[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to gun maintenance What are some tips for cleaning AKs and ARs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0405.jpg (52KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
52KB, 1000x630px
New to gun maintenance

What are some tips for cleaning AKs and ARs?
>>
use semen
>>
>>32277820
>What are some tips for cleaning AKs and ARs?
Pro-tip: Don't use /k/ for tips
>>
>>32277820
>Bore snake for barrel cleaning
>Rag for wiping off BCG
>Breakfree CLP for cleaning and lubing
>Liberally lube BCG, apply a light amount of oil on CH where see metal wear, apply light amount of oil on hammer and sear locking points

Done.
>>
>>32277820
Just go find someone to show you. Learn about all the different oils, cleaners, and how most of them are snake oil.

Here's the cleaners and lubes I use:

Clp and hoppes lubricant oil. Clp if you let sit on parts does a great job breaking down carbon and cosmoline.

I use a bore snake for all my rifles. It gets the job done. In a none chrome lined bore that I actually care about, I'll consider brushes. For chrome lined barrels all you need is a fucking bore snake. Just soak the brush end with cleaner or clp and pull the snake.

Once my lower and upper are separated I take my lower, spray a shit ton of clp in the trigger group and spray it out with my air compressor. Lol done. Be sure to spray in a direction all the dirty shot blows onto something you don't care about.

The upper is easy. Remove the bcg and charging handle. Generally speaking the actual upper won't be that dirty except in the locking lug area and chaimber. They make special patches for this area. If you run out, clp and air compressor. Lol.

Strip the bcg. Just let shit soak in clp. Air compressor. Lol. But sometimes you will have to wipe down the firing pin. Most cases if you soak shit you won't have to scrape any parts. Scraping parts is more for feild tools doing a dry clean.

Lube your bolt shaft, cam pin, lightly your firing pin, and rails on the carrier. Your carrier has rails. You don't need to be that guy and have your whole bcg dripping. It's retarded anon and gives you reason to clean your buffer and tube down the road.
>>
File: NFAM48[1].jpg (366KB, 864x574px) Image search: [Google]
NFAM48[1].jpg
366KB, 864x574px
carbon likes to bake onto the pistol part of the bolt. so you need a copper brush and solvent to get it off.

fucking star chamber is difficult to clean completely
>>
File: thisisapiston[1].jpg (59KB, 991x347px) Image search: [Google]
thisisapiston[1].jpg
59KB, 991x347px
>>32278781
*piston part of the bolt
>>
Pour hot salty water into the gun, and let it sit for long enough for the water to get cold, then drain it and let it air dry for a while.
>>
>>32278781
How do you even clean the chamber properly? I feel like it's next to impossible.
>>
>>32277820
Use detergents when necessary and not after every 10 rounds like aspies will shriek at you. Don't overlube. Excess lube creates fine paste when mixed with dirt/shit and, believe it or not, is worse than not using enough lube.

AR, even though it's a shitty inferior weapon compared to AK. will work fine without you polishing it every 30 minutes.
>>
>>32278818
Absolutely true. If you're at all concerned with the possibility of corrosive ammo, the salt water will dissolve the corrosive salts leaning your rifle sparkly new. Works real well on Mosins as well.
>>
>>32278818
do retards think this is funny or something?
It's not even subtle.
>>
>>32278818
THIS
AK's don't need maintenance though so this is an uneeded step for ak's
AR's need a salt water bath every time you shoot
>>
>>32278996
>It's not even subtle.
I'm no expert but that kinda seems to be the point.
Also, FYI, I'm not taking that retard's side.
>>
>>32278033
>>32278352
>>32278781
>>32278792
Jesus christ dude
Do you want him to decrease the value of his guns?
>>
>>32278781
>>32278792
>>32278853

the fuck dude? no just oil like remoil
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.