[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bolt Carrier Groups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: bcg.png (842KB, 1250x634px) Image search: [Google]
bcg.png
842KB, 1250x634px
> phosphate
> nickel boron
> chrome plated
> nickel teflon
> RF85
> nitride
For all the AR guys, with all the different BCG's and coatings available, what do you use in your weapon, and why?
>>
File: 20160313_150213 (2100x1181).jpg (1MB, 2100x1181px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_150213 (2100x1181).jpg
1MB, 2100x1181px
>>32282000
cryptic
because it's sexy
>>
Phosphate because poor
NiB because cleaning sucks
Chrome because I don't know better or it's an oldfag BCG
Nickel Teflon because I fall for memes
RF85 because I fall for memes and are stupid as fuck and probably poor too due to bad life decisions
Nitride because I want something better than chrome or phosphate and I don't want to deal with staining and possible quality issues that come from small no name places trying to plate with NiB. It's hard to fuck up nitriding.

NiB and nitride are the way to go. Both are great. I use both.
>>
I got the bolt from Aimsurplus

Its not gucci

It works very well
>>
I have a Faxon nitride/melonite/whatever and it is very nice.

I also have a Fail Zero in black that is very nice as well.

I also have a Radical Firearms nitride/melonite/whatever that seems to do the trick also.
>>
>>32282000
I have NIB, Chrome, Cryptic mystic black, and several Nitrided BCGS. All are made by Toolcraft with the exception of the chrome ones which are Young Manufacturing and a 1960's colt. To date my favorite have been the nitrided and Young's mfg chrome and they have took the most abuse being run solely in SBRs.
>>
>>32282141
>>32282344
>>32282398
Nitride seems to be a good choice. I'm building an AR soon and figured i'd get a nice BCG considering it's kind of the heart of the weapon.
>>32282141
Why do you say RF85 is a meme? The ability to run dry and easy cleaning seems like-able.
>>
Bare metal. Water as lube. Corrosive ammo.
>>
How are Odin Works BCGs? I'm building my first mid tier AR and they look pretty affordable for a nitride BCG.
>>
>>32283894
I have one with about 1.5k rounds on it. Runs nice.

The BCG looks like its worn on a couple of spots, but after contacting Odin Works, they say its just dye that is prone to wear. Nitride is a treatment that hardens the surface of the steel to roughly 70 rockwell, it is not a coating.

Some bolts are QPQ treated which is a quench polish quench treatment (ala melonite or tennifer) that has both the treatment and a coating associated.
>>
File: it a gun.jpg (292KB, 1827x557px) Image search: [Google]
it a gun.jpg
292KB, 1827x557px
>>32283894
Here is raifu.
>>
>>32283974
How do you like that MI rail? I just ordered the 15 inch one.
>>
>>32284204
I have two of the 15's G3 rails, and the 13 in that pic. Awesome rails, work good, solid lockup, and light AF.
>>
My buddy did a DLC (diamon like carbon) coating with a Mo2S (molydisulfide) with some PVD equipment he has. Seems to cycle fine with or without lube, any temperature.
>>
File: SRCBBCG-2.jpg (149KB, 750x500px)
SRCBBCG-2.jpg
149KB, 750x500px
>>32282000
>NP3
>>
>>32283954
nitride is short for salt bath nitride, unless its ion plasma nitrided or gas nitrided
qpq melonite and tennifer are just brand names of salt bath nitriding
>>
>>32284204
What's that gas block?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.