[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A better plane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: x32.jpg (97KB, 777x510px) Image search: [Google]
x32.jpg
97KB, 777x510px
>implying I wouldn't be in service right now

>implying I wouldn't be cheaper

>implying the F35 doesn't suck

Boy America, you sure fucked up by choosing the inferior product here.
>>
>>32276516
>Didn't even match proposal because they couldn't get the tailless design to work
>Had no idea how to reliably build the one-piece wing
>Would've done a fraudulent complete redesign if they won
>No room in design for munitions
>Had to strip it bare to do a STOVL flight
>Used wimpy Harrier-inspired system that could cause a hot exhaust feedback

We picked the right one.
>>
If it'd somehow won JSF there'd be even more shitposting about it and most of it would actually be true.
>>
The F35 doesn't suck. It has the same types of problems all new weapon systems have. Everything I'm reading from the people who know says that the F35 is incredible and it's a new generation of warfare.
>>
>>32276516
The 32 was even worse than the 35, and that's saying something.
>>
>>32276516
It's a neat design that showed that some people were willing to think outside the box but it did fall short on a few issues mainly the hot air intake issue. from what i heard though it was much easier to fly in VTOL mode than the F-35 so maybe the technology has applications elsewhere but unfortunately not in an air superiority fighter.
>>
>>32277114
>It has the same types of problems all new weapon systems have.

No "weapon system" in the history of forever has cost this much and taken so long to enter service.

Stop defending the craptastic F-35.

They made the first atomic bomb within 6 years for goodness sake.
>>
>>32277223
The A-bomb had its own suite of problems too
>>
>>32277223
The F-22 took longer to enter service and costs more per plane. The only reason the F-35 program costs so much is because the US is buying nearly 2500 of them.
>>
>>32277143
>but it did fall short on a few issues
That's a weird way to say it fell far short of the X-35 in every measure.
>>
>>32277390
>The F-22 took longer to enter service and costs more per plane

It's also not a pile of shit like the F-35 is.
>>
>>32277415
Where the fuck are you getting that ridiculous idea?
>>
>>32277415
Once Block 3F is released there's actually probably a decent chance of the F-35A being a real threat to the F-22 in training exercises (not that I expect either to be in a REDFOR anytime soon) - the F-35 will be able to engage F-22s via IR triangulation well before the F-22's radar has a chance of detecting the F-35. If it comes down to guns the F-22's will win 99% of the time, but it'd be interesting to see who can get an AIM-9X off first - an F-35 can only carry them externally, which will increase its signature a bit, but the F-22 doesn't have a helmet mounted sight, making targeting anything not in front of it problematic.
>>
File: now this is shitposting.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
now this is shitposting.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>32276516
Ur a faget

>>32277480
Dragon, I don't know why you waste your time with these people, but I commend you for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.