[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to get a Deagle in florida?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: DesertEagle_50AE.jpg (3MB, 3928x2272px) Image search: [Google]
DesertEagle_50AE.jpg
3MB, 3928x2272px
Looking to get a gun for home defense and the desert eagle has caught my eye, so I was wondering how hard is it to get one here.
>>
>>32279978
Not very hard at all, I'm down in South Florida and there's like 2 shops withing 10 minutes of me that have them
>>
>>32279978
They generally come in matched pairs. That a problem?
>>
>>32280011
Really now, how much do they normally go for?
>>
>>32280028
No not that much of a problem, I could keep the other in my car.
>>
>>32280029
Greatly depends on caliber and which finish you go for, rough estimate but expect 1500 to 2000
>>
>>32279978
>so I was wondering how hard is it to get one here

As easy as going to a gunshop and giving them a bunch of your hard-earned money for a meme.
>>
Easier than most other states. Florida, despite being a shitty swampy hellhole filled with the most batshit insane people in the nation, has hella good gun laws.
>>
Most deagles nowadays come with an underbarrel rail, my recommendation is if you're using it for home defense you'll want a flashlight
However, being that such a large handgun won't be as easy to get rapid panic shots off in home defense, I'd also recommend a foregrip, it sounds silly but it's actually comfortable considering its size, plus there's a few brands that sell foregrips with integrated flashlights to save space
>>
>>32280061
Thanks for the information.
>>32280068
Why is it a meme? Seems like a good gun.
>>32280085
Yea the laws here are good, my friend goes hunting with a remington 700 with hollow points.
>>32280135
And thanks for that, what do foregrips with flashlights tend to look like?
>>
>>32280135
>foregrip on hand gun
>making an unregistered AOW
>fine and 10 years in prison

You have such great advice for people, Mr. ATF.
>>
>>32280175
>what do foregrips with flashlights tend to look like

10 years in prison and a fine.
>>
>>32280228
Not my fault we've got a quota to meet
>>
>>32280228
>>32280240
Why is it a crime?
>>
>>32280175
>And thanks for that, what do foregrips with flashlights tend to look like?
>doesn't know the process for buying a handgun in Florida

Noguns fucktard trolls confirmed

sage goes in all fields
>>
>>32280252
Because the BAFTE decided putting a foregrip on a handgun makes it an "Any Other Weapon" or AOW, which is a Title II NFA item. People commonly refer to NFA items as "Class 3" which is technically incorrect.

Please put a foregrip on your handgun and take pictures of it for Facebook, I'm sure the BAFTE would love it.
>>
>>32280283
Well that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>32279978
>>>/v/
>>
>>32280345
You're not wrong.
>>
>>32280228
Not illegal, doesn't create an AOW.
>>
>>32279978
I'm not from florida, but they aren't rare unless you're looking for a specific model/finish.
>>
File: It happened in Florida.jpg (1MB, 750x4250px) Image search: [Google]
It happened in Florida.jpg
1MB, 750x4250px
>>32280085
>>
>>32280508
This is why I want a gun.
>>
>Be OP
>live in Florida
>methhead Floridian B&Es
>thisisit.png
>grab zebra-lined gold-plated .50AE deagle
>panic fire entire mag at toothless invader
>hit him once in abdomen, ignores bc meth and claws my face off
>rest of rounds perforate my trailer home, kill neighbor and my wife fucking 3 trailers down
>eventually die of aids from methhead attack

Even the deagle is not a good defense against your sad life in Florida
>>
>>32280252

Because the people who have the power to regulate guns are uneducated on the subject and ban anything they can get away with. It's not the only law like it either.

The desert eagle is a meme because video games made it popular as a practical massively powerful military gun. In reality, no one who knows much about firearms would buy it with the intent of self defense. It's large, heavy, unweildy, has excessive recoil and expensive ammo, isn't known to be particularly reliable, and all around isn't practical at all.

A more powerful rifle can be bought for less, will be easier to shoot accurately, be able to hold more rounds, be more reliable and be cheaper to feed.

A more practical pistol is one small enough to conceal or a full size in a model and caliber with a larger magazine and less recoil.
>>
>>32279978
The fact that only one person called you out for wanting a deagle for home defense speaks volumes about the current quality of the board.
>>
>>32281330
>The fact that only one person called you out for wanting a deagle for home defense speaks volumes about the current quality of the board.
Either you're trying to say that people here think a Desert Eagle would be the best choice for home defense and that's stupid, or you're saying that the board is aware enough to recognize a troll when they see one.
>>
File: 1455992690934.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455992690934.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
>>32280861
>The desert eagle is a meme because video games made it popular as a practical massively powerful military gun.
True, it's actually entirely unsuited for any kind of combat.

>In reality, no one who knows much about firearms would buy it with the intent of self defense.
True.

>It's large
Yep.
>heavy
Oh yeah.
>unweildy
Pretty much.
>has excessive recoil
Gotta stop you there, recoil is smooth as a kitten, shooting a .44 Deagle is like shooting a 1911.

>and expensive ammo
>isn't known to be particularly reliable
You really need to handload to get the best mileage out of it, so that offsets a lot of that. Suitable .357 and .44 projectiles are all over the place, you just need a clean burning powder and a stout load of it. FMJ is commonly suggested, but at least 3/4th jacketing is required for reliability (unjacketed lead can clog the gas port).

>and all around isn't practical at all.
For most kinds of purposes, it isn't, but it's not a fighting weapon by any stretch of the imagination, this is a sporting weapon, it's a highly precise (and I really do mean this) magnum automatic with soft recoil and a lot of power. For target and sport shooting, it can be great, you can even use it for hunting.

It is a finicky gun to run, but such is the fate of magnum automatics, compared to most other designs, it's one of the most practical and functional. With enough effort and patience, it's possible to get it running reasonably reliably for some uses.

OP is a dumb troll, but the fact is, the Deagle Brand Deagle has it's uses and it's merits, you just need to look past vidya and movies (even though it's use can be cool there).
>>
>>32280175
>Why is it a meme? Seems like a good gun.
Bait spotted, sage
>>
>>32280175
>Why is it a meme? Seems like a good gun.
It's a gas piston handgun in a FUCKHUEG cartridge
Powder doesn't burn off and fouls up the gas system

I hear the .357 Magnum version is pretty good in terms of reliability
>>
File: deagle_101.png (57KB, 1207x523px) Image search: [Google]
deagle_101.png
57KB, 1207x523px
>>32283174
It's more that you need hot ammo for reliability.

You basically need to handload to get the best mileage (at the best cost), cheap .357 plinking ammo will fail to cycle a lot, you go and shoot MagTech in a Deagle you will have a bad time. Also that shit is fucking dirty.

Cleaning is a concern, sure, but this isn't a short-recoil service pistol, you should clean it after every trip.
>>
>>32280861
>Because the people who have the power to regulate guns are uneducated on the subject and ban anything they can get away with. It's not the only law like it either.
it was written in 1934..
>>
File: 2016-10-30 12.36.0011.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-30 12.36.0011.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32283263
i usually take some .50 special and .50 and some .50+p.
reloading is a must if you are going to shoot as much as you want to shoot.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.