[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti Poaching.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Instructor Zero gets in on the APU work, hopefully it draws enough attention to what's happening to the large mammals of Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4uGucRzIQ
>>
>>32287661
lol these pseudo wanna be operators that never did anything in their lives other than shoot at paper on youtube trying to teach soldiers how to fight.
>>
>>32287661
A friend of mine , a contractor, worked the anti-poaching mission in Africa. Said it was a bullshit Mission.
>>
>>32287730
Zero is former Italian Special Forces iirc
>>
So, where's the sign up for the anti-anti-poaching?
>>
>>32287852
That's funny, that's like saying he was a elite operator in the USCG and he invented thumb over bore and it now and airsoft convention runway model.
>>
>>32287818
What makes it bullshit
>>
>>32287818
>the anti-poaching mission
Africa is a really big place, and there are a lot of people doing a lot different things in a lot of different place. There are gov't funded units and then there are small private units protection game lodges. I call bullshit on your statement.
>>
>>32287661
fuck predatory animals. poach the hell out of them.
>>
File: 1000x14.jpg (145KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
1000x14.jpg
145KB, 1000x665px
>>32287891
>>32287818
This

The guys at Kruger national park have ground-search radars a fleet of helos and rudimentary ISTAR platforms as well as access to military intelligence, Recces and Police Special Task Force

The guys in Virunga, DRC, are pic related. They have a couple D30 howitzers and one of the few operational Congolese airforce Hinds in the entire Eastern-DRC permanently attached.

Africa is vast, their anti-poaching efforts stretch from extremely high tech to what is effectively a combined arms battalion, and everything in-between
>>
>>32287852
>lol these pseudo wanna be operators that never did anything in their lives other than shoot at paper on youtube trying to teach soldiers how to fight.
>>
>>32288218
I grew up within a half day walk of Kruger, and I still go back to the family farm a couple times each year.

It is large enough and rugged enough I don't see any effective way to slow down poaching. They'd need hundreds of helos. Many of the locals view the animals there as income to be exploited at every opportunity. If they killed the last of something they wouldn't know or care.

The only way to stop it is to cut off the markets that make it profitable.
>>
>>32288956
>Many of the locals view the animals there as income
And you'd know that those locals are far more likely to be involved in tourism and hospitality than they are poaching.

The way to stop it is to flood the market with, and crash prices, with the dehorned rhino horn that's sitting in storage as mandated by the dehorning permit terms. The same can be done with elephant tusks. The most poached animal, the pangolin, is one that most people have never heard of.
>>
>>32288956
>If they killed the last of something they wouldn't know or care.

Africa in a nutshell.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.