[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how would /k/ equip child soldiers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: guns_children.jpg (147KB, 835x635px) Image search: [Google]
guns_children.jpg
147KB, 835x635px
So, how would /k/ equip child soldiers? I'm asking due to pic related and reading an old article about child soldiers, pretty much every child was equipped with a AK variant. High recoil and high ammo weight should be far from optimal for the little ones. Agreed, so is the occupation and if you employ child soldiers you're probably more concerned about your troop numbers and logistics then strict per "soldier" efficiency...

But as a thought experiment, if you where to try to equip your child soldiers with the best stuff to fight your average third world battle, what would you give them?

Signed, definitely-not-a-desperate-dictator
>>
>>32276730
Reported and saged

>>>/pol/ has your answers
>>
I would give them knives and small arms. I would then have them lure enemy soldiers close and stab them.
>>
>>32276746
Believe me, if I wanted 300 posts about why the [minorities of the week] are responsible for [situation]. I would go straigth to /pol/. But as it happens I'm actually curious about the topic.

But oh yes, a board that regulary posts recipes for homemade explosives and faps to animes with underage heroes using weaponry is of course morally superior.
>>
CAA Micro RONI 30rd glock 17
Zenith MP5A3 clone
SIG MPX
P90
AR15 SBR with reduced power 300blk handloads
SR-635
>>
File: MSMC Poster.jpg (215KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
MSMC Poster.jpg
215KB, 1600x999px
Cheap third world PDW:
Indian MSMC 5.56×30mm
>>
Recoil isn't really a thing unless you're a girl or are shooting large caliber handguns
>>
>>32276730
Getting your hands on some M1 Carbines seems like the ideal solution, if you can drudge some out of vietnam or the philipines
>>
That depends on how expendable they are and the terrain they are going to be fighting in.
>>
>>32278067
That looks sick, but if it's from India it's prolly a bucket of shit.
>>
>>32278175
>shit receptacles
>india
>>
>>32278067
Why the fuck would it need a bayonet?
>>
>>32276730
Pistol caliber carbines.
>>
Supply runners mostly. Have them run empty mags to designated area where child assembly line checks, cleans, reloads spent mags, then runs reloads back to the front lines.
Also fixed positions (mg/artillery) as well as advanced warning/scouts. Kids have been used pretty successfully as Intel providers, giving away enemy positions or warning of incoming assaults.

Atleast that's how I would use them if I was a 3rd world dictator/warchief
>>
>>32276730
This picture is true though.

There are youtube videos of like kids shooting machine guns all the time and there's even a video of some yemeni girl shooting a mortar with her dad.
>>
>>32278187
underrated as fuck post
>>
File: 448104_03_hk_mp5.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
448104_03_hk_mp5.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
Depends on the war but MP5 with retractable stock comes first to mind. If possible

If possible with smaller child sized pistol grips but I see one would have to make the entire lower again instead of just screwing on a wooden grip made in a workshop
>>
>>32276746
Kids have been used as auxillary troops for thousands of years.
Pic related: child soldier throwing large rocks at advancing troops in the siege of Antioch
>>
>>32276730
>But as a thought experiment, if you where to try to equip your child soldiers with the best stuff to fight your average third world battle, what would you give them?
AR scaled down to 5.7
Ceramic plates
minibikes
>>
>>32276730
I feel that pic is right.

A kid simply does not have the strength or motor skill to move around as an infantryman. With the stand the MG is mounted to taking most of the recoil it is simply point and shoot for the kid. A mortar would take very little training to aim, and each round is light enough that a couple kids could load it and keep it fed with ease.

Light artillery or AA is a possibility too, but ammo begins to go out of what a child is capable of carrying.

Alternatively, outside of combat, a child could be used as a messenger, or to distribute/collect light supplies.
>>
I feel explosives would be a dangerous learning curve for a child soldier. I can imagine mistakes made as they learn. Like stated earlier, guess just depends how expendable they are
>>
File: hh.jpg (549KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
549KB, 900x619px
Famas, it's like a big toy gun
>>
File: 1460437356239.png (32KB, 555x421px)
1460437356239.png
32KB, 555x421px
>>32279280
Mount it to the handlebars or run it with one of them sitting backwards on the rear and you have a neat little killing machine.
>>
Sexual gratification for adult soldiers.

(In Africa, maybe this answer is closer to reality than you want to think.)
>>
Suicide vests.
If that's off the table then I guess 9mm handguns should be fine.
>>
File: ATV.jpg (75KB, 1024x505px) Image search: [Google]
ATV.jpg
75KB, 1024x505px
>>32279704
You might be on to something
>>
File: 1475253747435.jpg (78KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475253747435.jpg
78KB, 750x500px
>>32279770
Replace that front AR with an AR-57 for easy reloads while fixed, and have a two kid team on the trailer and we are really on to something.

Das ist mane
>>
>>32279122
Possibly the most efficient way of using them.
>>
I think we can all agree the way child soldiers are currently used is generally expensive and ineffective. The boys are drugged up constantly, given an ak and used as distractions. The girls are also drugged up constantly and used for sexual relief and odd jobs. If you'd just scale back the horror factor and used them for odd jobs, intel gathering and for manning mounted machine guns and indirect fire, you wouldn't have to waste so many resources on them and use your manpower in a much more effective manner.
>>
Volley fire 10/22s
>>
File: g3-s.jpg (803KB, 1440x900px)
g3-s.jpg
803KB, 1440x900px
>>32276730
G3s and Glock 29s as sidearms. Little shits either suck it up and get used to them or sent mine clearing duty, Soviet penal battalion style.
>>
>>32276730
Grenades.

Kids make good sucide bombers.
>>
>>32279656
they put the surrender sticks , they are gonna run . SHOOT THEM BACK
>>
>>32279025
Everything should have a bayonet
>>
>>32276730
Bayonet.
>>32278067
>new weapon
>Cheap
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.