[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rhodesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Im just a skate who needs to operate.
>>
>>32276226
Oh man, those operators were hardcore.

That's why they won.

Oh wait.
>>
File: rhodesianairforcebell20og9.jpg (469KB, 1500x1026px) Image search: [Google]
rhodesianairforcebell20og9.jpg
469KB, 1500x1026px
>>32276257
>what is politics
Cunt.
>>
>>
File: 81c65cee8e1ee6.jpg (341KB, 800x1142px)
81c65cee8e1ee6.jpg
341KB, 800x1142px
>>
>>32276226
That swashplate is sexy as fuck
>>
>>32276257
>doesn't know the truth
>that someone was depressed and that's the only reason politics were able to change the tide of the war
LITERALLY because someone said, "I don't care!"

tl;dr a mistake was made go fuck yourself
>>
Here's some recently uploaded combat footage I've never seen before from Rhodesia in 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPLFp9-zupc
>>
>>32278565
>muh politicians lost the war

dumbshits always blame others for their own failures
>>
I actually don't know much about African wars and shit but i reckon they're pretty grouse. I've heard Angola stories because I know South Africans (tons of them live in Aus) but what happened in Rhodesia? I know Rhodesians and they still call it Rhodesia, but I dunno what happened. Can someone fill me in?
>>
File: 1464561674263.jpg (1MB, 9144x6096px)
1464561674263.jpg
1MB, 9144x6096px
>>32282453

>white minority rule
>rhodie land is best in africa for whites and even blacks
>revolutionaries try and overthrow gov
>civil war ensues
>white (and black) rhodie operators do some badass shit/win most of the battles
>lose war b/c of international politics/domestic treason in upper ranks

>immortalized on /k/ b/c of the false "white operators pawning blacks" narrative
>actually most of army was black and most of the country wanted to stay with colonial-lite rule
>country is now pretty much a complete shit hole
>>
>>32276257

I wouldn't call being Zimbabwe winning.
>>
>>32282660
>history of africa
colonial africa was best africa.
>>
>>32282676
>rhodesia no longer exists
>insurgents are in power

they won, by definition
>>
>>32282712

eh, africa has actually had some pretty dope home grown empires come and go in it's time
>>
>>32282308
If politicians control what the military does, and the decisions made by the politicians result in the loss of a war, the politicians lost the war
>>
>>32282308
Their operator (RLI, SAS and Scouts) where hardcore. Militarily they wouldn't have lasted too much longer due to their small size and sanctions. But without political restrictions to do cross border raids and work with/get support from SA openly, they could've delivered a much harder blow to ZANLA/ZIPRA.

Mugabe and Nkomo escaped several assassination attempts, very likely due to british spies tipping them off.
>>
File: 74872398479.png (463KB, 685x885px) Image search: [Google]
74872398479.png
463KB, 685x885px
>>32287558
them booty shorts tho
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.