[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaf here, what do you need to kill pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: bullmoose.jpg (154KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
bullmoose.jpg
154KB, 900x600px
I'll admit, I'm a medieval fag, I have axes and swords and longbows, no crossbow, but there have been alot of adult male moose sightings in the wooded area I spend a shitload of time in, not to mention something killed an adult male Black bear and sort of ate part of it, and it has me spooked as it means either there's a very brave Wolfpack nearby, a cannibalistic Blackbear, a Grizzly bear in a place it shouldn't be (Northern Ontario) or something nightmarish out of some /k/ and /x/ threads

So tl;dr I want to stop being a newfag for guns and have a weapon that could cope with anything I might run into, that I could get in this country?
>>
>>32274659
Sounds like you could use a pump action shotgun. Slugs will ruin the day of even the biggest critters.
>>
>>32274684
Any model in particular? Most I've ever used when it comes to firearms is a BB gun and a .22 Winchester
>>
You can get a cheap SKS in Canada afaik. That's a good start; shoots a common and cheap round (7.62x39) and is semi automatic. Has folding bayonet for stabby situations. Stock internal mag holds 10 and aftermarket detachable mags go higher than that. You'll just need to learn how to clean it because when they get dirty they can be prone to slam firing which is always fun.
>>
Mossberg 500 with brenneke black magic slugs. You can now put down anything that walks on this planet. Also an option is a marlin 1895 in .45-70.
>>
>>32274691
Mossberg 500s and 590s are very reliable. Last I checked Remington's quality went down the shutter but older 870s are still fine weapons. Maverick 88s are servicable, if a little bare bones.

There are others, people will say Winchester or Benelli, or whatnot. Pump actions are very well-refined weapons and many good options are avalible.
>>
A full size rifle round. .30-06, 8mm Mauser, or .303 and 54R as is so popular in Snow Mexico.Placement is always key when dealing with that much angry mass.
>>
File: 54hberge5ty.jpg (84KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
54hberge5ty.jpg
84KB, 500x707px
>>32274659
>So tl;dr I want to stop being a newfag for guns and have a weapon that could cope with anything I might run into

Silver
>>
>>32274709

Mag pinned to 5 as per Canadian law

Also, heavy and loud to carry compared to a <24" bbl shotty
>>
>>32274718
Both of these will absolutely ruin Pooh or Bulwinkle's day.
>>
>>32274659
Compound bow works, otherwise I'd use .308 or similar. They're not that bad, they die just like everything else if you hit the vitals.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.