[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: lg-851_beauty_web_2.jpg (139KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lg-851_beauty_web_2.jpg
139KB, 1500x1500px
What is /k/'s opinion on lasers? It's one thing to focus on your front sight at the range, but a totally different beast when you have a moving target that you may have only split-seconds to hit under extreme stress. When your life is in danger, your focus would probably be drawn to the threat, not your sights. And even if you could focus on your sights, I doubt you would be able to track a moving target as easily as just making sure a laser dot is pointing at him.
>All of this is only my opinion as of now. Convince me not to buy a Crimson Trace for my Glock.
>>
they're fucking cool and its fun to point them at shit but not into your eyes
>>
>>32279222

>tfw as a kid we played with laser pointers and my right eye is permanently fucked from it and now I need to shoot left handed.
>>
>>32279215

Save your money brother - and I say that from having bought into the hype and got Crimson Trace grips for my Sig P-229 back in the day I used to dry fire practice all over the house with that thing when I first got them. In that aspect, it was cool, but it didn't tell me a damn thing about how well I was actually shooting ( more on that in a minute ).

After about, maybe 6 months, I noticed that the red dot had become more of a red splash, it was well over the size of a quarter. So, I contacted Crimson Trace, sent them back and they sent me a new pair. Apparently the glass they used at the time, would be affected by the hi density light of the "laser".

Okay, fair enough - the new one worked well and I carried it that way for a couple of years.

So, I am at the range one day with a good friend, a much older guy who had done a TON of shooting his day and he says to me "You know that damn hi tech toy points TWO ways don't you?"

See, there in lies the problem. A bad guy will be able to see, not only where you are, but also what angle you are firing from. Anyone with any training is going to be able to assess the situation and find cover based on that information in a PDQ motion when their life is on the line. Then you are hung out to dry as they know right where you are and can start shooting back.

My vote would be save your money.
>>
Ir lasers/lights are the only ones worth a damn
>>
>>32279215
Had crimson traces on my 1911 from the factory. Screws up a high grip and didn't do shit for my aim. Can't beat a hi visibility front sight.
>>
>>32279362
>Not just buying an IR laser and always wearing your NODs.
>>
>>32279215
I don't want lasers on my guns. Lasers or "lazers" to the unenlightened, are not for aiming a handgun. Handguns have sights for that. Sights are awesome. Lasers are stupid.
>>
File: ray_charles_gun.jpg (24KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
ray_charles_gun.jpg
24KB, 309x309px
>>32279362
If you feel your life is being threatened and need to draw your weapon, chances are the person threatening you knows where you are already. (They will be looking at you in order to start the confrontation.)
>>
>>32279215
It makes the most sense for either CCW or CQB type shit where you might not be able to 100% stay focused on your sights or don't necessarily want to have to shoot.

Some jewtube series where they do ccw sims drives the point that people can still act tough even when there's a gun out, but the laser on them gives them that oh shit factor that otherwise might not translate when drunk or whatever

And other times would be like swat guys who are looking god damn everywhere besides their sights to make sure they don't get neck shanked but still need something to help their instinctual aim if they're not completely on sights
>>
>>32279362
This is the kind of fuddlore that decries weapon lights on HD guns. Do your own research, check facts, then make a decision for yourself. Some dudes opinion at the range means about as much as mine.
>>
>>32283441
Gonna have to agree with this. You gotta weigh the pros and cons for yourself. You may give away your position but if you feel like you can make better shots it might be worth looking into.
>>
>>32279215
Just get good at point shooting, it will be quicker than a crutch laser sight
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.