[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you own a combat ready M1A2 Abrams tank?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: m1a2_abrams.jpg (28KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
m1a2_abrams.jpg
28KB, 600x356px
Can you own a combat ready M1A2 Abrams tank?
>>
>>32272203

No, but you can own one that can be made combat-ready in a day, a bit you'll have a hell of a time procuring any ammunition.
>>
>>32272242
>No
Why not?
>>
>>32272266

Whenever they pawn an Abrams off (which happens once in a decade or so), they make sure to demill the gun: it's not impossible to repair and easy enough to register as a DD, but you're going to be spending a pretty penny fixing a gun which you probably won't be able to supply.
>>
>>32272242
>Not buying 120mm from Mexico.
It will only be HEAT rounds but you can get them for $1500 each.
>>
>>32272339
Why can't you buy an Abrams with a working gun?
>>
>>32272376
Because nobody sells an Abrams with a working gun.
>>
>>32272389
You could probably get one from Iraq or some place.
>>
>>32272376
Tanks usually have to be demillled before being sold on to the civilian market. I remember reading a forum thread where an importer brought Leopards into the US (a real bargain at $125k each, excluding transport from Florida and fuel), but import restrictions required deactivating the main gun. However, you could register the cannon as a NFA Destructive Device and then restore it to active use.
>>
Nope, I think there's a couple XM-1's on the market though.
>>
>>32272203
you can get a T-72 for around 50,000.
>>
>>32272376

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/calshio/company.html

On second thought, I appear to be mistaken; this Abrams sold around 2005 was apparently not demilled at all. In fact, this site claims to sell ammunition to go with it. Makes me wonder who the lucky bidder was.

Admittedly, I probably got that mixed up with Ahrnold's M60, which was demilled due to Californian law.
>>
>>32272472
>Coming Soon:The F/A-22 Advanced Tactical Fighter!
This is a completely legitimate site.
>>
>>32272472
>Ahrnold's M60
you mean m47
it's also LITERALLY the same one he drove in the austrian army
>>
>>32272472
The retail price for an M1A1 is approximately $4.3M, but they aren't exactly available to the public. If you act now, you can have the chance to bid on this incredible piece of machinary in a once in a lifetime opportunity. Bidding will begin on January 1, 2005 at 12 noon approximately 50 miles soutb-southwest of Algiers, Algeria. Bidders must be present, meaning in person. Bidding will begin at $2.5M, but is expected to run much higher. Ammunition and the tank's crew is not included

kek what the fuck
>>
>>32272621
Oh fug i forgod the
>meme arrow
:DDD
>>
File: 1480583791511.jpg (25KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1480583791511.jpg
25KB, 500x378px
>>32272436
>>
>>32272472

>Please tell us why you are interested in our quality products:
>Terrorist organization
>Rebel group
>Personal protection
>Recreation
>National army
>Research/intelligence
>Drug trade
>Other
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.