[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix an extremely gunshy dogs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: s-l500.jpg (37KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
37KB, 500x342px
I got a dog from a shelter and she's pretty great but I notice I can't even clean my guns with her shaking like mad and pawing at me. I don't know why it's this way but CCing around the house is getting old. It doesn't seem to have any anxiety other than this one specific thing and I come home from the range and she doesn't seem off put by the smell of powder.
>>
Can't fix, dog is broken from past trauma.
>>
Err... Positive reinforcement and graduated exposure.

Start by OCing a Nerf gun and getting some handgun shaped cookie cutters to make her tiny revolver meatloafs.

She probably has PTSD from some junkie pistol-whipping her.
>>
shoot your dog
>>
File: ayyTF.jpg (55KB, 636x615px) Image search: [Google]
ayyTF.jpg
55KB, 636x615px
>>32287696
That's obstruction of justice you fucker
>>
>>32287653
>handgun shaped cookie cutters to make her tiny revolver meatloafs
>>
>>32287653
I tried that but she isn't in a mood to eat when she gets shook and don't want to stress her too much

>>32287746
I actually have them on order now, even if she isn't in the mood for them gun shaped cookies sounds like a /comfy/ way to spend christmas
>>
>>32287765
Is it just pistols, or does she get triggered over rifles too?
>>
>>32287777
Checked and both, not sure what it is about guns specifically she just looks confused when I wave around a bit of wood but the minute the shotgun or pistol comes out she starts going to hide or starts following me close like she did something wrong.
>>
Sorry, you can probably ameliorate it but the fear response is ingrained like when they survive a fire. Try to cover them with a bag or towel when you're moving them around. My dog is terrified of brooms and nobody can figure out why. Broom exposure hasn't solved anything. A meatloaf broom would probably help but that's some Martha Stewart tier cooking.
>>
>>32287570

>Is your dog a little bit overweight?
>Does your dog enjoy having her fur dyed an unnatural color?
>Does your dog have or show any sings of having had piercings?
>Have you noticed your dog getting irritated when you call her, "Here girl!"?
>Does the dog also cringe when you show her a picture of a strong, proud white male?
>Have you ever caught your dog posting to her Tumblr account?

Is it possible you've accidentally adopted a SJW instead of a dog?
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>32287704
>>
>>32287785

Smells of burnt powder and gun lube probably
>>
>>32287923
Are you suggesting he fucks the antigun out of his dog?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.