woe is me Iraq vet that so bereft of activity that he has to cry about the vets that came after him that are making a living by selling moto shit to boots and FNG's. Plenty of these ranger up/ Art15 type companies donate to non profits like Special Operations Warrior Foundation, The Gallant Few and similar vet help organizations. Just because they post cringe content about fucking bimbos and drinking jame-o while wearing multimeme doesn't mean they don't have a positive impact on the veteran community
>>
>>32288170
>>32288190
>>32288201
For real though, can you share some stories? I'd love to hear some or see some pics.
>>
>>32288214
Are you going to tell us that only OIF vets have earned the right to have PTSD?
>>
>>32287767
>Will the GWOT broveteran-culture ever die down?
Now that the war has ended of course it will.
>>
>>32287767
A pro-American culture.
You don't like that? What a surprise.

Why don't you get media you watched produced from a second or third world country then?
>>
>>32288258

>they donate money

great, fantastic

>everything else

could not give fewer shits, the memer with one leg that constantly harps on the "lol I have one leg so therefore you are a pussy, faggot" is just that, a condescending asshole that puts off an air that marginalizes psychological casualties that are *already* feeling like killing themselves because they feel like pussies/worthless.

War isn't a fucking game, and I'm sick of seeing Marine poolees trolling bars for pussy in their PT shirts and Art15 gear thinking they're bad motherfuckers even though they haven't even run the Crucible, let alone been stuck in hell for over a year at a time.

>>32288261

Of what? My stories are the same as anyone else's, next vet story thread just pay attention. 40% hurry up, 55% wait, 5% pants-shitting terror and shooting.

Also, rip-its, metric tons of rip-its.

Of course, along with rip-its come the rip-it shits, which are not fun at all.
>>
>>32288324
It's not so much I don't like it, as much as I don't find them funny.
>muh bacon hurrurr
>FUCK________
>muh beard
>freedom this freedom that
I mean you can only talk about those things for only so long before it stagnates..
>>
>>32288334
Bro I really think you're looking at this the wrong way. The one legged guy I assume is Derek Weida and he really doesn't wear his service on his sleeve like Matt Best and the Art15 guys do. He actually has some pretty insightful videos about overcoming the mental stresses of being med sep'd and having your leg perforated by an AK.Regardless, I agree that the constant reminder of "I was a Soulja/Muhreen/Operpotato" gets old and can often come off as crass. However cringy their shit is, I doubt it's any vets intent to marginalize those who have PTSD or combat fatigue. I just try to acknowledge that theyre trying to make money/help, and remember to donate to some mental health non profit once a month
>>
>>32288425
>Derek Weida
Yes, OP here. He's like the one guy who I think is pretty cool.
>>
>>32288416
It's not so much I don't like it, as much as I don't find them important
>Muh gays
>Fuck police/whitey/trump
>Muh mustache beard combo
>freedom to play in traffic
It's true. The dems political talk is stagnating
>>
>>32288214
>Skirmishes against a few dozen sand niggers without a proper army does not give you PTSD.

Really, now? Life where 99% of the time is boring af might not sound bad, but in that time you still have to keep your head on a swivel for the other 1% where you might lose your limbs to some goatfucker who whipped up an IED from some rusty old ordnance. That kind of high stakes, low occurrence stress fucks with the mind super hard. It's the kind of thing that's hard to shake off for many because the 99% boredom blends in seamlessly with real life back home. It throws off the mind's criteria for risk analysis and will make people stay stuck in go-mode. And people like you don't understand that, and berate people for it, and call them pussies, and that's the kind of thing that alienates vets and drives them to suicide on a lonely holiday.

Talk to a vet sometime, when you're done with your homework. It might be enlightening.
>>
>>32288223
Google told me "Global War on Terror"
which everyone who steps out of boot camp gets a medal for, despite not being required to actually do anything.
>>
>>32287767
Most of them enlisted so they could post on their IG bio their military resume.
>>
>>32288107
Kek triggered
>>
>>32288223
cunt if you would just google "gwot" you could instantly find out what it means

but instead you had to waste precious internet bytes to inform the world of your ineptitude to figure anything out for yourself
>>
>>32288066
I got 3 years between both shit holes. I got TBI from a mortar attack, still in the service and all I want is to go back and fuck some more shit up.

Some of us just want to do the job we signed up for and blow shit up.
>>
File: 1452571547227.png (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452571547227.png
148KB, 640x480px
>>32288542
>TBI
>fuuuuckkk

Symptoms range so much, it fucked my buddy up when we got hit. What do you have from it?
>>
>>32288509
>that sentence structure
I'd accuse you of failing the asvab, but I'm pretty sure you'd start shouting about joos.
>>
>>32288556
Memory loss and anxiety disorder for the most part. I got the help I needed and just want to go back downrange.

I believe you really can't appreciate life until you see how it could be ended in the most painful ways.

At the end of the day it's fucking job, no one owes you shit and don't be a pussy if you hurting on the inside.
>>
>>32288587
I know the difference between their and there. I'm too smart to be a welfare recipient, fighting for the joos.
>also couldn't deny my post wasn't correct
Kek
>>
File: untitled.gif (157KB, 591x694px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.gif
157KB, 591x694px
I think they are alright.

I started drinking too much during and especially after my time in, and it hurt my relationships. I also learned that I react poorly to criticism from people I do not respect. That is understandably common. You are lucky if you can change how you react to stress without escapism or anger on your own.

Most civis (not all) have two reactions to military service: either it is something political to them, or it does not affect them. These low intensity conflicts suck for us because the rest of society is not invested. So we are basically alone except for each other. That is why you get this over-the-top expression of military ethos, because we are also dealing with the isolation and alienation from society.

We are not all about bacon, guns, eagles, and flags; we are different from everybody else in way we want to be proud of.
>>
>>32288776
Fuck yes, I can't respect a slick sleeve SSG or above.
>>
>>32288170
>not realizing this is their outlet

While you don't agree with it, everyone copes differently.
>>
>>32288840
>saw a female sfc slick sleeve
>was gloating about how she always dodged getting deployed

Literally why even join the military?
>>
>>32288899
I got a SGM that says his MOS never required him to deploy

Smh>>32288899
>>
>>32287767
Huh? I literally don't know what you're trying to say.

I was in OIF/OEF, I just try to be a human. I don't even talk about it unless someone asks me.
>>
>>32288542
This. Fuck anyone who wants to try and put words in our mouth. Fuckers can go fight and die for their own ideology, then they can talk.
>>
>>32289005
I hear ya man, I just hit 10 years and plan on staying in
>>
>>32288334
>could not give fewer shits, the memer with one leg that constantly harps on the "lol I have one leg so therefore you are a pussy, faggot" is just that, a condescending asshole that puts off an air that marginalizes psychological casualties that are *already* feeling like killing themselves because they feel like pussies/worthless.
Are you serious? The guy legitimately wants to help other veterans. This thread is full of posts about how veterans suffer from coming back home with injuries of either body or mind. Are you saying the guy doesn't get to complain even if his leg was mutilated, and he spend a good while being drunk, depressed, and suicidal like all of the other stories?
>>
>>32288534
>because googling acronyms works flawlessly
>>
>>32288776
>So we are basically alone except for each other.
This kind of stuff is the new VFW/AL. It just happens to be on Facebook instead of the outpost.

>That is why you get this over-the-top expression of military ethos, because we are also dealing with the isolation and alienation from society.
This is a weird thing and it has way more to do with the difficulties of transition than the prevailing attitude of society towards veterans. It's hard to be a mid to late-20's guy separating from the military and getting dumped straight into a university that's mostly late teens and early-20's people who don't listen to the same music, watch the same TV, understand the same pop culture references, or have the same ideals or perspectives on the world. Neither is right or wrong (except people who listen to trap rap seriously what the fuck) but when you're the minority that doesn't fit in it's easy to fall into that "us vs them" mentality. It's easy to get bitter and withdrawn and give up on trying to meet new people. Then you hop online and find a thousand other people who feel just like you. The attitude of those people you fall in with (even if it's 100% online) shapes your own attitude. Would OP rather have people jump in with the "Dysfunctional Veteran" losers or the dudebros? Would OP rather have people acting like they can't function in a society of disgusting civilians, or glorifying closing down the bar with their friends?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.